Chapter 17

What Am I To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Namjoon--

 

The sun seeped through the curtains of the hospital room that Yeonah had occupied for weeks now. Namjoon squinted to avoid the sunlight and waited until his eyes adjusted. Using his free hand, he rubbed his eyes out of their slumber and smiling when he looked down to see his wife cuddled up beside him still deep in her sleep. He leaned down and gave her a kiss on her forehead; admiring her features and how her soft breathing sounded like music to him. 

He loved her more than he ever thought he would. How did he not notice her before? He regretted all the times he neglected her when she was always right there in front of him. Unconsciously, he rubbed her cheeks with the back of his fingers softly and grinning to himself. He wanted this to last and he swore to himself, he'll protect her and be there for her.

"I love you so much" He whispered thinking he was left unheard until she softly grinned and snuggled closer to him. 

"I love you too babe." She mumbled against his chest.

"You're awake?"

"Mmm." She hummed before opening her eyes and lifting her face to look at him through half closed eyelids.

He leaned down and gave her a quick kiss and smiled, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay." She said but there was something in her eyes that told him otherwise, but before he can decipher what that look met, it disappeared quickly as it came. "Are you not going to work?" She asked rubbing her eyes with the palm of her hand. 

His heart softened even at such a small gesture. "I am, but I'm debating whether I should call the day off and spend the day with you. It's been so long since we were properly on a date."

She shook her head, "I know how work is important to you, the date can wait."

"I realized nothing is important as you..." He whispered against her ear and she giggled at the way his words tickled her.

"I'll be fine, besides when you're done work I'll still be here waiting. It's not like I can go anywhere else." She teased but Namjoon's frown had shown across his lips."Hey." She whispered and cupping his jaw to make him look at her. "What's with the frown?" 

"Nothing.." He mumbled but she knew to believe otherwise as he pulled her closer to his chest and brought his free hand to hold the back of her neck to keep her firm against him.

She wrapped her arm around his waist and sighed, "I know what you're thinking. But I'll fight...fight for us." 

He leaned down and kissed her temple, "I'll fight with you." He mumbled against her skin. "Promise me, you will never give up on us."

"I promise." Yeonah replied without hesitation. "Promise me too...that whatever happens, never blame yourself."

"Nothing is going to happen to you." He said firmly with his voice turning serious.

"I just want you to promise me that. It will motivate me to get better." She continued.

He sighed and rubbed his hand in circles soothingly on her shoulder. "I promise..." 

 

---Yeonah---

 

"Stop saying that!" Yoonah said as she replaced the vase of flowers with new ones, she was growing annoyed with how negative I was being.

"Unnie.. I'm just telling you everything just in case." I replied defending myself. I have been telling her what I want her to do if something was to happen to me. "I set money aside for mom and dad. I have already placed their names on the account and told them you'll be the one who will come collect it on their behalf." 

"Yeonah." She said firmly and turned towards me, walking over and slumping down in the chair next to my bed where I was seated and resting against the headboard. "I am not going to do anything. You will have to give them that money yourself." 

"But--"

"No buts." She said raising a hand to stop me from speaking further. "You are talking nonsense and I dislike it. You will be fine baby sis. I will not let anything happen to you. No, everyone will not let anything happen to you. Do you understand?"

I stared at her without responding which prompted her to repeat. "U

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter