0 1 7

Spellbound | J.WONWOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17

 

 

"I heard from Wonwoo's mother that he will begin his military service soon," Nana huffed as she wiped the sweat that has now begin to trickle on her forehead.

 

 

The sun was still shinning brightly over them and Nana, being the strong-willed person that she is, had decided to do some gardening at their lawn. 

 

 

She said it need some 'make-over' before Hera leaves them. 

 

 

Hera was just handing Nana a glass filled with orange juice when she heard the news. She was surprised at first. Hera never thought Wonwoo would enlist this fast.

 

 

"That idiot!" Nana's grumbling had snapped Hera out of her thoughts, "leaving his family all alone. But who am I to say when my granddaughter is also going away," her voice sounded soft before she sneak a glance to Hera's direction.

 

 

Hera was staring at the Jeons' house across theirs before they averted to her grandmother's back that was facing her.

 

 

Nana's voice sounded playful but Hera knows that her grandmother was still hesitant to let her go to Seoul. Alone. Afterall, Hera was the only grandchild she had.

 

 

A small smile lingered on Hera's lips. 

 

 

She gently pulled the elder woman's shoulder close to her. Hera ignored Nana's voice that was complaining about how sticky she felt now. 

 

 

"Don't worry, Nana. I will always visit you during the breaks," Hera told her softly. 

 

 

Nana that was trying to peel Hera off from her had stopped all her actions. She could not help but to feel sad about Hera leaving her.

 

 

Hera started to feel worry when Nana did not bite her back with her snarky remarks. She was uncertain if the latter was crying or just lost in her own thoughts. 

 

 

But relief soon washed over Hera when she felt a soft pat on her arm. 

 

 

"I know, dear. I just couldn't help but to be dramatic".

 

 

Silence broke between the two of them before they burst out into a fit of laughter upon hearing those words.

 

 

 

 

There is only 3 days left until Hera's departure to Seoul. To Lithuanian University. 

 

 

Hera carefully put some of her belongings into the medium sized box that was on her study desk. Half of the things she owned had already vanished from her room.

 

 

Hera's dark brown eyes examined her room once again. All that left were some of her old novels, some of her old clothes and posters of her favorite band on the wall. A whole new journey. . . Hera sighed. 

 

 

Hera was both excited and scared for what the future may holds for her. She took the picture frame of her parents and stare at it intently. 

 

 

Both of them were smilling happily as they sat side by side with a year old Hera in her mother's arm. 'I made it' she murmured to herself. 

 

 

"Hey, may I come in?" 

 

 

Hera quickly put the picture frame back on her study desk and walked towards the shelf that was next to the desk.

 

 

Without looking over towards her bedroom door, Hera was certain that the voice belonged to Wonwoo. The two neighbours had made plans to have a small barbeque party at the Jeons' lawn tonight. 

 

 

Her grandmother had been busy helping them preparing for it while Hera was instructed to finish her packing by Nana. 

 

 

"Sure," Hera mumbled. 

 

 

Wonwoo rubbed the back of his neck, uncomfortable with the stiff air between them. He found himself staring at Hera who was still putting in some of her belongings in a box. 

 

 

He quickly averted his gaze when Hera started to bend down to reach out for the book that fell from her grasp. 

 

 

"Nana asked me to help you out," Wonwoo explained. He was trying his best to ignore his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter