Chapter 2

Nostalgia

Thinking about what happened yesterday really bothers me, why does she hate me so much that she pushes me away? Dont she want me as a friend? 

I mean she's alone and most of the lonely girls becomes happy when someone wanted to be their friends and she's a very tough not to crack.

I kinda hate the fact that she doesnt give in easily but I will not give up on her because I like her. 

My hands formed into a fist and I smiled out of nowhere, I heard laughters around me and I nervously looked at the figure in front of me. 

"Mind going to the faculty office after class so we can discuss alone Ms. Bae?" Mrs. Jung asked and I swear there is a deadly look in her eyes as if she's ready to murder me and Maam im scared!!!! 

She went to the bored again and discussed the lesson, I hit my head on the table and sighed. 

"What were you doing Irene Bae?" I mumbled and sighed again. 

The bell rang indicating that the classes are finish now the three of them went beside me and Seulgi patted my back. 

"You need to go to the faculty room Irene" Joy said and I sighed. 

"I know but what if she calls my parents and they became disappointed?" I asked and I put my things inside the bag. 

"We will deal with that later Irene, you go now" Seulgi said and I nodded. I walked slowly to the faculty room and I saw Ms. Jung sitting on her chair with her glasses on, I walked towards here.

"Have a seat" She said and I nervously sat down.

"I noticed that lately youre always out of focus Ms. Bae and your exam scores it's only average. I want to know what's happening" She said. 

"Uh I guess I was just worn out thinking about my sister in the hospital" And that was a lie.

"I see, I already called your parents and talked to them earlier. They gotta decide what to do with you" She said and I cursed mentally.

"Okay Maam thank you" I said. 

"Thanks for your time" She said and my legs wobbled when I entered the car. I facepalmed and sighed.

Gosh I think I know what's gonna happen now.

I entered the mansion and was greeted by the maids, I went straight to the dining are and I saw my mom drinking coffee and my dad reading news paper even though it's not breakfast.

"Sit here with us Irene" Mom said and I sat down on the chair.

"We heard about your almost failing grades" Dad said.

"I-im sorry" I said. 

"We hired you a tutor, she will tutor you after class and you will meet her tomorrow" Dad explained and I nodded. 

"Youre grounded Irene, no cellphones at school, no malls and youre going straight to home after class" Mom said and I looked at her with shock written on my face.

"But Mom what about Lia?" I asked her and she looked at me and sighed. 

"Suzy is gonna take care of her so you dont need to stress yourself over your sister, you just need to focus on your studies" She added.

"But Mom-" I was cut off by her.

"No buts Irene I dont want you to fail, youre gonna be a disgrace to our family now start working your off" She said and left me on the table.

"Im sorry sweetie but you need to improve" Dad left me. I walked to my room and laid down on my bed, I sighed.

Ever since I was a kid I never felt that my mom loves me, she always shower my older sister and my younger sister with love and affection and me? She always ignore me as if I was a stray that was brought here by my Dad.

And in those times I never beg her to give me attention because I have Lia and Suzy Unnie and also my friends. But I hate it when she compares me to Unnie.

I know every kid hates being compared and Im one of those, my sister is good at everything and to top it all she's smart, good looking and popular and she can handle everything on her own.

I opened my phone and I saw a text from Lia.

Lia: It's okay Unnie, just improve your grades. I will wait until you visit me again Irene Unnie, Suzy Unnie is also rooting for you. 

Irene: Thanks Lia, I love you lil sis

Lia: I love you too Unnie

But atleast I have someone who loves me 

My vision became blurry and tears started streaming down my face. I felt sleepy as I wiped off my tears and turned off the lights. I fell into a deep slumber. 

Even the most beautiful eyes have shed the most tears