Chapter 16

Nostalgia

Wendy's POV 

"Im busy with my work Wendy, you know that" Mom stared at us. 

"And who are this kids?" Mom asked and then gaped.

"Irene, Joy, Yeri and Seulgi?" Mom asked and they all nodded like they knew each other.

Oh wait, they know each other

"Hi Auntie, long time no see" Joy was the first one to hug my Mom and Mom surprisingly hugged back.

"Hi, Im Jessica Jung, Wendy's mom" She introduced herself.

"But why do you have differen surnames?" Seulgi was the first one to notice.

"Sorry, I always use my maiden name when I introduce myself. Sorry just a habit" She scratched the back of her head.

It became a habit because you hate my Dad and didnt want to use our surname. You despise me because Im not your child right? 

"Ahh, you really look like each other. The cold aura t-" Irene shut Yeri's mouth by shoving a bread.

"Yeah we look like each other. So much" She said and I got overwhelmed and I looked at her with teary eyes.

Mom

"I think you dont remember me at all?" She asked them.

My vision became blurry and I instantly fell on my bed.

"Eomma, Eomma look at this I got 98 on my english test!" I saw me, but it's the younger me. 

"It should be perfect" Mom said while organizing the papers.

"Ah, I'll do my best next time" I said and I waved my paper. I bumped onto Irene, the young Irene.

"Why do you look so happy?" She asked me. 

"I got 98 on my english test. But my mom thinks it's not enough" I frowned.

"Im proud of you, for scoring that high Wannie" She patted my head and my eyes twinkled.

Yeah, she's the first one that made me feel loved 

And then I got transported to a different memory

"P-please stop this!" I begged the old man.

"Eh, why would I stop? You look y in that uniform" I cried.

"Someone please, save me" I yelled and the old man fell on the floor.

"You trash! Your soul will burn in hell you ert pig!" A girl kicked the man's groin.

The man stood up and smiled weirdly. He put out his knife and Joy removed her blazer.

"Run Wendy! Run!" She yelled and my body stopped working.

"!" She cursed and she tried to snatch the knife but the man scratched her cheek and cut half of her hair.

I screamed so hard that my lungs hurt

The man was about to stab her when I saw the rake, my body worked on it's own and I shover the rake to the man's face.

Joy pushed the man and she carried me. The police started to come and Irene and Seulgi pulled us in the car. Yeri's with them too.

It's Joy who saved me

"Are you okay?" She held my cheeks like Im the most precious woman in the world. She hugged me.

"Im sorry I was late" 

Yeah, she's the first one that protected me. And I will never forget how she risked her life to save me.