Chapter 4

What Am I To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--Yeonah--

 

"Yes mom?" I answered the call in the middle of making lunch for the two of us. Namjoon was off for the morning and said he'd be heading off to work later in the afternoon so I offered to cook him something for lunch instead of ordering in. 

"You and Namjoon are coming this Saturday right?" My mom asked over the phone when I turned off the stove before answering her.

"No mom, I'll be going alone." I answered. I could hear her asking why Namjoon wasn't coming with me especially when this was an invitation for the two of us and first as a married couple.

"Mom, you know it's hard for us to do this as it already is. I feel guilty everyday for putting him in such a position. Now asking him to attend something like this? I can't. I rather go there and face them on my own then to drag him into it." I replied with a sigh and was only met with my mom and my dad's voice in the background trying to talk me out of blaming myself. 

"I know...I understand where you all are coming from, but I already told you. This isn't going to work, even if a part of me wants it to work...it's not going to." I said looking at Namjoon's room door to see if he was coming out anytime soon.

I hung up the phone after convincing my parents that I wasn't going to force Namjoon into anything else. Forcing him into this marriage was already hard on him and I don't want to bring any more trouble to him.

I set the table before walking over to his room and gently knocking on it. "Namjoon? Lunch is ready." 

"Oh!" He said behind the door and I walked back to my seat to wait for him. He walked out and came over to the table with a smile as he looked at the table. "Thanks for cooking Yeonah ah." He said pulling his chair closer to the table. 

"Was that mother in law on the phone?" He asked after swallowing a spoon of soup.

"You--you heard?" I asked. "I was trying to be as quiet as possible." I whispered but he seemed to have heard it all too well. 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it. I can take care of it." I replied as we ate. 

"Hey," He caught my attention again as I looked up to meet his gaze. "Talk to me, although this situation we're in is not mutual. I'm still here as your friend." 

My lips curled at his words and I found myself just letting everything out to him. "There's this art gallery opening this weekend and it's the son of both our parents' friends. He invited us to attend this Saturday and mom was reminding me of it." 

He nodded and the look in his face seemed unreadable and I knew he was feeling conflicted. "Don't worry about it. I can deal with it myself. I already turned it down on your behalf so don't think about it." I smiled before picking up my spoon and continued our lunch meal. 

I cleaned up our leftovers and washed the dishes as Namjoon got ready to head out to work. He walked by to the kitchen and he stood next to me while I washed the dishes. "Something wrong?" I asked him as I looked up to his tall figure.

"Thanks," He said out of no where.

"For?" I asked. "I didn't do anything to deserve that." I scoffed as I continued washing the dishes.

"For not forcing me into anything else." He replied with a smile. 

"I don't think my heart will allow that even if I wanted to." I giggled and he ruffled my hair, something he used to do. "I'm heading out now. Don't wait up on me. I might be home late." He said and I nodded waving him out. 

I quickly looked at the time and noticed it was around 3pm, "Ahh...I'm going to be late." I said before rushing to my room to quickly change. I had an appointment and totally forgot about it after being occupied with Namjoon this whole afternoon. 

 

--Namjoon--

 

Although she told him not to worry about it, he kept on thinking about her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter