Cupid

Jinjoo Oneshot Fiesta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: Yujin never had someone in her life since then. Sure, she had a lot of crushes and all but none of them really ended up being with her. One day, she met a girl in all white telling her she wants to help Yujin find that "special someone" of her. Will the girl help her find that someone or will things go unplanned?

Word Count: 3858

Hashtag: #JinjooFiesta_Cupid

 

Cupid

 

Yujin's POV

You know a lot of people say that all of us has that one special person in our lives. That all of us are destined to find "the one" that is for us. Destiny this, The One this, and True Love that.

Well you know, I never really do believed in those things. I believe that there is no "special someone" for you out there, because we can live life alone if we wanted. There is no one destined for us out there which we seek to find to feel true happiness. That's all trash to me. You can find true happiness in many things around us and not because of some silly "love" or "special someone".

That's how I thought about love then and all things surrounding it. I didn't know the day will come that my view on it will change, and it was all thanks to this wonderful angel, cupid rather, that came into my life just like that making me realize those things were real.

________________

Flashback: (1)

It was a saturday night as I was on my bed with my phone in hand. It was already late out that's why I stayed in bed, not bothering to do stuff anymore. Not to sound like a stalker or something, but I was using my phone to check my best friend's twitter account. Did I also mention that she was my crush?

Oh, guess I didn't but here it is. My childhood bestfriend and now my current crush, Jang Wonyoung. To be fair, I was just checking her twitter account if she tweeted something recently. I wasn't actually stalking her.

I was alone in the house that time since my parents were out of town for work. As I was casually scrolling through my bestfriend's twitter account, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Who could that be at this hour?" I thought to myself as I went downstairs to check. As I got to the door, I looked at the peephole to so who it was. Only to be greeted by a girl in all white.

I opened the door as I looked at her. Hmm, she doesn't look familiar. Why is she here anyways? "Ahn Yujin, right?" She tells me a few seconds after I opened the door.

"Yeah...who's asking?" I asked her with my right eyebrow raised. How does she know my name when I don't even know who she is.

The girl in white looked at her back, inside the house, and all over the place confusedly before facing me and saying, "Well, I asked. Is there someone else who asked too?" She said while scratching her head.

I breathed in and out before answering, "Obviously, no one asked. It was you who asked. It's just you and me in this house. What do you want anyways?" I asked her before crossing my arms and looking at her intently.

"Oh..." she looked at the ground before continuing, "I'm a cupid. And I'm here to help you find your special someone." She smiled as she looked at me

I scoffed at her as I say, "Nice try, but you wouldn't fool me. Where's the wings, your bow and arrow to shoot people, and most importantly, why aren't you wearing a diaper?" I asked while once again raising my right eyebrow at her. She didn't even answered my question as she looked at the ground. "Tell me who you are before I go and call the cops." We were getting no where with her acting like this. It's time I step up and say something like 'calling the cops' and maybe she'd tell me what she really needs from me.

"No, no. Please believe me." She tells me as she looked at me pleadingly. Even if she looks at me like that, I'm not one to easily surrender. "Okay, it seems like you don't believe me." She looked down sadly after saying this.

I know I shouldn't feel bad for her 'cause I don't even know her. I try to convince myself about this but it seems like I'm feeling something. Something like guilt? Was I guilty because I couldn't believe her?

I began to ask myself, "Is she really a cupid? No, that can't be, she doesn't even look like a cupid. On the other hand, do I really know how cupids should look like? But how did she know my name?" In the end, all of those questions left my mind as I thought of one thing. A girl like her shouldn't be alone in the streets this late at night.

It was beginning to get late and I know there was no way this girl would tell me the truth this time of the night. "Okay, clearly you're not yet ready to tell me the truth. So please, if you need something just visit again tomorrow. It's already dark out. You should head home already."

"Uhm, the thing is...I don't have any place to spend the night." The girl tells me as she started to fiddle with her fingers.

I was surprised at her answer as it made me think, "Is she for real?" as I breathed in out once again before speaking with her.

"I guess it's probably too late to drop you off somewhere, so...would you like to spend the night?" I tell her while awkwardly scratching my head. "Just like you said, you don't have a place for tonight and it's probably late you know..."

The girl looked at me before softly saying, "Thank you, I would love that." as she smiled at me.

I could've sworn I felt something from my stomach when she did that but I chose to ignore it.

 

"Alright, come in. You can sleep by the guest room. It's this way." I led the girl to the guest room as I was getting ready for bed soon. She went inside the guest room as she fixed herself, getting comfy.

I said goodbye to her and was about to leave the room as I heard her say, "Goodnight Ahn Yujin. May you sleep well." She said it again in her soft voice while looking at me smiling.

"Oh yeah, goodnight too." I tell her as I closed the door and went straight to my room to catch some sleep.

________________

That was the first time I met her. I didn't know it back then. I thought she was lying, I thought she lost her mind. Not until the day came when I knew she wasn't really lying.

________________

Flashback: (2)

The girl who I have allowed to stay in the guest room for one night turned out to stay with me for almost a week now. I couldn't push her out since she said she lives in a very distant place and she won't be able to come home for some time until finishing a mission I think I heard her say?

I also learned that Minju was her name. She didn't have a last name though, which I found weird. I didn't push her for answers though 'cause she might not be comfortable answering it.

I was eating breakfast, getting ready for school. Minju was sitting in front of me since she was eating breakfast too.

"Ah, Hey Minju?" I called out to her. "Hmm?" She hummed in response.

 

"The first day you were here and I gave you a bar of chocolate, you said you didn't know what it was right?" I asked her as she put her hand on her chin, in deep thought.

 

 "Oh, yeah yeah. I remember. What about it?" She asked me. "Were you serious about that or were you joking?" I asked her back. I needed to know if this whole "cupid thing" is real or was just an act. 

 

"I'm serious about that." She answered as she looked at me with wide eyes as she raised her voice slightly. "I don't even know every food you have here on earth but I just keep on eating it because you're the one who's been giving it to me." 

 

"On earth? What do you mean by 'on earth'?" I asked her while quoting with my fingers.

 

 "Earth.  You know, this place you live in. I tried to tell you these past few days that I'm not from here but you keep on insisting I live outside the city." She told me while eating her sandwich. "This tastes good." She added, with a mouth full of sandwich.

 

"I keep on insisting that because, news flash, cupids aren't real. Yeah, you keep on telling me that you're not from around here while also telling me that you're a cupid." I told her, sounding annoyed. "Well, it's the truth." She said as she chuckled. "Prove it." I challenged her. 

 

She then stood up and went to my side. She put her hand inside her pocket, loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter