One [Edited]

Betrayed Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

O N E

A soft and gentle breeze brushed the girl's skin as she fluttered her eyes closed slowly in pure appreciation of the arrival of a beautiful autumn season. The season of pumpkin spice, Halloween spirit, and knitted sweaters were finally back, and it was the girl's favorite season. Autumn was a season that matched her personality perfectly – the slightly cold air with a tinge of warm sun. It was an ideal description for the 19-year-old freshman at Seoul University named Kim Ayla.

 

She was used to being called the autumn princess in her previous high school. Unlike her warm and bubbly sister, Ayla was slightly unapproachable due to her lack of ability to smile. It made the students wary as they thought she was arrogant, but she was just a giant marshmallow. Despite her difficulties in smiling, she was still one of the most popular students in her school with good grades and, of course, a gorgeous look. Many had tried to win her heart, but hers was set on one person - Oh Sehun.

 

In the young girl's vision, he was the perfect man. Good family background? Checked. Good education level? Definitely. Good personality? Ayla always thought he had the best out there. Good career? Of course, he was, after all, going to take over the position of CEO from his father soonest.

 

Sehun had locked Ayla's heart for the longest time, but he never really knew about it. You could say he was dense or too busy chasing after another girl. Either way, in his eyes, she was still the cute 5-year-old kid he befriended on the first day the Kims had moved into the new neighborhood.

 

How was she sure she had fallen in love?

 

Honestly, Ayla would have never figured that her love was more than just a sisterly love if not for the accident four years ago. Sehun had met with an accident when he was 18 years old. At that point, Ayla was barely 15 years old, and she was a pampered girl that sulked over anything that was not in her favor. The young girl was sulking that Sehun had broken his promise to be early for her birthday party previously, and she was on a no-talking strike with him.

 

As he was busy comforting her, Ayla dashed across a heavy traffic road where she did not notice an oncoming car speeding directly towards her. The panicked Sehun pushed Ayla away before the vehicle crashed into him. The impact was enough to send him flying a few meters, and that accident alone had scared the daylight out of Ayla.

 

When she saw the lifeless Sehun closing his eyes after making sure she was alright. At that moment, Ayla realized that her world would collapse entirely if he were gone. At that moment, she realized that her love for Sehun was not just as a younger sister anymore. It was more than that.

 

The accident alone had changed Ayla a lot. It taught her that anything could happen and that she should not be petty. Therefore, she should be more appreciative of people and their effort – no matter how little it was. Ultimately, that incident made her bloom into the stunning and understanding young woman she was. Despite her attempt to change, the person she wished to impress never realized that all she had done was because of him.

 

"If only he realized that I love him," Ayla sighed softly as the cold air danced against her cheeks – gently making her ash-grey wavy long hair dance.

 

A dark shadow cast over her, and Ayla gently opened her eyes.

 

"Realised what?" A soft, husky voice questioned.

 

Ayla beamed at the familiar voice. She raised her head and matched eyes with a dark brown orb staring curiously at her. The male walked to her right and plopped down on the green grass. Her heart skipped a beat at their quick eye contact.

 

Did he hear anything? She was slightly panicked.

 

"Whether you realize how beautiful the sky is today," Ayla stammered – covering her little slip of the tongue.

 

It never got more manageable for her to cover her feelings whenever Sehun was around her. Ayla knew that he was aware of her emotion somewhere in the back of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter