A Love to Remember

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: An unexpected twist and turns of events made Minju forget a very important part of her life. Will Minju be able to remember her past memories before it gets too late? Or will she truly forget about it and live a new life?

Word Count: 8416

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_ALovetoRemember

 

A Love to Remember

 

The moment that Minju stepped on Yujin’s apartment, only shouting, crying, and sobs were heard. Yujin’s voice was practically the loudest sound that can be heard from her apartment.

 

“I allowed you to go to that school because you said that it was your dream to study there. And at a perfect timing, the day I went to visit you, I saw you kissing Chaewon!” Yujin shouted, making Minju cry even more.

 

“Yujin, please, let me expla—” Minju pleaded.

 

“I don’t want to hear any of your excuses! I saw it with my own two eyes! I’m not blind Minju!”

 

“I know what it looks like, but I promise you, it wasn’t like that.” Minju tried explaining as she tried to grab Yujin’s arms.

 

Yujin harshly pulled her arm away from Minju. “Then what does it look like? Don’t lie to me Minju. Even Wonyoung saw what you two were doing!”

 

Minju couldn't form any words since she's crying very hard. All that you can hear was her sobbing.

 

"You promised me that we will make this long-distance relationship work! You even told me that you'll wait for me since we're going to be studying at the same school once I graduate high school! But looking at what you two were doing, you weren't waiting for me! You finally replaced me with another person!" 

 

"Yujin-ah, please let me explain." Minju used all her strength to form those words. 

 

"I don't want to hear any of your excuses Minju! We're just going to go running in circles. You'll explain and then I'll get mad again." Yujin said, trying to contain the tears coming out from her eyes. 

 

"I'm done Minju. We're done. Don't ever talk to me again." Yujin said while walking away. 

Minju couldn't do anything. She was too weak to function and she couldn't even process everything that happened. 

 

"Please, leave now." Yujin said above whisper. 

 

Minju decided to do the what's best. She decided to give Yujin some space. Minju left Yujin's apartment, still crying. 

 

She rode her car on the way back to the dorm that she was sharing with Chaewon. As Minju was driving on the way back, she couldn't stop blaming herself. She was angry and sad at the same time. 

 

"Why?! Just why did I let Chaewon kiss me?! I know that she likes me but I never wanted to be with her! She's my friend and I have Yujin. Why?!" Minju kept hitting the steering wheel as she kept asking questions to herself. 

 

Minju is drowned with all her thoughts. It's difficult for her to process those past happenings in her life. From when Chaewon kissed her, up to when Yujin broke up with her. Minju was so emotional right now and driving all alone isn't safe for her. 

 

"I'm so stupid!!! Why did I let this happen!!! You're so stupid Minju!!" She kept hitting her head as she said those words. 

 

Minju is passing through an intersection, because of her emotions getting the best out of her, she didn't notice that there was another car coming from her right side. When the other car honked its horn, that's when reality hits Minju. She was going to get into a car crash. 

 

It was too late. Minju’s car crashed.

 

***

At that night, Yujin couldn't sleep. She feels different. She feels guilty and worried at the same time. There's this feeling that is telling her that something is wrong. 

 

At the exact moment, Yujin's phone rang. She went to check who the caller is and she saw it was Eunbi. 

 

"Yujin." Eunbi's voice is very low.

 

Yujin couldn't comprehend why Eunbi is acting like this. 

 

"Unnie, what is it? Why are you like that? What's the problem?" Yujin said, desperate for answers. 

 

"It's Minju." 

 

"Why? What happened to her?" 

 

"She got into an accident." Yujin couldn't believe the words that she heard. She dropped her phone and started crying. 

A few minutes passed, she picked up her phone. Luckily, Eunbi is still on the line. Eunbi knew that this is all hard for Yujin to take in, that's why she gave Yujin some time before talking to her. 

 

"Where are you? Is she d..d..de..ad?" Yujin said while stuttering. 

 

"We're not yet sure. There's no one coming out yet from the operating room. Yujin, Minju needs you. Go to the nearest hospital. We're here. Minju's here." 

 

Yujin hurriedly went to her car without minding that it's 1:00 in the morning. She wouldn't let Minju die. She would NEVER let her die.

 

***

 

Yujin arrived at the hospital after 10 minutes. She immediately went to find the others. She ran towards the operating room, only to find everyone outside, waiting. Yujin didn't talk to anyone. She immediately went to the glass window which Minju can be seen. She held the glass window, crying, thinking that it was all her fault. 

 

"Yujin-ah, don't cry. Minju's a strong girl. She'll get through this." Eunbi said as she approached Yujin. 

 

"No, no, this is my fault." The tall girl said without explaining why it was her fault. "None of this is your fault Yujin. It was an accident." The eldest said trying to make Yujin feel a little bit better. 

 

Instead of saying anything, Yujin wrapped her arms around Eunbi. That's when her tears started to fall. Everyone looked at her with pity, knowing that the love of her life was at stake. 

 

Yujin felt like her tears were about to wear out. She let go of Eunbi's arms and continued staring at Minju through the glass window. "Minju, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that I wasn't there by your side to protect you." Yujin said above whisper, only letting those words be heard by herself. 

 

Minutes have passed, the doctor came out from the operating room. Everyone hurriedly went to the doctor to hear what he was about to say. 

 

"Kim Minju." The doctor said while reading Minju's driver's license. "Are you Kim Minju's friends?" 

 

Eunbi spoke for all of them. "Yes, we're her friends. Is Minju okay?" Eunbi asked worriedly. 

 

"The car that hit Minju's car didn't made a huge impact. But sadly, Minju's not in a good state right now. She have minor bruises though she doesn't have any major wounds that can cause some major damage." 

 

Everyone was immediately relieved when they heard the doctor's words. Though they immediately got worried when the doctor added something. 

 

"The bad news is that Minju is going to have an amnesia. Apparently, the way on how they found her car that is crashed, it somehow managed to hit her head hard. As what we are talking inside the operating room, anyone of you can't force her to remember all the memories that she have. It will only cause more damage to her brain since she will be forced to remember you all." 

 

Some gasped at what the doctor said, while some are crying, thinking that maybe Minju will totally forget them. But it was the opposite for Yujin, she still blamed herself for what happened. She wanted Minju to forget their relationship. She wanted Minju to forget HER.

 

***

 

After a few hours of waiting, Minju finally woke up. Yujin was standing at the glass window for hours now, and at that moment, she was the first one to see Minju wake up. She immediately went to the nurses' desk to tell them about their patient waking up. The other girls were shocked because of this. They all went to the glass window to see what's happening. 

 

"Yah, Minju-yah, please try to remember us." Chaewon said with a little bit of hope. 

 

They were all watching Minju as she talked with the doctor. Everyone's at awe, just watching her, talking there, while laying down on the bed. When the doctor went outside to talk with them, they are already at the door waiting for him. 

 

"How is she?" Eunbi asked. 

 

"Just like what I said, she's got amnesia. She can't remember what happened and how it happened." The doctor said seriously. 

 

They were all feeling sad since this means that Minju forgot all of them. 

 

"Though there is something that she told me, when she saw all of you, she was asking if Chaewon is here? Is there someone here who's named Chaewon?" 

 

"Of course, she's the only person that Minju remembers. She's her last kiss anyway." Yujin thought to herself. 

 

Chaewon stepped forward and raised her hand. "She wants to see you now." The doctor said. 

 

Chaewon went inside with the doctor. They were all watching what's happening from the outside. Yujin doesn't know what to feel. She doesn't know whether to feel angry, sad, or jealous. Minju suddenly hugged Chaewon which caught her off guard. Yujin couldn't take it. She walked away without saying anything. 

 

"Yujin-ah, are you okay?" Wonyoung asked but Yujin ignored her. 

 

Yujin went to the bathroom, luckily, it was already 3:00 in the morning and no one was inside with her. Yujin couldn't stop her tears from falling; she was already crying. She knew that she broke up with Minju. She knew that she still loves Minju. She knew that what she did was totally wrong. She kept crying, until Wonyoung entered. 

 

"Yujin-ah, what's wrong? Is there something wrong?" Wonyoung asked, concern can be heard from her tone. 

 

"Nothing's wrong Wonyoungie. I'm just really happy that Minju's awake." 

 

"Don't worry, Minju's still recovering. Chaewon's the only person that she remembered because they've been friends for so long. I'm sure that in no time, she'll remember the love of her life." Wonyoung said while hitting Yujin with her elbow lightly with a wink in the end. Yujin chuckled. 

 

"Thank you. I feel so much better now that you're here." Yujin said while smiling a little. 

 

"What would you do without me?" Wonyoung said, laughing a little. 

 

"Come here." Wonyoung wrapped Yujin in a tight hug. Despite all the effort that Wonyoung did in order to comfort Yujin, Yujin is still drowned in her thoughts. She tried pushing all that thoughts away since what's important right now is that Minju is now okay.


 

***

 

Days have passed, Minju is still at the hospital, recovering. Chaewon was always by her side. She even explained what happened with Minju at their school which made Minju excused from all the lessons and activities that she needed to do. Minju is starting to remember her memories. She remembered all her family members. She also remembered some of her friends, although she still can't recognize Sakura, Wonyoung, and Yujin. Of course, Minju would hardly remember Yujin since that's what Yujin wants. Currently, they are all gathered at Minju's room at the hospital. 

 

"Minju-yah, tomorrow's going to be the day that you're going to be discharged!" Eunbi said, making everyone cheer. 

 

"That's nice, but I'm still worried that I won't be able to remember everything." Minju said while pouting. 

 

"Don't worry, we'll help you remember everything." Chaewon said while hugging Minju. 

 

"Let's start with those three girls at the back." Yena said jokingly, pointing at Yujin, Wonyoung, and Sakura. The three smiled slyly. 

 

Chaewon was the one pointing who's who since she's next to Minju. "The one who looks like a real-life anime is Sakura. Sakira unnie, please raise your hand." Sakura raised her hand and went to introduce herself to Minju, as if it was their first time meeting. 

 

"Hi I'm Sakura, I hope you'll remember me well." Sakura said while bowing, making the others laugh. 

 

"The tall hottie there is Wonyoung. She's the maknae out of all of us." Wonyoung waved her hand and went to introduce herself to Minju as well. 

 

"I'm just going to hug you since we already know each other and I know that you're going to remember me somehow." Wonyoung hugged Minju and went back to sit down. 

 

"And lastly, that pretty girl over there is Yujin." Yujin went to introduce herself. "Oh by the way, she's your girl--" Yujin stopped Yena from finishing her sentence by saying, "Friend. I'm one of your closest friends." Everyone seemed shocked and Yena looked at Yujin weirdly. 

 

Yena cleared and began to speak again. "Again, she's your girl--" Yujin held Yena's mouth to stop her from talking. 

 

"She really doesn't have anything to say." Yujin said, smiling at Minju. 

 

"Ohh, okay. Nice to meet you again, Yujin." Minju said politely. 

 

Everyone was still staring at Yujin, waiting for her to explain. "Well, look at the time. It's already lunch time. Can you excuse us for a sec? We're just going to the cafeteria." Yujin said while gesturing everyone to go outside. 

 

"Call us if you need anything." Chaewon told Minju as she was the last one to leave the room. 

 

"You guys at reading signals you know." Yujin said as they were already outside Minju's room. 

 

"What was that all about?" Chaeyeon asked Yujin. 

 

"Didn't you guys remember what the doctor told us? He said that we shouldn't force Minju to remember all her memories. We already introduced ourselves and I think that's enough. Letting her know that I'm her girlfriend is not necessary at the moment." The others nodded at what Yujin said. 

 

"Well then, when should we tell her?" 

 

"We shouldn't. We should let her remember it all by herself. Besides, it's not important anyways." Yujin said the last part in a voice that only she could hear. 

 

"We're not really going to eat lunch are we?" Hyewon asked. 

 

"No, we're not." Sakura said nonchalantly. 

 

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go back inside, Minju still haven't fully recovered. We wouldn't want her to stay there all by herself, right?" Chaewon said. Somehow, this made Yujin irritated since Chaewon is starting to act like Minju's girlfriend. 

 

Minju was surprised when they were already back. It has been 3 minutes since they went outside to go get their lunch. 

 

"You guys are already done?" Minju asked with an amazed expression. 

 

"Umm yeah, the food here is nice. We only ate like, half of it." Yuri said sarcastically. 

"Woah, maybe I should learn how to eat like you guys. You all ate very fast, maybe if I learn to eat that fast, my parents would allow me to hang out with all of you earlier than usual." Minju said excitingly. 

 

"Hehe, don't worry, we'll teach you once you get home." Nako said, trying to go with it. 

 

"Oh by the way, the day after tomorrow is already Wonyoung's birthday and also, the day after that is Yujin's birthday!" Yuri said, making everyone cheer. 

 

"What should we do on your birthday then?" Eunbi asked Yujin. 

 

"Since it's our birthday, Yujin and I decided that we should go to a theme park since it's been a while since we hang out together. And also, we wanted to make everyone happy and to enjoy themselves since Minju's coming with us!" 

 

The girls cheered, except for Chaewon. "Isn't it a little too soon to let Minju come with us?" Chaewon asked, worry evident on her voice. 

 

"Nah, we wouldn't be complete without her and besides, the doctor said that she has amnesia though she doesn't have any major injuries so why hinder her to have a good time with us?" Wonyoung said confidently. 

 

"Well, okay. Is that okay for you Minju?" Chaewon asked Minju.

 

“For me, it’s totally fine since I think you guys can help me remember some of my memories but I’m not sure about my parents. I’ll have to ask them first.”

 

“That’s fine by me! Just let me know if you’re going to come or not since Yujin and I will plan everything ahead of time.” Wonyoung said.

 

“Okay okay, everyone, that’s enough. Let us let Minju rest for a while, without all the noise coming from us.” Eunbi said, dragging the other girls outside the room.

 

“Bye Minju, rest well~” Chaewon said while kissing Minju’s forehead.

 

***

 

It was finally Wonyoung's birthday. The next day is also going to be Yujin's birthday that's why they decided to celebrate their birthday together with their friends. Wonyoung decided to celebrate their birthday at Everland. Fortunately, everyone is present that day. Minju was allowed to come with them. Her parents just told her to always be careful. 

 

"Woooo, we're finally here!" Wonyoung cheered as she got off the van that they were riding. 

 

"Come on everyone! Move faster! We don't have all day!" Wonyoung said, excitement evident in her voice. 

 

"Jeez Wonyoung, you're acting like a child." Yujin said as she got off the van. Wonyoung pouted.

"This is our birthday celebration. You're supposed to be happy and excited! Stop being a kill joy!" She replied to Yujin as she made her voice sound like a child. 

 

Yujin doesn't really want her birthday celebration to be like this. Yes she wants to celebrate her birthday with her friends, but what she didn't like is that Chaewon is acting like Minju's "girlfriend". Every move that Minju makes, Chaewon is always right by her side as if she was going to catch her. "For God's sake, Minju is fine! She's not an old lady always in need of help!" Yujin thought to herself as she watched Chaewon helping Minju to get off the van. What irritates her more is that Minju still can't remember her that well; not as her girlfriend of course because she didn't want that. Minju only knew that Yujin is one of her friends since that's what she told her. 

 

"Come on, let's go!" 

 

Some of them ran to the entrance all by themselves leaving the others. Wonyoung, Minju, Yena, Chaewon, Hitomi, and Nako were those people who ran excitedly just like how a child would act. 

 

"Children." Eunbi said while moving her left from left to right acting as if she is the mother those girls. The other girls laughed. "I know right." Yuri said. 

 

Wonyoung distributed their tickets and luckily, there weren't a lot of people there since they went very early. 

 

"What should we ride first?" Wonyoung asked them. 

 

"Oh oh oh, we should ride that rollercoaster over there!" Yena said pointing at the rollercoaster near them. 

 

"You sure? I don't think everyone wants that. You know that some of us are afraid of heights." Eunbi said. 

 

"I'll go ask them. Anyone in favor in riding the rollercoaster first?" 

 

Everyone raised their hands, except for Yujin. "Yah, Yujin-ah, you don't want to ride the rollercoaster with us?" Yena asked. 

 

"I'm not really in the mood to ride the rollercoaster right now. I'm just going to find another thing to do." 

 

"Well then, suit yourself. Come on guys, let's go." Yena said, gesturing everyone to follow her. "Wait wait wait, we can't let Yujin roam around all by herself." Eunbi said. 

 

"I think Minju should come with her." Chaeyeon suggested. "Besides, their girlfriends after all." Yujin shot Chaeyeon a glare which resulted to Chaeyeon raising her hands in surrender. 

 

Thanks to the noise of the theme park, Minju didn't hear what Chaeyeon said. "Minju-yah, Chaeyeon is calling you." Sakura said as she patted Minju's shoulders. 

 

"Huh? What? Ohh, Chaeyeon unnie, do you need something." 

 

"Umm, nothing. It was a stupid idea after all hehe." Chaeyeon said awkwardly. 

 

"Yeah it was stupid. Yujin couldn't handle Minju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter