Chapter 4

From Strangers, To Not So Much

 

“All right, how are we going to get there?” Doyoung asked while looking at the others. Everyone had gathered outside and was about to leave when they realized there were three cars who were going in the same direction.

“Well since I live there, I will take my car but….” I looked at the four and waited for the plan. 

“Actually, I don’t have a dress ready for the ball. And Sora, didn’t you tell me that you were needing something for you and the kids? Why don’t we all come and stay over at the house. Then we can all go shopping together tomorrow.” Anna suggested while looking at Doyoung to see if he was ok with the plan. “Also make sure mom doesn’t say anything to you that’s upsetting.” Anna had muttered to herself but I had heard it. I ignored her and turned to look at Doyoung who was on his phone.

“That’s fine with me. Taeyong, you’re off tomorrow right? I can ask my brother to drop the kids off your house and we can all go together.” Sora glanced at Taeyong, who nodded his head at the suggestion. 

“My secretary will cover for me tomorrow so I am free.” Doyoung said and turned his phone off. 

“Well in that case, Hana can I see your keys?” Taeyong held his hand out and I gave him my keys not realizing he was smirking and nodded at the girls. Soon, both of the girls opened the back doors to my car and pushed me in before they also jumped in.

“WAIT! WHAT’S GOING ON?!” I yelled out to particularly no one while both of my sisters locked the door.

 “HIT IT TAEYONG!” Anna yelled and the car screeched forward causing me to fall back against the seat, which is when I realized the plan my siblings made a little too late . I even looked at Doyoung in shock because he was the calm one in our family. He must have felt my stare because he turned around and smirked.

“Your sister rubbed off on me.” This guy even had the nerve to give a nonchalant shrug before turning back around in his seat.  I scoffed before turning to Anna, who looked away trying to avoid my gaze. The car took a sharp right turn, which made me almost topple over Sora. 

“Will you be careful with my car Taeyong?! I almost squashed your wife!” I yelled to the front before trying to push myself away from Sora. There was loud laughter from everyone and I just shook my head with a small smile. 

Thank God we made it home in one piece. I hope I can say the same about my car. We all quickly got out of the car and held my hand out to Taeyong in irritation. He laughed and gave me the keys before ruffling my hair. I ran away before he completely messed it up and went to unlock the door. As soon as I opened the door, there was my mother's voice booming through the corridors, which caused me to flinch. 

“LEE HANA, YOU BETTER NOT HAVE LEFT TO GO EAT SOMETHING! I TOLD YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT!” I looked behind me to see my siblings all glaring down the hallways where our mother’s voice came from. “I swear if I see you swollen when I come out, I will make you run around the house for five hours!” I soon heard the clicking of her heels and I straightened my back in fear. Sora soon blanched and facepalmed, causing us all to turn towards her.

“I forgot to feed you!” she whispered out in distress and I busted out laughing at my sister in law. Of course she would think about hospitality at that comment my mom made. Taeyong chuckled at her before turning around and walking in first to cover me from our mothers eyes. Anna casually walked in front of me too so they would be the first people my mother saw. And man was she happy when she saw them.

“Taeyong! Anna! What are you two doing here? Come in, come in.” She ushered them both in and turned around to see the others behind me. “Sora! Doyoung! Come in! Hana don’t you know it’s rude to have guests stay outside the house. Honestly I thought I taught you better.” She turned her back on me and ushered the four into my home. 

Ahh the poor guys just sacrificed themselves so my moms focus wouldn’t be on me. I felt bad for them, I really did, but I’m savoring this freedom I have at the moment and followed behind my mom to the living room. 

“Hana go tell the chefs to cook something special for our guests!” my mother yelled at me before I could sit down. I let out a sigh before heading to the kitchen to pass the message. “Now what brings you all here?” I heard my mom before stepping into the kitchen. The cooks were all on break when I came in so they stood up quickly looking flustered when they saw me. I quickly smiled at them and told them of the new arrangements quickly before I left. When I got back to the living room, I saw all of them sporting frowns against my mother and quickly walked to the living room before anything happened.

“Mom what were you thinking trying to get her married off so quickly. She is almost done with college and her graduation is in two months. How did you expect her to finish school and worry about getting things ready for the wedding at the same time?” my brother was furious and Anna was also clenching her fists. 

“I don’t understand why you’re getting angry at me. I’m just doing what I thought was the best for her. I’m her mother, I know what she needs!” my mom crossed her arms over her chest and glared back at my siblings.

“And since when have you ever cared about her like a mother would!” my sister snapped and my eyes went wide at the comment. I looked towards my mother and she looked downright offended at the comment and I could see the tears starting to gather in her eyes. Ahh the crocodile tears...her most nuclear weapon… I quickly plugged my ears and motioned for Sora and Doyoung to do the same before she exploded and caused the house to shake. Before she could get a word out, my father appeared and let out a loud shout when he saw the guests. 

“When did you get here kids? And where are my grandkids?” my dad looked around the house hoping to see the younger ones. Sora and Doyoung quickly stood up when they saw the elder, but he waved at them to sit down. 

“The kids are with my brother, father.” Sora replied quietly and glanced at my mom and heaved a relieved sigh when she saw my mother distracted. 

“And Doyoung, how are you?” Doyoung quickly stood up to shake his hand before replying.

“I’m good sir.” But my father waved his hand at the statement and chuckled. 

“Call me dad, Doyoung. We’ve been over this.” my father's smile left his face when he saw me sitting with the group and went to the opposite side of the room to sit on a recliner. “Now, why are you kids here? Don’t tell me Hana bothered you about something. Hana I told you a million times that they are busy and should not be disturbed by you.” I looked down to the floor and blinked quickly to stop the tears from coming out.

“She didn’t bother us dad. We came here because she told us about going dress shopping tomorrow and we wanted to tag along to get some things for the ball.” My brother answered my dad with a scowl. 

“So we will be staying here, if you don’t mind.” Anna muttered but everyone heard her. My mother clapped her hands in excitement and called all of the maids to have two of the guest rooms ready and wouldn’t stop gushing about the “loads of fun they would have”. 

“Now if you will excuse us.” Anna stood up, followed by the rest of my siblings and looked at me expectantly. I was confused for a second before I stood up quickly with them and led them to the second floor where my room was. “We haven't seen your room in ages and want to see all of the changes you told us about.” We had reached the staircase when we heard my mom call out.

“Wait, I wanted to talk to you all and catch up.” my sister turned back around towards my mom and gave her a bitter smile.

“We will talk during dinner.” And we all left my parents. Oh I will not hear the end of this tomorrow evening when they all leave. I heaved another sigh and hoped that John was having a better evening then me. 

Johnny’s POV

“I can’t believe you made me ask her for her dress color. This isn’t prom!” Johnny yelled at his friend while pacing back and forth on the carpet. Ten was sitting on Johnny’s bed, smirking while staring at his friend’s distress. 

“Oh come on, why would she think that?” Johnny turned to give Ten a “are you kidding me” look, causing Ten to laugh. Soon his laughter ceased and cleared his throat before looking at his friend. “Johnny, why did you choose her? She is someone who doesn’t even bother talking to others and stays in the background in all of the social events.” Ten honestly could not understand why his friend would pick the quiet girl compared to the other girls in the social class. No one knows anything about her except that she was from one of the wealthy families and the younger sister to the famous Lee siblings. Johnny stopped to look at his friend and shifted his eyes around his room before coming up with an answer. 

“If I am going to be honest, I know nothing about her. I have seen her a few times but she never looked like the typical elite socialite. Ten frowned at that and raised his eyebrow.

“Ok, but none of the people in our group like her.” Johnny then raised his eyebrow back.

“And I should care about that, why? Why should I care if the others don’t like her. I’m pretty sure they don’t even know her and are just judging her because she doesn’t act like a stuck up elite.”

“Uh, we’re stuck up elites.” Ten countered back but laughed when Johnny made a disgusted face.

“You may be one, but I’m not one.” Ten snorted at that and Johnny smirked before he started frowning. “I don’t want to end up like my parents Ten.” Ten stopped smiling and looked at his friend in pity. They were silent for a couple of minutes before Ten stood up and cleared his throat. 

“All right I’m heading out. Text me if you need anything.” Johnny nodded and walked Ten to the front door. As soon as the door was opened by the butler, Ten turned around with a smirk on his face. “I want to meet her Saturday, so try not to scare her away before then, ok?” Johnny rolled his eyes and pushed his friend out the door, both of them laughing. He waved before motioning for the butler to close the door and headed back to his room. I hope Saturday turns out to be a good day.