Chapter 3

Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

POHANG

“Wow, aren’t you early today, Eonnie?” So Min teases her while grabbing herself a cup of coffee. It’s only 9.30 in the morning but Ji Hyo is already ready to go and I Seul is already done with his breakfast.

“I’m taking I Seul-ie to Mi Na Imo today.” Ji Hyo ignores the younger woman’s teasing and lifts I Seul up to get him ready.

“To play with Bomi?”

“Geureom.”

“We’re playing with Bomi today, Eomma?” Ji Hyo can see I Seul’s face lights up.

“Ne, but you have to be good for Mi Na Halmeoni, okay? And you have to help Mi Na Halmeoni in her house too.”

I Seul nods his head excitedly. “I love Bomi and Mi Na Halmeoni!” He even claps his hands and squeals. His expression is exactly the same as his Appa. When they’re excited, they squint their small eyes and they look smiley. Sometimes she even wonders how similar I Seul can be to Jong Kook even when they never meet each other.

“Gaja, I Seul-ah. Mi Na Halmeoni is waiting for us.”

It’s only ten when they arrive at Mi Na’s house, which means she can be at her shop at 10.30 tops. Finally, she won’t be late again.

“Imo, thank you very much for taking care of I Seul today.” Ji Hyo bows politely.

“Don’t be, Seong Im-ah. It’s my pleasure to take care of this sweet boy.” Mi Na smiles, looking at the little boy who’s already by Bomi’s side.

“Please call me if anything happens.”

“Of course, but please don’t worry. We’ll be having fun, I promise.” Mi Na assures her.

“I’ll pick him up after lunch, Imo.” Ji Hyo informs because in the late afternoon Mi Na is visiting her daughter’s family with Bomi.

Once again, Ji Hyo bows down gratefully and leaves the place.

 

 

“Omona, Hye Min-ah! Look who’s already here!” Hong Da exclaims loudly when Ji Hyo opens the front door at 10.25 am, making Ji Hyo playfully hides her reddening face with her hands.

“Wow, you’re not late today, Eonnie?” Hye Min goes along with it.

“Geumanhae, it’s not that big.” Ji Hyo laughs. “But no, from today I will always be on time. Ish.”

Both of her helpers also laugh.

“That’s what you always say, Eonnie.” Hong Da replies with a smirk. “But it’s okay seriously, you’re the boss and you have a son, Hye Min and I can take care of the shop when you’re not here yet. You know that.”

“I do.” Ji Hyo nods gratefully. She can’t be more thankful to have both of her helpers that are really nice and helpful. “By the way, did Lee Seong Hee already call?”

“Ah, Dong Wook Oppa’s dongsaeng, right?” Hye Min asks.

“Yep.”

“She called earlier asking what time the shop opens.” Hye Min answers.

“And, she also asks about her soon-to-be sister-in-law.” Hong Da adds with a playful tone.

“Who? You?” Ji Hyo plays dumb.

“You, Eonnie!” Hong Da answers with a laugh. “Don’t you know that you’re the candidate for Dong Wook Oppa’s soon-to-be wife?”

Ji Hyo shrugs. “I will let him know if you like him so much, okay?”

“Aniya, Eonnie!”

“Shh.” Ji Hyo chuckles. “Where is Hye Min by the way? Wasn’t she here before?”

Hye Min is nowhere to be seen when they’re done joking around. Where is she anyway?

“The office? Or the storage maybe?” Hong Da wonders.

“Why didn’t she say anything before?” Ji Hyo asks.

“I’m not sure. But she seemed upset earlier when she came in.” Hong Da fills in.

“Upset?” Ji Hyo frowns. “I’ll go check on her. Please continue getting ready and tell me if Seong Hee is already here.”

Ji Hyo goes upstairs to check on Hye Min. It’s unusual for her not to be cheerful. There’s no one in the office, she’s not sitting on her desk. Even after checking carefully, Hye Min is still can’t be found. Then, Ji Hyo goes to the mini storage at the back of the office. The storage is dark, it’s not lit by any lights. Are the lights broken?

“Hye Min-ah…” Ji Hyo carefully calls out.

Ji Hyo hears a quick shuffling and Hye Min’s wavering hum response. Ji Hyo immediately turns on the lights and they work. She finds Hye Min sitting on a small box in the corner with tears flowing down her cheeks.

“Hye Min-ah, what happened?” Ji Hyo rushes to her side quickly, feeling concerned. “Hey, why are you crying?”

“Nothing, Eonnie.” Hye Min wipes the tears that are running down.

Ji Hyo nods. “I will not pry, Hye Min-ah, but you can always talk to me about anything, okay?”

Hye Min is silent for a few seconds before she starts speaking. “It’s just I had a big fight with Sang Joon Oppa.” Im Sang Joon is Hye Min’s boyfriend for three years. “He didn’t come home after our fight.”

Ji Hyo her back in support. “Have you called him?”

Hye Min shakes her head, sniffling. “No, I’m too scared. I’m scared he will say it’s over.”

“But you won’t know unless you call him, right? Talk to him.”

“I’m scared, Eonnie. What if… What if… I can’t- I can’t live without him.” Hye Min stammers.

“Hye Min-ah, don’t do this to yourself. You are stronger than this. You’re a strong, smart, brave, independent woman, and your life will not end just because someone you love leave you.” Ji Hyo encourages her. “Just talk to him. It’s better to know than leave it hanging. You won’t know the outcome unless you talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter