Chapter 17

Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

POHANG

“Annyeonghaseyo.” So Min bows politely to Jong Kook and Hye Seon, before turning her head to Ha Neul. “Ha Neul-ah, annyeong.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Eonnie.” Ha Neul bows politely this time. “Where’s I Seul?”

“I Seul is still sleeping. You can go watch the TV first in the living room.” So Min leads all of them to the living room. “The breakfast is almost ready.”

“So Min-ah, where is Ji Hyo?” Jong Kook stops her before she goes back to the kitchen.

“Eonnie is taking a shower.” So Min answers. “And I Seul is sleeping in his room.” So Min adds, somehow knowing what’s on his mind.

He thanks her, before she returns to the kitchen. Standing in the hall for a second, he wonders if he should watch the TV along with his daughter and his mother. He sees his daughter is leaning on his mother to watch a cartoon, and he decides to just wander around the house, to also clear his mind. Today is going to be a big day and he’s nervous.

He has a son that he doesn’t even know what he likes and dislikes. It tugs a string in his heart, but he keeps telling himself that it’s because of his own mistake.

Wandering further into the house, Jong Kook sees four doors. Three of them are closed but one is opened. He has been to her house a couple of times but never this far. He takes a peek inside the opened room to find a couple of toys on the floor and a little boy on the bed.

Ah, this is his son’s room.

He notices the peaceful expression his son wears when he’s sleeping that is touched by the morning sunlight and it settles warmly inside his own heart. He takes a step inside to take a look at his son’s room before he realizes that I Seul is just about to roll off of the bed. Jong Kook quickly sprints towards the bed, just in time to catch him before he falls to the ground. The little boy makes a small sound before he gets comfortable in his arms. This moment once again warms his heart, he can’t help but remember the very same feeling he felt when he took Ha Neul into his arms for the first time.

And now he gets to experience the same feeling with his son. It's not too late yet.

When he observes closer, he notices how much he looks like him. From his pointy chin to his small eyes, that also have a touch of his former wife's eyes. From his slightly curly hair to his thin soft lips. He looks perfect. His little boy is perfect.

Jong Kook is still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he has his son sleeping in his arms when he hears a voice from behind. “What are you doing?”

He knows exactly who that is. He turns his head to smile at the woman, before turning back to look at I Seul in his arms. “Just admiring.”

Ji Hyo gulps, feeling guilty all of a sudden.

“He’s so adorable.” Jong Kook continues.

“You’ve seen him before.” Ji Hyo gives a comment.

“Yeah, but never this close.” Jong Kook replies. His eyes are never leaving the boy.

“You’re right.” Ji Hyo’s eyes soften at the view. “Anyway, is everyone here?”

Jong Kook nods, before carefully putting I Seul back on his bed. “Eomma and Ha Neul are in the living room watching a cartoon.”

“We can introduce Eomeoni after he’s awake.” Ji Hyo whispers, not wanting her son to wake up yet. “Now, let’s go. I think it’s time we talk to Ha Neul.”

Jong Kook looks back at the sleeping I Seul. “How about I Seul?”

“One baby at a time.” Ji Hyo answers while putting a couple of pillows on the edge so he won’t roll off of the bed again.

 

 

Ji Hyo has been waiting for this moment and yet she dreads this moment. Nervous is an understatement of what she’s feeling right now. She woke up too early this morning and decided to clean the whole kitchen. She even managed to complete the laundry when So Min woke up.

Yes, Ji Hyo was selfish. She wanted to take her baby away from her father before the accident happened. And when something didn't go out the way she planned, she decided to leave her behind. But all of the things scared the out of her, and she didn’t know what to do. She felt lost. She was just hanging by a thread, hanging by a glimpse of hope that was provided by another human being living inside her.

“So Min-ah.” Ji Hyo calls in a whisper. She goes to the kitchen first, to sip on her coffee because she needs the caffeine, it calms her nerves. “I’m going to do it.”

So Min gasps. “Right now?”

Ji Hyo nods.

“Okay. Good luck, Eonnie.” So Min gives a tight hug to Ji Hyo, and it somewhat helps to calm her down a little. “I’m going to wait in my room. Call me when you’re done, so we can have breakfast together.”

“Gomawo, So Min-ah.”

So Min leaves for her room and Ji Hyo and Jong Kook walk to the living room. Jong Kook is anxious too since he has no idea how Ha Neul is going to react. Even though he assured Ji Hyo that everything would be fine, but the truth is he doesn’t know himself.

“Appa! This cartoon is so funny, why didn’t I know about this before?” Ha Neul points at the TV that shows Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir once Jong Kook and Ji Hyo enter the living room.

Jong Kook gives her a tight smile. He settles beside Ha Neul and lets Ji Hyo sits at the other couch beside them to give her some personal space.

Hye Seon notices the moment and mouths Jong Kook if he wants her to be there or she should just wait in the kitchen.

“It’s okay, Eomeoni. You can be anywhere you want.” Ji Hyo politely answers when she notices the exchange look between Hye Seon and Jong Kook.

“Waeyo?” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter