0 1 9

Spellbound | J.WONWOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 19

 

 

Hera closed the door behind her, she tucked her face closer to the knit cardigan that she was wearing. However the cold December air was irrepressible. Hera could still feel her body shivering soon after the air hits her.

 

 

"Leaving for work?" A voice startled her.

 

 

Hera looked over to the side and saw her neighbour standing not too far from her with a green plastic bag filled with trash. 

 

 

A small smile plastered on her wrinkled face. Despite her age, Mrs.Kim always looked lovely whenever she smiled.

 

 

"Ah, yes." Hera said softly after bowing her head to the lady.

 

 

Mrs.Kim who lived next to her had always been kind enough to give Hera some of her leftovers. Despite knowing Hera is a witch, she had never treated Hera badly. But her other family members. . well, they were indifferent to say the least.

 

 

Both of them hop onto the elevator, Hera tried to avoid eye contact as much as possible. She was never good with conversing with others. 

 

 

Maybe it was because she was raised in a society filled with people who despise her existance. Hera knows Mrs.Kim was different than those people. . but it was just something inevitable.

 

 

"My family and I are moving soon," Mrs.Kim suddenly told her.

 

 

Hera spontaneously turned her head to Mrs.Kim. Her eyes wide in disbelief of what she had just heard.

 

 

The old lady rested one of her palm on her cheek. The wrinkles on her face became more visible as her brows furrowed. "I wonder if it's a good idea," she added. her tone laced with concern.

 

 

"You're moving. . . why?" Hera asked without thinking twice.

 

 

After realizing what she had said, Hera quickly covered with her hands. She should not have said that to the lady. She must have added more of the latter's concern about moving. 

 

 

Mrs.Kim smiled at her. It did not look force yet gentle. Sometimes, it reminded her of her grandmother. It's been awhile since Hera last step foot to her hometown.

 

 

She avoided it for a obvious reason.

 

 

"I'm sorry," Hera uttured sheepishly. She hung her head low, feeling embarrassed to face the latter.

 

 

Hera raised her head to see Mrs.Kim when she felt the old lady's hand patting her arm in a friendly manner. "It's okay! Don't worry about it" .

 

 

"My husband wants to live closer with his family. I have no choice but to agree with his plans," She told Hera.

 

 

Soon after, the elevator stopped and the door slides open. Mrs.Kim was the first to got out from the elevator.

 

 

Hera suddenly felt teary about Mrs.Kim leaving. Hera barely has any acquaintance in Seoul. Hence, every person that she befriended here matters so much to her than she could ever imagine. 

 

 

"Be safe, Mrs.Kim." 

 

 

The old lady nodded her head, the smile was still there. Her dark brown eyes fixed on Hera as she gently brought Hera into her embrace. Mrs.Kim did not know why but Hera reminded her a lot of herself during her young days, living in Seoul all alone.

 

 

Hera must have had it tougher than her. . . being a witch was not something to be proud of in this world.

 

 

"You too," Mrs.Kim said before letting her go.

 

 

Seoul is filled with distant people who wander by, caring only about their own personal matter. 

 

 

But, Hera also learned that among those people there are people like Mrs.Kim who radiates warmth to others that walk pass her.

 

 

 

 

"Can't you give it to me for the last time?" Hera trailed behind Jaeyoung who was walking to the lockers to take her belonging.

 

 

It was almost midnight and the store had finally closed. Jaeyoung could feel her shoulders aching and her cheeks hurt from smilling all the time.

 

 

It was more hectic than usual since one of the customer's child had accidentally spilled their drink onto the floor and she had to clean it up before any more customer walked in.

 

 

Hera had been pestering her for weeks now. Pleading her to give the potion to her. 

 

 

"Please Jaeyoung-ah," If only Hera could make the potion the way Jaeyoung did, she would not have been bothering her friend about this at all.

 

 

Hera grabbed one of Jaeyoung's arm and swung it back and forth as her whines continue. Jaeyoung started to feel irked about it. She was tired and wanted nothing els

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter