Chapter 18

What Am I To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Namjoon--

 

"Namjoon ah.," Hoseok said placing his hand on his friend's shoulder.

Namjoon finally let out a sob, "No match." His voice broke and he finally hung his head. 

The members couldn't say or do anything; they knew this news was a slap in the face for Namjoon.

"I don't get it." He said sniffling, "10 including Yoojung, Eunhae and Taehee, four parents.... that's 14 people in total. Yet none matched..." 

"Namjoon ah..." Yoongi called out softly, he moved in and embraced the younger one. "We'll find a donor. We can't lose hope." He tried comforting him. 

"That's right hyung, we'll keep searching." The younger ones said wiping their tears and wrapping their arms around their leader. Soon it became a group hug. At that moment, he wasn't their leader, he wasn't just a member of the worldwide famous BTS but just a vulnerable young man who was in love with his wife and they were his brothers.

"Namjoon." The dancers walked over and called him. Namjoon lifted his head from Yoongi's shoulder and above the others to look at them through blurry vision. "We've just got tested," They continued.

Namjoon's eyes widened at their confession. "What?"

They smiled, "We've been through thick and thin together for so long, how can we not help when someone as much as family needs it?" 

Everyone was speechless, the members mouths were wide open. "How--"

"We're family here at the company, we know when one is in need." They smiled as they got closer. Earning another group hug from the dancers.

"Thank you guys...you guys don't know how much that means to me." Namjoon said thanking each and every one.

"That's why, we're not going to give up." The dancers continued, "Let's get through this together." 

 

"Can you not pout babe?" She asked as he laid beside her with his arms tightly wrapped around her. He was in too much deep thoughts that he didn't realize he hadn't said anything since they laid down.

"mm?" He snapped back and looked down at her to see her staring back at him with worried eyes.

"Don't pout. We both knew this isn't easy." She whispered.

He took a deep sigh and pulled her closer as if the closeness between them currently isn't enough for him. "I just wish a miracle can happen soon. I want you home with me, lying on our bed, waking up and eating breakfast together, and other things." He whispered against her temple.

"I'm sorry..." She managed to say after a long silence causing Namjoon to pull away. 

"What are you sorry about? There's nothing to be sorry about. If anything it's my fault--"

"No it's never your fault. Maybe if we hadn't met, you would probably be a lot happi---" He kissed her to stop her from continuing, the kiss was soft and loving.

"Don't say that. You're the best thing that happened to me." He whispered after pulling away a bit, his lips still close that she can feel the movement of lips as he said those words. "I'm never leaving your side. I want a family with you, I want everything to be with you. So don't ever say sorry because I love you and I want nothing but you." He kissed her again before they fell asleep.

The morning came to quick, she shifted in her sleep and turned to look at the clock on the wall. 8am. "Namjoon ah.." She called him quietly. He shifted and pulled her closer. "Namjoon...wake up, you need to head to work." She called him again.

"I'm planning to take some time off." He mumbled against her neck.

"What?" 

"I want to." He responded.

"You shouldn't, its an important time. Your upcoming tour." She said pulling away to look at his face.

"We're planning to move the date."

"No don't do that! If it's because of me, I'm telling you no. I don't want everything to be because of me."

"It is all about you. You're my life," 

"I don't want you to. Please, I'm fine. You've been by my side for awhile now, you should know how I am. I'm doing fine." 

He sighed and pulled her back into a hug, "I already promised you..." She continued mumbling against his chest. "I won't give up and I'll be fine. When you come back, I'll be right here waiting for you."

 

"Are you sure? The company can move the date Namjoon." Bang PD asked during the final meeting to release the concert dates.

Namjoon was silent but he knew everyone had been waiting to be back on tour again and with the amount of work everyone had put in, he couldn't bare to have everything pushed back. He for sure knew his wife wouldn't let him and will chew him if he ended up giving in to his selfish side. "Yeah, we're sure." was his response and with that the dates were set. 

 

---Yeonah--

 

Namjoon came and stayed with me every single day, I knew he was exhausted having to work, go home, shower and come straight to the hospital. I felt guilty but I was thankful to have him as a husband. We both knew we were going to be apart for a while due to the tour overseas so we wanted to make the best of the time left.

"Are you craving anything?" He asked one night, wrapping his arms around my waist and his chin on my shoulder as we stood and overlooked the city through the window of my room.

I shook my head, "I'm okay."

"But you didn't eat much today." He responded with concern.

"Who said that? I ate a lot when you were at work." I said.

"Without me?" He asked pouting and I giggled, turning around in his arms. "Yeah, without you." 

He scoffed and hugged me, "I'm glad then, at least I won't have to worry about you not eating when I'm not here." We both giggled and stayed like that for a while.

"Namjoon..." I whispered and he hummed in response for me to continue. "Can we go home?"

Breaking our hug he stared at me in confusion and it prompted me to continue. "I want to be home with you until you leave. We only have two days left before you leave. I also miss our home." 

"Did the doctor say you can?" He asked.

"I asked him this morning, he said I can but I have to be back here after you leave." 

Namjoon pulled me back in for another hug before answering, "If that's what you want babe, I'll go talk to the doctor and see if we can go home tomorrow morning." 

"I love you." I said happily and pulled away to give him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter