Pleasure Ground

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: You know that feeling when it feels that you have anger with everything against the world and you decided to go somewhere to ease the thoughts, but instead of enjoying, you were caught in a ‘stinky’ (literally stinky) situation and made everything worse.

Word Count: 6229

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_PleasureGround

 

Pleasure Ground

 

~KIM MINJU~

We are currently studying at the library, I'm with my 4 crackhead friends and they're blabbering instead of studying, while me? I'd rather keep on studying to maintain my grades.

"Guys, let's go to the amusement park," Hitomi, the cheeky Japanese girl asked us and the rest agreed.

"Oh sure I agree!" The shorty named Nako.

"Let's go, let's go. I love the idea at least we can cool down from stress after the exams," the duckhead slash hag number 1, Yena eonnie said.

"At least we can eat amusement park food like corndogs, popcorns, burgers and some churros," The glutton slash hag number 2, Hyewon eonnie exclaimed.

I was a loner before but I met the Japanese friends when they transferred here, learning a bit of Japanese and English I communicated with them but months passed we can communicate in Korean and I became friends with our seniors which is Hyewon and Yena eonnie.

"How about you Minju chan?" Nako asked me

"Yeah, you rarely join us, you always hangout with your books."

"You miss a lot of tea when you're not joining us."

"Please go with us."

"Please Minju ya~."

"Okay fine! Fine I'm coming!" I decided to join because I felt guilty and it's true that I seldom go out with them to hangout.

And yes all I did was study and I don't even know what the outside world looks like, I just hang out with them if we're celebrating something.

"Ya~ is this for real?" Hitomi asked as I gave her a nod and a smile.

"We're gonna have fun, for sure, especially Minju's here," Nako said.

"Well not you, there's a height requirement to ride some rides," Yena teased.

"You're not even a 5 footer," Hyewon chuckled as Nako got her notebook, ready to slam it on the hags' faces and it made us laugh because it's cute.

"I swear I'm going to get taller, taller than all of you," Nako said as she stood on a chair and pointed us.

We burst into laughter while Nako pouted, still standing at the chair but we cracked up more when the librarian came.

"The chair is for sitting, not for standing!" The librarian shouted and Nako sat down and apologized.

Today is the day, the amusement park day, we're leaving at 6PM and go home at midnight. My parents agreed since I have adults who will bring me home safe and sound.

I dressed up with some denim shorts and graphic tee, I brought some few money and went down to wait for Yena.

Minutes later, a yellow car arrived. It's Yena's car, I bid my parents goodbye

"Woah Minju, it's been a while since we saw you wearing casual clothes," Hitomi said.

"You have a good sense of fashion though," Nako complimented as I thanked her.

The amusement park is on the seaside, like those you see on American movies, it's like a pier or is it a pier?

It was weekend so it took time for us to find a parking spot and we went there to get some tickets.

There are several of people in the amusement park. Kids with their parents, couples, friends. Everyone has a companion and it seems that it's more fun when you have someone to share happy memories with.

Is anyone here alone? I couldn't tell to be honest. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of people in this place, how am I supposed to know who's alone.

I'm starting to fall in love with the place. The lights symbolizes hope, the different colors symbolizes happiness, but why do amusement parks open at night? 

Maybe the night symbolizes the dark experiences of a human being? The problems?

And the fact it was built on a seaside, near the sea. For me, looking at the sea makes everything peaceful, you know?

The waves slamming on the sand.

Walking on the sand, with barefoot.

Holding hands with someone you love and sitting on the sand, talking about life.

Sounds peaceful right?

Amusement Parks symbolizes that you can find hope, peace and happiness. Despite of all the downfall you had in your life, when everything turned back to you, when you're blinded by darkness. There's light, waiting for you, giving you hope. The light that will turn your bitter nights into sweet one.

“Let's eat first, shall we?” as usual, Hyewon asked as we went to a seat near a food stall.

“What do you want to eat?” Hyewon asked.

“Fried chicken!”

“Cheese hotdogs.”

“Churros!”

“Milkshakes!”

“Bring out your cash, I can't afford to buy it all alone,” Hyewon showed her palm as we gave her money as she went with Yena eonnie to buy food.

“What are we going to ride first?” Hitomi asked.

“Since we ate, let's take moderate rides first,” Nako suggested.

“Maybe some carnival games? Let's get some plushies,” I suggested as the two frowned, what did I do?

“Those are rigged, what a waste of money,” Nako said

"Yeah, those are rigged!" Hitomi complained.

"Maybe you don't know how the system works, let's play it later," I told them, I studied how to play them before going here.

Few minutes later, the hags came back with trays of food on hand, we took some pictures of it first.

"Minju ya, why do you take food pictures closer? It's a weird angle," Hyewon complained, I always take pictures of my food close, well I get that complain a lot.

"This is Minju's style, shut up," I kept my phone on my pocket as I started eating.

I ate a lot, but Hyewon ate more. We finished eating as we started walking around, there are a lot of stalls.

We bought some headbands too. Yena bought the ducky headband, Hyewon bought a halo headband, and ugh it doesn't suit for a demon like her. Hitomi bought a mochi character while Nako bought a cat ears headband.

While me? I bought a Pepe frog headband, because they said it resembles me.

We went to the game booth and tried the carnival games and I get a lot of prizes so I kept it on the bag and the 4 are watching me play.

As I looked behind me, I can't find any of the four, I even left my phone in the locker and I don't know the password of that locker.

I came to the realization that...

I'm lost in this huge place.

I tried to look for them but this would be hard, it’s hard to look for the Hyewon since there are a lot of people who wears a halo headband and the fact that Yena and Hitomi are hard to find because they are short but Nako is a dwarf, how am I supposed to find them?

 

~AHN YUJIN~

“Amusement Park: The Place Where Everyone Can be Happy” I went here already for a few nights, and I realized, I can't be happy anymore, I would never be happy with the accompaniment of others. Solitude is the perfect word, instead of loneliness. Loneliness sounds pitiful so it is solitude, I’ll use this opportunity to reflect on my shortcomings.

Everyone here has a companion. A family, friend, squad or a lover. I used to have a companion, I had a lover. She was the most perfect woman, yes in past tense because it already happened in the past.

Kim Chaewon was the only girl that made me happy, she's the reason why I enjoyed this place but it's making me feel bad again, everything here reminds me of her. The stars, the food, the balloons and the rides. I only love her, she’s my life, and my world revolves around her.

But she cheated on me, replaced me for a Japanese girl. After that. I started to isolate myself with the world, I preferred to be alone. I don’t think I can love someone else the way I love Chaewon, she’s one of a kind.

I know the world did nothing but why do I have grudges against it? It feels everything is against me, luck is not on my side. All I experienced was pain, rejection and heartbreak, what did I do in my past life to deserve this?

I don't want anyone to interfere, no one's going to ruin my time alone. All I want is solitude, I just want to be alone.

If anyone interferes, I don't know anymore.

I went to a stall and bought some corndogs and cola for myself, I also bought another one, and Chaewon loves it. I remember her clinging to me and acting cute so I can treat her hotdogs but the truth is I just used it as an excuse to see her act cute.

Oh wait... she's gone, so I ate it. Why did I even bought another one? Why can’t I wake up to the reality that she doesn’t love me anymore. When will I stop this bull?

"Baby let's go there."

"Yujin ah look at the stars, they remind me of your eyes because they shine so bright."

"Let's buy Mint Choco ice cream."

“Yujinnie let’s go there to those kiddie airplane rides.”

“Baby let’s walk on the beach, shall we?”

“Yujin ah let’s take some pictures.”

“I love you Yujin ah, I will never leave you.”

Why can I hear her voice, am I this desperate? My eyes are sweating, what’s going on? I just miss her so much and I want her to comeback. I need my Ssamu back.

I even wore her hoodie, it still smells like her, I would never let anyone ruin the smell of this hoodie, I want her mint scent to stay in this jacket. Wearing this jacket makes me feel that she’s still with me, enjoying the night in the amusement park.

As soon as I finished my hotdogs, I went to the bump car alone and these 4 girls are bumping my car and it’s getting annoying. One girl is wearing a duck headband, one is wearing a halo, while the other is wearing a mochi something and the other is wearing cat ears. They’re bumping my goddamn car and they’re laughing at me and this is getting on my nerves. The ride finished and I went to them, still laughing at me.

“If you want to have fun, have it with someone else and not me,” I bluntly told them as they started to gossip.

“Kid, you’re at an amusement park, you’re supposed to have fun,” The girl in halo said as I chuckled bitterly.

“I don’t ing care if this is an amusement park, a place of amusement, don’t meddle with other people’s lives,” I rolled my eyes and stormed off, as I find a new ride to go to.

Bull... plain bull.

I was looking for a ride and I decided to go to a roller coaster, the line was long so it took too long but I got in. I used to get scared and Chaewon teases me because I’m scared but not anymore. I became braver because of Chaewon.

When it reaches on the top, it drifts downward as I screamed.

“I’LL BE OKAY WITHOUT YOU KIM CHAEWOOOOOOOOON.”

“YOU JEEEEEEEERKKKKKK.”

“I STILL LOVE YOUUUUUUU.”

The ride finished and it seems that my eyes are sweating, did I miss her that much? I remember her letting me sit on a bench and take care of me, she waits for me until I’m okay.

I went to fall in line to the Viking ride and the queue was way longer than the roller coaster ride.

 

~KIM MINJU~

It’s been almost 2 hours and I still can’t find them, I rode all the kiddie rides except the extreme rides. I was lost, batting my head from left to right, trying to look for them but I saw someone. 

She looks lonely, she’s tall, her hair is dark blue and it’s long and she looks cool. She has long legs, pointy nose, pouty lips and a good sense of fashion. Who wouldn’t be interested in checking out a girl like her? So I decided to follow the girl to─ wait a minute???

Chottomatte imnida?? It’s the freaking Viking ride? And I can’t ride it well.

But for the sake of love, we’re going for it. The girl has a pointed nose and pretty eyes, but I can see sadness in her eyes, she tends to hide her sadness by anger but the eyes never lies. I went to the queue of the ride as if I lined for the death row, it looks so damn scary by watching people ride it, what more by riding it? 30 minutes passed and the pretty girl went in, as if she’s not interested.

The ride was slowly filling by people when...

“We need one more to ride, who wants to volunteer,” I quickly raised my hand as I skipped through the line and the available seat is...

Beside the pretty girl, she was sitting on the corner and I’m on her left making me sandwiched between this flirty couple on my left and the pretty girl. The bell rang, meaning the ride is starting, I started to scream as the pretty lady glared at me.

“Would you shut up, will you?” The pretty girl─ no scratch that the pretty grumpy girl complained at me.

“It’s my first time,” I told her as she rolled her eyes and the ride continues.

Remember that feeling whenever you ride swings when you were a kid? And your playmate is swinging it higher but 5 times higher. At the first minute of the ride I was giggling because it’s cold and it feels nice but the ride went high and I started to scream, I intentionally held onto her hand as she held mine as well but she let go and swatted my hand away.

“I’m sorry, I’m scared.”

“Then you shouldn’t have rode this ride if you’re scared... you coward.” 

Grumpy, the ride went higher and higher as I screamed looking down as the ride slows down, I can feel my vomit rising through my throat. The ride finished as I...

Vomited and the worst thing is...

I vomited on the pretty grumpy girl’s shirt...

I’m so ed up...

She’s glaring at me, should I run away?

But the problem is I have barf all over my shirt.

The ride operator assisted me and I can’t speak due to embarrassment and this girl is glaring at me and probably ready to kill me anytime.

“What the did you just do on my hoodie?? You ruined it! Ugh you’re so disgusting!” The girl shouted at me as I started to tear up.

“I’m sorry miss, it’s not my intention to barf on you, and I’ll just wash your hoodie... I’m really sorry!” I pleaded to her but she just rolled her eyes, again.

~AHN YUJIN~

Disgusting, the only word to describe what happened today. This stranger just puked on the hoodie that my girlfriend─ ex-girlfriend own and the only piece of her that reminds me of her. 

“What the did you just do on my hoodie?? You ruined it! Ugh you’re so disgusting!” I shouted at her, well of course it’s natural.

She started to tear up, her coping mechanism is just lame. Does she think I’ll fall for it? Hell no.

“I’m sorry miss, it’s not my intention to barf on you, and I’ll just wash your hoodie... I’m really sorry!” She pleaded to her but I just rolled her eyes, nonsense.

“That hoodie is sentimental for me, I don’t wash it! It’s irreplaceable,” I shouted at her as my tears fell, not in front of this weird woman who ruined my night.

“Disgusting, you don’t wash your hoodies? Ewww unhygienic~” She was the one who cause trouble and she has the guts to i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter