FIVE

Betrayed Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝I've always been waiting, counting down the days...❞

↢ ↣ ↢ ↣ ↢ ↣

6 months later

Ayla sighed as she carefully pushed Ara's stroller as her personal assistant, Sarah, tagged behind with their luggages. It was a little hectic for her to manage both Ara and her luggages if she were alone, therefore it was a blessing that Tiffany allowed Sarah to follow her on this trip.

Stopping over at the cafe near the arrival hall, Ayla peek over at her little angel that was fast asleep in her stroller. She sighed in relief and turned to Sarah telling her to rest for a little while they waited for their ride to arrive. Ayla smiled a little, the now one-year-old Ara was always a deep sleeper like her father and she was rarely cranky. To Ayla, it was a blessing as when she would be busy with work, Ara could be occupied with other things. Ayla sat by herself quietly as she watched people around her moving about. It was fascinating for her to watch all these people moving.

"Welcome back to Seoul," the now jet-black haired girl whispered softly to herself before a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

Yes, she was back. Two years ago, Ayla left Seoul to heal her shattered heart. She left to keep the the biggest secret away from her family and friends and now she was finally back. Of course, it was not her choice to return to Seoul at first.

"What?" Ayla gasped in shock as her eyes stared widely at Tiffany who was smiling brightly.

Tiffany nodded her head in excitement. Yes, she thought it was finally time for Ayla to return to their homeland to run their Korea's branch of Magnetic Moon Events and Co. Also, Tiffany believed it was time for Ayla to face her own problems and fears. In her eyes, it was no point for the young woman to continue running away.

"No unnie! You promised that I could stay here as long as I wanted!" Ayla was at the brink of frustration as she watched the woman she regarded as her sister smiled.

Tiffany sighed, "How long Ayla? You can hide for next 4-5 years but when Ara is all grown up, she would still be asking for her father. You need to face your problems and not run." she continued with a soft tone.

Ayla groaned. Tiffany was right. There was no point of her running because at one point, she still need to return and face all her problems.

"I am not ready, unnie." She replied with the most heartbreaking sob.

Tiffany nodded understandingly, "I know but take this is the best opportunity! The CEO of Blooming Enginering wanted our best event planner to work alongside with their company for any events they are catering from now on, and with your experiences the past 2 years and your portfolio, you're the best person to help me as Vice President of Magnetic Moon Events and Co in Seoul!" she explained.

Ayla was quiet as she stared at Tiffany with sad eyes. How could she return? Her heart was not ready.

"You can't hide forever Ayla. As long as you continue hiding, you're not actually moving on. You're hurting yourself. I promise, you will find your happiness once you're able to face all your problems there." Tiffany persuaded with her gentle tone.

She knew Ayla had never been truly happy and this current opening at her branch in Seoul as Vice President is definitely Ayla's chance to return back to Seoul and learn to face her problems.

Ayla sighed, defeated at Tiffany's words.

"Fine, I'll go back to Seoul." she decided reluctantly as Tiffany smiled in triumph.

You will find your happiness, Ayla. I promise. Tiffany thought.

"Let's go Miss Ayla, the car is here." Sarah chirped happily as she started to push the trolley full of luggages out of the arrival hall towards the pick up point with Ayla tagging behind her - pushing Ara's stroller.

"We would be heading to your apartment first, Miss Ayla." Mr Park, the driver, spoke as they exited Incheon Airport.

Ayla nodded her head absentminded. She knew that Tiffany had already prepared an apartment for her and Mr Park would be her driver until she decided to get a car of her own. That was if she decided to stay more than the 6 months agreement between the two of them.

Tiffany had always loved her like her own sister and Ayla definitely appreciate everything that Tiffany had done for her. Deciding to come back to Seoul was also partly due to her respect towards Tiffany and she could never say no to the older woman.

"You seemed to be a young mother, Miss Ayla. May I know how old are you?" Mr Park asked - curious at his new employer.

Ayla smiled at his question, "I am 26 years old this year," she replied as Mr Park nodded his head in silence.

Ara's little moan distracted the young mother as she whispered sweet nothing in the baby's ears to lull her back to sleep. From the corner of his eyes, Mr Park smiled at Ayla's sweet gestures. Even without words, he knew Ayla love Ara more than anything in this world.

Ayla adjusted Ara's position in her lap, "Where are we, Ara?" She asked playfully while gently bouncing the hyped Ara on her lap.

The little one seems to be dazzle by the new sight. Her deep crescent eyes open wide as she stares at the surrounding outside the cab. Her little fingers curled against Ayla's baby blue blouse - somehow in nervousness. Ara's tiny lips potruded out as she gurgled at every single thing that the car passed by. Ayla cannot help but to smile at her daughter.

"Would you like to visit the office after this, Miss?" Mr Park asked as they were nearby her apartment complex.

Ayla shook her head, "No Mr Park. We would like to rest for the time being. I'll visit the office tomorrow. Please be here by 7.30 am." She reminded her elderly driver as he nodded his head.

As soon as the car stopped at the lobby of the expensive apartment complex, Ayla carried Ara out of the car while Mr Park and Sarah helped her with the luggage. Ayla thanked the man and her assistant before following the bellboy into the grand apartment complex.

Again, Tiffany had prepared the apartment to Ayla liking and full of her and Ara's pictures making it cosy. Without wasting her time, Ayla quickly bathed Ara and changed her into her pyjamas as it is already late at night and past Ara's bedtime.

Ayla stared at the Seoul's skyline as tears formed in her eyes. She missed the view of the city so much. The p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter