La Vie en Rose

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: In which a person is color blind making her to see her world in pink or red.

Word Count: 3895

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_LaVieEnRose

 

La Vie En Rose

 

18 November 2019   K I M M I N J U

 

I went out of my classroom and went to the school entrance knowing that you'd arrive exactly 10 minutes after I reach school. I checked my watch to see it showing 7:40am, meaning that there's still 20 minutes to talk and walk you to your class.

 

Since my room was located in the same floor as you, it became a habit of mine to wait for you daily and chat before classes officially started.

 

The classroom placements were convenient despite me being a year ahead of you in class, you being a sophomore and I as a junior, and that you were only 3 rooms away. Aside from that, your locker was directly beside mine which is the reason for the start of our friendship.

 

I remember that time when you were a freshman, one of the new kids in the school. You weren't exactly familiar with what was going on in college as it was indeed your first time there.

 

I saw you near your locker, struggling to find your classroom. You stood there wearing a white shirt and black leather jacket with a black skinny jeans along with some white Vans.

 

Wow. A fan of black and white huh? Seeing you with a frown was too much for me and I decided to help you out.

 

"Hi! I see you're new here, a freshman maybe?" I asked.

 

You were shocked too see me and were too shy so you immediately looked down but nonetheless answered with that cute voice of yours.

 

"Oh, uhm yes I am. Am I too obvious?" you asked sheepishly.

 

You were indeed standing out in the hallway as you were one of the few new freshman students who weren't familiar with the school.

"If you ever need any help, I'll be just right here" I told you.

 

You nodded as I proceeded to walk away but then you called me again.

 

"I- uhm may I ask your name?"

 

I smiled as I gave you my name.

 

"Minjoo. Kim Minjoo. I'm a sophomore"

 

"What a nice name! I'm Ahn Yujin. It's a pleasure to meet someone as kind as you on my first day!"

 

I smiled and decided to ask a casual question. "Are black and white your favorite?" I gestured towards your clothes and you nodded.

 

"Never a fan of light colors I'm afraid" you smiled.

 

Before we got to talk more however, the school bell rang signaling the start of classes.

 

"I'll see you around Yujin" I told you as I waved goodbye.

 

Since then, we would always meet up at each other's lockers and spend time during lunch with my friends on M-W-F days and yours at T-Th days. I liked our arrangement as we both got to meet new people during college.

 

It was nice seeing your friends because of their dynamic and endearing personalities. I found myself changing a bit due to your circle of friends and you yourself was also adapting my friends' childish and active behavior despite being in the middle of college.

 

Ever since that faithful day of meeting you, I've been different. Jollier, happier- you name it. I even started seeing the world in a different view. My world used to be filled with the gloomiest and darkest of colors

 

When you arrived, that instantly changed. For the first time in my life, I found something- no, someone that is worth living for. Academics were my only source of solace in life before you came. In a world full of judgmental people, I couldn't help but pretend to be a perfect student.

 

Staring blandly at books and papers kept me occupied which denied me of any freedom to myself. I can even consider myself lucky that I caught quite a few friends who accept me as I am. I may look like IDGAF about life, but that's just a facade to hide my true self. I'm lucky enough to be blessed with an extroverted personality.

 

ls it normal that I always see you in red and pink? Pink nor red were never my favorite, but why do you wear it all the time? Is that your new favorite now?

 

My thoughts stopped as I saw you gorgeously standing in the school grounds. There you were standing wearing a red turtle neck paired with a maroon colored trench coat that reached your knees along with your neat dark pink washed pants.

 

See? Pink and red? I kinda missed your black and white combo. You've been wearing both colors for a long time now but I never bothered to ask.

 

I was about to call you over when someone suddenly ran towards you and as she slipped, your hands immediately sliding through her waist catching the girl. I remember her. She was your science project partner, Jang Wonyoung.

 

Seeing you talk to her made me feel a pang of jealousy. You never told me that you're going to school with someone else.

 

She was recently assigned with you the past week but there's no surprise that you two immediately became good friends.

 

"Ah! Minjoo unnie!" You brought me out of my thoughts when you called me.

 

I greeted you trying not to have an awkward smile and gave your friend a wave.

 

"Unnie-yah I want to introduce my friend Wonyoung. She's my project partner that I told you about. And Wonyoung this is Minjoo unnie, a junior that I met last year." You introduced me  and I didn't forget to tell the reason why I'm there.

 

"Hey Yujin, it's almost time for classes. Do you want me to walk you to class?"

 

As I asked you, you immediately gave me a look of pity as you told me that you'll be walking with Wonyoung.

 

I can't help but be irritated as I wasted my time just to meet you. I was still wondering why I even bothered in the first place. I knew that this would eventually happen- you, finding a much better friend than me.

 

I could have easily forgotten you the moment we met but for some reason, your once bubbly persona was what attracted me to you. Ever since that day, I couldn't forget about you thus befriending you to spend more time alongside you.

 

Feeling a bit hurt, I agreed to you and went back to my class, wanting to drown myself in school lectures.

 

Finally lunch came and I rushed to your room, wanting to see you.

 

November 18 was a Monday and that meant you were to eat with me along with friends for lunch.

 

I told my friends to go to the cafeteria first and they offered to buy my food which I agreed to. I hurriedly went to your room to wait.

 

When I waited for you outside of your room, I didn't see you walk out. I've been waiting for quite a few minutes now and you still weren't out. I decided to ask your classmate on where you were. You didn't tell me beforehand on any lunchtime plans.

 

"Excuse me, do you know where Ahn Yujin went?" Once your classmate saw me, she immediately gave me a smile and told me you were with Wonyoung having lunch while working on your project.

 

I'm a bit shocked because you didn't tell me that you'd be spending time with your friend at lunch.

 

Having processed what I heard, I thanked your kind classmate for telling me your whereabouts and decided not to go and call you as you were busy.

 

25 November 2019

This continued on for a week. You never told me anything about your plans. I ruled out the possibility of you avoiding me because we've been good friends this past year, right?

 

You'd always tell me if there was a problem, be it something or someone. But, as I see you right now, I think you found another person to rely on. Someone- just someone, who would completely replace me.

 

Wonyoung would be a better choice of friends as she is the almost the same age and same year as you, meaning that you'd see each other 1 year more than we will. Also, how can I compare to your friend? She basically has everything.

 

Something inside me is telling me to leave, but I can't. All because I like you.

 

I've decided that tomorrow, I'll bring you to the rooftop to tell you how I feel.



 

26 November 2019

This is it. The day I've been waiting for. I hope that whatever your answer is, we'd still stay the same. Honestly, I'm afraid. Afraid of so many things.

 

What if you don't like me?

 

What if you prefer guys?

 

What if you like her more than me?

 

Then again, I've already talked to myself about this and would respect your decision.

 

I'd also specifically chose this date because I knew that you'd turn in your Science Project today. There wouldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter