epilogue: until forever

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi!”

 

Ten-year-old Minjoo, who's scribbling something on her notebook, looked up to the owner of the squeaky voice.

 

It’s one sunny afternoon and Minjoo is doing her usual business in the park nearby, drawing some trees, flowers, and stuff that she found very beautiful- she’s having a peaceful and bright day not until some kid bothered her. She was annoyed but this girl looks friendly, especially with her missing front teeth- she looks so harmless.

 

She closed her notebook to properly greet the kid since she’s not rude, she can hear the voice of her mom through the back of her head. “Don’t talk with strangers.” but she’s already old enough to tell which people are dangerous and not.

 

“Yes? What can I do for you?” Minjoo asked politely, even though she had a hunch that this girl is younger than her, she still used a formal tone to her. She scanned her face further.

 

Fluffy dimpled cheeks, coconut hair, and she’s wearing a designer shirt, and wearing those dusty shoes. Minjoo’s eyes widened a bit when she recognized those shoes, it’s the expensive brand she saw from the mall that she wanted to buy badly.

 

“I heard you from Yuri-unnie!” The kid responded with a smile, giggling, and tilted her head cutely. Minjoo’s ears perked up at the mention of her friend. “So this might be one of Yuri’s playmates.” She thought.

 

 

Minjoo nodded, gesturing that she’s listening, and shifted her position to the swing so she’s fully facing the girl.

 

 

“She said to me that there’s a beautiful girl who always goes to this very park every weekend! She also mentioned that that beautiful girl would always stay here at the playground with her notebook!” The kid with missing front teeth said, even clasping her hands and eyes glimmering in excitement and adoration as she stared at Minjoo.

 

 

The older girl blushed furiously, averting her gaze and looked down to her lap, shy. She will surely give Yuri a good smack on the when they meet tomorrow.

 

 

“And wow, I thought she was lying but you really do exist!” The kid muttered, amused. “You’re really beautiful!” She complimented and grinned at the blushing girl in front of her. Frowning, she got confused as to why the pretty girl was hiding her face with her long hair.

 

 

But that didn’t stop her from blabbering. “Hey, beauty! What’s your name?” She asked, blinking cutely.

 

 

Minjoo tried to compose herself and cleared but there’s still an evident red tint on her cheeks. “My name is Kim Minjoo,” She responded simply. She witnessed how the other girl’s eyes sparkled even more upon learning her name.

 

 

“Wow! Your name is so beautiful too~” She exclaimed, chuckling to herself.

 

 

It made Minjoo blush again. She’s used to compliments from other people, most especially with her relatives but this girl she just met a few minutes ago made her blush and giddy already.

 

 

“Anyway, nice to meet you Minjoo-unnie!” The kid then paused, looking hesitant. “Can I call you that? I know you're the same age as Yuri-unnie.” She muttered, pouting, and kicking some pebbles away.

 

 

Minjoo blinked before bursting out into a pit of giggles, amused then nodded. “It’s okay, just call me Minjoo-unnie.” She replied with a sweet smile, making Yujin’s eyes sparkle again in delight. “How about you, young one? What’s your name?” She asked.

 

 

The kid’s mouth went agape when she realized that she hadn't properly introduced herself out of excitement and smacked her head cutely. The gesture made Minjoo chuckle. Somehow, she can feel her face burning.

 

 

“M-My name is Ahn Yujin! I’m eight years old!” Yujin finally introduced herself, even stretching her hand for a handshake. Minjoo stared at the younger girl, familiarity stuck her when she heard that name.

 

 

formed into a circle when she finally remembered the name that rang a bell to her. It’s the infamous only child of the Ahn’s.

 

 

The Ahn’s are quite known around because of their wealth and own a very big company, they live down to the exclusive village nearby. Minjoo knows them, of course, she always heard of them from television, from her parents and some nosy neighbors. They are always the talk of the town.

 

 

Now, how in the world does this kid Ahn manage to go here at the park alone? She’s not with anyone and Minjoo knows how dangerous it would be since Yujin is the sole daughter of a wealthy businessman and the heiress of a conglomerate.

 

 

The younger noticed how frozen Minjoo is after introducing herself, her face dropped, lips quivering as she can feel tears forming in her eyes. This pretty girl is probably the same as those classmates of her, they are scared of her, and hate her because she’s an Ahn.

 

 

“U-Unnie? Are you like those classmates of mine? You don’t like me too because of the reason that my parents are rich and powerful?” She asked, retreating her hand back as she glared at the girl in front of her.

 

 

Minjoo panicked and stood up, she noticed that she’s just an inch taller but that doesn’t matter since Yujin misunderstood her and now is on the verge of crying. “N-No, Yujin-ah. I’m not that kind of person. I was just shocked! Please don’t misunderstand unnie. I wanted to be friends with you,” She explained, holding both sides of the younger’s trembling shoulders.

 

 

After Yujin heard that, her eyes instantly lit up, a smile forming on her lips again- grinning sheepishly to her new friend. “R-Really!? We’re friends now!” She chirped, clapping happily. “I have two friends now, Yuri-unnie and you!” She said in a very joyous tone.

 

Somehow, it made Minjoo’s heart clench. The kid does look like she’s the type of playful, friendly, and bright kid but all of it crumbled down because the other children don't want to involve themselves with a filthy rich kid like her. She doesn’t even look like a spoiled brat.

 

 

Minjoo did hear some gossip from her mother about this kid Ahn, the kid was said to be always alone in her school and every kid in that school stayed away from her. She can’t help but to sigh, pitying the younger girl- she’s already experiencing being an outcast at such a young age.

 

 

But don’t get Minjoo wrong, she’s not befriending Yujin because of pity. The kid meant no harm and seems like she’s enjoyable to be with. It’s not wrong to have another friend and playmate too, right?

 

 

“Yes, I’m your friend now,” Minjoo chuckled, sitting back on the swing, she gestured for Yujin to take the other vacant swing beside her. The kid immediately understood her and complied, taking a seat on the swing, leaning towards her excitedly.

 

 

“What are you currently drawing?” Yujin curiously asked, trying to peek on Minjoo’s notebook. The older smiled then pointed to the flower bed from the distance. “Flowers,” She responded with a sweet smile, grabbing her pencil placed between the pages.

 

 

The kid Ahn nodded, agape in amazement when she saw the flowers the older just drew then turned to her. “Wow, they are beautiful! Like you!” She exclaimed, giggling before looking at the drawing again, examining it intently.

 

 

Minjoo blushed again. “This kid seriously…” She thought and shook her head, focusing on continuing her scribbles.

 

 

It’s been an hour or so since they met and they are both comfortable with each other already. Yujin is talkative but Minjoo’s alright with it, she would respond from time to time while still doing her drawing.

 

 

Until a man in a suit suddenly ran up to them. “Young Mistress!” He shouted and immediately went to Yujin who was surprised to see her bodyguard. “Oh, Chanyeol-oppa!” She exclaimed, smiling, and waving to him. Minjoo was just confused.

 

 

“Young Mistress, why did you run away from home! Your father is worried-sick and Madame isn’t pleased with your sudden disappearance.” He explained, huffing, he’s obviously running around for quite a while now.

 

At the mention of her parents, Yujin’s face darkened, Minjoo saw that and couldn't help but to be worried.

 

 

“Yeah, whatever. Mother probably didn’t even notice me vanishing after she nagged me.” The kid Ahn hissed, rolling her eyes, shaking her head.

 

 

Chanyeol sighed, caressing his earpiece. “I saw Young Mistress already. She’s in the park, yes, she’s with a girl.” He said and after that, he looked at Yujin. “Let’s go home now, your father wanted to see you.” He calmly said.

 

 

Yujin huffed, sliding off the swing grumpily before looking at the silent Minjoo, a smile instantly forming on her lips. “Unnie! I’ll be back tomorrow! Will you be here?” She asked. The older girl nodded. “Yes, I’m also here when Sunday, around 1pm.” She responded and Yujin nodded.

 

 

“Then see you tomorrow, Minjoo-unnie! Can’t wait to spend time with you again hehe!” Yujin said before walking with her bodyguard. The latter gave Minjoo a nod and soon, they were already walking towards the exit. Minjoo could only watch them leave, Yujin made sure to wave at her first before hopping inside the expensive black car.

 

 

Minjoo could only smile, closing her notebook, and went home, ecstatic that she has a new friend. She can’t wait for tomorrow too.

 

 

 

 

Yujin slid her fingers through her blue hair, taking a few deep breaths as she stared at her own reflection through the mirror in front of her. Her heart beating wildly, in nervousness and excitement.

 

 

Finally, the time has come.

 

 

She heard the door open so she looked behind her and saw Yena, dashing on her suit and approaching her with a smirk. She can’t help but to release a soft smile towards her best friend, pulling her into a tight hug and they then hopped around while squealing like children.

 

 

The CEO pulled away first, cupping her cheeks as they stared at each other with grins on their lips. Both of them communicating eye to eye, and surprisingly they can clearly understand each other.

 

 

“Finally, the day that you’ve been waiting for came at last!” Yena said happily, then checked her out, gasping and even covering . Yujin just sheepishly grinned at her, giggling- feeling giddy when she realized that again. She thought this day won’t ever come because of what happened to her and Minjoo back in the past.

 

 

Fanning her teary eyes, Yena cleared to compose herself, she shouldn’t be this emotional for her friend but she can’t help it because finally- the biggest and loveliest promise she made to Minjoo will finally come true, the same promise that once made Yujin so devastated because she thought she wouldn’t be able to fulfill that promise one day. She’s happy for her bud, for Minjoo too, of course.

 

 

“Why the hell are you crying, you duck,” The blue haired woman asked, also feeling herself getting emotional too. Yena took a deep breath, patting Yujin’s shoulders. “I’m just glad, you guys suffered a lot. I thought I wouldn’t be able to witness you two exchanging your vows.” She muttered, eyes soft. “I know you guys are meant to be together, what happened back then was just a challenge.” She added and sighed, nodding to herself.

 

 

Yujin just stared at her lovingly. They love to bicker and play around one another but they are also supportive and very much love each other too, Bros 4ever – like Yena said one time.

 

 

“I can’t believe this, back then you had no front teeth when we met for the first time and now,” Yena paused, shaking her head in amusement, making Yujin snort, flipping her ponytail.

 

 

They just chuckled at each other, they were about to have a brief conversation when the door opened again, revealing Hyewon and Chaeyeon who’re wearing their own suits, running to Yujin and gave her a pat on the back also giving her some reassuring words since the pup is nervous for today’s event.

 

 

Yujin is just super glad to have them by her side. So glad.

 

 

Her worries lessened, feeling a little bit at ease after some encouraging words and jokes from them. Now, she just needs to wait for her bride at the end of the aisle and calm herself down.

 

 

Wonyoung and Nako also entered her room, they said that they just visited Minjoo and blabbered how beautiful her bride is.

 

 

Yujin can’t wait to see her later.

 

 

 

 

“You enrolled in our school when you got an offer from a prestigious school in Seoul?” Minjoo asked the cheeky Yujin, bewildered when the younger announced the news to her.

 

The now-taller girl nodded happily. “Yes! I managed to convince my parents too, somehow! Besides, this school is not bad~ Plus, I seriously wanted to be with you guys,” Yujin pouted like a puppy. “Especially that you’re here. So I could reach you easily and spend time with you a lot.” Added by her.

 

 

It caught Minjoo off-guard but she let out a chuckle, ignoring the warming of her cheek. “Okay, okay, that’s a good offer though. But it’s you who will decide in the end anyway, your parents must be furious.” She muttered as the younger climbed up in her bed, sliding next to her with a smile.

 

 

Yujin snorted, combing her hair with her fingers as she stared at the open laptop resting on Minjoo’s lap. “Whatever, they can’t control my life. Besides, I’m not a kid anymore,” She responded, grabbing a pillow and hugged it, staring at Minjoo.

 

 

The older girl giggled at her response. “You’re just entering middle school, Yujin-ah,” She said. The younger shrugged. “What are you doing, by the way?” She asked, she can see that Minjoo is tired- she knows how stressed and pressured the latter is because of the student council work and other assignments thrown at them.

 

 

“Just an essay,” Minjoo answered, stifling a yawn and started to type again. She can feel Yujin’s heavy stare at her, she can feel cold sweat forming on her forehead because of the intense gaze but she tried not to mind it.

 

 

“You look so tired and sleepy.” Yujin pointed out. Minjoo pursed her lips for a while, she’s indeed exhausted. “Yeah, kind of. Student council works are stressing me out, I shouldn’t have volunteered to run as the president.” She whispered under her breath. “I’ll just get some coffee and everything will be okay,”

 

 

But Yujin isn’t amused at that. She immediately snatched the laptop away from her hold, shocking her. “Hey! Give that back, I need it to finish it today. It’s due tomorrow.” She weakly whined. The taller girl shook her head.

 

 

“Sleep and I’ll do the rest,” She said, making Minjoo freeze. Her eyes arched. “What?” The older breathed out.

 

 

Yujin just smiled at her. “It’s just an essay, it’s a piece of cake to me. Don’t worry, this will be done in an hour. Just rest.” She said, winking at Minjoo. “I’ll also edit and revise it too,” Added by her.

 

 

Minjoo was about to protest when Yujin pulled her head, placing it on her shoulder before focusing on the laptop, reading the contents of the essay. “Sleep, I’ll handle it.” She muttered and Minjoo knew she wouldn’t win against Yujin again, the latter is just straight up stubborn.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter