twelve: second chance

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: For everyone who saw the spoiler i posted on twitter, HAPPY APRIL FOOLS LMAO!!!!!!!! Yes, it's just fake, i just wrote that last minute to fool around and some of you guys fell for it, i'm amused, although a person already had a hunch, i played innocent and she fell for it too i guess!

 

and oh btw, hi aff user IZONEdout~ check out the title~ well, you can expect a lot, my friend ;)

 

 

Minjoo cursed under her breath, she’s currently running off the streets at two in the morning to reach a certain destination. She can feel her legs starting to get tired from all the running and beads of sweat starting to form on her forehead.

 

Why is she running, you may ask?

 

Well, she received a phone call just a little bit earlier from Eunbi— the older woman kept calling her until she woke up from her sleep.


 

She rubbed her eyes and glanced at the digital clock placed on her coffee table, arching her brow when she saw that it’s 1:47 in the morning— so why the heck Eunbi is calling her in this such ungodly hour? It’s been a while since she managed to fall asleep early but the oldest just had to call her and wake her up from her deep slumber. She’s much more relaxed and her chest is lighter today after a quite while of suffering so she managed to fall asleep easily plus the thoughts that kept bugging her lessened after the talk earlier. She should have a very important reason for why she is suddenly calling, this is better be urgent.

 

With an annoyed groan, she reached for her ringing phone and accepted the call with a huff, the lawyer probably called her ten times already, and this is the eleventh. “Hello?” She greeted groggily, her voice hoarse while scratching her nape.

 

“Minjoo,” Eunbi started, worriedness and seriousness lacing around her voice making the brunette jolt up from her bed, sitting up as she stifled a yawn, stretching her stiff joints. “Yes, unnie? What do you need? It’s one AM for god’s sake,” The younger replied with a plain tone, whining.

 

“I’m sorry for disturbing your sleep but it’s kind of urgent.” Said Eunbi, obviously guilty for waking her up but it had already been done so might as well finally say her purpose to the brunette. Minjoo hummed sleepily, pinching her nose to keep awake but her eyes were closed, waiting for the older to answer.

 

She heard some incoherent noises from the other line, probably Hyewon shuffling around. Eunbi sighed first before answering and after hearing the answer, Minjoo’s eyes shot open, her drowsiness flew away from her body in an instant.

 

“It’s about Yujin,”



 

Minjoo hissed when she almost tripped and crashed on the trash can because of the random pebble lying around the streets but she continued running after recovering, frantically looking around the area, searching for a place where she can find Yujin.

 

“Just what are you up to, Ahn Yujin?” The brunette whispered to herself as she turned to the empty alleyway, halting to catch her breath. She checked the given address from Eunbi and checked the establishment from afar. The building is two-story, and full of sickening blinking lights that made Minjoo hiss and squint her eyes because the colorful neon lights are so irritating— the muffled loud sounds from the inside didn’t make Minjoo feel at ease too.

 

She took a few steps towards the place and looked up, trying to find the sign and there she saw it— and she’s right, she already reached her destination.

 

Highlight Club

 

Huffing another breath and after reassuring herself, she slowly walked towards the location with a racing heart— not from running but due to nervousness. She remembered what Eunbi said earlier, she can’t help but to scowl.


 

“What about Yujin? What happened to her?” Minjoo asked, panicking as possibilities started to enter her head. She’s fully awake thanks to that and also tensed.

 

Eunbi lets out another tired sigh from the other line. “She’s currently at the club and she won’t go home even after countless of nagging from me, we already went there to fetch her but she won’t budge, she even shooed us to go home.” She explained and somehow, Minjoo lets out a relieved sigh, she thought Yujin got into an accident but she can’t help herself to be disappointed when she heard that the latter is still going to nightclubs, she heard from Eunbi herself that Yujin didn’t go outside to drink ever since last week, she thought Yujin's having improvements.

 

“W-What? Then let her be, I don’t know— she’s responsible for herself but why is she being stubborn this time?” Minjoo doesn’t know what to respond to be honest. Yujin isn’t this stubborn, whenever the others fetch her, she would willingly go home with them but this time, it looks like they are having a hard time.

 

“We don’t know either,” Eunbi said, visibly stressed and frustrated at the sudden behavior from Yujin. “She suddenly went back on going to clubs again, she promised that she would stop last week— we don’t know what the hell was she thinking, something might have triggered her.” The lawyer muttered then huffed. “She’s turning violent and literally shoving us away so we have no other choice but to go home since we can't stay there for too long, we’re exhausted from work and Hyewon just came from her shift and straightly went to the club to fetch that pup because she received a call from a friend that’s working there.” She added.

 

Minjoo gulped, sighing, she doesn’t like where this conversation is going. She massaged her temples, thinking what may have happened to Yujin again— maybe she reminisced again? Did she see a couple that reminded her of their past? She’s quite not sure either, she doesn’t have any clue on why the blue haired woman is acting like this again and being an to Eunbi and Hyewon who’re just concerned for her.

 

“What do you want me to do?” The brunette asked dejectedly, she knew that Eunbi called her for this purpose although she’s uncertain if she’s ready to face Yujin again after all of that but looks like they really need their help to make the blue haired woman come home.

 

Eunbi was silent for a while but she responded. “Earlier, when we’re convincing Yujin to go home, she shoved us away and said that we can’t make her come home— and retorted that she’ll only go home if you will fetch her.” She said, making Minjoo’s jaw drop. “She’s not drunk yet but playful enough but we know that she’s not joking. So please, can you fetch her? The place is just two blocks away from your apartment.” Added by Eunbi.

 

Minjoo is already rummaging through her closet to change from her pyjamas, she’s already dressing up into a warmer outfit while Eunbi is on speaker. “Fine, text me the address.” She replied as she wore her coat.

 

“Thank you really, Minjoo. We can’t go with you, I have an early session tomorrow and Hyewon is already dead asleep, the others aren’t answering and you know that Yena’s away—” Minjoo didn’t let Eunbi finish her sentence and already spoke up. “It’s okay, unnie. I understand, I’m fine with it. You already took care of her enough and I promise you guys that this will be the last time you guys would fetch her there or from any clubs.” She answered with a serious tone, grabbing her wallet before going out of her room to get her shoes.

 

Eunbi is confused at her statement but she hummed nonetheless. “But can you really manage? You know that you guys…” She paused but Minjoo just smiled, slipping her feet on her shoes and went outside, double-checking if she already locked it and jogged to the elevator. “It’s okay, I’ll handle her fine besides, I need to clear something with her.” She said as she waited for the elevator to reach the ground floor, her voice full of determination.

 

“Okay, just update me.” The older said and gave her reassuring words before ending the call. Minjoo pocketed her phone and took a deep breath, cold air greeting her when she stepped out of the apartment complex.

 

Ahn Yujin, wait for me



 

Minjoo crossed the road and spotted a figure outside the club, and when he saw her approaching, he immediately bowed. “Hi, are you Kim Minjoo-ssi? Hyewon’s friend?” He asked politely with a smile. The brunette nodded, panting a bit. “Yes,” She responded and gave him a look. “May I know, where is she?” She asked directly and the worker nodded. “Please follow me. We’ll go to the back room since it’s kinda crowded here.” He said before walking and Minjoo just wordlessly followed him.

 

While they entered the building, the worker initiated a small talk. “Are you Yujin-ssi’s ex-girlfriend?” He asked and the brunette narrowed her eyes, the worker immediately noticed it and apologized. “I’m sorry for being curious. I’ve been Yujin’s personal bartender almost every night, and she kept blabbering about her ex-lover to me which is named Kim Minjoo.” He explained as he gestured to the stairs and they went upstairs.

 

Minjoo bit her lower lip. “Well yes, I’m her ex.” She answered as they entered the VIP Lounge which is located on the second floor. Unlike the first floor, where Minjoo got a glimpse of below, is not that noisy and crowded, most people are just chilling on their table, talking, and drinking.

 

“I hope the sight you will see won’t bother you. Yujin-ssi’s at the last table, I need to go back to work. Excuse me.” The kind worker said and walked away, leaving Minjoo in the middle of the place.

 

She already felt uncomfortable with the stares that the disgusting men are giving her, a predatory gaze— she can feel herself throwing up. With that, she immediately walked faster to find Yujin.

 

She stretched her neck and squinted her eyes, trying to recognize a familiar electric blue hair around the poorly lighted place. She kept looking for around three minutes and finally, she spotted the familiar striking blue hair sticking out at the end of the room.

 

A smile curved up into her lips, she doesn’t know why but she’s happy that she finally found Yujin. “Got’cha,” She jogged towards the place with a big grin plastered on her face.

 

But that smile didn’t last— it instantly faded when she saw that Yujin is not alone at her table.

 

The blue haired woman is grinning sheepishly, obviously entertained and happy— there are about four women on the table, chatting with her, minus the two other women on her each arm. They are happily talking and fighting for Yujin’s attention to be on them.

 

Minjoo’s brows started to furrow, feeling something weird bubbling up into her stomach but she didn’t do anything, just observing them from afar with a clenched jaw and fists.

 

The sight is infuriating.

 

Minjoo’s eyes twitched, she can already feel tears forming on her eyes and her heart is already stinging badly. She doesn’t know if she has the right to be hurt but she still has feelings so of course, she can’t help but to be hurt.

 

She should even expect something worse but it hurts seeing it personally— she thought she’ll be able to stomach it but no, she can feel bile going up in .

 

She just stayed there in her spot, watching Yujin kiss a random girl in front of her with soulless yet teary eyes.


 

Meanwhile, Yujin is enjoying it, she feels so numb yet so entertained with these girls flocking over her. She felt something on her ear, and warm breath fanning over it. Yujin shook her head, amused that women kept throwing themselves on her.

 

The blue haired woman is tempted but she knows that it’ll just fail in the end, she will think of a certain woman again, she even dreamed that Minjoo is the one who’s kissing her earlier— and it’s making her more guilty enough.

 

“No uh, ladies,” She smirked, and it just went wider when she heard whines. She just laughed and just let the other women bother her. She grabbed her drink on the table and took a long sip, before placing it back on the table.

 

Her eyes unknowingly darted in the middle and her droopy eyes immediately shot up in shock when she saw a very familiar figure standing in the distance, looking at her intently.

 

Her vision went 20/20 the moment she saw her, she can’t be mistaken— it’s none other than Kim Minjoo.

 

She shook her head, and rubbed her eyes, thinking that she might be hallucinating but when she looked back again, Minjoo was still there, standing in the middle. She can feel the alcohol on her system wear off instantly, the colors on her body drained at the sight of a teary-eyed Minjoo.

 

What the hell is she doing here? , she probably saw me making out with another woman

 

The brunette probably noticed that she had been recognized and took a step backward.

 

Yujin hastily stood up making the girls who kept annoying her look at her, confused. “Is there any problem—” But before she could even finish it, Yujin already bolted out of the table without any words, running after Minjoo who ran away, going back where the kind worker led her.


 

The brunette knew Yujin was going after her so she marched faster out of that sickening place, even bumping into the kind worker who’s probably going to check them. He’s surprised when he saw her. “Oh, Minjoo-ssi? What—” Minjoo doesn’t have the time to chat and just passed through him, ascending her speed.

 

He got confused then Yujin also passed by, looking panicked and in a hurry, definitely running after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter