three: of talks & beers

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Their mini welcome party started around four in the afternoon which means— most of them are already drunk and tipsy by the time the clock turns eight but they still went on, catching up with Yujin and telling them everything she missed for the last four years. Even if they're ready drunk and tipsy, they can somehow still talk and think decently, they never brought up the ex-lovers' past, letting them talk about it privately soon.

 

Yujin is happy. She's so happy that her friends still accepted her doing such a thing in the past, leaving her to talk with Yena only. She's so glad they never hated her or whatnots, and even cried over how they missed her that she also teared up a bit. She's also happy that the others didn't quite change a bit, they are still the same ones years ago.

 

There's no awkward moments throughout, even Minjoo joined in fooling around and Yujin is glad about that, she was worried that the brunette would be aloof because she's around.

 

The clock strikes ten, half of them are already knocked out, specifically— Yena, Sakura, and Hyewon— Eunbi and Yuri are already drunk too but still managed to stay awake to look for their girlfriends and baby Yujin every minute. Meanwhile, Minjoo only drank a can of beer, nothing more, she just joined the conversation and was tasked to cook the meat— still a lightweight, the others didn't force her to drink and even bought her banana milks for her to drink. Minjoo doesn't like alcohol in the first place anyway, Yujin knew that so well.

 

The blue haired woman drank three cans of beer and one bottle of soju alone already but cheap liquor doesn't have any effect on her anymore, it will take her a lot to make her tipsy— she managed to sharpen her alcohol tolerance while she was in London. Eunbi noticed it but said nothing, having a hunch of what might be the reason for her suddenly being a heavy drinker when she can barely sip a glass of soju years ago.

 

Yujin found herself at the house balcony on the second floor while finding the bathroom because for an unknown reason, she doesn't want to use the bathroom of her temporary room and thus, she discovered this place. She stayed for a while, liking the scenery and fresh air, it's a good place to think, the others won't even notice that she's gone anyway.

 

She then grabbed something on her coat's pocket, putting the can of beer on top of the cemented railings as she grabbed a stick from the case, lighting it up with her silver lighter, puffing a smoke and sat there at the railing as she watched the moon glow.

 

She thought of many things, be it good or bad, she just wanted to deeply think. She glanced below and saw her friends, trying not to let themselves sleep. She lets out an amused snort before bringing the lit cigarette to her lips, it and blowing the smoke into the air, watching it slowly disappear.

 

The silence is so enjoyable, only the wind gushing and owl howling can be heard. It somehow made Yujin calm and relaxed. She just sat there under the starry night sky and moon, a can of beer beside her, and a half lit stick of cigarette between her index and middle fingers.

 

“Y-You smoke?”

 

A quiet and soft yet surprised voice suddenly can be heard behind her. Yujin yelped, throwing her cigarette below in panic, falling at the pond near the entrance of the backdoor.

 

She turned around with wide eyes and saw Minjoo peeking from the sliding door, eyes solemn and concerned. Why out of all the people, Minjoo had to see her smoking? God really hated her so much.

 

The brunette is actually searching for her to ask for some assistance to help the others to go to their rooms because it's getting late, only to see her smoking.

 

The taller woman cleared , grabbing her beer. “Y-Yeah,” She answered, hesitating before she took a sip from her drink. She gulped, she actually doesn't want Minjoo or either any of her friends to know that she learned how to do some bad vices when she went to London.

 

She heard careful footsteps nearing, and her heart started to rage wildly.

 

“Since w-when?” The voice is now very near and clear. Yujin tilted her head, glancing at Minjoo who's beside her, looking down at her friends, refusing to look at her.

 

Yujin sighed, she couldn't lie to her, so she will tell the truth even if it'll make her feel small and crush her strong and tough façade. Just one of the things she couldn't do— She can't lie to Minjoo. Even after all of that.

 

“W-Well, ” She started off nervously. “I kind of learned how to smoke and stuff when I was in London— it became my habit, but I'm trying to stop now, I swear! It's just, everything that happened today urges me to smoke again and drink a lot.” She explained, a little bit panicked. She's very overwhelmed at what is currently happening, that's why she suddenly wanted to smoke all of a sudden.

 

Minjoo is silent for a bit but she awkwardly shifted and scratched her nape. “I-I guess i was just surprised. I never thought I'd see you putting a cigarette stick between your lips and drinking a lot like you didn't despise alcoholic beverages years ago. Things really change, huh?” She replied, concern and a little bit of disappointment lingering on her tone, of course Yujin catches that.

 

Yujin looked down, suddenly guilty. “Yep.” She bitterly spat, downing her beer.

 

The blue haired woman learned everything about drinking and smoking in her first year in London, she almost did it everyday like it's a need to the point she almost got expelled from her university for cutting classes and attending some few classes whilst drunk. She became best friends with alcohol that she hated before.

 

Like Minjoo, she's also a mess when she broke up and left the love of her life as she pursued college overseas. She suffered and in a lot of pain that's why she learned to embrace bad vices because it's bringing her comfort back then, making her forget a certain brunette even just a few hours. She knew it was very bad for her health and Minjoo would be disappointed the moment she hears it, but she still continued, trying to ease the pain in her heart. She even became a womanizer, sleeping with some random girls, hoping it would make her forget Minjoo— but in the end, she kept failing and that's the exact reason she kept going with these things, because she kept failing to forget her.

 

But in her fourth year, she decided to stay low and not depend on alcohol and cigarettes anymore, although she does always try to see women whenever there's a time. It's just easy, people would always run to her.

 

That's just her life in London, very stupid and pathetic.

 

Without Minjoo, Yujin is lost. The brunette is like her light, guiding her through the darkness and when she left Minjoo, there's no light anymore, leaving her alone and so lost in the middle of darkness and silence. That's why everything led to that, trying to find comfort through doing stuff that she doesn't usually do and using other women to temporarily place Minjoo, using them for pleasure and short term entertainment only. It's just so petty, she's so ing pathetic even now. She's actually very much embarrassed facing Minjoo.

 

Silence took over around them. It didn't last long because Minjoo gathered the courage to open .

 

“May I ask why? Or how? Bad influences or?” Minjoo asked again, choosing to break the silence, her voice was full of hesitation but she wanted to know. Yujin sighed again. The question she doesn't want to answer but she did anyway.

 

Yujin took a sip from her beer again before responding. “I was a huge mess when I left you. I found comfort through drinking and smoking…” She paused then hung her head low, realizing how disappointing she became. “And sleeping with other women. I did all of that just to forget you even temporarily back then but, after years, I can't seem to stop that routine but I'm trying my best to put an end to these ty habits.” She added, playing with her fingers. She felt so embarrassed revealing all of that.

 

She glanced at Minjoo who's not moving, the brunette is just looking down. “Oh, I see...” She replied with a monotone voice but Yujin can clearly sense the guilt.

 

Yujin is right, Minjoo is thinking about her faults, that Yujin won't be like this if she didn't become so stupid— however, Yujin only blames herself for being like this, if she didn't become so stupid and let her emotions take over her back then, then Minjoo won't think of blaming herself.

 

If both of them didn't become so stupid and ignorant towards the feelings of each other then none of this would've happened. But everything was already done and they could only accept the reality and their fate— and move on.

 

Yujin shook her head, patting the space beside her. “You wanted to talk, right? Clear everything to finally have closure and inner peace?” She asked, changing topics so the atmosphere won't be heavy. “It's a perfect time. Let's finally clear things up, shall we? We're both still hurting and feeling guilty over a lot of stuff, let's talk about it.” She said, smiling at Minjoo who's just staring at her.

 

Minjoo is still beautiful than ever, even more beautiful. Yujin can't believe that this brunette loved her before— that Minjoo was hers until she ruined everything.

 

Those droopy and sharp eyes, glimmering orbs, those luscious kissable lips that Yujin always dreamt of almost every night. She missed everything about Minjoo.

 

She can't help but to think. If she stayed, do Minjoo and her are still happy? There's a big chance. That question haunts her even at sleep.

 

Maybe if she just stayed beside Minjoo.

 

The brunette lets out a small nod and weak smile. “I'll just get some drinks downstairs, I suddenly wanted to drink too.” She said and hastily rushed out of the balcony, Yujin's eyes following her until she disappeared.

 

Chuckling, Yujin chugged her beer until it's empty, taking out the pack of her cigarettes before throwing it to the small trash can that's placed at the corner also dunking the empty can there before she went back to her seat, taking a lungful of air then stared below, her gaze not averting from Minjoo who's hurriedly grabbing cans that can fit into her hands then ran to Eunbi, talking to her before she ran back inside.

 

The blue haired woman sighed, looking up to the moon, muttering. “I should really find something to replace my smoking habit. Lollipops will do, I guess.”

 

Minjoo came back, panting lightly as she tried to hold six cans using her hands and arms. She placed it below the railings. After she picked up a can, sitting beside Yujin but of course, with enough space between them.

 

Both of them did not talk for a whole minute, just staring and watching their friends do below, Yena suddenly woke up and threw up on the grass making the drunk Yuri triggered, kicking her fiancé at the before s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter