Chapter 12

Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEOUL

“Can we stop recording now? I need to get to the hospital.” Jong Kook informed the crews after he got a call from his wife’s manager that she was being delivered to the hospital after fainting at her shooting location.

All the crews were now looking at him in surprise. Wondering what went wrong.

“What happened?” The main PD of the variety show Jong Kook was currently filming, Big Picture, asked. He’s worried that the activity’s too much for him and he was not feeling well. “Are you okay?”

“I am. It’s my wife.” Jong Kook jogged down from the stage.

“Oh? Is Hyungsoo-nim okay?” Ha Ha frowned. He’s the other cast on the variety show.

Jong Kook shook his head. “I don’t know yet, Dong Hoon-ah.” He then turned his head towards the PD and the writers. “Can I excuse myself please?”

The main PD sighed but then nodded his head. It’s his wife after all.

“Will you be back later, Hyung?” One of the writers stopped him before he ran outside. “We’re tight on schedules here.”

“If everything is great with my wife, I’ll be back as soon as possible.” Jong Kook promised.

When he arrived at the hospital, Jong Kook walked quickly to Ji Hyo’s room after being informed by her manager where it was. He saw her awake now.

“What happened, Ji Hyo-yah?” Jong Kook approached the side of her bed. “Don’t overwork yourself.”

“I’m fine, Oppa.” Ji Hyo smiled, trying to get up from the bed.

Jong Kook gently held her down. “Don’t get up yet. I’m worried about you. What happened? Where is the doctor?”

Ji Hyo rolled her eyes, talking too much and always nagging were something Jong Kook would do if he was in panic mode. She noticed it since they had been dating for two years before getting married a little over a year ago.

“Oppa…” Ji Hyo called when she saw Jong Kook started walking towards the door.

“I’m going to call the doctor.” Jong Kook mumbled instead.

“Oppa…” Ji Hyo tried again.

“Maybe you should rest for a while? You shouldn’t do Running Man and shoot your drama at the same time.” Jong Kook started blabbering. “Or maybe you should stop traveling so much? With so many events abroad and all.”

“Oppa…” Ji Hyo sighed this time.

“Huh?” The third call managed to bring Jong Kook back. “You need something, yeobo?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“Huh?” Jong Kook’s mind seemed to be so far away.

“I’m pregnant.” Ji Hyo repeated.

For almost three seconds, Jong Kook only stood there, processing the word. Until his eyes widened. “Really?”

Ji Hyo nodded, her eyes moistened. Was it her fear, her anxiety, her happiness, her excitement, or just her uncontrollable emotion, she didn’t know. But was he ready? Even though they had talked about that a couple of times.

“Are you happy?” Ji Hyo carefully asked because she didn’t get more reaction from Jong Kook.

Jong Kook approached Ji Hyo immediately. “Happy? Are you kidding me? I am more than happy, Ji Hyo-yah. It’s been my dream for as long as I can remember. Thank you so much.” He kissed his wife tenderly. Just an image of a little girl running around in their home brought him to cloud nine. He was sure on the very same day that he was going to spoil that baby with so much love and adoration.

No more strict Jong Kook, only love for their little baby.

“Saranghae, Oppa.”

“Deo saranghae*, yeobo.” He said slowly, sliding her t-shirt up and placed feathery kisses on her still flat belly.

Ji Hyo giggled, trying to push him away. “It tickles, Oppa.”

Jong Kook suddenly remembered. “You have to stop doing Running Man, okay? It’s not safe.”

“But I love Running Man.” Ji Hyo whined. “I think I can still do it as long as it’s not a difficult task.”

“But all of the tasks on Running Man are difficult, Ji Hyo-yah.” Jong Kook reprimanded.

She knew that this would become a huge fight if not resolved quickly. “Let’s ask the doctor and see his opinion.”

And that was the day Ji Hyo decided to quit Running Man. Even though the doctor gave a green light for some of the activities, but Jong Kook begged her to stop because he’s worried. After much talking and consideration between them, the members, and the crews, it was decided that the next episode would be her farewell episode, and it was another hard and teary episode, just like when her Monday Couple left the show.

In exchange, Jong Kook let her finish her drama that already started producing and filming. Although of course, she shouldn’t have been too tired.

“Oppa, what do you want to name the baby?” Ji Hyo asked one day. She was laying down with her head on Jong Kook’s lap.

Jong Kook lovingly her ever-growing belly. “Should we go with nature names?”

“Nature?”

“Yep, you know like Yeo Reum*, Ba Da*, Seol Won*…” Jong Kook started listing beautiful names that went along with nature.

“Ha Neul?” Ji Hyo suggested.

“Right, Ha Neul is pretty. Should we go with Ha Neul?” Jong Kook went along.

“Kim Ha Neul.” Ji Hyo nodded, before getting up to sit down beside him. “It’s uni too, Oppa.”

“Ha Neul it is.” Jong Kook agreed, before bending down to whisper to her belly. “Hey there, Ha Neul-ah. Our sky. Grow healthy and beautifully, okay? Eomma and Appa are waiting for you.”

 

 

POHANG

Jong Kook has been waiting at Myeongseung Won Dumplings for more than twenty minutes, is she really coming? Looking around to observe, he notices it’s a simple and small Chinese restaurant that’s filled with a lot of people. Thankfully Jong Kook manages to secure a table at the corner.

He’s just done ordering two portions of mandu when he sees Ji Hyo walks slowly towards t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter