Blue

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: All her life, Yujin had been treated as if she was an abnormal creature. A lunatic. Someone who maybe shouldn’t even exist so that everyone would feel peace. She was starting to accept the fact that anyone with a sane mind would be disgusted by her presence until she met the girl beyond her wildest dreams. Kim Minjoo, the love of her life that made her feel... normal?

Word Count: 12923

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_Blue

 

Blue

 

“I can’t believe that you guys get to be roommates and I have to live with someone else!” Yena exclaimed before flopping on Minjoo’s bed, sulking.

 

Minjoo, Yena and Sakura had known each other since they could walk. Being the only Korean and Japanese kids in the neighbourhood full of Americans was challenging but it was all better since they have one another. They finished going to high school and now, the three of them managed to get accepted to study at Enozi University, the university where almost half of the population is Asian. The university offers great scholarships from Sakura being able to continue her soccer legacy, Yena using her mechanical knowledge to become an engineer and Minjoo, after being pressured by her mother, decided to take pre-med as her major.

 

The roommate choice were actually randomized by the university board and luckily, Minjoo and Sakura had their names placed by each other for Room 210. Yena, on the other hand, didn’t even bother to look at her roomie’s name, knowing that she didn’t even know anyone here except those two idiots that she thought had planned all of this.

 

“ it up, Yena. It isn’t like we knew this was gonna happen.” The Japanese was busy unpacking her whole gaming set on her desk. Her online game was going to start in a few hours so she wanted everything to be ready.

 

“Of course, you’d say that. It isn’t like you’re the one who’s gonna get a roomie who’s a complete stranger!”

 

“Hey, Yena. It’d be fine. You can still come here anytime you want to. Your room’s literally like five rooms away.” Minjoo actually felt pity for Yena and understood her distress. Unlike her Japanese roommate, who didn’t seem to bat an eye at the girl who’s busy whining on the bed.

“Why is my luck always so ty? I hate this. I hate this!”

 

“Girl, are you for real not gonna start unpacking? I saw your mountain of ramen packets and coke, y’know?”

 

“I know but I don’t care. Plus, I don’t think my roommate is arriving anytime soon so I’ll have all the time in the world.”

 

Sakura just shook her head and carried on with assembling her computer. She plugged in the power socket and her monitor .

 

 “Hell yeah! Call of Duty, here I go!”

 

The brunette, who was busy decorating her desk with family photos started to place her books on the table and placed her diary in the drawer under it. Minjoo took time to look back at the pictures and her eyes lingered longer on one that had a man and a little girl holding hands by a beach,

 

I miss you, dad.

 

She stopped thinking about anything sad and turned to find her friends. Sakura enjoying her shooting match and Yena, who was trying to look at the screen from her bed. 

 

“Yena, how long are you staying here?” The slight blonde briefly looked at Minjoo before focusing back on the game.

 

“I wanna watch Saku-chan play for a minute then probably go to the toilet. And then, I’m planning to take a nap here before going back to my room.” Minjoo rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly, finding the fact that her friend wanted to waste much time here than go back to her room amusing.

 

“Whatever you say, ducky.










 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yujin stood in front of her dorm room door while chewing on her inner cheeks. The box she carried was still resting in her hands while she was busy staring at the wooden material. This was the start of her new life. The life that Yujin had always imagined since she was a young teenager who thought that she didn’t fit with the other kids. Everyone who knew her couldn’t deny the fact that the girl was practically built with brains. The school’s education level was way out of her league but she tried as hard as possible to adapt with the slow learning and now, she finally managed to go somewhere where she would feel challenged. But still, Yujin was thinking about how to swallow the reality that she would live here with no one that she knows. She was scared.

 

“What are you doing?” Her older sister said while dragging her luggage bag behind her and approached her sister.

 

“Eunbi...I’m sc-scared.” 

 

“Yujin, we’ve talked about this. Andrà bene. (It’s going to be fine.)” Eunbi pushed the door open and entered the room, leaving Yujin standing by the entrance alone. The room was pretty decent with two single beds, each one at the corner of the room. One bed was obviously already occupied with blankets thick enough to probably make you unable to breathe and a stereo set by the drawer which was . The owner didn’t seem to be around and Eunbi was trying not to show annoyance towards the irresponsible behaviour.

 

“Guarda! (Look!)  Your roommate’s not even here and the room is pretty nice, don’t you think?” Yujin just shrugged and let herself sit on her own bed across the room, looking visibly distressed.

 

“It’s okay.” She kept her answers short.

 

“Cucciola (Puppy)...come on. This is what you dreamt for the rest of your life. You’re finally going to college!”

 

“Lo so, lo so. ( I know, I know.)  It’s just...what if they don’t like me? What if I continue to do weird stuff and people would notice? They’d see me like a freak, Eunbi. Well, I am but-”

 

“You’re not a freak, Yujin” The older brought herself next to her sister and wrapped her hands around her shoulder. “You’re like the coolest person I know and definitely the most smartest-”

 

“The smartest.” Yujin corrected her sister while the other just jokingly rolled her eyes before hitting her lightly. 

 

“Whatever, pantaloni eleganti (smarty pants). But, you do get what I mean. You’re not a freak, or a loser, or anything bad. You’re you and you’re special. I’ve been trying to get that in your thick skull for years but yeah, you just don’t want to believe everything I say, don’t you?”

 

The younger chuckled before looking back at her sister. Maybe she was right. Maybe, for once people wouldn’t actually look at her disabilities and treat her normal. Maybe she could actually control herself and not look like a complete moron in front of others. Yujin just had to try.

 

“That’s enough motivational talk for today. Let’s get some Chipotle, hm? I don’t want the last thing I see from you is that ugly pout that would get you nowhere. Dai cucciola.  (Come on, pup).”

 

Yujin slightly frowned when her sister said that her pout was ugly but she knew that she didn't really mean it. Eunbi had told her multiple times that sometimes there would be words or expressions that don’t really exactly mean literally but most of the time, Yujin would just ignore it as she didn’t seem to fully understand what it meant. Her older sister was waiting for her outside the dorm room so she stood up and rushed out, to get her favourite meal of the century.






 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

“That burrito was delicious. lodare dio per questo! (Praise the lord for it!)”

 

“non era così buono. (It wasn’t that good.)” Yujin mumbled before getting out of her sister’s jeep. They already arrived back at the university and she was dreading it. She tried to waste time as much as she could at Chipotle but her sister noticed and the older definitely wasn’t approving it.

 

“I’ll drop you at your room. Your roommate might already be there so I would be honored to meet her.”

 

The younger just nodded and they both made their way to her dorm room. Room 215. The music that they heard earlier was already turned off so they could assume that the other girl was already inside. Yujin being Yujin, she told her sister to enter first. Eunbi just shrugged and pushed the door open. They both saw a blonde eating snacks with her laptop on her lap.

 

“Um...hello?” Eunbi greeted the girl first but she just responded with a wave and she got back to her movie. 

“Nevermind her. Yujin, come on. Finiamo di disimballare i tuoi vestiti. ( Let’s finish unpacking your clothes.)” Yujin could see the slight movement as her roommate took a glimpse at the siblings. 

 

“Va bene, sorella. (All right, sister.)”

 

The taller was obviously bothered and anxious by the awkward situation and wanted time to go as slow as possible. She didn’t want her sister to leave. Heck, she didn’t even want to stay. Yujin just wishes that the whole planet would just swallow her so that she could remain buried underground. 

 

“So,” The blonde who was just watching a movie, puts her laptop down and planted her feet on the edge of her bed. “I’m guessing the one with the specs is my roommate? The name’s Yena.”

 

Yujin slightly nodded then turned to her sister, signalling her to help her interact. The older just simply sighed and let her baby sis take care of her clothes. “Yup, you’re stuck with this tall one. I’m Eunbi, Yujin’s older sister.” 

 

“Aw, too bad~” Yena tilted her head and visibly scanned the two siblings but obviously, lingered longer on Eunbi. “Damn, I was hoping it’d be you instead. “ She kept a cocky smirk while eyeing the older up and down.”

 

“Um, okay then! Yujin, I think I’ll need to get going. You wanna accompany me to my car?” The younger quickly responded with a nod and followed the other going out the door. She looked back at Yena, who raised her eyebrows while observing the taller with an unamused expression before rolling her eyes and dived back on her bed.

 

“Sorella,(Sister)” Yujin finally speaks up as they made it to Eunbi’s car. “I don’t think I can do this.” She chewed her inner checks again while fiddling her fingers, another habit when she’s nervous. Eunbi lets out a deep breath and leaned against her car’s trunk. “I wanna follow you home. I could just go to the community college across the street and-”

 

Eunbi reached for her sister’s shoulders and lightly massaged them, trying to get her to calm down a bit. “Yujin.” She wrapped her arm around her upper arm and tugged. “This is your dream. Your ambition, okay? Look, I know that your roommate could be a little...intimidating but, surely you’ll be fine. I know you can.”

 

The taller just kept shaking her head and pleaded Eunbi with her puppy eyes and without noticing, her lips were sealed into a pout. “I don’t want this. Please, can I follow you home?” The older sister was almost tempted with her little sister’s begging but she knew that this was for her own good. 

 

“Yujin, hear me out.” She held the other’s hand--which were shaking violently with both of her hands. “Just give a try. We’ll see what happens after a couple of weeks. And, if by then you still feel like all of this is too overwhelming, I’ll take you home with me.”

 

“Promettere?(Promise?)”

 

“Promettere.(Promise.) But, you need to get used to the real world. Remember, this isn’t high school anymore. Everyone’s understanding and matured. Promise me you’ll try to fit it?” The younger gave Eunbi a shrug and frowned while the older sister just wrapped her arms around Yujin.

 

“I’m here for you, baby sis.” Yujin responded to the hug and wrapped her own arms around the older. 

 

“I love you, sis.”

 

“Love you too.” Eunbi pulled back and released her sister’s arms which were still trying to cling on her. “Call me always, okay? I’m just an hour away.”

 

The blue-haired nodded and watched as her sister started her engine. She lowered her window, gave the younger a wave before making her way out of the car park. Yujin felt the feeling of regret slowly drowning her back but she tried to shake it off and made her way back to her room, to her roommate.








 

____________________________________________________________






 

The whole day passed and it was time for the first class of the semester. Yujin, being a business major actually took art as an extra and made her way to her art class. She was no Picasso but simply sketching helps her a lot, considering her unusual state. It comforts her if she feels tense and calms her down whenever she sees a drawing of her favourite pokemon character. Plus, it’ll give extra credits so it wouldn’t be such a waste of time.

 

The girl entered the class and immediately aimed for the seat and a corner where she would guess no one would ever approach for. The room was mostly full and the volume of some conversations were a little loud so she took out her airpods and played her chosen playlist. Strings of violin started to play in her ears as Yujin tried to focus on the view outside. It was spring and flowers bloomed enchantingly, making Yujin wonder if she should doodle the view. She was too lost in her mind, she didn’t notice the seat beside her being already occupied by another person. The latter tapped her shoulder, making Yujin startled and cancelled all her thoughts.

 

“I’m sorry, but is this seat taken?”

 

The taller just shook her head and continued to observe the other girl. She had long brunette hair, flowing in waves to complement her porcelain-like skin. Her pointy shining nose and her soft plump lips, everything was screaming perfection. But, god. Her eyes made Yujin’s breath taken away. Framed by long lashes and beautiful brown orbs. The blue-haired girl has never seen such a beautiful angel-like girl before and she was blown away. Until the said girl cleared , making Yujin embarrassed as she was just caught staring.

 

The teacher entered the class with a suitcase, made a short introduction before quickly starting the lesson. Mr Luis said that he didn’t want to make the first class boring so he gave a task to draw whatever they can draw with basic art skills. Yujin was having trouble picking her inspiration.

 

Should I draw Snorlax or Pikachu? Maybe, I should draw both? Or I could choose another pokemon from Pokemon 3-

 

“Um...hey?” Her seatmate tapped her shoulder again. “Can I borrow a pencil? Stupid me forgot to bring my pencil case on the first day of class.” She lightly chuckled as she shook her head. “I’m Minjoo, by the way.”

 

“Yujin.” Yujin faintly responded then opened her bag and handed the girl a wooden pencil--didn’t manage to catch the faint thank you from Minjoo--without saying anything and continued to sketch whatever came to her mind. Her inner cheeks started to get chewed and her fingers nervously clenched

 

Minjoo on the other hand, was pretty observant and managed to catch the acts the latter was doing but didn’t question it. The other girl was pretty attractive too, she wasn’t blind. The taller had dark blue hair and wore specs above her nose that made her look adorable and she felt her heart tinged a bit but wouldn’t admit it. They didn’t talk throughout the lesson but sometimes took secret glimpses at each other without the other noticing.

 

Class ended and Yujin was about to make her way out until a hand reached out for her waist. She quickly pulled back and held her hand behind before looking back at the person who touched her. It was the brunette seatmate.

 

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!” The taller noticed that she was surprised on how she was so defensive so Yujin just waved it off and raised her eyebrow at the said girl, urging the girl to continue. “I was just wondering, since you lend me your pencil, would you like to go for a cup of coffee?”

 

Minjoo was getting nervous but she could see that the latter was contemplating whether to accept or not. She knew that she was a shy person so a rejection wouldn’t be so surprising but the girl gave her a nod. A big grin managed to plant on Minjoo’s face as she signaled Yujin to follow her. Both went out of the class and went to get a cup of coffee. 




 

____________________________________________________________




 

Yujin got back to her dorm and entered her room. Her roommate wasn’t around, making her feel relieved. She shrugged her jacket off and placed it neatly behind her desk chair and layed on her bed, recalling back her afternoon playdate.

 

Kim Minjoo.

 

The girl already had mind-blowing visuals, enough to make Yujin drool for the whole day but she was more than that. The taller had never felt easily comfortable with anyone else outside her family but definitely, she was an exception. Obviously, the latter would be the one mostly talking while Yujin would just nod or shake her head but Minjoo didn’t seem to mind. The blue-haired found out a lot about her-- about her passion in art but was pressured to take pre-med by her mother, about her having two friends pursuing the same university as her. For a second, Yujin felt disappointed as she wasn’t able to respond as enthusiastically but the brunette simply reassured her and told her that she owed her stories for their next date.

 

Date? No, that was just what friends do. Hang-out.

 

It did feel overwhelming to Yujin since she had never experienced hanging out with friends. She didn’t have friends. Everyone wasn’t all that fond of her. So, having someone actually interested to make a conversation definitely gave her a joyful feeling. Damn, she even gave Minjoo a faint smile which she commented that it brightens the whole universe. 

 

Yujin quickly dialed her sister’s number, waiting for her to pick up impatiently. She felt relieved as she heard Eunbi’s voice on the other line.

 

“What’s up, pup?”

 

“Eunbi...this girl in my art class-...coffee-...sh-she borrowed my pencil and-”

 

“Woah woah, calm down kiddo. Take a deep breath, okay?” Yujin inhaled in a few deep breaths and calmed a bit. “Now, tell me what happened.”

 

“I le-lend her a pencil since she forgot to bring hers.” The younger stuttered a bit before continuing. “A-and she took me to a cafe-...to get coffee.”

 

“Well, that’s great!” Eunbi felt beyond happy hearing her sister finally getting along with someone. “Did you talk to her?”

 

Yujin’s shoulder dropped and she sighed. “No...but she talked a lot. Her name’s Minjoo. She even got me macaroons, Eunbi!” She exclaimed, the excitement growing.

 

Her sister just chuckled and felt pride growing in her chest. The feeling of bliss was overwhelming. She had never heard her sister being this fond over someone and she’s so happy that Yujin finally has someone that she likes. Even though, the thought of her baby sister actually dating someone could be a little terrifying. She doesn’t know if her sister could handle a heartbreak well but for now, Eunbi just wished for the best. “That’s awesome, Yujin! Y’know, I bet she definitely likes you.”

 

Yujin frowned and chewed on her inner cheeks, a habit that even she maybe didn’t even notice she had. “ I don’t think so. I-...I couldn’t talk to her. She probably thinks I’m a freak. Just like everyone does.”

 

“Hey, stop all that self doubt, alright? You’re just as awesome as anyone in this world is and if she doesn’t see that, she isn’t worth your time, okay?”

 

Her baby sister nodded before softly hitting her head for expecting Eunbi to see her. “Okay. She’s really pretty, sorella.(Sister)”

 

“Sono felice per te.(I’m happy for you.) So, I need to get this work done. I’ll talk to you later, Yujin. Love you.”

 

“Love you too.” Yujin hung up before laying back on her bed. The taller stuffed her airpods in and played another playlist. She started to feel a bit dazed before deciding to take a shower and get ready to study.

 

Minjoo on the other hand, barged into her room and dived into her pillows, screaming. Her roommate, Sakura was amused and stopped playing her online games then approached the screaming brunette. 

 

“What goes on in that tiny brain of yours, huh?” The girl turned around and plopped her head on her pillow before cheekily grinning and let out a soft chuckle. “I’m being for real, Minjoo. Are you going crazy?”

 

“Kura~ I’m back from a date.”

 

“A date!?” The Japanese grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face her. “What do you mean!?”

 

“There’s this girl in art class. I borrowed her pencil so I repaid her by offering her to go to the campus’s cafe and we talked a lot.”

 

Sakura lets out a disappointed sigh before lightly shoving the girl. “That doesn’t count as a date.”

 

“It does! I m-mean...maybe? I don’t know. But, she was a bit shy and I was the one talking a lot. Not that I’m complaining. It’s just...what if she’s not as interested as I am?”

 

“Minjoo, are you dumb? You’re like the most charming person ever, after me of course.” She dodged the pillow that Minjoo aimed at her and grinned. “The point is, if she’s not into you, then she’s the one missing out, y’know? Not you.”

 

The brunette sighed and slumped deeper into her comforter, wanting to doze off but she knew she had to change into her pj’s first. She stood up and pulled out a t-shirt and shorts from her drawer and went inside the bathroom to get changed. After a while, Minjoo sat back on her bed before wishing her roommate good night. 

 

“Yeah yeah, you too. Hope you have dreams about your mysterious girl.”

 

Minjoo mumbled a shut up before dozing off.




 

_________________________________________________________


 

It was already morning and Yujin was about to start her usual morning routine. She took a shower-- which was a little uncomfortable since she was still trying to get used to the environment--  then puts on her favourite dark blue hoodie. Yujin tied her hair up in a ponytail then walked to her desk to get her daily dose of cereal. But, she noticed something odd as she picked up the cereal box. It was way lighter than she last left it so Yujin took out the whole plastic and for sure, it was lacking a lot. A frown started to appear on her lips as she took a glimpse at her roommate who just woke up, still feeling light-headed before noticing Yujin’s glare. 

 

“What are you looking at?”

 

“D-did you steal my cereal?” Yena furrowed her eyebrows before noticing the familiar box that she was holding. “It wasn’t this light yesterday and I only eat these in mornings.”

 

“Whoa, calm down. I just had one bowl of it-”

 

“Can’t you think a little further and put in your head that it’s not nice to steal!?” Yujin’s fists clenched and unclenched, looking really alarming that Yena swore that she was gonna throw a ing chair at her if she doesn’t calm down. She just looked at the taller who was trying her best to control herself with taking in deep breaths before heading out the door.  

 

“I’ll buy you a new bowl!” The duck made sure to mumble a freak before she made her way out and took out her phone, opening her friend’s chatroom.

 

DuckyYena: (8:42am) - Freaky roommate alert! She disturbed my ing morning.

 

KuraChan: (8:45am) - Damn, Yena. What did you do?

 

DuckyYena: (8:46am) - I’ll tell y’all later.




 

____________________________________________________________




 

“She’s a goddamn weirdo, what the hell?!” 

 

The three friends were laying around on the floor of the room while munching on their IHop takeaway. Sakura took a bite of her hashbrowns before slightly glaring at the blonde. 

 

“You deserved it. I mean, if I were her, I’d definitely beat you up and feed you to the sharks.”

 

“Not just that. She’s just really odd, y’know.”

 

“Okay, let’s change topics. I don’t wanna spend another hour talking about the roommate that you despise so much.” Minjoo sipped on her coffee then threw away her paper wrap. 

 

The Japanese smirked before asking.“How about talking about your mysterious girlie?”

 

“Mysterious girlie? What mysterious girlie?”

 

“It’s just a girl that Minjoo here took out on a date yesterday.” The brunette threw an unopened pack of butter at Sakura who again, successfully dodged it. “Only had been a day and damn, she’s already whipped.

 

Yena frowned at the lack of info that she didn’t know. The two roommates were obviously talking a lot more compared to her but it made her feel a little left out. Of course, she wouldn’t mention it to her friends. They would think that she’s some type of narcissist that craves attention from her gals. “Tell me the whole story and why this girl gets you trippin.”

 

“Ugh...fine. I’ll tell you.”




 

____________________________________________________________


 

"Yeah, I miss you too, mom," Minjoo says, rolling her eyes as she stops outside of the building that her class is in. It's the class she has with Yujin so she really wants to get inside before the actual class starts so that she can have time to talk to her. But of course her mother would call as she's walking to the class. And her mother tends to ramble on forever when she talks to her, ever since she went away to university. Minjoo's pretty sure she's not taking it too well. "Look, I really need to get to class, I'll call you later, okay?"

"You better! You haven't called me in two days! I want to know how everything is and what you've been up to!" The older woman responds, sounding a little hurt that her daughter had gone so long without trying to contact her.

Minjoo just rolls her eyes at her mother. "Mom, I've been busy, alright? I'm sorry but I don't exactly just have all the time in the world to sit around and talk. I'm in college now. I'm an adult." She says, shaking her head.

She hears her mother let out a sigh. "Is this about a boy? Or a girl? Did you meet someone?" She asks, and Minjoo groans.

"I'm hanging up now, mom." She says matter of fact. "I love you." She says before hanging up the phone. She puts it back in her pocket and heads inside, hoping she still has a little time to talk to still talk to her.

She reached her classroom door and suddenly, she heard a fire alarm go off. Minjoo was a bit startled but immediately relaxed as she assumed that it was probably a false alarm  and just watched as a crowd of people swarmed out of the classroom, heading out to the field. The brunette wanted to walk out with Yujin but it had been a few minutes but she still hadn’t seen her.

 

She probably missed her somehow.

 

Out of curiosity, Minjoo decided to check inside the class just in case. And just like that, she found her. Just not in a condition she’d prefer. The smile on Minjoo’s face quickly turned into a worried frown as she approached the girl who was on the ground, at the corner of the room. Her knees were pulled to her chest and she covered both of her ears with her hands, rocking back and forth while letting out faint sounds of distress. It terrified Minjoo for a while but she quickly snapped out of it and went closer.

 

“Yu-Yujin?” The brunette squatted down next to her but she didn’t seem to notice. The odd mumbling hadn’t stopped neither did the rocking. “Hey, hey. It’s gonna be okay.” She lifted her hands to put on Yujin’s shoulder but it made the girl more tense so she pulled away.

 

“Pl-please...stop.” Minjoo didn’t know what to do but she definitely wasn’t going to leave her like this. Not in this state. So, she tried to speak more soothingly.

 

“Hey, Yujin. It’s Minjoo. You’re gonna be alright.” The blue-haired still wouldn’t look at her. “I won’t let anything happen to you, okay? You’re safe with me, I’ll take care of you. Just...look at me, please?” She begged, hoping the girl won’t freak out.

 

After a few minutes, Yujin finally lifted her head up and looked at Minjoo. The fear in her eyes were evident and it torned Minjoo’s heart enough to make her tear up a little.

 

“Minmin?” She stuttered as she tried to take a closer look. The nickname made her feel surprisingly overwhelmed. Minjoo lifted her hand and slowly placed it on the latter’s knee, observing if there was any discomfort before letting it be.

 

“ Yes, it’s me. Just focus on me, okay?” She was trying to keep her together especially with the look Yujin’s giving her. “I’ll take us outside, alright? I’m going to help you.” 

 

Minjoo offered her hand and had to wait for a while before the taller finally grabbed it. The brunette wrapped her arms around her waist and slowly guided them both to the exit. They got outside and most of the students stared at them but honestly, why would Minjoo give a damn? So, she tried to find a spot a little further away where it was a little more quiet so that she could calm Yujin down.

 

They arrived at a space at the field and Yujin immediately collapsed on the grass, almost dragging Minjoo down with her if she didn’t catch herself. The girl just simply sat down next to her, watching her taking deep breaths.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

The blue-haired girl stayed quiet for a moment before chewing her inner cheeks. She took a glance to the brunette and Minjoo could see that her eyes were starting to water. “Do you think I’m a freak now too?” She asked, making the latter off guard.

 

Minjoo shook her head and furrowed her eyebrows. “What do you mean? Of course not.” She said sternly and reached out to grab Yujin’s hands. Yujin tensed up a little but it was better than before. “Hey, listen. You’re not a freak.”

 

“I’m autistic. Since birth.” Yujin quietly stated, expecting a disgusted expression from Minjoo but the latter just continued to grab her hand.

 

“Well, thank you for telling me that.” She responded simply, as it wasn’t a big deal to her. “Just so you know, you didn’t exactly have to tell me that.”

 

“I just-...that’s why-”

 

“Hey, hey. You don’t have to explain anything, okay? I’m not gonna judge you.” Minjoo gave her an assuring smile and slowly traced along her fingers. 

Her reaction was what Yujin had least expected but to be honest, it wasn’t that quite shocking. The brunette was a good person, she had assumed that the first time she met her and this just proved that it was a fact. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter