SEVEN

Betrayed Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝I hear things that I never hear when you are with...❞

↢ ↣ ↢ ↣ ↢ ↣

Sehun sighed the umpteenth times as he stared at the red binder in his grasp. It was one of the days that he had to attend meeting after meeting and despite it being his second meeting of the day, he was already feeling drained and restless. He stiffled another yawn as he tried to gather his strength to focus on the speaker again.

He quietly wandered back to Ayla that had been missing for nearly 3 years now. Where could she be? He pondered. 

"Sir," the voice of his secretary, Hyejin, broke his trance as he looked over to his left where she was sitting.

He frowned, "Yes?" his reply was short and firm.

She smiled gently before eyeing to the speaker at the front that was waiting for the man with power to evaluate his new marketing strategy that he wanted to implement for their company. Sehun muffled a sigh and nodded his head before leaving the meeting room - leaving the rest confused. He never walked off a meeting and definitely not without telling them how he felt regarding their ideas. It was both weird and surprising for his staff.

Hyejin fastened her pace to catch up with her unpredictable boss before stopping him right in front of the elevator. People might think she would be scared of Sehun but that was far from reality. Instead, in many countless situations, Sehun was more afraid of this mighty noona.

"What even Oh Sehun?" Hyejin puffed as soon as they entered the elevator. 

She was fuming. After Ayla, Hyejin was the only one who ever really listened to his troubles and worries. At times, she was the one who saw him shed tears especially when he was feeling nostalgic. Hyejin knew that Ayla must be one of the reasons why Sehun decided to ditch the marketing meeting that he called for. The young CEO would never decide to walk out just like that and she knew that better than anyone else.

"What noona?" Sehun lazily replied as Hyejin shook her head in anger.

She smacked his arm hard, "Ayla again?" she guessed.

Sehun's expression darkened as he clenched his jaw tight. Hyejin could read him so well that it frustrated him sometime how well she could just guess what was in his mind. 

Am I that easy to read? Sehun wondered as he continued his silence.

"Yes, you are. The last time you stomped out of a meeting just like that was when Chairman Oh spoke of Ayla by mistake. How could I not know it was because of her?" His assistant smirked.

Sehun sighed. What was he supposed to do? He tried his ways to find her. Even abused his powers to find Ayla but he was still unable to do so for over 2 years. The man was slowly giving up. 

"Do you need me to cancel all your meetings today?" Hyejin asked softly - understanding the overwhelming emotions that the younger man had.

Sehun nodded tired. He needed to clear his mind and having the Friday off would be better than staying stuck in the massive office with meetings. Hyejin silently tapped away on her Ipad, cancelling all Sehun's appointment for the day. She knew that he wanted some time off from everything. Especially now that everyone continued to have accidentally slipped Ayla's name in his presence. 

"Thanks noona. You can just text me if you need anything." Sehun spoke up before making his way out from the massive building. 

He drove aimlessly for almost an hour before deciding to stop by at the same fried chicken restaurant that Ayla had like. Sehun looked up from the comfort of his car and stared directly towards the busy restaurant. His heart ached as he thought of the times he spent sitting down inside the restaurant waiting for Ayla to finish her chicken quietly and contented.

Where did all the time went?

He made his way out of the car and walked into the busy restaurant. The last time he was in here, he barged out when Chanyeol kept talking about Ayla and he was just not ready to hear her name leave anybody's lips yet. He ran his fingers through his neatly combed ash-grey hair. Being a CEO aside, he still enjoyed being a fashionista that he was - that was why at times, he still changed his hair color and plenty of times gave his assistant and father a shock at his choice of color. 

"Sehunnie!" The elderly woman greeted her used-to-be regular customer happily. 

She had always been fond of the boys and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter