Coming Back To You

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: After their breakup, Ahn Yujin, the star of SOPA’s volleyball team, found herself walking through all the places they've gone to before. Reminiscing all the memories Minjoo and she has created, she found herself still loving Minjoo even though all the things Minjoo has done to her. Little did she know, there's something Minjoo didn't tell her yet. Would she find out what Minju has been keeping from her or ending up being in pain and heartbreak for her whole life without knowing what actually happened?

Word Count: 8162

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_ComingBackToYou

 

Coming Back To You

 

FRIDAY, 3.00 PM IN TRAVEL MAKER CAFE

 

"Minjoo?" Yujin calls out Minjoo's name, causing Minjoo to shift her gaze from her phone's screen to Yujin's eyes. Minjoo smiles at Yujin. Yujin smiles weakly as she knows it may be the last smile Minjoo will give her. "What is this?" Yujin shows Minjoo her phone's screen. Minjoo's eyes widened as she realized what was on Yujin's phone. "Yujin, it is not what it's-" "Stop it, Minjoo. Do you even love me all this time?" The red-haired girl lowers her head "Answer me, Minjoo." Yujin lets out a soft sigh and keeps her phone inside her pocket before she lifts Minjoo's face. "Answer me, Minjoo." "I love you, Yujin. But Chaewo-'' Yujin let go of Minjoo's chin and immediately stood up. "Enough, Minjoo. Let's break up." "Y-yujin..." "Live a happy life without me. I love you, Minjoo. I mean, Minjoo unnie, always." Yujin wears her cap and walks out of the cafe, leaving Minjoo sitting there while sobbing. "Let me explain first, Yujin."

 

9.00 PM IN YUJIN'S HOUSE

 

Yujin steps out from the bathroom with her baby blue sweater and her grey sweatpants, drying her blue hair with a mini towel. She throws herself on her comfy bed and takes her phone on the mini table beside her bed. As soon as she turns on her phone, she stares at her lock screen and slowly brushes her thumb on the screen. "I love you, Minjoo. But I think we're not destined together." Yujin lets out a heavy sigh and smiles weakly to the picture of her and her love, Kim Minjoo who is now in love with a better person, Kim Chaewon. "How can I live as one now that my other half is gone, Minjoo?"  Yujin suddenly feels something warm on her cheeks. She wipes it. Tears. "I love you, Minjoo." is all she said before she curls herself and lets out all the tears she's been holding on. She tries to hit her chest to lessen the pain but it just makes her heart break more, knowing that she is this heartbroken when she's the one who left Minjoo behind. 

 

She then cries herself to sleep that night, all heartbroken.

 

IN THE MORNING, SATURDAY 

Pain is the only way to describe what she is feeling right now. The girl was trying to open her eyes. At last, she finally manages to open her eyes. Staring at the blue ceiling, she immediately remembers about what happened yesterday. Her sight is getting blurry. “No, Ahn Yujin. Stop crying.” She then gets off from her bed before he takes her towel and goes inside her bathroom. Before she enters the shower, she stops in front of the mirror and stares at the reflection of herself. She let out a sad chuckle. Her hair is all messy, her face is full of stains from her tears and her eyes are puffy. “So, this is what people feel after a heartbreak, right?” She then steps inside the shower.

 

Yujin steps out from the bathroom with her dark blue hoodie and her training shorts, drying her blue hair with a towel. She turns on her phone and plays a playlist she created a long time ago but never played it. breakup hurts 3 is the name of the playlist. The first song started to play. 

 

“Because I love you because saying I love you Isn’t enough, no matter what word I say Leaving me, who cherished only you Where did you go Did you go far away Because you didn’t like me anymore” - Don’t Wanna Cry by Seventeen :”)

 

Yujin’s tears start falling down again as she hears the song. “You’re the only who I cherished, Minjoo. The only one I ever loved. Yet, you still managed to break my fragile heart.”, she mumbles alone.

 

To be honest, she doesn’t think that she has enough courage to do this, but deep inside her broken heart, she knows she wants this. She sheds her tears and stops the music. She changes her clothes to a pair of black jeans paired with a plain white shirt and her favorite black leather jacket. She puts on her baseball cap, to be exact Minjoo’s baseball cap, on her head and heads outside her house. She decided to just walk to her destination as the place is near. She walked and stopped in front of Minjoo’s house. “I should be calling you right now...” Suddenly, she can hear voices from inside the house. She quickly hides behind the tall tree near Minjoo’s house. “Minjoo, thank you for last night. It feels great to spend time with you.” “Stop it, Chaewon. You-'' Fearing what Minjoo says will end up hurting her, Yujin runs away from Minjoo’s house. She stops running after she’s out of breath. “I shouldn’t stop in front of her house earlier.” She thought to herself. She takes out her phone from her jacket’s pocket and turns on her baby blue Earpods and wears it. She scrolls down her Spotife and clicks her favorite playlist, healing session :”)) The first song starts to play. 


 

“You know those days Those days where you're sad for no reason Those days where your body is heavy And it looks like everyone else except you is busy and fierce My feet won't set off, though it seems like I'm already too late I'm hateful of the whole world” - Zero O’clock by BTS

 

BTS’ songs never failed to make Yujin’s heart feel at ease. She let out a heavy sigh and started walking again. Seeing her destination from afar, she let out a small smile, remembering the memories.

 

Flashback

 

Yujin and Minjoo are sitting on one of the benches at the park after having a walk while staring at the sky. Both of them are busy looking at their own phones, scrolling down through their own social media. After a few minutes, Yujin turns off her phone and taps Minjoo’s shoulder. Minjoo turns around and smiles at her. Minjoo realized that Yujin is sleepy based on her sleepy eyes. “Are you sleepy?” Yujin just nods, making Minjoo grins. She taps her laps and says “Lay here. Take a nap for a while and I’ll wake you up later” Letting out her smile, Yujin lands her head on Minjoo’s laps. Being a clingy she is, Yujin snuggles her face into Minjoo’s stomach. Minjoo just smiles at her and pats Yujin’s back. “Should I sing you a song, Yudings?” Yujin can’t hide her excitement and nods fastly. Minjoo clears her throats and starts humming. Yujin’s smile grew wider when she realized what song Minjoo was going to sing for her.

 

“Woo really really like you   I’ve been waiting for a long time ago With the sound of Spring that comes after the cold Winter Unknowingly, my heart that has been asleep is now running I am reminded of that time   I remember That day we first met I think we were very cold Cuz I’m with you Passing by the freezing Winter The sprouts grow   Really like you, please hold my hand tight Please don’t let go of this hand So we can dream while holding onto our warm hands I really like you, I really really like you Since I’m with you I am able to dream a brightly shining dream again tonight With you” - Really Like You by IZ*ONE

 

As she can feel Yujin’s soft breath on her exposed stomach. She stops singing and stares at the younger girl. “I love you, Yujin.”

 

15 minutes later, Minjoo realizes that it’s already past midnight. Softly, she calls out Yujin’s nickname. “Yudings, Yudings. Wake up~” Yujin sits up straight and opens her eyes half and gives Minjoo a smile accompanied by her dimples “Hm?” Minjoo suddenly lets out a soft chuckle. “Why are you laughing, MinMin?” Minjoo smiles and throws herself into Yujin’s embrace “Because I love you” 

 

End of flashback

 

Yujin found herself sitting at the exact bench where that scenario happened. She brushes the armrest using her thumb. There are her and Minjoo’s nicknames written there. 

 

‘MinMin <3 Yudaeng’

 

She smiles weakly and mutters “I miss your warmth, MinMin.” She stands up and decides to start moving to her next destination. As she was walking out of the park, she received a notification. She looks at it and gasps. It’s from Minjoo.

 

MinMin <3 Yujin? What is it, Minjoo unnie? MinMin<3 This is not Minjoo.  This is Chaewon. What more do you want, unnie? You already take Minjoo unnie away from me. MinMin<3 Stop talking to her.  Delete her number right now. Woah, what the hell? Why should I?  MinMin <3 Because you’re no longer her gf? Woah, I’m surprised with you, Chaewon unnie. Did you even get her permission to use her phone? MinMin <3 Well, she’s the one who asked  me to do so :) Wtvr

 

Yujin turns off her phone with annoyance visible on her face. Chaewon has always been a kind and fairy-like person with the others but definitely not with Yujin. She realized that Yujin likes Minjoo and vice versa. Yet, she still trying to take Minjoo away from Yujin. And now, she accomplished her mission. Yujin lost the fight. It was Yujin’s fault after all. She was always being busy with her school projects and her volleyball training since she’s the captain this year. Chaewon then takes her chance to spend more time with Minjoo. To be honest, Chaewon has always been there for Minjoo whenever she has problems recently. After all, it was Yujin’s fault. She hailed a taxi and entered it before she told the driver her destination. 

 

She has already arrived at her next destination, Lotte World. Where her first date with Minjoo was. Where she confessed her feelings toward the older girl. She paid for the entrance fee and walked inside. All the memories are playing in front of her eyes.

 

Flashback 

 

“Yudaeng, look over here.” Yujin turns around. click! Minjoo takes her photo. “Hey, I’m not ready yet!” “It’s okay, Yudaeng. You look beautiful here hahaha.” Minjoo laughs out loud when she sees Yudaeng's face after she shows her phone’s screen to the taller girl. “Unnie, we didn’t play anything yet but you already teased me huh?” Yujin let out a naughty grin. “Yaa, don’t you dare...” Minjoo steps backward as she knows Yujin planning something in her head. “COME HERE, UNNIE!!” Yujin runs to chase the older girl. 

 

Being the captain of SOPA’s volleyball team, she’s definitely faster than Minjoo. She reaches out her hand and grabs Minjoo’s black and white lined shirt. She begins to tickle the older’s waist, causing Minjoo to break out a loud laugh. People who walk passing by them just let out small chuckles before a stranger stopped in front of them. The two stopped whatever they’re doing and looked up. The stranger then gives them a sweet smile. “You two look good together. have a nice date~” Before they can explain, the stranger leaves them dumbfounded. “That was awkward...” They look at each other and break out a loud laugh again. “Me, dating you, unnie?” Yujin says sarcastically. Minjoo’s smile suddenly disappears. Confused, Yujin cups Minjoo’s cheeks. “Hey, what’s wrong?” “Nothing. Just wondering...” “Wondering about what?” “Wondering if someone will-” Knowing what the older girl is gonna say, Yujin covers Minjoo’s mouth to stop her from talking. “There’s someone who likes you, unnie. Trust me.” Yujin takes Minjoo’s hands and stares at her eyes. “Now, let’s go?” Yujin smiles widely, showing her dimples and turning her eyes into small crescents. This somehow automatically makes Minjoo smile too.

 

End of flashback

 

Yujin smiled in pain when she arrived in front of the hotdog’s stall where she and Minjoo had been. Where they have their first kiss together. She walks toward one of the empty seats and takes out her phone. She opens her Twitter and the first thing she sees makes her chest tighten. It’s Minjoo and Chaewon’s selca posted by Chaewon with the caption “with the love of my life <3” Her heart clenched knowing that Minjoo is not hers anymore. She was about to turn off her phone before a notification came. It’s from Wonyoung. 

 

Wonyo~ Yujin unnie, have you seen the picture? of course, wonyo:”) Wonyo~ Stay strong, unnie. Just know that I’ll always here to lend my shoulder for you~ thanks, baby bunny


 

Yujin smiles weakly. The younger girl was always with her since they were just toddlers. Yet, she’s the one who keeps on receiving. She rarely gives Wonyoung anything. Yet, the girl is still by her side, saying that she’s happy as long as Yujin is happy. Yujin feels so lucky to have someone like Wonyoung as her best friend. She strolls around the theme park for an hour more and decides to go home and continues her strolls tomorrow.

 

As soon as she reached her house, she went straight to her bedroom and threw herself on her bed. The loneliness caught her again. “Kim Minjoo, tell me how you can unlove me just like that when I’m here all crazy about you. You are my everything, Minjoo.” Yujin starts to talk to herself while staring at the ceiling. “I wonder if you’re having fun with Chaewon right now. I wonder if you’re missing me too. I wonder if you even remember our memories anymore.” She keeps on mumbling to herself until she falls asleep without her realizing it. 

 

SUNDAY MORNING 

 

Yujin again wakes up the next day because of the sunshine that blinding her vision this morning. Even though the brightening light is invading her bedroom, she wakes up with a gloomy face. She looks down at her clothes and realized that she doesn’t change her clothes yesterday. “Urgh damn it.” She reached for her phone and her eyes widened. There are nine 90 missed calls. 10 from each of her friends. there are also tons of messages. She decided to answer them later and take a shower first.

 

After taking a shower and dressing up, Yujin sits on her bed with a towel hanging on her neck. While drying her hair with her right hand, she grabs her phone and opens the Grabby app and makes her order. She then puts her phone inside her pocket and walks to the railing to hang the towel. She then proceeds to the kitchen and takes out a 3-in1 packet of coffee and pour it into a mug. While waiting for the water to boil, her eyes roam around her house. Her eyes abruptly stopped at the sofa. She walked towards the sofa and found Minjoo’s sweater laying on it. She let out a very heavy sigh. “Now, how could I return this to her?” She decided to just ignore it there first once she heard the boiler’s sound. She walks to the kitchen again and pours the hot water into the cup earlier. 

 

After drinking her coffee, Yujin goes upstairs and changes her clothes. While choosing the clothes, she thought to herself, "Why am I doing this? It will only bring me pains after all." After a few minutes, she thought to just go to the last place they've gone to as a couple. The latter then cancels the order and continues choosing her clothes. She decided to just wear a comfy and simple outfit. She takes her favorite blue sweater, a white shirt and black ripped jeans. After dressing up, she walks toward the door of her room before she takes a few steps backward to get Minjoo's cap. She then continues her way outside of her house. Suddenly, her phone rings. Without seeing who is the caller, she answers the call.  “Yujin?” Just by hearing the voice, she recognizes the caller straight away. “Yeah?” “Can you come here right now?” She looks at her watch and answers the caller. “Yeah. there’s nothing left to do right now...” her voice trailed down. She can hear the other side’s sigh. “I know you’re strong, Yujin” She ends the call and walks straight to the opposite way of where she supposed to go, heading to someone’s house.

 

As soon as Yujin arrived in front of the latter’s house, she knocks the door. Within a second, a duck-like face appears in front of her. “Yujinie~” The duck human jumps on Yujin and hugs her tightly. Yujin can only scoff by the older’s action. As soon as the girl breaks the hug, she pulls her golden retriever inside her house. She pushes the younger to the sofa and takes a seat beside her. “Are you alright, Yujin?”, Yujin shifts her gaze and locks her eyes with Yena’s. Tears start swelling from her tears duct. “To be honest, unnie, I don’t know.” Her voice cracked. Yujin gulped before she continues “Everything is messing up. I-isn’t this is another d-dream? I-i can’t live w-without her, unnie. I-” Feeling her heart is clenching, Yena pulls the latter into her embrace, patting Yujin’s head softly. “It’s okay, Yujin. I’m here for you. Let it all out, Yujinie.” Yena starts tearing up too. She never sees Yujin in this condition and it hurts her how it’s Minjoo who breaks this young girl’s heart. She never thought that Minjoo will fall in love with Chaewon. Even though she’s not in the school anymore but she knows that Chaewon is getting closer to Minjoo recently since Yena always waiting for Yujin after the younger’s volleyball’s training at school but no one including her expecting that Minjoo, the school’s angel who was head over heels with the great Ahn Yujin will easily fall in love with the newcomer, Kim Chaewon. How she wishes to undo the time so that she can prevent Chaewon from getting near Minjoo. 

 

“Unnie…” Yujin’s voice snapped her out from her thought. Yena breaks the hug and cups Yujin’s face. “What is it, Yujin?” Yujin’s face scrunched and there she goes again for another round of tears. Yena can’t help but cry along with Yujin.

 

After literally an hour of crying, the two finally stopped and now is cupping each other’s faces. They wipe each other’s tears and can’t help but laugh at each other’s messy faces. “You really look like a lost puppy, Yujin.” “Well, at least I’m the one who needs to cry. Why were you crying, unnie?” Yena pinches Yujin’s cheek before she replies, “How can I not cry, Yujin? My little sister is crying but I can’t do an-” Yena’s words were cut when Yujin pulls Yena into her embrace. “Thank you, unnie. I really owe you this time.” Yena chuckles and pats the younger’s head. “So, do you somehow feel better now?” The younger one nods her head and gives Yena her famous dimple smile. 

 

“Yujin?” Yujin who was busy stirring the hot choco stopped and shifted her gaze to Yena. “I don’t know how things can become like this but I can feel something wrong about this. Like, how can she suddenly change like that? She was talking about how you look cool when you were practicing three days ago and poof! She was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter