Chapter 19

From Strangers, To Not So Much

 

I could feel the excitement buzzing in the house and it wasn’t even five in the morning. I tried to close my eyes again in hopes of falling asleep but that idea was quickly thrown out the window when I heard my phone go off. I sat up in my bed and took my phone off the table. Johnny?

 

“Hey, are you up?” I blinked at the text and glanced out the windows to see the moon was still up. I frowned before replying back. 

 

“Unfortunately yeah. I can’t seem to fall asleep. T T” I laid back in bed and became a blanket burrito and got comfortable when I heard the phone go off again.

 

“Same here. ..Do you mind if I call you?” Immediately I could feel myself getting worried. I thought about how he seemed to have been distant lately, only texting me last night apologizing for not replying to my text from earlier that week.

 

“Yeah of course.” As soon as I sent it my phone started ringing and I picked it up, squirming myself more into my blanket. “Hello?”

 

“Hey, I’m sorry for calling so….late? Early? What is this even considered?” I laughed and glanced at the time again. 

 

“I don’t even know...I guess it’s early..I think. Are you nervous for today?” I tugged on a stray hair that was framing my face.

 

“A little. That’s sort of why I called. I wanted to check on you and see if you were ok. Are you ok?” I laughed again and nodded. 

 

“Yeah I’m ok. Are you ok though? I haven't heard from you in a while.” I heard a sigh and then a creak from the other side of the phone. 

 

“Yes and no. Life’s been a little….”

 

“Complicated?” I suggested.

 

“Yeah.” I heard another sigh. “I’m sorry for not being in touch.”

 

“Oh no! No no don’t worry about it. I was worried that’s all. Do you want to talk about it?” 

 

“Not yet, no. I will one day but..” 

 

“Hey I completely understand. You don’t have to say if you don’t want to. I will tell you though, the kids have been asking about the sleepover still. If we don’t plan that soon they are going to be upset and you do not want to see them upset.” There was a chuckling and more shifting on the other side. 

 

“The guys were asking about you too. Saying that had something very important they wanted to talk to you about. I couldn’t get it out of them, however.” I laughed and turned around to face the door where the clock was. 

 

“I wonder what they wanted to talk about. Hmm.” He laughed again, but for some reason it sounded strained.  “ Are you tired? Do you want to go to sleep?”

 

“No! No not yet.” I pulled my phone away from my ear to look at the screen before getting out of my blankets. 

 

“Johnny, what’s wrong?” I got up from my bed and took the sweater that was hanging on my bedpost. I placed it on quickly before walking across the room my brother gave me to another set of doors that led out to the balcony. 

 

“I will tell you everything just…” I frowned but let it go. I stepped out to the balcony and closed the doors. 

 

“All right we have about six more hours till we can see each other. And let me tell you Johnny Seo, if I end up tripping down the aisle you better not laugh at me.” I heard more laughter and smiled, glad I was able to distract him. 

 

“I can’t laugh even a little?” I laughed at that and shook my head.

 

“Ok maybe a little. But that’s only because I might be laughing too.” I was laughing when I heard his laughter too. 

 

“I promise I won't laugh. But I don’t think you will fall.”

 

“We will see. This is me we are talking about. Remember the tea incident?”

 

“That can happen to anyone Hana.”

 

“You haven’t seen me function in a whole day. Believe me.”

 

“Well we are going to be living together after today.” I couldn’t figure out if I gasped or tried to swallow but I ended up choking at the end. “Hana? Hana are you ok?” After my choking fit I was able to wheeze out a “fine” but he was laughing at that. 

 

“See what I mean. You still have time to back out, you know.” I did mean it as a joke, but I felt my heart skip a few beats and I bit my lip. Why would you say that? You obviously like the guy! I blinked at my thought and then frowned. Like? No way. Not yet at least...I think.

 

“Yeah I think I’ll take my chances.” I snorted but then covered my nose, feeling the red creeping up my cheeks. Hana, for the love of all things good and pure, STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF! I cleared my throat and opened my mouth but he beat me to it. “Do you want to back out?” I blinked and I felt my eyebrows furrow. He sounded so serious.

 

“Huh? No of course not. That was a joke earlier. Sorry, but you’re stuck with me.” I shrugged but laughed when I heard him laughing. I heard knocking on the other side and a few creaks here and there. 

 

“Hey, hold on a second.” I stayed silent while listening to the noises coming from his side. There was a sound of a knob turning and I tilted my head, thinking it was coming from the balcony. “What the ?” I raised my eyebrow and focused on the phone call. 

 

“Surprise!!! We are here for the groom!!” I almost fell to the floor laughing at the sound of Ten’s excited voice coming through the other line. “Oh, who is this? Hana? Good morning!!!”

 

“Good morning! You guys are early.” I leaned against the railing while listening to sounds of protest coming from the other side. 

 

“We are! The early bird gets the worm you know. Good morning by the way!” I smiled at the next voice on the line.

 

“Hi Mark. Is it just you two?”

 

“Of course not! We need the most sensible one of the group to be present for this big day.” 

 

“Morning Jaehyun!”

 

“I am more sensible than all of you put together!” I heard Johnny in the background. I smiled knowing that he would loosen up being around those three. “Hana are you there?” He sounded a lot closer, guessing he got the phone in his hand. 

 

“Yeah I am. I will see you later ok? Relax and have fun with them.”

 

“Relax and fun do not belong in the same sentence when it comes to those three.” I laughed at that but nodded knowing it was true. “ See you in a few hours.”

 

“Hmm, see you. Have fun!” He chuckled before hanging up. I pulled the phone away from my ear before heading back inside to the room. I slowly sat down on the bed and felt my breathing get a bit quicker. I felt pain and looked down to see my fingers twisting each other and I quickly got up to level out my breathing by pacing. Why am I so anxious? I looked at my phone and noticed the time was 5:30 and I glanced at the door towards the hallway. Eh, might was well. I opened the door and stepped out into the hallway and walked towards the stairs, creeping down slowly so as to not wake anyone up. Once I got down I walked into the kitchen but almost ran back when I saw Doyoung sitting on one of the stools next to the kitchen counter, a coffee mug right next to him and a laptop in front. I must have made some sound because his head snapped up and he quickly stood.

 

“Hana? What are you doing up so early?” I gave a sheepish smile and scratched the back of my head. 

 

“I couldn’t sleep so I thought I would come down to get some water.” He nodded before standing up and walking towards the cabinet to take a glass out. “Oh no! It’s ok. I can get it.” He filled the glass with water and handed it to me with a small smile. I took it, mumbling a “thank you” and chugged the content straight down. Once I finished, I placed the glass in the sink and I stood there for a few minutes trying to remember why I was being anxious.

 

“Anna is still upstairs in the room. Go up there.” I looked towards Doyoung, who had his mug halfway to his mouth while frowning at the laptop screen right in front of him. 

 

“Oh no, I couldn’t. I don’t want to disturb her” He looked at me and smiled before placing his mug down. 

 

“You won’t disturb her. Go ahead.” I stared at him for a few seconds before nodding and made my way back up the stairs. I walked towards the room that was right next to mine and knocked. I opened the door and peeked in to see a lump under the covers and walked towards it. Not really knowing what to do next, I poked the lump. 

 

“Anna? Are you awake?” Next thing I know the blanket was thrown off and a wild haired Anna looked around the room before settling her gaze on me. 

 

“Hana? What’s wrong?” I felt so bad. She sounded so tired, I shouldn’t have come. I was about to leave when she shifted in bed and made space between her and me. She then proceeded to pat the empty space and opened the blanket. “Come on. You look like you haven't slept at all.” Figuring I couldn’t really escape, I climbed in and pulled the blankets around me before turning to face my sister, who kept forcing her eyes to stay open. 

 

“Go to sleep Anna, I’m fine. I just couldn’t sleep.” She shook her head and wrapped an arm around me and pulled me towards her. 

“Yeah, sorry. We don’t have enough makeup to cover those bags under your eyes. Sleep.”I heaved a sigh and tried to fall asleep, but I kept tossing and turning, which eventually woke up the beauty queen.”What’s wrong?” I tried to figure out how to tell her but couldn’t get it out for some reason. “Hana, believe me when I say, this marriage is a good thing. We all trust the guy and we get the feeling you both will be happy.”

 

“But what if we don’t become happy. I really don’t want this marriage to be a business transaction.” She scoffed before continuing her rant. 

 

“Please, we all see the way you guys talk to each other. I see everything but a business transaction in the marriage. If anything, I see you guys being a great match. Now I’m not saying you guys will be perfect to the point where there’s no fighting. Couples fight, it’s natural. But don’t let that thought discourage you from finding happiness okay?” I nodded my head and thought about what was said. 

 

“Do you and Doyoung fight?” I heard her giggling before letting me go and lying on her back. 

 

“Of course we do! Last night we got into a fight because he keeps getting sidetracked about his work and I had to repeat myself a few times. Me being me, I blew up and he got angry too. But that’s sometimes how we communicate. Thankfully our fights have never escalated to screaming matches like mom and dad.” I let out a shudder remembering all of the times I would have to hide in my room and play music to avoid hearing all of the screaming that was going on. “But I seriously cannot see you both fighting, at all. For some reason it just doesn’t seem possible.” I heaved a sigh and snuggled under the blanket more. “Now sleep. You have about 2 more hours before you have to get ready.” I heaved another sigh and closed my eyes, feeling comfort in the warmth of the blanket.

 

“Wake up sleepy head!” There was a loud sound that sounded like the door hitting the wall and I jumped up looking around the room, my eyes landing on my brother and sister grinning from ear to ear. 

 

“What time is it?” I grumbled, rubbing my eyes and trying to wake up. 

 

“It’s 7! Now get up!” I felt Anna yank my arm and I was pulled from the comfort of the bed and standing in the now freezing room. I started rubbing my arms to get some warmth but was quickly pushed out by Anna towards Taeyong, who ushered me to the room I was staying in. As soon as I opened it, I saw the room become some sort of salon. Not again.

 

“Go freshen up. I will have something for you to eat when you finish.” The door closed behind me and I turned to see him gone before I walked towards the bathroom that was attached to this room. Seeing as my nerves still hadn’t calmed down, I just took a shower and hoped the hot water would make me less stressed. Trying to keep myself occupied from thinking, I started reading the information on the shampoo bottle and body wash. Midway through the shampoo ingredients I heard knocking on the door. 

 

“Who is it?” I heard the door open and a sound of ruffling. 

 

“Hey, here are some clothes to wear when you are done. I have some fruit and hot peach tea ready for you to have. Do you need anything else?” I heard Sora’s voice. 

 

“Oh no, that’s ok. Thank you!!” I heard the door close and I quickly placed the shampoo bottle back and finished the shower. I stepped out and opened the brown bag that was hanging on the door knob and looked inside to see a white robe and a pair of black tights. I quickly brushed my teeth and then pulled the clothes on before stepping out of the bathroom. Anna and Sora were in the room in robes, Anna was curling her hair and Sora was applying lipstick. There was mellow music going on in the background, which helped calm my nerves down and I took a deep breath.

 

“Hana dear, come sit.” I opened my eyes to see Sora pat the chair that was in between them both and I walked towards them before slowly sitting down. “Now I want you to close your eyes and not open them till we ask you to ok?” I nodded my head and closed my eyes. “Just focus on the music. Maybe take another nap if you want to.” I felt a tug come from my head and a drawer opening and took another deep breath. The music was so soothing that I could feel myself dozing off to sleep. Not wanting to fight it anymore, I nodded off and relaxed.

 

“Hana….Hana?” I felt a harsh poke to my right arm and jolted awake. “Woah woah, it’s just me. Here, have some food. It will help, trust me.” I stared at the bowl Anna was giving me and slowly took it, the fruits in the bowl looking colorful and for some reason it made me more calm. “Do you want some tea?” I shook my head and picked up the fork to pierce through a watermelon piece. “Want to tell me why you aren't talking?” I placed the watermelon in my mouth and slowly chewed, trying to get my thoughts together. 

 

“I’m just thinking about...well….”

 

“About all of the things that could go wrong today, right?” I looked at Anna and scrunched my nose. 

 

“Ok you make it sound like I’m being dumb.”

 

“Dumb isn’t the word I would have used…” I glared at Anna before stuffing a pineapple into my mouth. She laughed and looked behind me to the mirror. “Just don’t fall when you walk down the aisle.” I started whining at the thought of possibly falling when walking and then choked when I felt the pineapple go down the wrong pipe. “! Hana are you ok?” A harsh slap was felt on my back and the fruit came right back up.

“I am honestly curious. Do you abuse me like this for all of the times I destroyed your clothes and stole your jewelry?” I wheezed out, smacking my chest. 

 

“Of course not! What gave you that idea?” Hey eyes widened and blinked as if she was showing she was innocent. I don’t trust those eyes at all. I started turning in my chair to place the bowl on the table when I felt the chair stop moving. “You can’t look at yourself just yet. There are a few more things we need to finish.” I nodded and handed her the bowl instead, which she took and placed on the table behind me. 

 

“Are mom and dad here?” Mother hadn’t barged in yet so I was curious if they were here or not. 

 

“No, not yet. Taeyong called them this morning and they said they were on their way. We need to get you dressed before they come through. Come on.” Anna pulled my arms up gently and I stood up. The music had changed to a song that I loved to listen to. 

 

“It’s Una Mattina! By Ludovico Einaudi!” Anna disappeared into the closet and pulled out a dress bag that was twice her size. I blinked at the size and was about to rush over to help Anna but she managed to pull it out of the closet and lay it on the couch that was in the room. 

 

“Oh, this music is pretty. Anyways the photographer should be here in-” she was cut off by a knocking sound and we both looked towards the room door to see a man holding a clipboard and woman holding a camera. 

 

“Hello! My name is Joan and this is my partner John. We will be taking the pictures for the big day! Are you the bride?” The woman looked at me and I smiled and nodded before glancing at Anna for help. 

 

“What shots would you like to get first?” Anna asked before ushering me back to the chair and making me sit down. “I do not want her looking at the mirror yet please.” The guests nodded before Joan stepped forward. 

 

“Maybe we can start off with taking some pictures of the dress.” Anna nodded and grabbed the bag that was laying on the couch and turned towards the duo. “The dress is also a surprise for her so if we could open it outside…” They both nodded and walked out the door, Anna following behind them. She turned towards me before leaving though. “No peeking, understood?” I nodded and she nodded before closing the door. I heaved a sigh and looked out the window to see the sun shining through and hitting my feet, making it really warm. I basked in the feeling when I heard a knock on the door. 

 

“Come in.” I looked up to see Doyoung walk in, followed by Taeyong and he quickly shut the door. Both were wearing dress shirts and black pants. All they were missing were the ties and the blazers. 

 

“Sorry, the dress was right there.” I smiled and ushered them both in. 

 

“What’s up?” I looked back and forth at both of them, trying to see if I could read their faces.

 

“Nothing really, we just had something we wanted to give.” Taeyong glanced at Doyoung, who glanced back at him. Doyoung nodded his head towards me and Taeyong sighed before pulling out a tiny box from his pant pockets. “This is for you…” I glanced at him before taking the box and slowly opened it. I gasped at the sight of a ring shining back, a small pearl with diamonds encircling it. I pulled the ring out gingerly and turned it around.

 

“How…?” I was stunned. This ring belonged to my mother’s mother, my grandmother, which belonged to her mother, and her mother’s mother. It was an heirloom that was treasured in our family and it was the one piece of jewelry I loved wearing growing up. My grandmother would always let me wear it whenever I would go visit her when I was younger. She always told me the ring was a gift from her grandfather to her grandmother as a promise to always be together no matter what.The symbol of this ring had always been their eternal love. “Mother had always kept this safe in her room and wouldn’t let anyone near it. How did you...?”

 

“The day I got married, I asked for that ring from mother, in hopes to give it to you on your wedding day. Even Anna agreed that the ring would be safer in your hands than ours. And knowing grandmother, we know she would want you to be the one to pass it down to.” I felt tears start to gather in my eyes and quickly tried to blink them away. Sora will kill me if I cry away her hard work on my face! 

 

“Thank you! Thank you so much!” I quickly stood up and hugged Taeyong, careful not to touch my face to his shirt. I pulled away and he smiled.

 

“This is your something old. Protect it.” I nodded before placing the ring on the ring finger of my right hand. 

 

“And I have your something new.” I looked at Doyoung, who had a box in his hands. “I had to ask Anna for help but I think you will like it.” He handed me the box, which I took and carefully opened. In the box were a pair of white heels covered in little strings that was beaded and the covering was cloth with floral patterns. The heels itself didn’t look extremely tall. Thank goodness. But it was beautiful, as it was elegant. 

 

“Thank you Doyoung! These are beautiful!” I smiled at him when the door opened and Joan and John stepped in, my sister following behind them. 

 

“Oh, hold on! Can you look at your brother again.” Joan held up her camera and took a picture of us three. She looked at the camera and smiled before looking at us. “Perfect. Now I needed a few pictures of the sisters getting the bride ready. Can you guys pretend to do her hair and make-up again please.” I sat back down and the girls pretended to get me ready, Anna whispering old family stories to make me laugh, which Joan really liked as she snapped away. “ These are wonderful. Now, can I take a few pictures of the ring bearers?” 

 

“Oh yes, follow me.” Sora gestured for them to follow her and they both left the room. 

 

“Mom and dad are here.” Anna mumbled and I looked at her, slightly worried. “Don’t worry, Taeyong and I are here.” I sighed and nodded when I heard giggling and stared at Anna. “You ready for your dress?” I felt my eyes go wide and my leg started shaking. I nodded, however, and Anna giddily walked out the door to get the dress. I saw her grab the dress from off the window on the far wall and hold it up so it wouldn’t touch the floor. She soon reached the room and turned back towards the hallway. “SORA!” 

 

“Coming!” There was tapping and Sora walked in quickly and closed the door and then turned towards me and Anna, who looked like she was struggling to hold my dress up. “Oh, here!” She went to hold the dress and laid it gently on the bed. “Ok, are the dresses in the closet?” She asked Anna, who nodded and they both walked in towards the closet and closed the door. I frowned and was about to ask them what was going on when I heard the door being knocked on. Man I would hate to be that door today. 

 

“Come in.” Joan walked in and smiled gently. 

 

“I was hoping to take a picture of the four wedding gifts.” I frowned and she motioned towards my table. “The four wedding gifts. Something blue, something borrowed, something old, something new. Oh and a picture of your engagement ring too.” I nodded and took both of the rings off my fingers and picked up the shoe box that was on my lap before standing up. Oh wait. 

 

“I’m sorry, can you give me a minute?” I walked towards the closet and knocked.”Anna! The necklace you let me borrow and the ring Sora gave me was in my drawers back home.” There was a shuffling sound and a few curse words before Anna opened the door, her head popping out and looked at Joan. 

 

“The cabinet under the mirror. There is a blue ring and a clear case holding a necklace. Do you mind getting it please?” She then turned towards me. “Go back to the chair and don’t look in the mirror yet.” She stepped back and closed the door and I walked back to the chair, avoiding the mirror at all cost, feeling a bit ridiculous but knowing my sister’s wrath is more worse to handle. I sat down and Joan had pulled out the ring and the case. 

 

“These two?” I nodded before handing over the other three.

 

“This is the engagement ring and the other two are the gifts.” She took everything and left the room; at the same time the closet door opened and out stepped my sisters, who looked beyond beautiful. Anna wore a light blue off the shoulder dress that flared out every time she took a step. Sora had a deep maroon dress that came up in the front to her knees, which showed off her legs and the back of the dress flared around her feet. “Wow..”

 

“We know.” Anna smirked before gesturing towards the dress.” Now, the dress.” Sora grabbed the dress and piled it under my feet so I could step into it. Anna stood behind me and helped pull the dress up, making sure the fabric didn’t snag onto something. As soon as the dress was on, they pulled my arms through the sleeves and Anna tightened the back of the dress. Sora patted every area of the dress, fluffing out parts that needed fluffing and smoothing out parts that needed to stay down. Sora stepped back and eyed me before placing her hand on her chest. 

 

“Oh my, you look so beautiful.” I looked down and noticed how the dress seemed to be my actual size, especially around the waist. I smiled as I pulled up the skirt and the netting fell right back down, glistening when the sunlight hit the sparkles. Anna walked in front and looked at me before turning around. Sora patted her shoulder, a small smile on her face. “It’s ok.” I slowly walked towards them and hugged them both, grateful to have such a wonderful family. Anna heaved a sigh and turned around, tilting my face in various directions before nodding and letting me go. 

 

“Let me go get that photographer.” Anna walked out and Sora helped me back into the chair. 

 

“Can I look in the mirror yet?” Sora shook her head and I pouted, making her laugh. The door opened and Joan came in, Anna holding all of the gifts. 

 

“If you could put these on her, that would help me take pictures.”Anna placed all of the things on the table behind me and they both took turns putting jewelry on me. I placed the engagement ring back on myself and Anna helped put the heels on my feet while Sora clipped the necklace around my neck. Sora finally pulled out the veil and placed it in my hair, securing it with a few bobby pins. After a few more shots, the girls left and Joan started making me pose in various poses and taking pictures. After about fifteen minutes, Anna popped her head in. 

 

“Hey. We're leaving in about ten minutes. The limo is here. You can look in the mirror now.”She nodded at Joan and closed the door. I glanced at Joan before taking a deep breath and turning.  I looked at the mirror slowly and eyed the reflection staring back at me. My hair in waves with crystal pins holding half of my hair back and glitter everywhere, my make-up, lighter colors were used. I don’t think I had ever seen my lips in bright red, but it looked nice on me. The necklace matched with the dress, not taking up so much of the dress’s design, and the dress itself cascaded down my body. It actually looked like it was made for me, compared to how it looked back in the fitting room. And look,no belt. I let out a small smile, which seemed to be getting bigger, and I eyed my reflection in the mirror one more time before turning towards Joan, who had the camera up to her face. She slowly pulled the camera down and looked at the picture she had taken before smiling at me. 

 

“You are a beautiful bride.” 

 

“Thank you.” I smiled at her and the door opened again, this time by Taeyong and Doyoung. Taeyong’s eyes started watering and he smiled while Doyoung had a small smile on his face. Both were wearing ties, the same color as their wives’ dresses, and their black blazers fit their form well. 

 

“Ready?” Taeyong asked, and I nodded. I lifted the front of the dress carefully and walked towards them and we reached the staircase. Joan had already left to take pictures from the bottom and Taeyong and Doyoung stood in front, both walking first to cover me. I gripped the staircase railing and stepped down, glancing at my siblings, who had big smiles on their faces and the kids who were erratically clapping. Then I looked towards my parents, who weren’t frowning, but they weren't smiling either. I got to the bottom and we all took pictures before Taeyong and Doyoung stepped out to see if the limo had come. 

 

“So he gave you the ring.” I looked behind me to see my mother step up next to me with a frown. “Honestly, Anna would have been a better caretaker of that ring than handing it to you.” She shook her head before looking at me. “I won’t repeat this again, do not embarrass us today.” She walked away and smiled as the kids turned towards her. 

 

“This marriage will bring the company many benefits, so please think about the future of this company before you do anything stupid.” I heard my father grumble from my left before following after my mother. I bit the inside of my cheek and took a deep breath. Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts. I felt someone grab my hand and looked down to see Jeno, who had a crooked tie. 

 

“Hold on Jeno. Your tie..” I leaned down to fix his tie and there was a flash. 

 

“Aunty, that weird lady keeps taking pictures of us.” I laughed and stood up straight before holding his hand. 

 

“She has to for today. I’ll show you why later, ok?” Jeno nodded and Jaemin walked up holding a bouquet of baby breath, blue lilies, and blue roses. 

“Beautiful flowers for the beautiful lady.” I blinked before I started laughing. I took the bouquet and kissed him on the cheek. 

 

“Thank you Jaemin.” He’s a flirt like his father, oh boy. 

 

“Limo’s here!” Taeyong popped his head in and we all stepped out to get in. It was a struggle because the dress was poofy and the veil was long, but we finally got seated and we were on the way. Not even five minutes in and we had already reached the destination. I was the last to come out, so when I did I was amazed by the building in front of us. It was a huge cathedral with stained glass everywhere. We were all ushered inside and a girl popped up next to us with a clipboard. 

 

“Hello! I am Kim Eunji and I will be telling you all where to stand, okay. If the bride and her father could come with me to the room over here and I will get you when it is your time to enter.” I nodded and my father led me to the room that was near to the front door and we stayed in there, waiting. I opened the door a little and watched Eunji direct everyone on where to stand and what to do. 

 

“You look beautiful.” I snapped my head towards my father in shock. 

 

“I.. what?” I was beyond confused. This man never complimented me and never acknowledged my presence. Half the time that was what I liked. 

 

“You look very beautiful. Your mother did a good job with the dress.” Oh right the dress. He was talking about the dress. I looked out the door when I heard the music and watched the procession start. 

 

“Now like I said before. This is a very important business deal so please-”

 

“Please don’t mess it up or be stupid. I got it dad. I understand. You would think it being my wedding day and all, you would be a bit more nicer and act like a father instead of selling me off like some sort of property.” I heaved a sigh and turned towards my father whose eyes were wide with his mouth open. 

 

“Why I never-” I cut him off again, feeling my eyes water. 


“Look, I am about to go in there in a room full of people and think about not falling. That is not going to help if I am close to tears because it is plainly clear my father does not care about me and only cares about his company. So let me just focus and keep my head straight, okay?” My father frowned and I could tell he was gritting his teeth but he kept his mouth closed. I turned back towards the door, blinking rapidly to avoid the tears from falling. Soon I saw Eunji walk towards us and I opened the door a little more so she could see us. She waved us over and I stood up and opened the door and walked towards the double doors that were closed. I stood there and adjusted my dress before taking a deep breath. My father came to my right side and held out his arm. I grabbed it and nodded at Eunji, who nodded back. Then, as if the whole thing was in slow motion, the doors opened and white rose petals flew in front of us. I got this...I think.