Chapter 26

Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

POHANG

“Eomma, I’ll go with you to the shop.” Ha Neul says as she pushes her plate away.

Hye Seon has returned to Seoul two days ago in the evening and was picked up by Jong Kook’s Hyung in Seoul.

“Sure, Ha Neul-ah.” Ji Hyo answers, taking Ha Neul’s plate. “And I Seul-ah, stop coloring yourself!” Ji Hyo shouts when she sees her son is drawing lines on his hands and legs.

“Eomma, see!” I Seul shows off his leg, giving her his toothy smile.

“So Min-ah, catch him!” Ji Hyo exclaims, running after him so she can give him a bath.

So Min tries when she’s walking past them, but I Seul slides between her legs and runs again.

I Seul laughs as Ji Hyo exasperatedly tries to run after him again. “Geumanhae, aegi-yah.”

“No, Eomma, catch me.” I Seul says, giggling.

Suddenly Jong Kook enters the room after taking his call.

“Oppa, catch him!” Ji Hyo shrieks.

I Seul doesn’t see Jong Kook coming and crashes into him. Jong Kook clasps his hands around I Seul.

“Finally.” Ji Hyo breathes out, taking the giggly I Seul from Jong Kook’s arms. “I’ve got you.” She says, nuzzling her nose against his.

“What happened, Appa?” Ji Hyo hears Ha Neul asks.

Jong Kook’s face is pale and stiff, but when he hears his daughter ask that, he shakes his head with a small smile.

“Ha Neul-ah, can you help me take I Seul to the bathroom? I’ll join you.” Ji Hyo says to her daughter.

Ha Neul gives her father one narrowed look, before taking her brother’s hand and walks away.

“What happened?” Ji Hyo asks, taking his hand and interlaces her fingers with his.

“I have to go back.” Jong Kook says in a sad tone.

Ji Hyo looks into his eyes and frowns. “To Seoul?”

Jong Kook nods his head. “It’s time for me to go back.” He says pulling her into a hug. “My vacation time is over. Gap Jin just called me.”

“We just got back two days ago.” Ji Hyo chuckles humorlessly.

“I know.” He sighs, pulling away to look straight into her eyes. “But you know what I want.”

“I just thought that I had time.”

“You always have time, think about it.” Jong Kook squeezes her hand. “Now, I want to spend more time with my family before my train early in the morning tomorrow.”

Ji Hyo looks at their tangled fingers together. “I’ll go get ready.”

Jong Kook pulls her back and Ji Hyo comes crashing into his hard chest. “Saranghae.” He says, placing a small kiss on her forehead.

Ji Hyo gives him a bright smile.

 

 

“That’s how it’s done?” Jong Kook asks I Seul in the bathroom. He’s the one who’s bathing their son.

“Your beard looks ugly, Appa. Like this!” I Seul claims.

“Cool. Help me with my beard.” Jong Kook prompts before they both are laughing together. Their laughter can be heard from the kitchen. I Seul has been happier since he starts hanging out with Jong Kook.

Ji Hyo lets out a loud sigh.

“Something’s bothering you, Eonnie?” So Min asks while munching on her bread.

“He has to go.” Ji Hyo says, not looking at So Min.

“So?”

“I don’t want to stay away from him now that we finally got back.” Ji Hyo whines, making So Min chuckles.

“So, pack your bags and go with him.” So Min suggests.

Ji Hyo knows that So Min would say that, but she can’t just leave her like this after all she’s helped.

Ji Hyo is in dilemma on what to do. “You don’t understand.”

So Min tilts her head. She’s understanding something. “I feel like I know what’s stopping you. Eonnie, that is the stupidest thing you can think of. I was fine by myself and even though I’m so happy to have you and I Seul here, I’m perfectly fine on my own.” She assures her. “Besides, I think my relationship with Se Chan is going somewhere.” So Min continues with a whisper.

“Really?” Ji Hyo gasps.

“Yeah! He’s been great, and selfless, and hilarious, and just plain adorable. I’ve been spending the weekend with him.” So Min whispers again.

Ji Hyo lets out another gasp. “How come you didn’t tell me!”

So Min gives an apologetic smile. “I didn’t tell you before because you have more problems than I do, but now that you feel great, I can tell you all of that.” She giggles.

“Ah, So Min-ah, I’m so happy for you.” Ji Hyo gives the younger woman a warm hug.

“That’s why, don’t worry about me.”

Ji Hyo gives So Min a long look before saying, “I’ll think about it. Don’t get tired of me yet.”

So Min playfully rolls her eyes.

“Ha Neul-ah,” Ji Hyo calls out. “Let’s go.”

Ha Neul comes running ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter