Four [Edited]

Betrayed Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

F O U R

The city's skyline started to darken in the background as bright neon lights filled every inch of the never-sleeping city of New York. Ayla inhaled deeply before peeling her eyes off the Macbook in front of her. Her eyes glanced towards the darkening sky outside her office glass windows. It has been a year since she decided to leave Seoul and take up the offer given to her by one of her close seniors at the University - Tiffany Hwang.

With little knowledge and experience, she fled to Los Angeles so that she was able to start her apprenticeship with Tiffany. Another reason for her leaving was to create a new life without seeing Sehun and Riann together. Ayla was not ready to see their happiness even though she was moving far away from everyone she loved. It was difficult for her, but slowly she adapted to the new life she had built in an attempt to heal her broken heart.

"Ayla," her secretary's soft voice and gentle knock against her glass table brought her rambling thoughts back to reality.

The blond woman sat patiently at the other end of the table as she watched her boss drift back into their conversation.

Ayla carefully put the opened black file in her hands onto the table, "Yes?" her voice was quiet.

"Nothing," her secretary shook her head politely, "It is just that you look tired and dazed." She observed her superior.

"Would you like to go home? We can finish this discussion tomorrow." The secretary named Sarah suggested.

The red lips curled into a small genuine smile before Ayla nodded in agreement. Some rest would do good for her. Fleeing Seoul had its effect. Ayla lost her will to smile and socializing skills. The petite woman turned into an introvert that always cautiously put a great distance between her and strangers. No one dared snoop around in her business when she transferred into the company. Till today, not one employee knew much about her, and Ayla would like to keep it that way.

"Thank you, Sarah. You may go now," Ayla replied with genuine appreciation toward her secretary, that was already clearing the scattered files on the table.

Ayla sighed softly once the blonde woman left her alone in the office. She slipped into her CHANEL coat and grabbed her Louis Vuitton Speedy quietly. She left the office in silence as her mind wandered back to Seoul.

Ever since she left home, Ayla never called once. She kept updated about her parents only through news articles that popped out occasionally regarding their charity balls or events for OHK.

Will I ever be ready to see them again? Ayla wondered silently.

"Good evening, Miss Ayla," the security officer in the lobby greeted her as soon as she stepped out of the elevator.

Ayla nodded curtly, "Have a nice evening, Chad." She replied before leaving the building.

Ayla carefully stepped into her red Range Rover Evoque before speeding off. The yellow and red strikes in the sky falling onto her car windshield made the woman long for someone she was not allowed to have a little more today.

It felt wrong, but she could not help the yearning tugging her heart.

"Why do I feel like the universe is against me if I continue to stare at the sunset?" She mumbled softly to herself.

Ayla drove mindlessly as her thoughts replayed the memories of the one person she was supposed to forget. Why? She silently thought as she leaned back against her driver's seat. Why must you invade my mind over and over again?

He was why she left Seoul, though, against all odds, he was still the only one she thought of every day - messing with her mind. The young woman was tired of lingering around someone that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter