Chapter 9

Nostalgia

I went back to our classroom and sat on my chair. I looked at Joy and she looked outside the window. I can sense anger from her.

"Go on and blame me, I dont actually care" She said and Yeri sighed.

"We cant blame you Joy, we know where ya coming from" Yeri explained and Joy sighed. She leant to the wall and faced us.

"Im just upset that she dont go to us whenever she's sad, she always hide her feelings and telling us that we cant understand when she's not trying to help us understand and I cant stand it! We're not kids that are not capable in comforting her. She dont need to hide her own feelings to protect us" Joy said and then she sighed.

"Calm down Joy, you know Seulgi. She's always like that but maybe she'll get use to us now" Yeri said and I looked outside the window.

"Yeah I know her too well and she's like this since 6 years ago" She said and her hands formed to a fist. I looked at her eyes and she found mine.

"What do you mean by '6 years ago?'" I asked her and she averted her eyes.

"Uh- well uh I- uh, I gotta go to the student council room" She said and she hurried outside which left me and Yeri exchanging suspicious look.

Yes, Park Sooyoung won as the student council President and currently leading our school.

The bell rang loudly and I packed all my things.

"Yerm wanna go to the hospital with me?" I asked and she nodded and packed her things.

"Are we gonna walk?" She asked and I nodded and smiled. "I often see you going to school in your car" She said.

"I feel kinda bored going to school alone so I decided to just walk so I can see the other students" I said and she nodded.

"Hmmm, I see" She said and I looked at my hands as we walked.

"Hey Yeri, dont you think Joy is acting weird?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Maybe she's just stressed because of the cultural festival and because of Seulgi? Or maybe she met Seulgi 6 years ago and Seulgi ended up forgetting her because of amnesia. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt" Yeri said and we continued to walk.

"So is Seulgi one of her friends who got into an accident?" I asked and Yeri became silent all of a sudden.

"That's what we dont know, we better ask Joy for that" She said and we rode the elevetor. We went straight to Lia's room.

"Hi Irene Unnie oh Yeri Unnie youre also here Lia said and I prepared some foods for her.

"What made you visit Unnie?" She asked and Yeri smiled.

"I just missed you Lia, that's why" and they started hugging each other. I smiled at the happy sight and finished cooking. I put the foods on the table and we ate together.

After a couple of hours Lia fell asleep and Yeri and I was about to go when I realized that she had not meet Wan yet.

"Wanna go and meet Wan?" I asked and she cocked her eyebrows.

"The blondie? Sure" She said and we went directly to the next room.

"Hello Wan!" I greeted and she was so surprised that she dropped her headphoned.

"Eh what were you doing?" I asked her and she blushed.

"N-nothing" She said.

"But I saw something!" I said and she sighed.

"Fine, Im recording a song to post on my youtube channel" She answered.

"Eh? But why are you wearing a hoodie and hiding your face? Only Wendy does that" I smiled and my smile faded.

"Wan dont tell me!" I said and she sighed.

"Im Wendy" She sighed in defeat which made me and Yeri scream out of surprise.

"You mean youre Wendy? Our favorite singer all along!?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yes, I didnt have the courage to tell you because I dont want to ruin your dreams of meeting the beautiful her" She said.

"But youre really beautiful why are you hiding it?" I asked.

"It's a secret" She smiled and I went to hug her.

"Oh Yerm I didnt notice youre there" Wan said which made me look at her.

"Hi, nice meeting you Wendy-ssi. Youre really beautiful like how Irene described you" She said and  Wan smiled.

"Wendy is fine you dont need to be formal" Wan said.

"Ah and since I met you already I'll go now, Mom and Dad is waiting for me. Bye Wendy" She said.

"Bye, take care Yerm" Wendy waved her hand and stared at me.

I wonder if Wendy is really numb or does she like me too? Does she think Im hugging her because I think we're bestfriends. I mean I like the idea of hugging her but she doesnt complain nor ask.

"Hey Wannie, how did you know Yeri's name?" I asked and she averted her eyes.

"Uh you told me, last week about Yeri and Seulgi" She said and I nodded.

"Anyways, I really feel warm and nostalgic beside you. Maybe this nostalgia has a meaning, maybe we already met in our past lives" I said and she laughed.

"Silly, we couldnt say. Maybe we did or maybe.... not" She said with a hint of sadness written on her face. I buried my face to her neck and she hugged me tightly.