Chapter 5

What Am I To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Namjoon--

 

"Yeonah I'm home," He announced when he opened the front door and kicked off his shoes before lazily placing it on the shoe rack. 

"Oh, I'm in the living room!" She called out and he walked in with the greet of her smile when she looked up from her book. "I thought you said you'd be coming home late today?" 

"I did a lot of work today so I figured I could come home early. Did you go somewhere? I tried calling home and your cell phone but it all went to voicemail." He said as he set aside his things and walked over to where she was sitting.

"I did, I had an appointment that I nearly missed when I was caught up on our lunch." She answered, closing her book and placing it on the table. 

"You're reading? But you never liked to read?" He raised an eyebrow when he picked up her book from the coffee table. 

"Who told you I didn't like to read?" She chuckled. 

"No I just assumed you didn't like to since you're always so active." He replied with a smile now that he learned something about her that he didn't know before.

"Well I always like reading believe it or not but more so now since I have been laying low with my active lifestyle." She grinned before standing up from the couch.

"I never got to ask you why you quit sports" 

She walked over to the kitchen and took the left overs out of the fridge while deliberately hiding her expression behind the doors to his question before simple answering, "I needed a change" 

Namjoon offered to wash the dishes after dinner and so she chilled on the couch browsing through channels and stumbled upon a drama. Being too absored at the sudden drama, she didn't hear Namjoon ask if she wanted anything to drink. 

He chuckled and placed her cup of coffee down onto the table, "What's so interesting that you didn't even hear me speaking to you?" 

She grabbed the cup in front of her and took small sips of the hot beverage. "Oh sorry, he got caught for cheating." She replied eyes still glued to the TV and then it ended. "Oh come on...don't leave me hanging like that" She pouted making him smile as he shook his head. "Cute" he mumbled quietly.

"Sorry did you say something?" She asked and he quickly caught himself, shaking his head profusely. "Oh nothing. I didn't say anything."

There was silence once again between the two of them and the only source of noise was from the TV. 

"Uhm-"

"Uh-"

The two started at the same time and giggled at each other, "You go first." Namjoon gestured.

"Mother called today. She asked if you're coming to visit for the next long weekend coming up." She replied reaching out for her cup again before taking a sip.

"I'll see, if I don't have anything scheduled that day, I'll accompany you home." He answered making her stop her actions and turning to look at him. Her lips slowly curled into a smile and nodded. 

"What were you going to say?" 

Namjoon reached out for his cup of coffee and took a sip before continuing, "Are you sure you'll be okay at the gallery this saturday?" 

"Are you worried about me?" She giggled as she cupped her cup with both hands and stared at the warm brown liquid inside. 

"I don't know much about the family so I was wondering if you're okay with going alone." He started, he didn't mention anything Taehyung had said just to have her speak out to him first but like he expected, she gave him an obvious answer.

"Of course I'll be fine. Like I said, I'll be able to deal with it. So don't worry about coming." She replied confidently but the nervousness couldn't be fully masked. "Okay, I'm a bit nervous. But I think it shouldn't be bad, right?" She turned to him for some confirmation. He could tell she needed some sort of support, and he turned to her with a smile and nodded. 

Namjoon sat at his desk with his face resting on his hands and contemplated if he should move his schedule Saturday night to attend it with her. Running his hand down his face, he turned off his lamp and headed to bed. Maybe a good night sleep will help clear his mind.

 

--Yeonah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter