seven: still in-love

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The loud soft sweet music flooded Minjoo's ears, muffled since her heart is drumming so wildly that she can even feel herself trembling against every beat of her poor heart. Her eyes are just glued towards Yujin who's also staring back at her.

 

She noticed how Yujin's eyes were pleading and solemn as she stared at her. It looks so droopy and it's giving her a very painful yet drunk-in love gaze. Her knees buckled, feeling it getting jelly under the heavy gaze.

 

In her peripheral vision, the bartender immediately scooted away to give them privacy, and kudos for him for doing that. Some guests are still looking at them, amused, especially when they heard Yujin's shout. But again, Minjoo cared less, she just focused on staring back at her ex-lover— confused and anxious.

 

Minjoo also felt dried up but she managed to get her voice back and even spoke.


 

“Y-You're really drunk, Yujin-ah. Let me take you home,” She weakly said, her shoulders slumping. She doesn't know what to say or do, to be honest. Yujin is definitely drunk, maybe she's just slurring s, she probably doesn't even know what she's saying to her.

 

The blue haired woman took a deep breath, sighing as she slid her fingers down her blue locks, obviously frustrated.

 

Minjoo gulped because Yujin didn't even move or speak, she's just hanging her head down low, her long electric blue hair also hanging and gently swaying a bit. She lets out a surprised yelp when Yujin suddenly stood up, towering over her, pinning her under that heavy and sharp gaze. She gulped again— her heart really might go through her ribcage because of how hard and fast it is beating.

 

Another staring contest, and Minjoo felt so small, she slowly shrunk as Yujin just glued her eyes on her, pursing her lips.


 

She felt so weak whenever Yujin stares at her like she's the only woman to ever exist— like she's ready to run her away from the world and keep her to herself.

 

She can feel shivers running through her back when the taller woman suddenly took a step forward closer, bending her knees a little bit as she leaned towards Minjoo's ear. Minjoo, for a second, thought that the other woman would aim for her lips. She can smell chocolate and Hennessy mixed from the latter.

 

“Drunk or sober, my feelings won't change. I've done everything I could do to forget you Minjoo, but seems like I can't really do it and I slowly come to accept it. Don't worry, I won't steal you from the person who currently makes you happy, I'm not that low,” Yujin whispered in a low yet husky voice, her lips grazing a bit against Minjoo's reddening ear. “Your happiness is my everything, Minjoo. Even if it costs mine, even if I'm not the person that's making you happy. Please, all I want is for you to smile genuinely.” She added in a very sad tone. She's very serious when she addresses the older informally.

 

Minjoo froze, her mind running and in chaos, her heart raced even more that it hurts, Yujin's words hurt her, when she shouldn't feel like this— this shouldn't matter to her.


 

Yujin slowly leaned away, staying still to reach her eye level, staring at her with those sad and soft hazelnut orbs. “I still love you, Minjoo,” She smiled, sad yet happy. There's a clench on Minjoo's heart. “I won't ask you to love me again, and I'm very sorry for the heartbreak I caused you. Please, love Chaewon and be happy with her.” She said then fled away, leaving the shocked and dazed Minjoo there at the bar counter.


 

Minjoo's cold teary eyes slowly darted towards the direction where Yujin vanished after confessing that she still loves her. The blue haired woman bravely confessed by herself.


 

Her heart dropped, feeling it shatter into a million pieces.


 

Yujin surrendered Minjoo up. Again.



 


 

Yujin ran as fast as she could away from that place.

 

Away from Minjoo.

 

Sometimes, she hates herself— she just hates herself in general, she can’t lie to Minjoo, whenever Minjoo asks what's wrong, she would instantly answer truthfully— which led to her unplanned and impulsive confession. Heck, she just realized that she still loved the brunette so much barely an hour ago. Well, she wouldn't be able to keep it to herself for long anyway. It's better being honest about her feelings but— Minjoo might avoid her and her heart already shatters at the thought.

 

Oh, she badly wanted a stick of cigarette right now.

 

She huffed and leaned to her car, sliding herself until she sat on the ground. She's so hopeless. So pathetic for Minjoo.

 

She slowly took her phone out of her pocket, dialing Hyewon's number. She can't face Minjoo right after what happened, so she doesn't have any plans on taking a step inside that establishment again. She waited patiently, grumbling about how much of a loser and pathetic she is. It took five rings for Hyewon to pick up.

 

“Oi, where are you? Minjoo has been looking for you.” The surgeon greeted, voice a little bit playful and tipsy. She sighed. “Unnie, I need to go home. I'm… not exactly feeling well.” She answered, half lying, half saying the truth. She doesn't really feel well after all of that.

 

She heard huffs and other noises from the other line before a familiar voice spoke. “Ahn Yujin! Are you okay?” Eunbi asked and obviously worried about her. She smiled a bit. “Yes, I think I just need rest. Please tell Yena and Yuri-unnie that I'll make up to them tomorrow and sorry for leaving abruptly.” Yujin muttered an answer, picking her fingers while looking at the night sky and stars.

 

And oh, realization hit her again. She'll be meeting with Minjoo tomorrow at lunch before they send off the newly married couple to their honeymoon.

 

A sigh from the other line can be heard. “Okay, rest up, pup. See you, hmm?” Eunbi said. Yujin hummed. “Good night, unnies,” She whispered and ended the call, making her stand up to the ground and decided to go home.

 

She doesn't entirely know what she would do tomorrow if she faces Minjoo. Whatever. She needs to think about how she will sleep tonight first, maybe drink a bottle of wine. Yeah, that's it, and hope for the best that she'll sleep early and not dream of Minjoo— which has a 20% chance of most likely to happen.


 

 

 

Minjoo went back to the table, weak and her eyes were soulless, and in very deep thought.

 

Chaeyeon noticed her and spoke up. “Minjoo, did you see Yujin? She called just a few seconds ago.” She said as Minjoo slowly sat back on her spot, looking at her with a surprised expression. “R-Really? What did she say?” She said, not answering Chaeyeon's question. Hyewon piped in, full of cake. “She said she’s not feeling well and she'll go home soon.” She answered, muffled because of the dessert, and even almost choked.

 

Minjoo blinked, and just nodded, pretending that she didn't know anything. “Oh, I see.” She muttered, her gaze dropping down to her lap.


 

Sakura noticed how silent Minjoo was after she went back to the table after trying to search for Yujin. The brunette kept her head down and only forcing herself to smile at Hyewon's jokes.


 

Something definitely happened earlier.


 

She dared herself to ask Minjoo since she's getting worried over it. She scooted her chair a bit closer to the silent and sad brunette, leaning her face. Minjoo noticed her and gave her a confused and weird look. “Kkura-chan?” Sakura squinted her eyes, narrowing her gaze towards Minjoo. “Something's wrong with you,” She started off. “Did something happen while you're trying to find the pup? You seemed sad, silent, and not in the mood after you came back.” She asked and leaned her face closer, making the younger yelp and leaned backward.

 

“N-Nothing,” Minjoo lied through her teeth. “I just saw a c-couple back there at the restroom, making out.” She reasoned out. She doesn't even know where it came from but whatever, at least she managed to make up a lie.

 

However, Sakura looks like she's not buying it. She tilted her head innocently. “Making out? At the bathroom of a wedding reception? How bold of them,” She asked with a very curious high-pitched voice, it's like she's mocking Minjoo. The brunette pouted and slowly nodded in confirmation. “Yes?” She answered, not quite sure what to say.

 

Both of them just stared at each other for a few seconds before Sakura let out a sigh, Minjoo is not a good liar in the first place, she can see through those expressive eyes but she can't pinpoint what might be the reason for her sudden behavior like this, she doesn't want to push Minjoo to talk too. “I'll take you home.” She said and stood up, catching Minjoo off guard. “H-Huh? The newly wed might get upset, Yujin already went home without notice. And why all of a sudden? I'm perfectly fine, unnie.” The brunette exclaimed as she tugged Sakura's wrist, signaling her to sit down again since the other three are looking at them, watching silently.

 

Sakura took a deep breath. “I know you are not, but I won't ask why. You should go home, you need a peaceful, and quiet place to think. Come on, I'll explain it to Yuri and Yena. They're busy tending the other guests anyway.” She said, then reached for Minjoo's arm and supported her to stand up. The brunette wordlessly obeyed.

 

The Japanese woman turned to the three, giving them a nod that was returned by them. They'll just talk after Sakura comes back from driving Minjoo home. She dragged Minjoo away from the table, the brunette let herself get dragged, she didn't even manage to bid goodbye to her friends, maybe just apologize to them through text plus she's too tired and weak.

 

She found herself sitting at Chaeyeon and Sakura's Rover, staring directly at the windshield, spotting the shining full moon as Sakura the engine. Slowly, the car went alive and maneuvered it outside the parking lot, entering the main road, speeding off a bit.

 

“Why aren't you asking? You're curious, right?” Minjoo broke the silence around the car, turning her head to look at the older woman who's focused on driving. She knows that Sakura's already thinking of something, so why won't she ask Minjoo?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter