Piece

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Ahn Yujin, Looks at every way just to find the last missing piece of the puzzle that she's been searching for 3 years. Only to discover that the game she develops is the key to find the last missing piece and to know who creates the puzzle.

Word Count: 3863

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_Piece

 

Piece

 

“Okay, Ladies and Gentleman the Antic Controller was sold for 2 million dollars by the President of MYWK Company. Let’s give it round of applause.”

The host said while applauding at the President who stands up and bow at the other guest at the event. As the applause tone down, the host continue his speech on how to purchase the items they win since the event is already coming to its end and most importantly the best part of the event that everyone has been waiting for.

After settling herself on her seat. The president of one of the most successful gaming company in the world turns her head to its left to see a tall girl brunette, withs its electric blue hair falling over her shoulder, wearing a black suit and looks totally engrossed this whole time.

Chuckling at the sight of her friend who’s not total enjoying what’s happening at this event. Beside her was her a girl much shorter than the brunette, has a pale skin and somehow resembles a duck because of her plump lips.

Trying to catch the attention of the tall girl, the Japanese girl nudge the brunette that can fall asleep at any moment. Smiling at herself when the girl turns her head and looks at her with those drowsy eyes.

“You okay? It looks like you can drive to your dreamland at any moment now.” The Japanese girl said before smirking at makes the brunette sighed before looking at the front.

“I’m just tired, I didn’t know that running a company can be this hard and troublesome at the same time Sakura unnie. I want to take a rest for a while and maybe run to somewhere and never comeback to my company.” The brunette replied in a joking tone, but the girl named Sakura look at her with a disbelief look.

“Don’t you dare to try it, I swear I’ll kill you if you ever runway like that and remember not only me. I know that it was hard because you are just new at this field. But The fact that you are already at the peak of success at such a young age. Don’t you think It will be such a waste if you just stop like that?” Sakura looks at her with a pointed look that makes her avert her gaze before laughing nervously.

“Unnie, I was just… kidding, don’t you know what joke was? Don’t take it seriously please, I just messing around.” She said in defense but the older just shrugged her shoulder before looking infront.

“Really? But that’s not what saw, try to get a hold of yourself and stop spilling nonsense like that, especially infront of me.” The tall girl was looking down at her lap, fidgeting her hands. She knows she was wrong to complain like that, especially she was not the only one experience hard time when they first start at something.

“Okay, I’m sorry unnie. I won’t do it again” Sakura giggles at the sulking girl beside her. She looks like a puppy that got scolded by her owner. Slowly, the Japanese girl brought her left hand to pat the brunette’s head.

“Why don’t you go home now? Take a rest, I know you really are tired.” She smiles reassuring that it is okay for her to leave since the event was also almost done. With a tired look the brunette just nods her head, fixing her stuff before signaling the girl beside her.

“Finally! I was just waiting for you to say that. Lets go” the two look at Sakura before standing up and make their way to the exit.

But then, in there midway. The tall brunette stops on her tracks, she was getting goosebumps at what she was hearing and at the same time, she can feel her heart beating rapidly at every second that past.

“And now, for what you’ve been waiting for. We are already on our last item for today. Reminding all of our guest that this is the biggest auction event in the world that was just preferred for all the gaming companies in the world. And now for the biggest event for today, just like the saying

‘SAVE THE BEST FOR THE LAST’

And now presenting to you all! Ladies and gentleman! Here the very first puzzle that contains two thousand pieces with a very unique pattern that I’ve ever seen! This was made 127 years ago and was kept by the family of the KIM. And ever since no one even in the family tries to finish the puzzle, and now they want to find someone who can take care of this art.” The host paused for a moment, the other workers removed the curtain that was covering the puzzle. It was place on a large transparent box. Everyone can see how small and unique the pieces it has on the large screen. The host continue when the guest calm down and fixed their attention infront.

“As you can see ladies and gentleman. The puzzle was unfinished because of a certain reason. And I just want to say that the current owner of this puzzle gives us something. She said that it was pass down to her by her parents. And for all of you to know, before she gives us the puzzle. She also left a picture. this picture shows how the puzzle looks like when it is complete. And here it is now everyone look!

 

Everyone on their seats gasp as they saw how the puzzle looks like as the picture flash on the screen. The picture was not clearly visible because of the fact that this puzzle was made hundred years ago. But you can still picture out how it looks like and how well made the puzzle was.

In a cue. The host of the auction clear his throat before he starts the bidding contest.

“And now! We will start the auction at 10 million dollars!”

“Me! 15 million dollars”

 

“18 million dollars”

 

“30 million dollars”

 

“its 50 Million dollars for me”

 

“70 Million dollars”

 

“I’m down for 100 Million”

 

The bid goes higher and higher than everyone thought. Many companies already accept their defeat and just sigh at disappointment for not preparing like the other company does.  Right now, no one knows how this event will turn out. It was clear why a lot of people will pay at any cost of something like this was the topic. The company will also get a lot of profits if they win this puzzle. So it’s a win, win for them. 

As the money lies at 700 Million dollar, the guests slowly applause at the man that bids for 70M. It looks like he already won the item since no one tries to bid anymore after him.  

With that, the middle age man stands up and bow at everyone. The host get this chance to announce the new owner of the puzzle. 

 

“Looks like we already have a winner ladies and gentlemen! Let’s congratulate the CEO of HH Com—”

 

 

 

“I BET 1 BILLION DOLLARS! “ 

 

 

Everyone turns their head at the one who shouted. All of them where surprised and look at the girl standing at middle. Clearly for everyone to see, and with that they realize who was the one willing to pay one billion for a puzzle. 

 

“I will pay 1 Billion for that puzzle… Is their anyone else who object?” She said,  walking down the stairs and stopped when she reached the stage. Looking at everyone with a challenging look, with a smirl plastered on her face. 

 

“1 Billion dollars everyone!  Is their anyone who likes to surpass that?! “ with the quiet atmosphere. The host lifts and holds the small mallet before tapping the bell by it and that declares the new owner of the puzzle everyone wished to have. 

“Everyone we have our new owner of the puzzle! Let’s give it a round of applause for the Youngest CEO we ever had! Miss, Ahn Yujin of AYJ Gaming Company "

 

Friday morning. Everyone is running back and forth at the company. It was a rush hour for all the employee since in the next 24 hours their newly produce game will be launch. The game was already done, they are just doing some checking to make it perfect. 

On the third floor. A girl wearing suit was seen running on the floor. The employees greets her as she pass them. In no time she reached her destination. Slamming the door wide open while panting hard.

On the other hand. The woman who's taking a nap was startled. The nameplate on the desk that has a name carve on it 'CEO, AHN YUJIN' almost fell.

 

"Unnie! Can you please knock on the door and don't just barge in like that!" The woman said weakly. 

"Yeah, Yeah... I'm so sorry for the sudden intrusion"  the girl said before standing qand hand the folder she has to the woman.

"Here, next time don't rush me or I will reck your door just to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter