four: wedding gown

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been almost a week since Yujin came back to Korea and that mini party.

 

Everything went back to normal, all of them went back to work the next day even Yujin had some matters to work on— which is the position that would be given to her at her own company. She would be placed as a COO first at Ahn Inc. before her father completely passes the CEO position to her— this is like training if Yujin is really compatible with handling the big conglomerate in the future but without a doubt, the woman could do excellent in her job.

 

She was busy and all, it'll be a long process to make her officially the COO, she's still under training by her own father. She even moved out of Yena's house just three days after.

 

And it's been a week since Minjoo and she talked, and the brunette kissed her cheek— it keeps her awake at night, she doesn't exactly know why but she tried her best to shrug it off. She would just randomly think of it in the middle of an important meeting and blush.


 

Meanwhile, Yena and Yuri's preparation for their marriage are going smoothly— all of them agreed that they should meet every Saturday to help the soon to be wedded couple. They would meet every lunch and eat at Yena's then go to the wedding reception and get their outfits, and other stuff.



 

Time flew fast and It's already Saturday.


 

Minjoo is the last one who arrived at their lovely lunch, looking groggy, sleepy, and stressed. “Need to do some stuff at home for work, I slept at 4am. Sorry that I came late.” She explained, trying her best not to stumble on her feet, trying to sit on the chair, and hoped that she won't pass out. The others started to ask with worried tones.

 

Meanwhile, Yujin just stared at the tired brunette, looking at her with concerned eyes, but did not do anything— she let Eunbi tend and comfort her. She clenched her fists, her grip tightening towards the fork on her hand. She felt like she lost the right to take care of Minjoo when she left her, that's why she won't move to offer her shoulders. But she thought that she could still take care of her since they were both friends again already.

 

All of them finally started to eat. The atmosphere is lively— they were eating in Yena's backyard so it's refreshing although Minjoo didn't speak much, everyone understood, the poor sleepy brunette was trying her best not to pass out while eating.

 

After the lovely lunch, they all settled on the van, however, Yena decided to use her car and ride it with Yuri because they will go somewhere after the dress fitting, Hyewon would drive the van.

 

Minjoo is delighted because she can sleep for an hour or so because the chosen boutique is quite far from Yena's place.

 

She saw Eunbi go inside the passenger seat while the other couple, Sakura and Chaeyeon went and sat in the first row. Minjoo thought Yujin would sit beside Chaeyeon because there's still space but the blue haired woman sat in the second row, even patting the space next to her, leaving Minjoo to sit beside her ex-lover. She's still awkward around Yujin but she can't avoid her, especially that they are now on good terms.

 

Maybe if she didn't remember what happened that night… But no. Her brain literally made her remember what she did to Yujin when she was drunk last week. She kissed her ex-lover on the cheek for god's sake. Although Yujin didn't seem to mind what happened, for Minjoo, it’s quite a deal for her.

 

She hesitatingly sat beside the blue haired girl, who's just comfortably leaning her back at the backrest as she watched her every single move.

 

The other four looked surprised but shrugged it off, Hyewon even gave them a small smile at the rearview mirror. “Okay, off to go,” She announced before maneuvering the car out of Yena's driveway, following the Benz ahead of them where the soon to be wedded couple rode.

 

Not even three minutes into the trip, Minjoo can feel her eyes closing on its own— she badly wanted to take a nap but somehow, Yujin being beside made her hesitate, she doesn't even know why. Her head kept swinging in random directions. It continued like that for another whole minute when—



 

“You can sleep on my shoulders, you know?”

 

Yujin offered with a smile making the brunette's drowsiness fade away. Minjoo refused at first, shaking her head a bit. “No, no, it's okay!” She replied with a tired smile. Yes, can I please lean on your shoulders. She wanted to answer but she swallowed it in the back of .

 

Her eyes widened in panic when Yujin slightly pouted, looking very sad and rejected. “I insist, you're gonna pass out soon. Come on, don't be shy, it's like we didn't do this often years ago.” She muttered, and Minjoo almost yelped with that.

 

Of course, she loves leaning against Yujin's broad shoulders and rest there comfortably when they were still lovers but now, it's completely different that's why Minjoo hesitated. The brunette sweats nervously when Yujin huffed, upset.

 

“I just want you to have a comfortable sleep, you're exhausted from working but if you're still awkward then, okay, I won't force you…” Yujin said in a sad and upset tone, even the others were shocked at the solemn voice. Yujin sounds like a sad puppy who got rejected by her owner— almost a similar scenario that is currently happening. Eunbi can't help but to snicker a bit, also disappointed at Minjoo's actions towards the wolf pup.

 

The blue haired did not intend to sound very sad and upset, but she can't help it, she just wanted Minjoo to have a comfortable sleep on her shoulders because they usually do that years ago, but it looks like that Minjoo is still awkward around her. She doesn't want Minjoo to feel uncomfortable at her offer too, that's why she didn't force her.

 

She stared at the buildings outside the window, pouting a bit, sulking— never had she thought she'll be childish like this again— normally, if she got rejected or whatsoever, she'll just shrug it off but when it comes to Minjoo…— the brunette only refused to lean on her shoulders yet she felt like sulking for the whole day already. The only person who could make her real self show up again after many years.

 

She was just about to sulk about it again when she felt a weight on her shoulders, making her eyes widen a bit. She looked down and saw Minjoo, her eyes were closed and her facial expression was relaxed but a little bit awkward. The brunette stiffly muttered. “Please wake me up when your shoulders feel numb or when we arrive at our destination.” Then fixed her head's position, shifting closer— snuggling her face near Yujin's neck— a very familiar yet calming scent of latte invaded her smelling senses, making her more sleepy.

 

The taller woman froze for a good second before breaking into a soft smile. “Sure, sleep well, unnie.” She whispered back before smiling sheepishly at herself, but that smile faded when she saw the couple in front of them are looking at them with mischievous eyes, she also met eyes with Hyewon and Eunbi at the rearview mirror and stuck her tongue out, making them chuckle.

 

Yujin smiled again when she looked at the brunette's sleeping face again, fixing her fringes off her face, and adjusted her position so Minjoo could sleep more comfortably.

 

Oh, how she missed this. This happened before last week but Minjoo was so drunk back then and it didn't last long. But now, they would be like this for an hour or so, and Yujin is happy for unknown reasons. Perhaps, she just really missed being close like this to Minjoo. They would always do this whenever there's a chance back then. Even when Yujin was in London, she never let other people rest their heads on her shoulders, never— because that spot is for Minjoo, and Minjoo only.

 

A few minutes later, she could clearly hear Minjoo's calm breathing, and her brows are not furrowed anymore and her expression is more peaceful and relaxed than before— Yujin grinned because she knew Minjoo is completely asleep, she must be very exhausted because of her work. The taller could not help but to roll her eyes, growling mentally when she thought of Minjoo's boss who always gives the brunette tons of work because the latter is very diligent and hardworking, smart too— but it doesn't mean he can take Minjoo's kindness as an advantage, he knew the brunette won’t say no to his orders.

 

After she finally gets her COO position, the first thing she would use her power for, is to threaten Minjoo's boss. She really pity and worry over the brunette because she's being overworked and it's a big no no for Yujin.

 

Yujin looked up from watching Minjoo like a creepy stalker when she heard a small 'psst' coming from the front, turns out it was from Sakura who's peeking half of her head on the backrest, eyes playful. “You two talked already?” And Yujin nodded instantly. “Yes, it went very well.”

 

Eunbi spoke from the passenger seat, eyeing Yujin in the mirror. “Good for you two.” She softly said, earning a nod from the youngest. “Minjoo badly wanted closure so she can completely move on, she wanted for both of you to be on good terms.” She added.

 

Chaeyeon chuckled lightly. “She wanted to clear her part before she tries to love someone again fully.” She also added, sighing a bit. Yujin kept mum, glancing at the sleeping brunette.

 

Hyewon and her eyes met at the mirror again, but the surgeon's eyes remained cold and serious. “Let me ask you something, Yujin.” She started and Yujin just nodded, waiting for the older woman to throw her the question.

 

“Have you really moved on from Minjoo?”

 

There it is.

 

There's a pregnant silence, and the atmosphere is getting heavy too.

 

Yujin was struck for a second but she recovered immediately, laughing awkwardly, shaking her head in amusement. Easy, very easy to answer.

 

“Y-Yes,” She stuttered, sweating a bit. “Of course, I moved on from her already. It's been four years, my feelings have faded away.” She added, her voice breaking at the last part.

 

That was a very easy question, and the answer was very easy too, Yujin always answers that question confidently.

 

But why is it suddenly hard for her to answer. Why did she hesitate? Why was it hard for the words to roll out from her tongue? Why did it leave a bitter taste on ? And why did her heart sting a bit when she answered it?

 

Eunbi turned her body to look at the tensed blue haired woman, smiling a bit.

 

“Make sure you already did. Chaewon is already waiting for Minjoo.”


 

Yujin huffed, laughing, finding Eunbi's response funny but she didn't respond at all afterward.

 

Her chest is burning.

 

Yujin doesn't want to know the very reason why.


 

 

“We have arrived,” Hyewon announced as the van came into a halt, waking Yujin up— somehow, along the road, she also dozed off, resting her head on top of Minjoo's.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter