V I N G T - E T - H U I T

Unwritten Destiny

 

 

C H A P T E R ~ T W E N T Y E I G H T

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNGJAE | K-Pop Amino

 

The Abyss

 

From the next day onwards the investigation began. Neither team wanted to give up on this mission. But that didn’t mean the Roulette was okay with The CBI. There was still immense hate for the lying group of people. 

 

Jennie sighed irritatedly. “Can you people go away and do what Wen told you to do? It’s like you’re breathing down our necks or something.” She tries shooing them away.

 

Yeri shrugs at her comment. “Wendy told us to check with our boss and Young Jae. Half of us are with our boss and the other half are waiting for Jin to give us Youngjae’s address. SO if anything it should be you people working faster.” The youngling rolls her eyes

 

Jennie leans in Tae to whisper. “I swear to god if Wen gives me permission I’d bury her right on the spot.” To which the guy just laughs.

 

Jin entered the room with a paper. “Ok here’s the address. Apparently after Yoongi’s supposed ‘death’. Youngjae became traumatized and almost tried committing suicide. After a lot of therapy, everyone decided it’d be best if he moved to a peaceful area. This means you guys are taking a trip down to Boryeong which will lead you to Daecheon Beach.” He concludes handing them the paper

 

Jimin, Namjoon, Jisoo, and Yeri look down at the paper before looking back up. “Thank you.” Jisoo softly says trying to meet Jin’s eyes. Jin looks away and sits back down at his computer. 

 

Feeling dejected, the four walked out the door making their way to Daecheon Beach.

 

Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency 

 

Hoseok, Hayi, Sungjae, and Irene entered the station with determination, dying to know what happened to Yoongi. The group inched closer and closer to their bosses office and closer to the truth. 

 

The guard standing outside stopped the 4 from entering but immediately shut up and let them go when he saw their hard expressions and badges. “Ahh if it isn’t my favourite team in this station.” Their boss smiles upon seeing their entrance.

 

The group manages to release tight smiles and return his hugs. He motions them to sit down  and looks at them. “So what do you want to know?” He asks

 

Hoseok looks up in surprise at the question. He turns his head to look at his fellow members who have the same expression. “How did you know we want to know something sir?” He asks

 

Mr. Choi raised his head and smiled fondly at the four. “Oh come on  Hoseok, I practically raised you guys. I can easily find out if you guys are in distress and right now I can sense it. So my dear children, what information do you need from me?” He asks, leaving them stunned.

 

 Hoseok clears his throat. “Well sir, through an anonymous tip, someone told us that Yoongi isn’t on our country’s deceased list. We didn’t even hold a funeral for him. What happened to Yoongi sir?” 

 

As soon as Hoseok asked this question, it triggered a sigh from the elder. “Well on that day, after Yeri shot ‘the Enforcer’ you guys rushed out immediately. And we told you that Yoongi died three days later. But what you don’t know is that Yoongi was actually taken hostage by the Enforcer.” He revealed

 

The group looked down in shock as they found out what the Roulette said is actually true. “So Yoongi might be alive?” Irene asked

 

Mr. Choi looked down in defeat and nodded. “Yes it is a possibility but the chances of him being actually alive are very slim.” he said immediately hoping to shut down any hope these kids had.

 

Hoseok looked up with passion burning in his eyes. “Doesn’t matter sir. The fact that there are chances is enough for us to try.” he said getting up and walking out of the room.

 

Outside the room, Hayi, Sungjae, and Irene leaned on Hoseok showing that they were there for him. Whatever it takes, whoever they need to work with it didn't matter to them. They needed to get their leader back.

 

Daecheon Beach

 

The group pulled up outside a beach house anticipating what’s about to come to them. “Are we sure we want to disturb Youngjae’s peaceful life?” Jimin stopped them.   

 

Jisoo sighed. “It’s probably not a moral thing to do but it’s something we need to do.” She said as she stepped up to the door and knocked.

 

The door opened to show a lanky boy in a cardigan. The boy’s face lights up as he sees the friends/almost family of his late boyfriend. “Oh my god! Jimin, Jisoo, Namjoon, and Yeri. I haven’t seen you guys since, well since Yoongi. But come in!!” He invites the in

 

The bunch noticed that Youngjae’s sunshine-like behaviour hadn't changed and the respect for the young man grew even more. They walked in and saw a shrine of Yoongi’s pictures.

 

Youngjae who noticed their faces decided to answer the unasked question. “If you think I’m going to move on from him, I’m not. He was my one and only soulmate and I’m going to keep it that way. My parents aren’t too happy that I’m going to be single my whole life but for what it’s worth I am happy with his memories.” He says sitting down.

 

The four sit down opposite to Youngjae and look at each other. Jisoo being the eldest decided she’d be the one to break the news. She stood up and went beside Youngjae who looked at them with a confused expression as to why they looked so hesitant. 

 

He let out a smile. “Is everything okay?” He asked

 

Jisoo gulped and put her hand on his. “Youngjae, we need to tell you something cause we really need your help.” She started

 

Youngjae’s expression changed and slowly nodded. “What’s happening?” 

 

Jisoo took a big breath. “Well we have information that Yoongi might be alive. You see when he allegedly passed away they couldn’t find the body. And he doesn't have a death stamp or a certificate.” She explained

 

The room fell silent as the four waited for his reaction and Youngjae tried to digest the information. Suddenly Youngjae stood up and went to a desk nearby, trying to search for something frantically. He returned with papers filled with words.

 

As he tried to catch his breath he showed the papers. “All of these were sent to me through code on the computer. I was annoyed but they reminded me of what Yoongi used to do when I worked too much. He used to hack my computer to send messages.” Youngjae was beginning to hyperventilate.

 

Yeri rubbed his back in an attempt to soothe him. “Ok, Youngjae it isn’t safe for you to stay here anymore just in case. We’re going to take you back to another safe place.” She said helping him up planning to take him to the roulette HQ. It’s his and their last hope.

 

No river can return to its source, yet all rivers must have a beginning. 

~~~

EH WELCOME TO THE TEAM SIR CHOI YOUNGJAE!!!

this is the last part, mind you there were 7 parts posted before this. i hope you enjoyed my work i'm currently working on chapter 29, hopefully i'll have it out soon! peace y'all.