Chapter 7

Nostalgia

I looked out the window just to see the rain pouring down again, it's supposed to be summer but why is it raining? It's kina weird and the whole class feels dead.

I feel like sitting on my bed and waiting for time to pass, The whole class feels gloomy and dead and this is the first time that we are so quiet. The teachers have meeting and we dont have lessons for the whole day.

"I think every one is having a hard time" Yeri said and I just sighed. "Have you made up with Seulgi?" She asked which made me look at her.

"Wait, how did you know that something happened?" I asked and she smirked.

"So Im right, I just shot through the dark and wow bulls eye" She said and I chuckled. "Well you see I've known you and Seul and youre acting so weird today and there's a tension between the two of you" She explained.

"So she didnt say anything huh" I mumbled. 

"Huh?" Yeri asked and I shook my head.

"Why dont you two tal- ouch!" She reacted when something hit her head and we look at Joy laughing.

"What's with her?" Yeri asked and she opened the paper and smirked. She wrote something and threw it back to Joy and she opened it and gave Yeri a thumbs up.

"Irene go to the rooftop" Yeri said and I cocked my eyebrows.

"Are you insane? It's pouring down and youre telling me to go there?!" I blurted out and the whole class looked at me.

"You dont want to? Then dont. Your curiousity will kill you" She said and opened her phone and ignored me for like 5 minutes.  I stood up and walked outside.

I walked to the vending machine to get a black coffee and I slowly walked to the rooftop. I opened the door and the gusty wind with rain hit me. I saw Seulgi staring at the sky not minding the rain.

"So? Suicidal? Wanna get sick?" I asked and I walked towards her.

"It's the first time that you talked to me again Irene" She smiled bitterly. Our uniforms getting wet, I finished drinking the coffee and threw the can.

"Why are you ignoring me?" She asked and I stood up in front of her.

"Because I dont know you anymore" I saaid and she cocked her eyebrow.

"Pardon?" She asked and I sighed.

"It feels different Seulgi, youre not the Seulgi that I know and I feel like Im not your beloved bestfriend anymore. The Seulgi I know is a crybaby who loves to cuddle with me and is telling me everything!" I said and her eyes darkened.

"Seulgi when Im with you I feel out of place, I feel like Im a normal classmate and it feels like youre so distant. It all started when I visited Lia to the hospital!" I said and she opened but no sound came out.

"Tell me what to do Seulgi, I want our friendship back. I want the old you" I said and the wind hit us again. I shivered in the cold and she chuckled.

"You wont understand me!" She screamed.

"Then make me understand Seulgi!" I yelled back and she inhaled.

"Friendship huh, yes it all started when you visited Lia in the hospital and you met that blondie! Im scared Irene, you thought Im being distant and I dont have a reason? Im not irrelevant Irene!" She screamed.

We are not that far but why does our hearts feel so far away

"I was so scared Irene that she might take you away from me and I need to protect myself so I wont get hurt! I need to distance myself from you so it wont hurt once youre gone! Youre holding the biggest part in my heart Irene and I cant afford to lose you and now Im starting to think that losing you is possible to happen anytime" 

"I hate how you like her! You like her more than me because Im just your bestfriend right? You cant understand me? Then I'll make you understand Irene" She screamed.

"I love you Bae Irene, I love you since I met you. I hate how you stole my heart and you didnt give me a chance to steal yours because that blondie stole it! Im scared that you might leave me. Im selfish because I know that you wont be mine but I want you to be mine only!" She said and she knelt to the ground and tears dropped to the floor.

"It hurts me Irene, it hurts so bad" She said.

I didnt know that im the one hurting her

It was me all this time

"Seulgi, Im so sorry I became so simpleminded but you know that I love her right? Im sorry but I want us to stay as friends" I said as I knelt down and hugged her.

"Reject me Irene! Say it! Tell me that Im not enough! Tell me that I cant replace her in your heart!" She said and I hugged her tightly.

"Say it so we can end the pain!" She yelled.

"I love her Seulgi! I see her the same way as you see me Im sorry. Youre my bestfriend and you will stay like that forever" I said and she cried out loudly.

"Im sorry Seul" I mumbled as I watched the rain drops falling on the floor making a puddle.

It was me, Im the one who's lost

Trying to find herself