EPILOGUE

Betrayed Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝Thank you my betrayed lover for waiting...❞

↢ ↣ ↢ ↣ ↢ ↣

Ayla stirred in her sleep as she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her torso. She frowned lightly before fluttering her eyes open lazily. Her body was sore and the lack of sunlight told her it was the wee hours of the morning. Ayla slowly turned her body towards the man laying next to her - surprised to see Sehun was wide awake. Was he not tired from yesterday? she thought as she marvelled at the bare body of the man named Oh Sehun - her husband.

Sehun smiled warmly at the woman who was waking up. He loved how Ayla always had that lazy look when she had to wake up early in the morning and the older man did pity having to wake her up so early in the morning. It was only 5.30 am but he was not able to sleep therefore deciding he should try to wake Ayla up so that they could watch the sunrise later together. 

"You're not sleeping?" Ayla raspy voice questioned as Sehun shook his head, "Why? Are you alright?" she asked worried.

Sehun chuckled softly, "No, I just have so many questions in my head." he replied with much honesty.

Ayla sat up comfortably as she adjusted her sleeping robe. Her eyes glanced towards the back of Sehun's and sighed. The sound of the wave crashing and the stars shining were beautiful both to her eyes and ears. But to her, nothing could replace Sehun who was laying next to her. 

"The beach would not go anywhere baby," Sehun chortled as Ayla threw him a playful dirty look at his sarcasm.

She walked up towards the the patio of the room where it was directly facing the Indian Ocean before carefully taking a seat at one of the lounge chair facing the infinity pool they had in their room. Sehun who had followed her, gently tapped her shoulders - asking the woman to scoot forward as he made himself comfortable on the same lounge chair before pulling Ayla into his embrace. They sat quietly in the comfortable silence.

Maldives is so beautiful. Ayla thought as her eyes never leaving the stars.

"What is it that you are thinking?" She finally broke the comfortable silence after sometime.

Sehun grinned sheepishly. The question he had was always lingering in his head but he never knew how to ask but maybe it was time they talked seriously like two adults. He tightened his hold on Ayla as the latter snuggled deeper into his broad chest - contented at the feeling of being close to her love one.

"Why did you say you will only tell me your answer when you're 24?" he started softly as Ayla looked confused.

She racked her mind - refreshing her memories before coming to realization that it was about his confession.

Ayla shyly chuckled, "I thought you were just joking, oppa." she answered truthfully.

"But why 24?" Sehun persisted as Ayla smiled at the distant memory.

"Ayla, if I ask you to be girlfriend now, would you say yes or no?" The 19-year-old Sehun asked with all seriousness as Ayla was stumped by his question.

She shook her head, "Wait until I turn 24 I will answer, oppa!" she replied with a sneaky smile - hiding her racing heart behind that smile.

Ayla thought she saw a hint of disappointment passing through Sehun's eyes but she dared not point it out. Afterall, he could just be joking since it was her birthday. The Exo boys loved to prank her during her birthday and Ayla quickly assumed it probably was just one of Sehun's small prank.

"Wait, why 24?" Kai asked her when they were alone as Sehun had excused himself to the bathroom in the fried chicken restaurant.

Ayla shrugged, "I am too young, oppa. I would have graduated university by 24 and Sehun oppa would already be taking over OHK. I feel like if I ever want to be his girlfriend, it would be when I am confident and capable of doing things myself. Then, at least he won't be embarrassed to have a girlfriend like me, that if he likes me anyway." She sheepishly smiled as Kai nodded.

"But aren't you scared he would change his mind if what he asked you were true?" Kai tried fishing answers for his best friend.

Ayla threw another shrug, "Well, I think if we truly love someone, we would wait even if it takes years for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter