Chapter 20

From Strangers, To Not So Much

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in before tightening my grip on my father’s arm. I opened my eyes and breathed out and stepped forward. I glanced around the church and didn’t recognize the people that were sitting near the back. I felt my knees starting to shake so tightened my grip on my father even more when I noticed a familiar face. Sicheng! I felt my eyes go wide and a smile started to grow. I looked behind him and the next five pews were covered with a lot more familiar faces all beaming. Oh my gosh! The cousins! They all came! I was so glad to see them as I haven't seen them for months. Feeling a bit more confident, I lifted my chin and turned my face straight, and almost dropped my jaw. Johnny was standing at the front in a black suit, his brown hair was parted in the middle and away from his face making it easier to see his eyes. 

He was facing me with his hands clasped together in the front. I didn’t realize we had gotten to the front until my dad took my hand away from his arm. Success! I didn’t fall! I turned to look at him, but he was looking at Johnny, grinning. 

 

“Take good care of my daughter John.” He placed my hand in Johnny’s outstretched one and backed away towards the front pew where my family was sitting. I gripped his hand with my right hand, the bouquet on the left, and stepped up next to him when I felt the tip of my foot hit the step and I felt myself falling head first. Oh no. An arm came quickly under my left arm and gripped it stopping me mid fall. I quickly righted myself up and turned towards Johnny, who was frowning. I could feel my face completely heat up and I looked down feeling humiliated. 

 

“Are you ok?” I glanced up at Johnny again, who was pursing his lip. He’s trying not to laugh. I nodded but I had to laugh. I let out a small giggle, which made him chuckle. His hand on my arm slid down to hold my hand and I stood up straighter and smiled at him, which he returned beaming. It’s that smile.

 

“Dear family and friends. We are all gathered here today for the joyous occasion of two families becoming one.” I glanced at my siblings, all of them smiling at me when they saw me look at them. I looked back towards Johnny, who was still facing me, and I looked down and fidgeted in my spot for a second. There was a light sting in my right ankle that felt slightly uncomfortable. I felt Johnny squeeze my hand and I looked up to see him frown. His mouth opened and he seemed to mouth something. I blinked and watched him move his lips again. You ok? I nodded quickly and smiled before I squeezed his hand back. “Now for the rings.” Already? I looked towards the audience and saw the boys shuffle towards us quickly while holding pillows, Jaemin in front of me and Jeno in front of Johnny. I leaned down to pinch Jaemin on the cheek and took the ring that was on the pillow, making sure to hold it tight so I wouldn't drop it. I stood back up and faced Johnny, him doing the same, and we turned our heads toward the priests. 

 

“Daddy I did it!” Jaemin yelled while running back to his parents, Jeno following right behind him. I turned to see Taeyong holding his finger to his lips, flustered and we all laughed.

 

“Before we finish this ceremony there is one last thing that must be asked. Is there anyone that objects to this union? If anyone objects, speak now or forever hold your peace.” I turned to look at the audience to see if anyone was against this. I did notice a few people frown in the back but no one had raised their hand or yell anything. “Ok, go ahead and place the rings on each other's finger.” I placed the ring I had in my palm and transferred the bouquet to my right hand before presenting my left to Johnny. It was a quiet process and I felt all of the stares coming from everyone. The ring he placed on me was a small silver band with a cross stitch design and small crystals in between each cross. I admired the band for one more second before taking the bouquet from my right hand and transferring it back to my left. I took the band I was holding and slowly slid it onto Johnny’s ring finger, glad that it matched with his engagement ring too. “By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife.” There were cheers everywhere and loud clapping filled the church. Johnny smiled at me and I beamed back, but it quickly left my face when I heard the next words. “You may now kiss the bride.”KISS?!?!?! I felt the crowd get louder and I could feel my nervousness start to come back. Johnny suddenly leaned in and my eyes went wide. Don’t lean back don’t lean back don’t lean ba-

 

“Hold on, just stay still.” I heard Johnny whisper and I shut my eyes tight. I soon felt a pair of lips on my right cheek and it was gone as soon as I felt it. My eyes popped open and Johnny winked before turning to face the audience, me following his lead. Everyone stood up and clapped for us and I saw Johnny hold out his arm towards me. I placed my arm around his and we walked back down the aisle slowly towards the doors. I saw the doors closing behind us and in front of us stood the wedding planner, who ushered us down towards a hallway. 

 

“All right, if we can have you guys wait here for the people in the church to leave, then we can have the pictures taken. I will be right back to come get you.” She scurried off and I watched her turn the corner before taking a deep breath. I heard a sigh come from Johnny and I turned to look at him. 

 

“I don’t know about you, but I am not looking forward to the picture taking.” I laughed but he kept grumbling.

 

“I mean, they're not candid but it could be fun.”He raised his eyebrows and frowned. 

 

“How is taking pictures fun?” I let out a grin and shook my bouquet at him. 

 

“For one, your friends are here. I know for a fact they will make the process more fun.” His eyes went wide and shook his head. 

 

“They will try everything in their power to make the pictures come out weird and...oh” I nodded and laughed causing him to laugh. “Well I guess it is a good thing they came today.” I scoffed and placed my other hand on my hip.

 

“Of course it’s a good thing. They’re your brothers.” He smiled softly and nodded. I smiled too but dropped the smile when I heard heels clacking on the tile floor. I turned towards the hallway to see Eunji walk towards us, a clipboard in her hand. She looked up at us and smiled before motioning us towards her. 

 

“It’s time to take the pictures. Please come with me.” Feeling a little unsteady on my feet, I grabbed Johnny’s arm and he had his other arm out for me to hold. Once I got over the unsteadiness, I let go of one of his hands and we walked towards the wedding planner. “Goodness, seeing you both interact makes me think you both had known each other for years and not one month.”She laughed and walked in front of us and I felt myself blushing madly. I kept my head down to try not to let Johnny see my face and we quickly reached the double doors to the church. As soon as we walked in, there was applause again and I smiled wide at the sight of my family there. Soon, there was a camera crew and they were directing us to stand in front of the church and take pictures. After taking a few pictures of just us both, they had my family stand with us. Then they had his family. Gradually the whole process started to hurt my cheeks from all of the smiling and I had to rub my jaws. Then came my cousins. All of them. I looked at Johnny, who smiled at them in confusion. 

 

“Johnny, these are my cousins. Guys this is Johnny.” I gestured between the group of people who were all smiling. 

 

“Welcome to the family. I am Sicheng, this is my wife Jiayi and our son Renjun.” Sicheng gestured to the child that was hiding behind his leg. His wife smiled and I went to go hug her before turning towards the child. 

 

“Renjunie hi! How are you?” I bent down a little and caught the child's attention, which caused him to come out of hiding and closer to me. 

 

“RENJUN!!” I looked towards the noise and saw Jeno and Jaemin running toward Renjun, who smiled really big and ran towards the boys. 

“Thank you. It’s nice to meet you too.” I straightened up and saw Johnny shaking hands with Sicheng. I heard more yelling and looked towards the sounds to see more children gather around the three five-year olds. 

 

“I am Kun.” Another man came and stood next to Sicheng and smiled at Johnny, who returned the smile.

 

“Ahh a new family member! What’s up? The name’s Lucas.” Lucas raised his hand and shook his hand with Johnny’s. He then turned towards me and smirked. “Looks like our youngest is no longer going to be able to live the single life hmm?” I pursed my lips and raised my bouquet at him. 

 

“Careful Xuxi, you know you’re next.” Lucas’s eyes went wide and turned towards Sicheng. 

 

“Sicheng she’s threatening me!” I snorted and shook my head while Sicheng facepalmed. 

 

“I’m telling mom you were being mean to Hana.” I looked behind Lucas to see another familiar face walking towards us, smirking. 

 

“Why do you always back her up? I’m your brother.” Lucas was offended judging by his face and I laughed as Xiaojun came to stand next to me, still smirking. 

 

“Easy. She doesn’t bully me every time she sees me.” I nodded and stuck my tongue out at Lucas who turned towards Kun this time and pointed at me. “Hello, I am Xiaojun.” I looked up and noticed Johnny smiling at the new face. 

 

“Hello there!” I smiled as another cousin showed up, a child in tow. “My name is Areum and this is Haechan.” The child said a small hi and smiled really big. 

 

“And I am her husband Taeil.” Another voice said and a man with a small smile came forward. I bent down and held my arms out for the kid, and he ran straight into my arms with a laugh.

 

“Look at you! You’re such a big boy!”Haechan pulled away and puffed out his chest. 

 

“Of course I am a big boy! I am five years old!” I laughed and nodded and he soon ran away when he heard the other kids' laughter. 

 

“Where’s Jisung?” I asked them and they looked behind them to another woman who seemed to be entertaining two kids. Kun walked up to her and talked to her causing her to smile and walk towards us, the kids in tow. 

 

“This is my wife Chu-hua and the children, Chenle and Jisung.”Jisung waved but looked down but Chenle was grinning from ear to ear and waving erratically. Johnny chuckled and waved back, causing the kid to giggle and jump. Kun turned around and waved over a few more boys. I saw Johnny lean towards me and I turned my head towards him.

 

“You have a lot of boys in the family.” I pouted and looked at him.

 

“It’s honestly unfair how many boys there are.”He chuckled before facing the new faces.

 

“Johnny I want you to meet our younger cousins, Sungchan, Shotaro, Jungwoo, YangYang, Yuta, and Hendery.” Taeyong walked over and introduced the younger males of the family. Johnny blinked and tilted his head. 

 

“Yuta?” Yuta smiled and rubbed the back of his neck. 

 

“Hey Johnny, congratulations.” Johnny then looked at me with raised eyebrows and I laughed. 

 

“Yes, Yuta is my cousin. Why do you think I went to that party?” 

 

“Because you love me.” Yuta said and I shook my head at him.

 

“That’s debatable.” Yuta pouted and I gave him an innocent smile. 

 

“This family isn’t completely male dominated though. Meet Jin Ae, Miyoung, Li Hua, Mei Xing, and Ruolan.”Anna said with five females following her. Sora was coming up behind them and behind her came all of the kids. I shook my head at the adorable sight. They’re like little ducklings. 

 

“And this is our family.” Taeyong gestured to the crowd of people in front of us. 

 

“It’s nice to meet you all.” Johnny said to them all and everyone smiled. 

 

“All right everyone! Can we all have you stand around the couple so I can take a few pictures!” Hearing the photographers words, everyone quickly walked to stand around us, the kids all standing in front of us. After a few more pictures, they all said they would meet us at the reception hall and left. Johnny and I also walked away when the photographer gestured for us to follow him. We walked back out the church doors to the back side where there was a courtyard filled with roses. All who were left were our parents, my siblings, and Johnny’s friends. Mark, Jaehyun, and Ten all walked up to us, all three staring at me with wide eyes. 

 

“What?” I smiled at them but they still looked terrified. 

“Is that all of your family?” Mark asked in awe. I laughed and nodded.

 

“I thought you were kidding when you said you had a big family.” I smiled really big at Ten and shook my head. 

 

“No, but they are amazing people and really fun to hang out with.” All three nodded, still in disbelief. 

 

“You three! Please stand with the couple so we can take the pictures!” We all turned towards the photographer before Ten stood next to me and the other two went to go stand next to Johnny. “All right. At the count of three. One, two,” 

 

“THREE! WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!” There was a loud popping sound and I jumped away from Ten, who was holding a popper in his hand. Johnny hit my other side and I looked over to see both Jaehyun and Mark holding poppers and cackling. I grabbed a hold of Johnny’s arm to keep myself steady but I started laughing too, causing my grip to loosen. All five of us were cracking up, and I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes. 

 

“Oh my God you should have seen your face!” Mark hollered and Jaehyun started imitating what I guess was the face Johnny made when he got scared.  Johnny was chuckling now and I kept dabbing my eyes to get rid of any tears that started flowing. After about a minute, we were able to stop laughing long enough to take a decent photo. Then the three left and Johnny’s parents were left behind. 

 

“Is it just your parents?” I looked around but didn’t see anyone else.

 

“No, it’s just us. We are a small family. I do have cousins but I’m not really close with any of them.” I nodded before I noticed his parents walking closer to us. 

 

“Oh, look at you dear. You’re finally a part of our family!” Johnny’s mom pulled me into a fierce hug, which seemed to be getting tighter by the second. I awkwardly patted her arm before she pulled me back with a force. “Ah! Such a beautiful daughter-in-law! We got lucky didn’t we Johnny?” Mrs. Seo looked at him with a raised eyebrow. I blinked at the woman in front of me before I felt my eyebrows furrow. She seemed too...fake...I smiled when she turned her face back to me and she cupped my face. She lightly slapped my cheeks before she pinched them, causing my eyes to go wide. 

 

“Mother, hold on a minute.” I heard Johnny say but I felt myself flinch when I saw her face turn towards him so quickly I was scared she might have gotten a whiplash. From the corner of my eye I saw Johnny flinch too and freeze. 

 

“Are you ordering me?” I felt my back straighten up and the hair in the back of my neck stand up. I don’t know what possessed me at the moment, but I quickly reached for her hands and held them tightly in front of me. She slowly turned her head towards me and I gave her the biggest smile I could muster, big enough to where I was sure my eyes disappeared.  

 

“Mother, the heels I’m wearing are making me a little unstable. Especially on the asphalt I’m a little wobbly. Johnny was just making sure that I didn’t fall that’s all.” I continued smiling but she didn’t seem to have any facial changes. I could feel the smile slowly start to fall from my face when Johnny’s mother giggled. 

 

“Aww look at you both! Johnny you better take care of her.” Her voice changed from happy to icy in a second and that honestly scared me. I saw Johnny nod slowly and I turned towards the woman in front of me. Something really isn’t right with this situation. I saw Johnny’s father advance toward us and felt Johnny grip my left arm. He slowly pulled me away from his mother and moved slightly in front of me. Ok yeah. This situation isn’t right. I felt myself frowning but replaced it quickly with a smile when Mr. Seo stopped in front of us. 

 

“Well my wife and I will be heading over to the reception area to make sure everything is ready for the guests. We will see you both there.” I nodded and they both left. The grip on my arm got a bit looser and I looked up to see Johnny frowning at the sight of his parents leaving. I reached my free hand over to squeeze his arm and his gaze turned to me. I opened my mouth to ask if he was ok when there was a sudden blinding light and a flickering sound. I looked to the sound to see it was the camera guy holding the camera smiling. 

 

“That was perfect! Can we have something a bit more intimate please? AND SMILE!” I blinked at the guy before turning towards Johnny, who looked as lost as I did.

 

“What should we do?” He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. However, I don’t know what possessed me at the moment, but I started giggling. I raised my bouquet to cover my face but I kept laughing. What the hell is wrong with me? I looked up to see Johnny wearing an amused face and I started to laugh even more. “You want to fill me in on the joke?” I shook my head and tried to calm down.

 

“I don’t know why I’m laughing. “I choked out and Johnny scoffed. There was a sudden gust of wind and my veil ended up flying over my head. I tried to hold it away but the flowers kept snagging in my hair. Frustrated I let my arm fall only to see Johnny reach over and pull the veil back and away from my face. I looked up at him and he was looking down at me. The wind stopped its attack but neither of us moved. I felt stuck and couldn’t seem to pull back but just stand there. Is it just me or does his face seem to be getting closer. I felt my eyes slowly start to flutter close and my grip tightened on the flowers. Is he...are we…

“FABULOUS!!” My eyes popped open and I pulled away before turning around. What the hell was that?!?!?! I felt the heat rising to my cheeks and I lightly slapped it. Where we about to…? I shook my head and turned back around to see Johnny looking down with his hand covering his mouth. “No need to feel shy! You guys are married now! Revel in this moment!” I looked at the photographer, who was staring at us with a fist in the air, and wanted to do nothing more but tape his mouth shut. It doesn’t feel like we got married though… “Come to the trees now!” The photographer ushered us to the trees and had us stand together normally. He went snap happy while ordering us to move into certain positions. 

 

“When will this torture end” I whined quietly but I’m guessing Johnny heard because he started chuckling. 

 

“Alright! This is our last picture! I want the bride to sit on that branch over there.” I looked at the branch the guy was pointing to and walked over there slowly. Once I reached the branch I had realized it went up to my chest and I would have to jump onto it to sit down. I then looked down to the skirt of my dress before heaving a sigh. I will tear the dress if I’m not careful. I patted the branch and made sure I had a bearing before bending my knees. 

 

“Hold on.” I heard to my left and I felt one arm go under my legs and the other behind my back. Startled, I wrapped my left arm around Johnny’s neck and looked down to see myself being lifted.

 

“Wait, I might hurt your back.” I looked at him in worry but he frowned before placing me down onto the branch.

 

“You’re light, what are you talking about?” I blushed and looked down.

 

“Thank you.” I whispered. I looked up and he beamed before he turned to look at the photographer. 

 

“I want our groom to stand behind our bride and back hug her.”And the blushing increases. I pulled the edges of the skirt around me so it would fan out on the branches but sat up straight when I felt two arms wrap around my shoulders. “Guys come on! Make it look natural!” I turned to look at Johnny, who looked at me, and placed my hands on his arms. 

 

“Come closer” I whispered before turning to face the camera. When I noticed his face was closer to mine, I leaned my head against his. I could feel the tension but tried to calm down. The sooner the picture is taken, the sooner we can get out of this position. I saw a blinding light and blinked rapidly to get my vision back. I tilted my head away and watched as the photographer looked at his camera before he looked at us and gave us a thumbs up.

 

“Good job you guys! That was great! Lets go ahead and head into the reception hall and we can continue with the pictures there.” He walked away and I looked down to see if I could jump from the branch. I started to lean forward when I saw Johnny come stand next to me.

 

“Let me help you again.” I watched as he wrapped his arms under my back and legs again while I wrapped my arms around his neck. He took me off the branch and placed me softly on the ground. I quickly let go of his neck and turned to look at him while smiling. 

 

“Thank you.” I knew I was blushing and I looked down to fix the dress. Once I was done, Johnny held his hand out to me and I clasped it before we both walked towards the reception hall. The reception hall that was behind the church was famous for its tall structure. 

 

“I didn’t expect such a big church to have such a huge reception hall next to it.” Johnny said and I looked towards the building we were walking towards.

 

“Doyoung said that the reception hall and the church were not built together and the reception hall was built a few years after because of the trees here. The church being there was like a win win situation.” Johnny looked around with a small smile before looking at me. 

 

“The trees do look beautiful. I think this makes our snap happy photographer way too excited too.” I laughed and shook my head before seeing how close the hall was. 

 

“Does it feel like we got married? I know it will be weird for the both of us having to share a place together now.” I looked up and saw Johnny looking at me with a frown. 

 

“If I am being honest, I am ok having to share a place with you. I know we have only personally known each other for a month, but from what I have seen, you seem like you will be a great roommate.” Johnny smirked and I couldn’t help but scoff at the man.

 

“Oh really.” I raised my eyebrow at him and he laughed, which caused me to laugh. We soon reached the doors to the hall and I saw the wedding planner running towards. How does she run so fast in those heels? I was quickly brought out of my thoughts when she stopped in front of us. 

 

“Ahh good you both are here. In about a minute the DJ in that room will call for you guys and I want you both to walk in when the doors open ok?Oh and let me get your veil and flowers.” I bent down slightly so she could pull the veil off without messing up the head and took the bouquet from my hand. She then pointed towards a set of doors before running away again in that same direction and walked in before she shut the door. Johnny and I shared a look before walking towards the doors and waiting for the entrance. 

“Man today just seems way too rushed. It will be nice to have a moment to just sit down.”I complained while fidgeting around. The heels felt as if they were pinching my toes and the temptation to take them off was so strong. 

 

“Soon we will, I think. I took a glance at the events for today when I had come in early this morning before the wedding and there didn’t seem to be much planned.” I sighed in relief before standing up straight when I heard a bunch of noise coming from the other side of the doors. The door opened slightly and I saw the planner’s head peep out and give us a nod before the double doors burst open. 

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Seo!” There was a loud announcement and blinding lights everywhere. I quickly grabbed the crook of Johnny’s right elbow and beamed at the people who were standing and clapping while looking at us. We walked in and I looked around at everyone that was present in the huge room. “Let’s all welcome our bride and groom everyone!” The applause grew louder and we were led to the dance floor that was in the front of everyone by Eunji. On the dance floor was a table with a vase filled with white flowers and beads and confetti. Eunji motioned for us to sit and we sat down before everyone else followed suit. I let out a sigh of relief which Johnny must have noticed because I noticed him laughing. I raised my eyebrow at him and he leaned in.

 

“Are the heels that painful?”I glared at Johnny before replying. 

 

“Let’s make a bet that you can’t wear heels for more than three hours.” I snickered when he looked at me with the extremely horrified expression.

 

“It’s fine, I’ll take your word for it.” I giggled before clearing my throat. Once the hall got a bit more quiet the DJ had grabbed his mic. 

 

“All right everyone. Let’s start off with some fun for the bride and groom.” I raised my eyebrow and noticed Johnny lean forward in his seat. “We have a little dance that has been prepared by the kids from the bride's side of the family. If we can all welcome these munchkins on to the stage please.” I leaned forward excitedly when I noticed Jeno, Jaemin, Renjun, and Haechan waddle up to the stage. The four looked at each other and their parents continuously while looking around confused at the amount of people in front of them. As soon as the music started however, they started jumping up and down for a few beats before they started dancing. 

 

“Oh my gosh they’re so cute!!” I squealed while covering my mouth with my hands. They did their best in trying to stay with the beat and a few times one of them  would stop dancing and look at the others before resuming the dance. The dance was over too soon in my opinion and I wanted to watch it forever. They all posed in a way where they were doing a huge heart sign with their hands and I couldn’t help but stand up and clap. I walked around the table to them and bent down so I could hug all of them. 

“Good job you guys!” I saw Johnny bent down next to me and gave the kids high-fives which they did enthusiastically. We soon stood up and the kids returned to their parents while we returned back to the table. Once we sat down, the DJ started talking again.

 

“Let’s have one more round of applause for those talented munchkins!!” Everyone started clapping and the kids started standing up and jumping around while laughing. Once the crowd settled down again, the DJ started speaking. “Now if we can have the friends of the groom step up to the floor and say a few words.” Everyone started clapping and I looked at Johnny, who had his head in his hands and I started laughing while clapping with the others. Ten, Jaehyun, and Mark went up to the floor, all three holding a piece of paper and I heard Johnny groaning. 

 

“Hello everyone! My name is Ten. This is Jaehyun and Mark and today we will be unveiling some stories about our good friend Johnny.”

 

“Oh this is going to be a disaster” I heard Johnny groan and I struggled to not laugh out loud. 

 

“Oh hush this is going to be good.” I patted his arm before leaning forward and watching the trio. Ten seemed very happy to have the mic as he immediately started his story. 

 

“Johnny is extremely charismatic and gives off a cool vibe. I remember when I first met him, my thought was man, does this guy ever show any emotion.” I laughed and Johnny scoffed before smiling a little bit. “Now let me say, Johnny and I go way back. In middle school we had an art class together and our teacher wanted us to paint the most abstract painting we could think of using our fingers.” Ten suddenly started laughing and I looked at Johnny who was smirking while shaking his head. “It was the end of class and I was walking away to put a red tin of paint in the storage room when I tripped on a paintbrush that was on the floor. The paint in my hands flew and hit Johnny’s canvas and at that moment Johnny had walked into the classroom to see what had happened.”

 

“I still can’t believe I did this.” I heard Johnny mutter and I looked at him before turning back towards Ten.

 

“Johnny calmly walked over to where I was on the floor and gave me a hand before pulling me up. Then he walked back to his canvas and dipped his hand into a bucket of black paint and calmly walked over to my canvas and smeared his hand prints all over my canvas.” There was full blown laughter and I looked at Johnny in shock, who rubbed the back of his head while smiling. “It was like a paint war started. I ran over to his canvas and dipped my hands into his paint before completely destroying his work. When I looked over, he had done the same. I don’t know what possessed us at the moment but we started to fling paint at each other. Our teacher walked back to see the mess and we were in so much trouble until Johnny got us out of it saying that we were helping each other make abstract art. I was surprised but didn’t say anything, not expecting the teacher to believe it...but she did. She looked at both of our paintings and was so proud of it that she hung it up outside our classrooms. We were sent to the nurses office to clean up but that was the day we became friends.” I had tears in my eyes by the end of the story and Ten had turned to look at me with a big smile. “Hana, believe me when I say this. Don’t get fooled by Johnny’s stoic face because he could be planning to prank you.” Everyone laughed more and I looked at Johnny scared, who raised his eyebrow at me.

 

“You won’t really prank me, will you?” He shrugged but that gave me my answer. I need to watch my back. Jaehyun then took the mic before addressing the crowd. 

 

“All right everyone, the story I have for you is, in my point of view, very interesting. You see, Johnny is very aloof and we have a very hard time understanding what is going on through his head half the time. However, when he is bored, he comes up with the weirdest ways to entertain himself. We were all at my place a few months ago and we were all just sitting in my living room bored out of our minds when Johnny had the most weirdest but the most brilliant ideas of all time. He came up with a game where each of us gave each other a job to do and we had only seven seconds to do it. And let me tell you, he is brutal and extremely competitive when it comes to games. He was the first to go and he looked right at me before telling me to run upstairs to my room, flick the light three times and run back downstairs all within seven seconds. I didn’t even have a chance to question anything as he yelled go and I just ran like my life depended on it. I remember tripping on the steps on my way up and then running to my room at full speed. As soon as I had finished flickering the lights, I ran as fast I could and slipped down the first few stairs before I could stand up and run the rest of the way down. Let me tell you, falling on hardwood stairs is not a pleasant feeling and I sure felt the pain after I dived towards the couch by the time the timer hit seven. That day was chaos. We were running, screaming, jumping. I think we destroyed a few things.” There was laughter at that sentence and I just tried to imagine all of the chaos going on then.

 

“So I can’t let you get bored either?” Johnny nodded his head before smiling. 

 

“Who knows?” He looked at me and I was sure I saw a glimmer of mischief pass by.  

 

“We weren’t bored anymore but we were drained by the end. The more rounds we played, the more ridiculous the quests became but at the end it was worth it. Now Hana,” Jaehyun turned around to look at us with a big smile, a smile that worried me. “If you ever let Johnny get bored, please just be ready to make a run for it so you won’t have to fall victim to his games. My story may sound fun right now, but like I said before, those wood stairs hurt.” I gave him a small smile but also looked at him with worry before looking at Johnny.

 

“We need to buy first aid kits….a lot of them.” Johnny nodded, his face suddenly serious. Mark suddenly took the mic and cleared his throat while looking at his paper. 

 

“As many of you know, Johnny is a very quiet man who keeps a straight face. He has been nicknamed the cold prince among our society and not once has he done anything that refutes that name.”Mark suddenly turned around and looked at us before speaking again. “But as the youngest of this group, I can tell you that the cold prince is just a persona we three never see.  You see, I never had an elder brother growing up and there have been times when I felt as if asking for help was not an option. One day we were all at Johnny’s place finishing work for our university. Since I was majoring in music, I had a different load of assignments and study materials compared to the others. Around that time I was also being burned out from all of my assignments and exams and just felt that I had no one who understood me. It was, I think, around three in the morning and Johnny had seen me sitting in the living room trying to finish up some essays. I at the time still thought it was around ten and the others fell asleep because they were old.” There were a few chuckles And Jaehyun patted Mark’s shoulder. 

 

“We’re not that old. If anything, you’re the one that acts immature.” There was more laughter but everyone settled down quickly while watching Mark. 

 

“He came up to me and looked at what I was doing before trying to grab the laptop away. I wouldn’t let it go and I think I tried to kick him. Did I kick you?” Mark looked at Johnny, who nodded. “Haha oops. Anyways, he stopped trying to pull the laptop away and then went back to his room. He returned with a blanket and a whole bunch of textbooks. I remember being really confused but he just sat down next to me and started doing his own work. He said that he was going to stay up with me until I finished my work. I think I stared at him for a good minute before I tried to finish my work. To this day I still remember how he just sat by my side and gave support while I was going through that rough night.” Mark then looked at me with a small smile. “Hana, believe me when I say this. Johnny is a really loyal guy who will support you through thick and thin. He will always have your back no matter what.” I smiled and nodded and everyone started clapping. The three went to go sit down and I noticed the DJ lift his mic. 


“Ok everyone. Now let’s all hear from the bride's side. Everyone please welcome the bride’s brother and sister!” I stood up straight when I noticed Taeyong looked at me with a smirk. Oh no…