A Lifetime Without You

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: I’ve waited by your side for centuries. But this time, I can no longer be by your side. If this is what it takes to stay by you for eternity, I will gladly wait a million lifetimes.

Word Count: 2976

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_ALifetimeWithoutYou

 

A Lifetime Without You

 

          The sound of thunder drew attention to the clouds high above Mount Olympus.  One by one, Olympians filled into the occupied throne room. What drew their attention was what resided in the center of the throne room.

          Bound in chains, and shackled to a pillar in the center was the goddess of the seas. 

          “I have gathered all of you here today, to discuss a grave matter.” Drawing attention with her booming voice, was the king of the gods herself. “Traitors reside within Olympus. Rebels who have joined together to see me fall and end my reign. If you confess now, and pledge your loyalty to Olympus, I will void your punishment.” 

          At the accusations, some of the gods showed visible surprise. Yet others remained silent in their seats, unwilling to speak up. 

          “Minjoo?” At the call of her name, the goddess of love pulled her gaze away from the chained sea god. 

          “She has nothing to do with this.” The sea god croaked. “I planned this by myself. She knew nothing of this.”

          “Silence! I did not ask for you to speak, Ahn Yujin.” The cold glint in the thunder god’s eyes warned of unforetold danger. “Anyone else who had a hand in this better step up now. I won’t be so pleasant if I find out in other ways.” 

          At the interrogation, the goddess of marriage stood up. “I helped Yujin with this.” 

          “I aided in this as well.” The goddess of wisdom spoke up quietly from her seat. 

          The look of disgust that crossed onto the thunder god’s face turned into shock when someone else stood up. “Yuri? You too?” The crack in Yena's voice made the goddess of music avert her gaze. Hardening her resolve, Yena walked into the center of the room. 

          “I do not know what pushed you to support my foolish sibling in her schemes, but as a benevolent god I shall void the punishments of all the accomplices.” Sneering down at her sibling, Yena pulled the sea god’s lowered head up. “As for Yujin. Treason cannot go unpunished. As the leader of the rebellion, I sentence you to a lifetime as a human slave.”

          At Yena’s words, multiple gods shot onto their feet. Protests rang about at the unfairness of the situation. Yet a single glare from the king was enough to silence almost all of the dissidents. 

          “You were the leader. You will take responsibility won’t you?” Small flashes of lightning could be seen within the thunder god’s eyes.

          Smirking bitterly, she bit out, “Of course.” 

          It was a simple two words, yet the effect it had on the other gods was tremendous. The three accomplices looked down in shame. Their plan had failed and now Yujin alone will suffer for the consequences. At the sound of a choked back sob, their gazes all landed on the same being. Maybe not Yujin alone, they thought as they looked at the teary eyed goddess of love. 

          “Any last words?” The thunder god asked. 

          “If this is what you call your reign. You’re wrong. You rule with an iron grip over the Olympians. This may be called a council but it is no better than tyranny.” The chained sea god looked up. “You are only doing what you believe to be right without considering anyone else’s views.”

          “I’m doing what is for the good of Olympus!” Yena shouted. “What could a god who spends their days fooling around under the seas and frolicking with pretty women know about how it is to rule an empire!” 

          The staring contest between the two children of Kronos was stopped when Yena looked away from Yujin’s tired eyes. Waving a hand, she called for the guards to take the imprisoned god away.

          Turning back to remaining Olympians, she barked out her last commands. “No one is to interact with Yujin during her time on Earth.” At this, she directed a heavy gaze at the love goddess. Met with a defiant gaze, she sighed before warning once more. “If I catch any of you, there will be consequences.”

 

          “How are you doing?” 

          Looking up from her position on her bed, Minjoo was met with the concerned look of Yuri. Giving her a weak smile, she waved off her concern. 

          It has been days since Yujin had been sentenced to life as a mortal. Minjoo had hidden herself inside her room ever since, and the rest of the gods were worried sick for the emotional goddess. 

          “Today is the day you know.” Yuri sat down beside the other goddess. “Are you sure you don’t want to be there? Yujin will be reborn into a Trojan slave family.” 

          Nodding, Minjoo sat up and ran a hand through her tangled hair. She hasn’t moved from her spot since Yujin’s banishment, and her appearance was starting to reflect her mental state. 

          “She wouldn’t want me to see it.”

          At the simple response, Yuri felt something in her break. It was their fault. Their plan, yet Yujin had had to bear the whole weight of their failure. Now Minjoo has to suffer for it as well. 

          “Minjoo… I-”

          “It’s ok Yuri.” Minjoo wrapped her arms around the teary goddess. “I knew. The plan. I knew everything. You know Yujin can’t hide anything from me. I found out and confronted her about it. But she insisted that it was necessary. It’s not your fault. It was mine for letting her go ahead with it.” 

          But you don’t know her reason. Yuri herself was at first reluctant about the plan. The thought of betraying Yena’s trust was something she couldn’t bear. Yet Yujin’s reasons were something she wanted to support. But in the end was the risk worth it? Look at what you left behind Yujin. 

          Gently Minjoo’s hair, Yuri stayed beside her that day as her support. News spread throughout Olympus of the rebirth of the sea god. As the slave of the Trojan king. Her new name, Ahn Yujin.

 

          The wall was yet to be complete. Thousands of slaves bustled around busily on the interior, carrying raw materials that weighed much more than their malnourished forms. The cries of children could be heard, as cruel inspectors laid waste to their bodies with lashes from their whips.

          The burning fury in the love goddess’s eyes terrified even the goddess of wisdom. Gathered in Minjoo’s room, the two were overlooking the construction of the Trojan wall through the enchanted mirror of the love goddess, a gift from the god of the forges. 

          “Unnie… Are you ok?” Wonyoung timidly patted her fellow goddess’s shoulder. The scowl that had crossed the goddess’s face was unprecedented. I’ve never even seen this even when Yujin-unnie was caught flirting with another goddess in front of her. 

          “I’m fine.” At the sound of another cry from a child, Minjoo’s eyes flashed red for a second. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter