Chapter 2

From Strangers, To Not So Much

 

 

The front door to the house burst open the minute I stopped the car outside. I ran out of my car right into my brother’s arms and just cried. He ushered me in quickly before closing the door and dragged me to the couch in the living room.

“Hana whats wrong? Why are you crying?” Sora was kneeling down beside me and rubbing my arm in comfort. I tried to stop crying but my body wasn’t letting me. “Breath Hana, I need you to breath.” Taeyoung tightened his hug and tried to make me breath with him. After some time, my breathing became normal and I stopped crying.

“They…. uhh” I couldn’t get it out. I didn’t know how to say it. I bit my lip hard when I felt the tears start to build up again and I tried to take a few breathes to calm myself down. “They want me to get married. To the Seo family. They want to merge the business through this marriage.” I whispered the last sentence, the tears spilling over once again. The arms around me tightened and I saw Sora shift.

“Taeyong no! That will only upset them!” Sora tried to reach for his hand, but he flinched back and stood up quickly.

“Upset them?!” he was yelling at her, his hands clenching and unclenching. “Their selling her off like some kind of parchment! Does Anna know?!” Taeyoung looked at me in question. I shook my head, not really trusting myself to say anything. “Ok I’m going to call her and were going to talk about this!” he stalked off to find his phone while Sora moved to sit next to me and hugged me while we heard my brother yell at my sister through the phone about my situation.

“Everything’s going to be ok, ok? We will talk to your parents about this.” Sora tightened her hug and turned to look at her husband again, who was pacing back and forth enough to see the carpet start to smoke up a bit. After fifteen minutes of watching him, I stood up to tell him to sit down but the doorbell rang. My brother ran to the door and yanked it open, allowing my sister to run in, her husband following behind calmly. Anna ran straight at me and engulfed me into a hug, also crying about my situation.

“We are not going to let this happen, do you hear me!?” she screamed into my ear causing me to flail a little. “No sister of mine is going to be sold off as some kind of parcel!” Then she grabbed both sides of my face to keep yelling. “Do you hear me?! No one is going to marry you, not without our permission!”

“They will have to wait ten years then!” my brother yelled out. Ten years?! Why ten years?! I shook my head at my thoughts and tried to remove my sister’s hands from my face, with much difficulty. Once I was free, I looked behind my sister to see Doyoung standing there with a soft smile, but his eyes gave him away. There was fire in his eyes, flaring at each passing second. I gulped before turning towards my brother

“Mother said he was the one who wanted to court me.” My brother raised his eyebrow at this and turned towards Anna.

“Did he mention why?” Anna tilted her head and waited for my reply, but I only shook my head.

“Maybe we should try to clear all of this up at the ball this weekend. I am pretty sure we could talk to him and see whats going on, right Doyoung?” my brother turned towards Doyoung, who immediately gave a smirk back. I eyed them both before turning towards the females in fear, but they were in their own conversation. I just sighed and went back to the couch figuring out what I can do about this situation. I would like to talk to him before the ball if it was possible, but I knew I would be under strict supervision on where I go and what I do before the weekend. My phone quickly vibrated, lighting up the screen to show me a message from an unknown number. I frowned before seeing who it was.

“Hey this is John. Your parents gave me your number.” Well speak of the devil. I looked up to see if anyone was paying attention to me and looked back down to my phone once the coast was clear.

“Uh hey, this is Hana, but I guess you already knew that hehehe” I sent the message before I read what I actually typed and the urge to throw myself out of a window was strong. I really need to reread what I text before I send it! I quickly saved his contact and turned off my phone before anyone noticed anything. My phone vibrated quickly after and I fled the scene to a more private area before I looked at my phone.

“Haha yeah. You see the reason I am texting you is because I wanted to know the color of your dress so I could match my tie.” Is this prom? The hell? I just stared at the message not really knowing what to text back. I didn’t really know what I was wearing either. Oh boy.

“Can I tell you tomorrow? I don’t really know what my dress looks like until tomorrow.” Great now he thinks I’m this ditzy girl who doesn’t have these things planned months in advance like the other girls! I sighed and waited for his text when I heard footsteps approaching where I was. I quickly locked my phone and placed it in my back pocket and turned around like I was about to head out the door casually. Taeyoung stepped in and smiled before holding out his hand. I felt my phone vibrate but I ignored it and reached for his hand in hopes that he wouldn’t notice my stressed face.

“Come on, were figuring out what to do on Saturday.” He pulled me away from the area, back to the living room. Whatever it is, I’m scared to know what they planned. I gulped and kept walking.