Two Days

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Yujin was able to write her own future because of a mysterious book she found. She asked for happiness, not knowing that she wouldn’t be able to let ‘her happiness’ go when the time ended.

Word Count: 4500

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_TwoDays

 

Two Days

 

Are you satisfied with your life right now? I believe that every person in this world deserve to be happy. We should be happy and share that happiness to other people, but the reality fails us. We often feel hurt more than we should. That’s why many people hurt each other because in order to feel happy, someone else has to bear the sadness or we’re the ones who bear the sadness so the others can feel happy. 

 

I will ask you this question, if you can write and plan your own future even though it’s just for 3 days, what will you write so you can be happy? What is your source of happiness? Toward the end of it, will you be selfish just to let your happiness stay?



 

Yujin was sitting in front of her brown desk, turning the page of her thick biology book. She tried to understand the meaning of every uncommon words she saw and her determination could be seen by how much she was sweating. Although the AC in her room was ON, her face didn’t show it.

 

The girl decided to take a break. She leaned against her chair while taking off her glasses and put it on her desk. She just noticed how long she had been slouching. “I need to fix this habit…. This isn’t good for my posture” she said to herself

 

Just when she was about to use her phone, a familiar voice called her by her name. She guessed that it was her mother’s voice calling for her from the first floor, since her room on the second floor. Yujin grabbed her phone and put it in the right pocket of her training pants before walking toward the first floor. From the middle of the staircase, she could see her parents sitting on the couch with…. unpleasant face and with that, she knew about what her parents were going to talk.

 

She prepared herself and sat on the couch facing both her father and her mother. “I called your university this morning and asked for your GPA. They told me that your GPA for the second semester 3,7. Tell me, Yujin. Are you satisfied with that? Mr. Ahn started. “Your sister always gets above 3,9 all the time. Why can’t you be like her? You’re such a disappointment” now it was Mrs. Ahn.

Satisfaction? Disappointment? Good GPA? Yujin knew that good GPAs were needed for her future. She’s not trying to be childish, but she did try hard. She studied longer than the others that even she was confused about why she couldn’t get higher scores. She remembered telling her parents when she got 100 on her tests and what she received was a simple ‘hmm’ as if it’s a normal thing, but so many scoldings and comparisons for getting less than a perfect. 

 

She couldn’t find any reason to protect herself, so she just said, “I’m really sorry. I will do better next time”. She said it while hanging her head low. Her father shook his head and said, “You’ve said that in the first semester when you got 3,65. At this point, you’ll get 4,0 in the last semester”

 

Once again, Yujin just could say sorry. Mr. Ahn stood up and ordered her to buy some cans of beer at the convenience store near their house. 

 

“Be useful for once, will you”



 

And just like that she found herself walking on the quiet street. She swung the groceries which were tied with her right hand while humming to her favorite song. She would sometimes jump around when it’s the highlight of the song. Yujin was supposed to be like this. The image she couldn’t show to anyone because of the pressures from people around her. It’s just amazing how this side of her hadn’t disappeared yet.

 

Eventually, she started to feel tired and decided to walk normally. Yujin kept on looking at the sky though there weren’t many stars that night. When she heard the sound of an airplane, she looked up just to see something was falling from the sky. The sky was dark, but the street lamps were able to help her to locate the exact place where the falling object would land. After hearing a sound indicating that the object had fallen, she looked at her surroundings before walking towards the object. 

 

“I feel like having the same incident when ‘that person’ gets his death note. Should I take a look?”

 

Her curiosity killed her fear. Yujin kept on walking toward the object until she realize that it was a book. In a few glances, there’s nothing wrong with the book, it’s just an ordinary book. She picked up the book and opened it. However, just what he expected, it’s way too dark there and the size of the words were just too small. Moreover she didn’t wear her glasses at that time. She put the book inside her jacket, embraced it with her left hand, and ran away from that place.



 

Upon she arrived at her house, she quickly put the beers in the fridge and went into her bedroom. Yujin put the book on her desk and examined it as if it was a murder tool. With enough light, Yujin could see that nothing was written on the dark blue colored cover, but a strange yet beautiful motif was carved on it. She opened the book and the first page had her mesmerized already.

You’ve been chosen to be the next owner of this book for the next 3 days, Ahn Yujin

 

Only the owner of this book can see the original form of this book.

You have to write something for the next day starting from the day you receive the book. You can’t skip or let the page empty. You may get a big penalty if you do so.

Anything that is written in this book shall happen according to the ‘day’ that is written at the right corner of every pages.

Although you write ‘forever’, it means nothing and the things that you want to happen can only occur in that ‘day’.

Anything that has been written can’t be changed, so choose your words wisely.

You have exactly 3 days (no more) to write your own future or you can write it for someone else by writing their name.

Asking for something that is too powerful to happen in this world may / may not have consequences.


 

Many questions appeared in his mind and she couldn’t help but get excited. Yujin flipped a few pages and just like the introduction said, ‘Friday, May 1, 2020’ was written in the next page after the introduction while in the last page, ‘Sunday, May 3, 2020, was written on it. This naïve girl thought that there’s nothing wrong to try it out, so she took a pen out from her pencil case and started writing. It didn’t take a long time to find things that she really wanted to get. She wrote it with full confidence.

 

‘I meet someone who can understand my weakness and accept me as who I truly are’


 

After she wrote it, she was cringey over her wish. However, since it couldn’t be changed, she decided to close the book and went to sleep because she would have her last classes for the second semester tomorrow. Yujin climbed her bed and closed her eyes, yet she couldn’t stop thinking about her wish, about how much she wanted to happen. She brought all of her thoughts into her deep slumber.

 

The next time she opened her eyes, her surroundings might not change, but unbeknown to Yujin, her fate had been changed.


 

--------------------------------------------

(Friday, May 1, 2020)


 

~PapApAPapAPApapaPa~ ~PapApAPapAPApapaPa~


 

Loud alarms, a blinding sunlight illuminated every corner in her room no matter how thick her curtains were, and maids called her name while knocking at the door, informing her that the breakfast had been prepared. It could only mean one thing.

Morning had come…..

 

Yujin put off the alarm and sat on the edge of the bed before standing up, so she wouldn’t get dizzy. The girl checked her phone and noticed that she got 2 messages. The first one was from her father. He told Yujin that he and mother wouldn’t come back in the next 2 weeks because of their business stuff. The second one was from….

 

“Who is this ‘Kim Minjoo’ girl?”

Yujin opened her chatroom and it looked like it’s Minjoo’s first time chatting Yujin, since there’s no other conversation before this message.


 

‘Hey, since today is our last day for this semester, want to hang out with me after classes? I’ll meet you in front of our faculty’s building, okay?’


 

Yujin didn’t really get shocked after reading the message, she might be the person Yujin mentioned last night. It’s just a new experienced that someone beside her parents messaged her. Anyway, Yujin replied her with a simple ‘okay’ because she seemed so cool about this, so Yujin should be cool too. Then, Yujin prepared myself to go to the university.


 

Hours later ~~

 

Yujin had been waiting at the place the girl mentioned, but Yujin didn’t know the face of the person she was looking for. Yujin thought that she knew a lot of people despite she lacked communication, but she didn’t even know this girl when they’re in the same faculty. She had never heard of Minjoo’s name too. ‘A new transfer student perhaps? But then how she got my contact?’ Yujin guessed that ‘the book’ miraculously adjusted the world with her wish, so she decided not to think about it any further. Just as she came back to reality, Yujin saw a girl running toward herself with open arms.

 

“Don’t tell me that she’s going to…” Yujin could feel herself being embraced by a girl she barely know.

 

“… hug me”

 

Once again, Yujin could feel herself getting tensed because of the girl’s action. “You’ve worked hard, good job, Yujin-ah!” she said to Yujin. Actually, Yujin didn’t know what to feel right now. Should she feel sad because that was her first time that someone appreciated her or should she feel embarrassed because people around them had their eyes on them. When Yujin was about to hug Minjoo back, she released her hug and stared at Yujin.

 

“You’re surprisingly quiet today. Anyway, where do you want to go?”

 

Yujin thought for a while, “I don’t know many places, but I know a good ice cream shop, do you want to go there?” Yujin was surprised that she didn’t even stutter. She guessed that she was being comfortable around Minjoo. The girl nodded and ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter