Chapter 17

Nostalgia

Irene's POV

"Her condition is okay, just let her rest for awhile okay?" The doctor said and we all nodded. Mrs. Jessica caught our attention. She was looking outside the window while drinking her coffee. We smiled.

What an adult

"Joy, and all of you I didn't know we would meet again like this" She smiled at us

"Uhhh, Mrs. Jessica I just want to ask why Wendy answered you like that earlier and you two don't look like you guys are close" Yeri said and I glared at her. Seulgi coughed.

"O-oh you don't need to answer her question Ms." Seulgi said and she smacked Yeri's shoulder.

"Oh don't mind it, it's just a simple question" Ms. Jessica said and we all looked at her.

"Wendy grew up alone in a cold mansion, she spent her childhood alone since I am always busy at work. Her father left us when she was born. I was a perfectionist and I always wanted her to score perfect on her exams and she ended up hating me. I thought that she's okay being distant to me. I didn't know she wanted to experience a mother's warmth" She exhaled sharply.

"I ended up telling her that I hated her and I didn't want her by my side and she's not my daughter, but we look so much a like. And she believed that I hated her, I ended up giving her secret gifts for her birthday, with the help of Joy of course. I don't know if I can gain her trust again since she hates me until now" She smiled at us.

"I think you should talk to her to settle this since it's your fault to begin with Mrs. Jessica, and it's not too late to settle things" I said and she chuckled.

"As straight forward as ever Irene" She laughed. "Well, I will talk to her about that" She said and we all gave her thumbs up. She's not scary at all.

"Oh, how's your relationship with Wendy, Joy? as sweet as last time" Mrs. Jessica asked and Joy chuckled.

"Oh auntie c'mon, I'm not her girlfriend" Joy said and I felt a little pain.

Come to think of it do I deserve Wendy?

"Oh but you waited for her right? Who's her girlfriend?" Ms. Jessica asked and I looked down. My hands trembled.

Joy waited so long but I stole Wendy like that, do I deserve her? No, I don't deserve her.

"She's seeing Irene right now" Joy said with a smile. I frowned.

I don't deserve her, I don't deserve her

I looked at Mrs. Jessica's reaction. She was frowning, I trembled.

"Oh is that so? Take care of my daughter for me Irene" She said. I can sense sarcasm in her voice just now.

"I'm sorry but I should be going now" Yeri said and Seulgi smiled.

"Me too, please excuse us" Seulgi said.

No, don't leave me

"I'll be leaving now, thanks for the afternoon tea. Even though it was bitter" Joy laughed and Mrs. Jessica did the same. They seem to get along.

"I'm going too" I picked up my bag.

"Oh no sweetie, we are going to talk. The two of  us" She smiled and my whole world crumbled. My hands trembled and my bag fell on the floor.

What is happening?

"Don't be so nervous, I won't eat you" She laughed and I chuckled nervously. I sat in front of her.

"So you're her girlfriend?" She asked and I nodded.

"Did you know how many years Joy waited for Wendy? and you just stole her like that" She said and my hands quivered.

, if only I have enough courage

"Of course I like Joy more than you. She already proved herself to me and you? You only proved herself as a trustworthy friend Irene. I will entrust Wendy to you, I want you to prove yourself to me" She said and I gulped.

"Y-yes Ma'am" I said and she smiled like an evil witch.

"You can go home now Irene" She said and sent me off with a smile.

Come to think of it I don't have anything to prove to her. I'm just a nobody.