Date Me

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Kim Minju is hopelessly in love with Kim Chaewon. There's 6 months left before prom night and Ahn Yujin comes to the rescue by playing cupid (oh, really?) to get Kim Minju and her cousin, Kim Chaewon together.

Word Count: 17900

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_DateMe

 

Date Me

 

--

 

Yuri let out a tired sigh the moment that she had brought their luggage in. Just as her sophomore's year second semester was about to begin, her parents had decided to move back at her mom's old hometown from when she was a teen. Saying goodbye to the people whom she had grown accustomed of was hard, but hey, moving wasn't a bad thing. She didn't get along with the students that much anyways.

 

"New house, new university. You can do it, Yuri." She whispered to herself. The moment that she sat down, her mother's voice echoed from one of the rooms, making her silently groan.

 

"Yul-ah! Can you move these boxes to the attic?"

 

"Ne~ Just let me rest for just 5 minutes." If there was a thing that she hated the most, it was having to move around a lot.

 

"Nope! We won't get any task done if you keep up being a lazy bum!"

 

Groaning in defeat, she followed where her mother's voice was coming from and soon found her in what seemed to be a stock room.

 

"What boxes and where's the attic?" She instantly asked the moment that she took a sniff of the dust.

 

"Here." If Yuri wasn't paying attention, then she might have gotten crushed by the boxes that her mother had harshly dropped on her arms.

 

"Hey!"

 

"Tehee~ sorry, darling. At the far end of the hallway on the second door, you'll see a ladder that leads up to the attic."

 

"Why do we have to do this work alone? What is mom doing? Why isn't she helping us?" Yuri received no reply. So, she asked a more relevant one. "And how come you know the ways around here?"

 

"We were high school sweethearts, remember?" Her mother replied.

 

"And the reason why she's not here?" And still, she pushed her first question. Having received, yet another silence, she whined.

 

"Your mom came to visit an old friend of us."

 

"Eh? Couldn't she have done that after helping us unpack? Like, these are mostly yours and mom's things!"

 

"Enough whining, Yul. Now, go."

 

"Ugh, fine!"

 

The woman in her early 40's only shake her head in amusement and went back to what she was doing before getting interrupted.

 

"Because that friend is your mother's greatest friend,"

 

"And she's dying."

 

----

 

"Why do I have to do all the box moving? It's not like these were mine."

 

Yuri kept mumbling to herself, not even minding if she was coming off as a stubborn child.

 

"Like, I'm a grown adult! I'm already 20! They can't just go bossing me around!"

 

Her arms were starting to get numbed when she caught sight of the ladder.

 

"Why are these so heavy." If anyone were to see her, they'd instantly think that she's a crazy woman.

 

She stops walking and almost facepalmed when she realized one thing.

 

"How the hell am I going to get these stupid boxes up there?" Two boxes were heavy enough for her weak and untrained arms. She wasn't spiderman as to actually carry it at the same time without falling off the ladder without holding on to any support.

 

After thinking for a while, she decided to just go with the flow of her craziness.

 

"If I ever get injured, they'll pay for my hospitalization."

 

Bringing the boxes down, she took the smallest and least heavy before beginning her unlucky journey to the attic.

 

Holding the box with one hand, she started to climb up the ladder with a satisfied grin knowing that she'll be able finish the work given by her mother.

 

"This place is nasty!"

 

Dust covered the whole place. Cobwebs were seen on the corners and most importantly, it was stinky as hell.

 

Place the box down, she went down to retrieve the other one.

 

"I'm so going to nag at mom."

 

After placing the last box which she most struggled with, she didn't bother sitting down on the floor for a quick breather.

 

Taking her time to wander her eyes for a bit, she was amazed at how spacious the attic was.

 

A few boxes were seen here and there, but a makeover and the place would sure be a haven.

 

What had managed to catch her attention was the blue box that had a label 'always'.

 

It wouldn't hurt to take a look, right?

 

Right. It was her mother's after all.

 

"Woah, I never knew mother was one of those to take notes on how to woo a lady." She smirked at the thought of her mother's flustered face once she shows her the notebook that she's currently inspecting.

 

She settled the old notebook aside and took further look at the contents inside the box.

 

There were envelopes and tapes, but what managed to catch her attention was the picture frames on the very bottom in the box.

 

On the top was her mother and an unknown woman whom she had never seen.

 

"She's pretty." Gasping, her eyes widen when the idea of the unknown woman being her mother's first love came into mind.

 

"Oh, never mind."

 

She disregarded the thought when she saw what was written behind it.

 

'Best friends then, best friends now, best friends till the end of time☆'

 

"She never mentioned this pretty aunty to me before."

 

"Maybe mom knows about her."

 

She carefully put the frame down as to not accidentally break it, before checking the other two.

 

The second frame was a picture of both her parents with two unknown women, smiling directly at the camera. Both her parents were scowling at each other in the picture, making her laugh in disbelief.

 

"Even back in their high school days, they're always bickering."

 

And the last picture frame was a picture of the two-unknown woman, smiling while looking at each other.

 

She turned to see if anything was written on the back only to frown when there was nothing.

 

As she was about to completely disregard all the memories that she had found, her heart dropped when a piece of paper fell from the notebook, giving her a semi heart attack when she thought she destroyed it.

 

'When the mountains won't block the sunrise and the ocean won't reflect its depleting farewell as it sets, let's meet again. I'll wait for you by dawn with an unending smile on my lips, hoping and praying that someday, you'll return back into my arms.'

 

"No way. So, she's mother's first love!"

 

Putting all the things back in the box, she picks it up and dash back down to where her mom is just to and perhaps, make her jealous.

 

---

 

"Mom!"

 

"What are you shouting for?"

 

"Look what I found!"

 

Her mother payed no attention to her and continue cleaning what seems to be old, glasses from before.

 

"Heyy, won't you at least pay attention to your daughter?" Hearing her daughter whine once again, she decided to give the college student a glance before completely stopping what she was doing when she saw what her daughter was holding.

 

She wiped her hands going towards her to take the box.

 

"Where did you find this?"

 

Her voice was alarming, Yuri noticed.

 

"Why? What's with it?"

 

"This is very important to your mother and to I."

 

"So, I'm right then? The woman on the picture is mother's very first love?" She teased.

 

Her mom went to the living room and placed the box down on the table before taking a seat.

 

Her mom could only shake her head in amusement before raising a brow at her.

 

"You seriously think you'll make me jealous?"

 

Yuri shrugged and took a seat in front of her mom.

 

"It was worth a shot."

 

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but this box does not belong to your mother."

 

"Oh? It isn't?"

 

"Yep, this belongs to our great friend."

 

"Spill the juicy details, mom. It's not like I know her or anything."

 

"Of course, you don't."

 

As Yuri was about to start persuading her mom, the door opened and there revealed her mother who looked distress.

 

"Hey, mom."

 

Her mother nodded at her before gazing at the box in between them. She smiled before sighing and went to seat next to her.

 

"Jjaeyeon, why'd you let her go at the attic?"

 

"It wasn't my fault that I forgot. And it also wasn't my fault that she found Minju's box."

 

"So Minju is that pretty girl's name? Daebak, it suits her."

 

"That's aunty Minji for you, Yul."

 

"Ye, ye. So, who is she? Rather than her being your best friend, of course."

 

"You sneaky little hamster. Who gave you permission to go through the box, huh?"

 

Shrugging, she ignored what her mother had said before getting the notebook, not minding if it wasn't theirs.

 

"All the traits that she could have inherited from you and it just had to be your stubbornness, Kkura."

 

"Heyy, who's Kim Chaewon?"

 

"Yah, Yul. Stop reading that. Minju we'll get mad at me." Sakura snatched the notebook away and faced her daughter who was now pouting.

 

"These things were a favor from Minju. She asked me to hide this box containing all evidences of, well, her love story, if I might say."

 

"Okay, fine. I won't look through her things anymore." Yuri started and smiled. Clearly knowing where this was headed to, her mother smiled at her before sighing for the nth time.

 

"But?"

 

"BUT you have to tell me everything about aunty Minju. Is she really your first love?"

 

"Hey, drop it already, kid. I'm your mother's one and only love." The young one had only stuck her tongue out before giggling mischievously.

 

"You win, but, first of all, we have a lot of unpacking to do. While we're at it, I'll start."

 

"It's a deal."

 

---

 

Minju's POV

 

___

 

Every one of us have got a story to tell. Mine doesn't differ from yours nor to anyone's.

 

Just a little bit conflicted during the process. Just a slice of a bittersweet story engaging because of my denseness.

 

I was too busy and engrossed in chasing after a star; an unreachable star, that I had lost a diamond. A diamond that is far more precious than any of the stones and any of the stars in the galaxies.

 

An annoying brat clown. Who knew that the things that I hate had grown to be the things that I longed for?

 

---

 

151 Days Ago

 

----

 

"Y'know, if you weren't my best friend, I'd seriously think that you're a drug addict."

 

I didn't bother replying to what she said and continue on staring at the love of my life.

 

"And you know, Sakura — when you love someone, you'll do anything to not gay panic in front of that person. And so, the best choice that I did and am still doing is stare at her from afar." I dreamily said while a smile stretched out from my lips when the girl whom I have been staring at since the latter entered the cafeteria, expressed a very sour face; probably because of the vinegar mixed in her food.

 

"Whatever." Is what Sakura had only managed to mutter.

 

"Don't worry, my knight. Your damsel in distress will soon have the courage to talk to you."

 

"Shouldn't the knight be the one to approach the damsel first?"

 

"Potato, tomato, it can be both."

 

"Whatever, Minju. Whatever."

 

Even if I wasn't looking, I knew for sure that Sakura was giving me a disbelief look. I couldn't blame her, though.

 

If I was in her position, I'd probably already have slapped the life out of her.

 

"I'd seriously die just to see her smile like that."

 

"How about this you dimwit, prom is coming in like 6 months. Why don't you go and ask her out by then?"

 

"Hmm," prom? Just seeing her dress like a princess had already managed to stretched out a smile on my lips.

 

"Hey, stop smiling like a creep. You look like a fool."

 

"A fool in love indeed."

 

I heard her sighing followed by the monstrous ringing of the bell, signaling the 5 minutes countdown before our next class starts.

 

"Chaewon has P.E class next. Damn, I suddenly want to skip class."

 

Sakura ignored me, making me pout.

 

"What's our next class again?"

 

Sakura turned to look at me as if I was a mad woman. I'm not the mad one, though. She is.

 

"You're seriously unbelievable!"

 

"You love me anyways, dork." I teased. Her lip twitched and by that, I already knew I won the unknown battle.

 

"Unfortunately. You are lucky you're my best friend. If not, I would have seriously smashed your face on the wall."

 

"Now, that's just mean."

 

"Learned it from the best."

 

"Shut up, tree. And seriously, what's our next subject? What book do we need?"

 

"Chemistry, Minju. We have chemistry next. I still can't believe that you know Chaewon's class schedule for the whole week, yet you don't even know yours."

 

"The things you do for love, Sa—oh?"

 

"What 'oh?'?"

 

The moment that I opened my locker, a brown note fell down. I frowned when I was sure that it really did just fell off from my locker.

 

"What are you waiting for? Pick it up."

 

I rolled my eyes at what she said before doing what she said so.

 

'I can help you with Chaewon. Meet me at the library, 5PM sharp. Don't be late froggie ;)'

 

Is what's written on the note with a drawing of a dog.

 

"This must be some kind of scam. I mean, I never told anyone about my undying crush for Chaewon. Unless,"

 

"Unless what?"

 

"Unless Chaewon actually knows and is asking her friend for a favor to help the both of us get together!"

 

"Now that's just over fantasizing it. Who the hell does that? If she does, couldn't she have just approached you like any normal person would? Except you. You're not normal."

 

"HEY! I'm normal, for your information. Besides, what if she really was just as shy as me? Wouldn't that be romantic?"

 

"Nope. Not at all." I can't help but to pout at how she dead panned me.

 

"You're the worst."

 

"I love you, too."

 

----

 

5:01PM came into view the moment that I opened my phone.

 

Classes have ended half an hour ago, but I stayed, not knowing whether or not I should go.

 

I keep on deliberating. I mean, what if it really was a scam? What if a student had found out about my secret liking towards her and decided to play a trick upon me?

 

OR—

 

It could also be true.

 

"Aish, where is Sakura when you need her."

 

"You're on your own, Minju. Adios."

 

I grab a hold of my hair when Sakura's voice echoed inside my head. I let out a loud groan before banging my forehead on the table.

 

5:15PM, I've made up my mind. It wouldn't hurt to check if it was true or not, right? Right.

 

Grabbing my bag, I swiftly stood up and ran out from our room, disregarding the fact that I indeed have left the door open.

 

Rounding guards would see it anyways.

 

5:18PM and I was still running through the corridors, a building away from the library.

 

Whoever they are, they wouldn't get mad, right?

 

I mean, it's normal for people to not trust anybody at first note.

 

Right.

 

I was just making sure.

 

5:26PM, I've finally arrived in front of the library.

 

The librarian looked at me with furrowed brows when I entered with the door's loud creak making a sound.

 

"Sorry." 

 

Maneuvering my way towards the tables, I can't help it but to be confuse on who might the anonymous person be. 

 

What if it was a guy?!

 

Hell, even if he'd help but is a guy, I'd have to refuse the offer. You see, when you look at hot people's eyes and find them so appealing, then they're gay.

 

The students occupying all the tables were either studying or doing school works. They may have probably left already. Silly me, wasting this chance to get close to my knight.

 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Guy or not, but it wouldn't hurt to at least try. They may not even be a guy in the first place. What if it was actually Hitomi?! 

 

"Curse you, Minju." After looking around the library for a while and none of the few students who were still here seemed to be waiting for someone, aka, me, I huffed out a deep breath in distress before turning around to leave.

 

Golden hour had begun the moment I step foot out from the library. No matter how disappointed I am at how things turned out, it was partly my fault as to why they had left. They specifically even said not to be late, yet I arrived half an hour late. 

 

Maybe the the offer still stands and might send me another note tomorrow. Right. I think they're nice enough to reconsider their choice of helping me.

 

"Kim Minju-ssi! Wait, stop right there!"

 

At the mention of my name, I was greeted by a running....

 

Dog?

 

A dog human.

 

A puppy!

 

"I'm sorry I'm late! I got held back by a professor. I hope you didn't wait that long."

 

She was still panting by the time that she was in front of me.

 

All my guilt of being late was for nothing then.

 

I nervously smiled at her before reassuring her that it was fine.

 

"Don't be. I also just got here because of an errand from a friend. Take a deep breath, puppy."

 

I clamped my hand on my mouth the moment I accidentally labeled it to her.

 

"Puppy? Well, I do look like one so it's fine."

 

"R-right."

 

None of us spoke up afterwards. She seems nervous for some unknown reason when in fact shouldn't I be the one that is nervous since she knows about my hidden feelings?

 

"So, the reason I called you out this late is because I,"

 

Can I really trust her to help me get Chaewon?

 

"It's because I l--"

 

"Are you sure that you are willing to help me get Chaewon?" It wasn't my intention to cut her off but my anxiety wasn't letting me get the hang of it.

 

"Pardon?"

 

"You said in the note that you'll help me be with Chaewon."

 

Her features were of confusion but after a few seconds of analyzing the situation, realization washed over her face.

 

"I see. Well, yes. That is in fact the reason why I am here."

 

"My name is Ahn Yujin, a freshman and Kim Chaewon's one and only favorite cousin."

 

"You're her what now?"

 

"Don't worry. Whatever crisis that you are facing right now would soon be solved. I'll be sure that you get to be with my cousin by the end of my play as you twos cupid."

 

 

 

___

 

Month 1

 

"What do you mean I lack of confidence?"

 

Yujin and I are currently at the library, discussing the very first step.

 

"Just as I had said, Minju. You lack of confidence." I squinted my eyes at her to let her know that I do NOT LACK in confidence.

 

"The audacity of you to call me without any respect."

 

"Well, I am sorry Minju unnie, but you were the one who told me to drop the honorifics." My lips twitched when certain events started to recall inside my head.

 

"Whatever."

 

"Anyways, the very first step is for you to have confidence. My cousin likes those who are confident when it comes to themselves. And basing from my own observation, you are a pain in the ."

 

"Wha-"

 

"So, let's start." She abruptly cut me off. Sighing in pure annoyance, I angrily brought out a notebook to take notes on what she is about to say.

 

"The first step to having confidence is that you should just be yourself."

 

"Ahuh," I nodded as I scribble on my notebook. I waited patiently on what's next but after about a minute that she yet still hasn't spoken up, I turned to look at her only to see that she was reading a book.

 

"Yah, here I am waiting patiently on what the next step is and you're just reading there."

 

"Oh? That's all that there is to have confidence."

 

My mouth turned agape the moment she said those. Slapping my pen on the wooden table, I didn't notice that most of the students there turned to look at us and hissed.

 

"Are you kidding me?!"

 

"Shhh!"

 

I turned at the librarian before muttering my apologies and turned angrily at Yujin.

 

"Yah! How is this going to help me?"

 

"Be yourself. Trust me, you'll be needing that in the future."

 

"You are no help at all." I quickly shove my things back into my bag before standing up to leave.

 

"See what I mean? You're not being yourself right now. You're acting as if you are some sort of a crazy love-struck teenage girl." I look at her but she wasn't even batting me an eye. I clench my hand and sat back down before crossing my arms.

 

"Says the one who isn't even being herself right now."

 

"Whadya mean? This is what I normally do every day." I saw how she flinch but soon recovered making a smirk form on my face.

 

"Seems like I've hit a blind spot, Ahn."

 

Closing her book, she turned to face me after I said that and smiled at me innocently. A smile way too innocent for my liking.

 

"To have confidence in yourself is to have fun with what you are doing in your everyday life. It is to accept every flaws you have in yourself, may it be embarrassing or out of your league and from what I have seen so far back when I was still in the sidelines, you are waiting for my cousin to make the first move when in fact, there's a possible chance that she might not like you at all."

 

I sat flustered at what she said. 

 

I could feel my jaw clenching without any of my conscience while I was staring at her.

 

I was mad because she was so damn right. I don't know if Chaewon even likes me or acknowledges me. Burrowing myself on the table, I let out a loud sigh before peeking at my bag.

 

"Don't feel so down. It's just a forgone conclusion and who knows? She might start liking you after this. Besides, there's still a few months left before prom night so I'll make sure that by then you and unnie would already be a couple on their 3rd-ish date."

 

The way that she slumps and lifts my mood right after the other amazes me.

 

"Hmm, I'm sorry. You're right. I won't get anywhere for Chaewon to like me if I don't have any confidence in myself."

 

"That's the spirit."

 

If only I wasn't too busy staring at nothing then I probably would have been able to see her smile.

 

----

 

Day 1

 

I decided to follow the first step that Yujin had told me yesterday. Today, I will talk to Chaewon, if things don't turn well, then, I don't care.

 

----

 

"So how was it with your knight's cousin's love tutoring?" I rolled my eyes at what Sakura said

 

"It was fine, thanks for asking." I sarcastically answered.

 

"No, really. How did it go?"

 

"'Be confident and be yourself.' is what she said." I imitated.

 

"Just who is she? I think we'd get along quite really well."

 

"You two will probably hit it off."

 

"I knew my guts would never lie to me. So, you really were fancying over me behind my back, Kim." Speaking of the devil.

 

"It's still so early in the morning for you to be bothering me, Yujin."

 

"And it is still so early for you to be this grumpy, Minju."

 

"Aish, shut up!" I buried my face on book in front of me.

 

"Oi! Cous!" Hearing what Yujin had said, I quickly lift my head up only to be meet with her smug look.

 

"I really hate you and that is official."

 

"Aww, how sweet. Don't worry, I officially love you too."

 

At this point, a groan was what left my lips.

 

"Oh, where are my manners. I almost didn't see you there. I'm Ahn Yujin, a freshman."

 

"A freshman?! Are you for real?!"

 

"Fortunately, yes. I look like a senior right? With my height and all that."

 

"You do look like one because of your height but if people were to carefully look at you in the face, they'd think that you are in high school."

 

"Right, I'm Lee Sakura."

 

"Since when have you and Chaeyeon got married, huh?!" I shouted, though muffled.

 

"You're just bitter that you won't get to change your surname since you both are Kim."

 

I once again let out a groan and ignore the two as they animatedly converse with each other.

 

"Oh, Chaewon!"

 

"I am not falling for that, you actual spawn of a devil."

 

"Uhm, Minju." Sakura whispered. "I think you may want to look up this time."

 

"Don't want to."

 

"It seems as if you have something against me, Kim."

 

Straightening my posture, I look at the girl who was now besides Yujin looking so smug once again.

 

"Chaewon, you're here! I mean, you've always been here, but what I mean is, here-here!"

 

"Well, yeah. I can't just go around ignoring my favorite dongsaeng after all."

 

If you would look at Yujin as a stranger, you'd actually think that she looks exactly like a tamed puppy.

 

Wait.

 

If I get along well with Yujin then Chaewon might think of me as someone reliable which is completely her type!

 

"I hope she's not causing any trouble."

 

"Don't worry about her! In fact, she's kind enough to help me with calculus later after school!"

 

"Your what now?"

 

"Remember, Y-Yujinnie? You agreed to it yesterday."

 

"Yujinnie? What's--"

 

"ANYWAYS!" I widen my eyes to Yujin before turning to look back at Chaewon who has an amused look on her face.

 

"Is there anything that I can help you with?"

 

"Oh, that? Don't worry. I just came to check on Yujin. I'll be leaving now.  Don't cause them any trouble, okay Yujinnie?"

 

I saw how the corner of Yujin's lips twitched making me feel so smug deep inside.

 

Once Chaewon has left, Yujin keeps on blankly staring at me, making me snarl at her.

 

"What are you staring at, huh? I know that I'm beautiful but as you can see, I already have my eyes on your cousin."

 

"To hell with your beauty. Who said that my cousin will go out with you?"

 

"Wha--"

 

"I dare you to go ask her out for a coffee this coming Friday. I dare you."

 

She firmly said.

 

I balled my hand into a fist before standing up while staring at her back with a nervous yet cold look.

 

"Just you wait and see."

 

I started to make my way towards Chaewon and her friends' table when cold sweat started forming on my forehead.

 

You can do this, Minju. You did plan on making a move after all.

 

(Meanwhile,

 

"You think she'll be able to ask my cousin out?"

 

"I bet you a hundred bucks that she won't."

 

"Same." The two were watching each and every of Minju's movement what they didn't expect however was,

 

"She's coming back already?! Why is her face so red?! Did she succeed?!")

 

Idiot Kim Minju!

 

I quickly slammed my head on the table the moment I sat back down on my seat.

 

"So how did it go?" Sakura asked.

 

"So, I've managed to get in front of her but,"

 

"The moment that she looked at me, a cat got my tongue and I could only stare at her, completely forgotten what I was tasked to do."

 

"What did you say to her then?"

 

"I said hello and then bid my farewell afterwards."

 

"You really got it worst, haa."

 

Don't do it, Minju. Don't. Just don't!

 

"Yujin, please help me!"

 

"Figured so."

 

____

 

"For today's lesson so you'll have confidence, I'll be throwing you nonstop compliments so you'll have to overcome your shyness, okay?"

 

As crazy as it sounds, I am here yet again in the library with none other than Yujin.

 

"Okay? And what do I say?"

 

"You say thank you, of course."

 

"Anyways, let's begin."

 

"Minju, you're so beautiful." I felt my face flushed.

 

"I'm not tha--OUCH!"

 

"Shush!"

 

The librarian shushed.

 

I glared at Yujin who harshly pinched my forearm.

 

"I forgot to tell you, if instructions are not followed, there would be a punishment."

 

"You should have said so!"

 

"Like I said, I forgot. Let's continue."

 

The next hours passed by with Yujin complimenting me nonstop. If I were to count how many times she pinched me, then it probably equals to the times that she had complimented me.

 

"Oh, right. I'll be needing your number." She bluntly said.

 

"Huh? What for?"

 

"Advice lessons, duh." She stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Having felt enough annoyance for the day, I chose to not rebut and instead handed her my phone so she could give her phone a missed call.

 

After a minute or so, she finally handed it back to me before smiling mischievously.

 

"You did something weird to my phone, didn't you?" I started inspecting my phone but nothing suspicious seems to caught my attention.

 

"I didn't do such thing. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Shouldn't you trust your Yujinnie?" A vein would have probably already popped inside me because of her.

 

"You know what? I'm going home. Goodbye."

 

"Goodbye~"

 

(Later that night Minju received an unknown text.

 

[Hope you sleep well, beautiful ;)]

 

And oh, how Minju would have want to strangle someone to death that time.)

 

"Hey beautiful, how's your day going?"

 

"It's doing good, thanks."

 

"Wow, your whole face didn't flush as much as last week. It's working."

 

"It is?"

 

Maybe she's not that bad.

 

"Well, yeah. I'm Ahn Yujin after all."

 

Never mind, she's still the spawn of a devil.

 

____

 

Month 2

 

____

 

"You want to practice dating with her? Seriously?! Just a month ago you despise her to the edge of your core and now you--! You are unbelievable, woman!"

 

It was a crazy idea, I know.

 

"As much as I hate to say it out loud, if I'm going to have a relationship with Chaewon, then I better have experience!"

 

"You really are crazy."

 

Later that day, I met up with Yujin once again in the library. It almost became a daily routine for the both of us to be meeting there even if the both of us have things already on our plate.

 

She'd constantly advise me what I should and should not do in front of Chaewon. She'd also tell me stories from when they were kids, me actually finding her story cute.

 

No matter how much she annoys me, she's a great help for me to get to know Chaewon better without having to actually talk to her directly.

 

Right now, the both of us are set into finishing both our works before starting a new lesson. Well, not really. This time I'll actually be the one to ask her a favor on what I want to do because honestly, she was really serious that the only lesson would be having confidence.

 

"Say Yujin,"

 

"Hmm?" She hummed in response without even looking at me. Great.

 

"So, I kind of want to practice dating."

 

"Hmm,"

 

"And I was wondering..if you want to..go on a date with me?"

 

She stopped writing and looked at me confused but a tint of red could be seen on cheeks which quickly vanished. I smiled at that and look at her eyes.

 

"You want to practice dating with me?"

 

"Yeah, that's kinda like the whole point."

 

She pondered for a bit while tapping the pen on her chin, her lips following the same direction where the pen was tapping.

 

"Well, there's no harm in trying. Besides, since you've probably never been on a date in your 22--"

 

"21."

 

"21 years of existence, then I'll go. BUT! I get to plan where and what are dates would be like, deal?"

 

"Deal."

 

____

 

"AHN YUJIN YOU IDIOT!"

 

I shouted when the rollercoaster zoomed in down the railings when it reached the highest peak.

 

"YOU'RE WELCOME KIM MINJU!" She shouted back.

 

I was tightly gripping the iron bar in front of me while having my eyes shut close.

 

"YAH! OPEN YOUR EYES! THIS IS SO MUCH FUNNN!"

 

I decided to take a peek at her only for me to completely stare at her laughing side profile.

 

Well, she seems to be having fun.

 

Raising my hands, the same as what she was doing, I started shouting from the top of my lungs.

 

If only we weren't on that ride then I'd probably would have mind it if she held my hand.

 

(Clink clank, Yujin held her hand throughout the whole ride.)

 

"I want to ride that next!" Yujin excitedly exclaimed and pulled me to get in line. When I follow where her index finger was pointing, I was pretty sure that my soul left my body.

 

"Hey, Yujinnie, let's ride that instead." I weakly said, trying to avoid her gaze.

 

"Eh? But that's only for 12 years and below kids."

 

"We won't be able to get in especially since we are both tall."

 

Letting a defeated smile paint over my face, I glared at what we are supposed to ride before huffing out a sigh.

 

"I'm sorry if I'm kind of forcing you today." I turned to look at her but she was only staring at the ride as it goes really high up in the air.

 

"This is actually the first time that I've ever went to an amusement park."

 

"What? You're kidding."

 

"If only it really was a joke."

 

"Anyways, after this, we can eat and then you can choose what we should ride next!" I stared at her for a few seconds before following her gaze.

 

"Nah, it's fine. You can choose what you want to ride for the whole day, since this is basically my second time here."

 

"Really? I can really choose?!" I could only hum in agreement before turning to look at her. I smiled when she was having a look of a kid given a chocolate.

 

"Don't make me take back what I said."

 

She pulled me towards her and wrapped her arms around my shoulder making me almost fall by the sudden force.

 

"Yah!"

 

"Sorry, and thank you!"

 

And so, the day ended with Yujin dragging me to the haunted house as our last forte.

 

(Clink clank, Yujin was the one that had tears in her eyes when they went out.)

 

____

 

"I've been meaning to ask, but a month ago when Sakura unnie introduced herself, she used Lee instead of Miyawaki. Why?"

 

The sun had long set by the time that we decided to call it quits.

 

"Lee is her lover's surname. Lee Chaeyeon."

 

"Oh, she has a lover? How come I've never seen her?"

 

"Right. You're only a freshman. Well, Chaeyeon is quite well known back in the university actually. She was the youngest to be given the title president of the dance club."

 

"Since Sakura and I are basically glued to each other since we were friends since we were 5, Chaeyeon came into the picture when we were in high school. They got together during our final year right after graduation and ever since then, I've always been the third wheel. Well, it's not like I've never been a third wheel right from the start."

 

"Aren't you mad at them?" I shook my head. "Not even jealous?"

 

"Even though they act all lovey dovey in front of me, they won't go that far as for me to actually feel left out. As for the latter,"

 

"Sometimes I envy them but I've never felt jealous with their relationship, honestly, if ever, it makes me happy that I'm still single."

 

"And why is that? Is it because of my cousin?"

 

"That and also because I've never fallen in love before."

 

"Huh?"

 

"What I feel for Chaewon is probably love but it feels as if something is wrong, honestly."

 

"Just what does love means? Whatever, all I know is that I love Chaewon."

 

"I see."

 

"Hey, I said that I'd get to decide our dates, right? How about this. Since this day became really special since it was the first time that I've went to an amusement park and you allowed me to ride anything even though it scared you to death."

 

"I--"

 

"Don't even try denying it. I saw you teared up when we were on the dropper. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that I take it back. Our dates would be deiced alternatively by us."

 

"So, for our next date, I'll get to choose?"

 

"That's right."

 

"It's settled then. For our next date, we'll be having a pillow forte while watching movies."

 

(Clink clank once again, they held hands throughout the whole walk.)

 

____

 

Month 3

 

____

 

"You want to try what now?"

 

"You heard me right, Ahn Yujin."

 

"I want to practice kissing with you."

 

"Excuse me?!"

 

It was a fine and sunny Saturday and I was in charge for our date. Rather than going out, I prefer to be inside in a confined place than in a crowded one. As for the routine for a month already, the both of us are binge watching a netflix series for the nth time.

 

"It wouldn't hurt to try, right?"

 

"Nope, nu-uh. Never in a million years. Save those kisses for Chaewon." She scooted a good meter away from me and returned back watching.

 

"You're such a buzzkill."

 

"Buzzkill my chump, it's a no from me."

 

"Whatever you say, Simon."

 

____

 

"You ask her what now?"

 

"You heard me right, Kkura."

 

"You're really out of your mind. Who in their right mind would agree to that?!"

 

"Yujin, but she proved me wrong." I pouted.

 

"Why don't you just go and talk to Chaewon? Spare you and Yujin the heartbreak."

 

"What heartbreak are you talking about? The only face that will probably break here is that girl's face clinging to your girlfriend." I stated while watching from the distance.

 

"What girl and what girlfriend are you talking about? Chaeyeon's exchange student program doesn't end until April."

 

"Welp, turn around one hundred and eighty degrees, mate."

 

She frowned at me before doing as I say and, oh, God I regret informing her about it.

 

"YAH, LEE CHAEYEON!" 

 

Dear God, I don't know the woman named Miyawaki Sakura marching towards another unknown woman named Lee Chaeyeon. Forgive me for all the sins that I have committed, but please do spare me of this embarrassment from my dearest friend.

 

"Yo. What's the commotion all about?"

 

"Yujin! Perfect timing! Come, let's go. We don't know Sakura for now, okay?" I quickly gathered my things and put it inside my bag before dragging Yujin with me out from the cafeteria.

 

"Yah, Minju! Get back here! Don't leave me alone with this crazy woman!"

 

"Who are you calling crazy, you punk?!"

 

"KIM MINJUUUUUUU!"

 

_____

 

"Who was that?"

 

"That my friend, is the one and only Lee Chaeyeon."

 

"I see."

 

It's been a week since I asked her to practice kissing with me. She doesn't seem bothered by it so how come my mind won't just be in peace? 

 

I snapped out from my thoughts when she flicked my forehead lightly.

 

"What?"

 

"You're frowning. Stop doing that, you'll grow old really quick."

 

"At least you get to see me grow old so you'll be telling Chaewon about it once I'm gone."

 

"Stop joking about passing away, it's not suited to be a joke."

 

"What's wrong with it? And who says that I'm joking. I'd seriously die just for Chaewon."

 

"I'm going home." I was startled when she suddenly stood up and packed her things up, walking away before I even got to ask her what's wrong.

 

Was she mad?

 

You can't be serious.

 

Closing the book that I was reading a while ago, I stood up with my bag and followed her out. I thought that by now she would have already been out of the building since she walks really fast, but I was once again proven wrong by her when I saw her standing in the middle of the empty hallway looking out the window.

 

It was already golden hour. It was illuminating her face and may I just say that when she looks this peaceful, she's like an angel.

 

An angel in disguise, yes.

 

I saw her closed her eyes before mumbling something having me grown confused when she clutched at her chest.

 

"Oi, Yujinnie, why'd you run off like? Have you forgotten that we have a pillow date today?"

 

"Minju,"

 

"I'm going to ask you questions. Answer them honestly, okay?"

 

"What is my cousin for you?"

 

I was surprised with her question. I turned mum and stared at the floor beneath me. 

 

Is that an ant?

 

"Chaewon to me is like a star."

 

"And why is she a star to you?"

 

"Because she's cute? And also have this swag aura around her. So yes, she's a star because I know that I'll never reach her level. But it is my goal to reach her."

 

"And what happens once you have her in your grasp?"

 

I was once again surprised with what she said. No thoughts came into my mind.

 

What was I gonna do once the two of us got together?

 

We'll go on dates of course.

 

And after that?

 

Will we be the same?

 

I'm not so sure.

 

"What's with these sudden questions? Are you feeling i--"

 

My eyes widen when the second I turned to look at her, her lips connected with mine.

 

Her lips are soft.

 

So soft.

 

"I'm going to be frank with you."

 

"You don't love Chaewon at all."

 

Her face was still close to mine when she spoke up. My mind was in a haze but with what she said, I snap back into reality and frowned at her.

 

"And who are you to tell me that my feelings are a fraud."

 

"I'm Yujin and I am telling you this because it is how I see it is."

 

"I hope you have a good night. I'll be on my way, then."

 

That annoying kid.

 

____

 

"And just like that the both of them have ignored each other for a whole week."

 

It was dinner by the time that they had finished unpacking their things. With Chaeyeon doing most of the work since the other two were busy reminiscing the past. She didn't have the heart to stop the other elder from talking since it somehow brought her back to the past.

 

"Wow, who the hell would kiss a friend just like that."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter