nine: friends

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anyway guys, before you start, I just wanted to say that don’t expect much on this chapter since it’s more on a ‘filler’ chapter only but ofc it’s still important! That’s all, enjoy~

 

 

It’s the newly-weds’ arrival today, finally after a whole week of spending their honeymoon in Hawaii. However, the gang can’t pick them up today because all of them are quite busy with their works but the couple understands, they even visited them in their workplace to give them their souvenirs and packed lunch.

 

When they went to Yujin’s office, they decided to hang out there for a bit, catching up after a week of missing out although the squad only met once without the couple, Yena certainly knew something juicy happened.

 

She went over to the blue haired woman who’s busy typing something on her computer, then tapped her broad shoulders with a sheepish smile. Yujin looked up to her, giving her a questioning look.

 

“Stop typing and talk with us,” The CEO pouted, making Yujin roll her eyes, saving her draft before closing her laptop and turned her full attention to the annoying married couple. “I know something happened between you and Minjoo on the day of our wedding. Tell us the deets, sis.” She said, eyes sparkling in curiosity as she sat beside her wife.

 

The blue haired woman narrowed her eyes on her but sighed after, she knows the couple won’t even stop bugging her about that until she speaks so she just spilled everything, even the still in love with Minjoo part. She spent almost fifteen minutes blabbering straight and the couple is listening intently on her story.

 

After that, Yujin is surprised that Yena and Yuri are just smiling at her, not even a slightest shocked expression can be seen on their faces which confuses her. “Why are you guys not shocked over the revelation?” She asked and the couple rolled their eyes. “We've been knew, sis. You’re too obvious. You can deny all you want but we can read you, Ahn Yujin. I’m glad you’re finally honest with your feelings and even confessed to Minjoo! Wow,” Yena said, amused as she clapped her hands slowly, earning a grunt from Yujin.

 

Yuri chuckled, patting the younger’s head. “That’s why you both were awkward last week but, Yujin,” She shifted into a more serious demeanor that made Yujin sit up properly from her seat. “You do know she likes Chaewon-ssi right? And the woman is waiting for Minjoo, right?” She asked worriedly yet serious. She can’t help but to think of Yujin’s feelings over this. The blue haired woman would definitely face a lot of painful challenges— watching Minjoo and Chaewon being happy together is one of them. They are very concerned for Yujin.


 

Yujin just shrugged. “I know my place even before all of these. I will not steal her from Chaewon or whatsoever, I may be petty but I’m not that low. Minjoo’s happiness is my priority.” She answered with a soft sigh, rubbing her nape. The couple can’t help but to be sad for their friend. “As long as Minjoo is happy, I guess I’ll be okay too. I don’t really know when these feelings will fade, probably never.” She added in a frustrated manner.

 

Yena pressed her lips together, reaching for Yujin’s hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “Have you guys talked?” She asked carefully. Yujin nodded instantly. “Yup, I can’t stand her avoiding me, so I clarified my feelings over her. Now, we’re okay, she’s not that awkward with me anymore, she even sends me frog memes every midnight.” She said then chuckled a bit after remembering that. Minjoo randomly sends her frog memes every night and they would chat a bit, Yujin would plead Minjoo to sleep because the latter will be drowsy the next day at work, she doesn’t want Minjoo to be sleep-deprived because she just talked with her all night.

 

She’s already happy with all of this. It’s like they are already back being best friends, and it’s more than enough for Yujin.

 

Yuri gasped. “Well that’s a big improvement, but Yujin-ah, won’t this hurt you? I mean, you might fall deeper and it’ll hurt you in the process…” She asked, sighing defeatedly, she’s really that scared for the blue haired woman but Yujin gave her a reassuring smile that made her at ease a bit. “It’s okay. I’ll be fine.” She replied.

 

But they are not done throwing some questions and stuff for Yujin to answer. Yena tilted her head, biting her lower lip before speaking. “What really happened at the talk last week…?” She asked again.

 


 

“Can we talk? Please?” Yujin choked out in a very desperate husky voice.

 

“Okay.” Minjoo quietly answered, settling properly on her seat again, but her head is down, staring the blue haired woman’s hand wrapped around her wrist. It’s giving her the smallest bit of warmth, and Minjoo actually doesn't want Yujin to retreat it.

 

But sadly for her, the blue haired woman instantly retreated her hand after silence took over them like she got burnt and cleared awkwardly.

 

“I know you’re avoiding and are very uncomfortable around me because of the confession yesterday. I don’t like you being like this around me so I decided to confront you.” She whispered, playing with her fingers, glancing briefly at her ex-lover.

 

Minjoo slowly turned her head to her. “Is it true?” She quietly asked. “Is it true that you still l-love me?” She repeated, choking out. For unknown reasons, she wanted to hear Yujin’s feelings for her again, she wanted to hear it more clearly, even if she knew it’ll make her heart do things again.

 

Sighing, Yujin just casually nodded, no point in being not straightforward anyway. “Yes, Minjoo-unnie. I still love you,” She replied, staring straight right into Minjoo’s orbs. “Those old feelings for you bloomed again which I thought were long gone from my heart but first love never dies for me, I guess.” She added and chuckled, attempting to make a joke but the brunette just stared at her with sad and pitiful eyes so she composed herself again.

 

“I know it's sudden, I’m quite surprised too when I realized it after the dance. I know it’s still there, the feelings I mean, it never went or faded away, I’m just in denial. It kinda hurts my pride and ego, because it’s me who left you yet I’m still the one who’s still hung up with the past.” Yujin said bitterly, avoiding Minjoo’s stares. “But whatever. This is probably my punishment for leaving you, it’s a good yet painful punishment.” She added with a weak sigh.

 

She gathered herself enough courage to look back at the quiet older woman, awkwardly turning her head to meet her gaze.

 

“But Minjoo-unnie, I beg you not to avoid me because I still have feelings for you, like I told you yesterday, I won’t steal you from anyone nor bother you. I just wanted you to be happy and all. I just hope we can be friends, like best friends like we used to be back then. Not being awkward and stuff, talk to me without hesitation or stammering, crack unfunny jokes, no hesitation on going near me— sort of like that, just forget that I still have feelings for you. That’s more than enough for me,” She finally said her purpose, giving Minjoo pleading puppy eyes, begging her. “Can you do that, please? I don’t want us to be awkward forever.” Yujin added, her voice cracking when she pleaded.

 

Minjoo stared at her, in awe. But after a few seconds of silence, the brunette nervously moved her eyes around, avoiding Yujin’s pleading gaze.

 

“I don’t want to give you false hope, Yujin, and I might hurt you without me knowing, that’s why I wanted distance. I can’t h-hurt you any further.” She replied. She’s concerned over Yujin. She got a point, the blue haired woman will be definitely hurt or worse, might fall deeper into the brunette and just break her heart again in the process but for Yujin, it’ll be alright.

 

Yujin grinned, holding Minjoo’s hand, making the latter flinch a bit. “Don’t worry about me, I know my place. I’ll be definitely hurt especially if you’re around Chaewon, but it’s normal. Just don’t mind me and let me be in pain in silence. As long as I’m seeing you happy then my heart will be put at ease.” She said reassuringly even if her heart started to clench the thought of seeing Chaewon and Minjoo together often like earlier, it already pains her but she’s going to be strong for her own self and for Minjoo.

 

“As long as you are smiling genuinely, I’ll be alright,”


 

 

Yena’s face dropped, her heart aches for her friend. But she mentally smiled because Yujin is very mature now, so mature. If she’s still the Yujin years ago then she would’ve stolen Minjoo from Chaewon without a second thought but now, the blue haired woman cared for the brunette’s happiness, and she easily accepted the fact that Minjoo likes Chaewon now. She even immediately clarified things so the brunette won’t get wrong ideas and won’t be uncomfortable around her.

 

Yena is very proud of the younger, she can’t help but to hug Yujin, tight as she could. “Ahn Yudings is nowhere to be seen anymore. Oh my god, you grew up a lot! You considered Minjoo’s feelings first before yours~” She chirped, tearing a bit making Yujin look at her weirdly. “Yikes, unnie.” She grimaced because the CEO is really tearing up at her sudden growth, mentally, that she’s more mature. “Of course, I wouldn’t be selfish anymore.” She said, shaking her head.

 

Even Yuri is amazed at how Yujin handled things with Minjoo, she’s equally proud for Yujin but at the same time, sad, she’s already thinking of the heartbreaks that the blue haired woman will encounter in the future. She could only hope for the right person that will heal Yujin would come sooner because she doesn’t want to see her friend going through pain silently.

 

The blonde slowly went to Yujin and also pulled her into a warm embrace. Yujin didn’t budge, she just hugged back. She broke the hug after a few seconds, planting a kiss on the blue haired woman’s crown and gently patted her head. “Don’t worry, unnies are here with you, we can comfort you always, you can also open up to us. It’ll be a rocky path ahead, but we’re just here, you don’t have to suffer alone in pain, we’ll always be here for you.” She gushed, gently rubbing the chin of the younger woman with a gentle smile. Yena nodded furiously, patting the pup’s head.

 

Yujin smiled at them, thinking how she’s lucky to have them by her side. “Thank you,” She whispered, and the couple cooed at her, peppering her with kisses. She just let them give her affection like they are their child, she could use some, she’s feeling lonely these days and the couple is doing great by comforting her.

 

They may be annoying at all times, especially Yena, but they are very dependable. They are the best at giving comfort and advice.

 

Yujin is just simply grateful that she has them in her life.


 

 

The blue haired woman was typing something on her laptop when the door of her office suddenly flung harshly for the 2nd time today making her hiss, because firstly, the door might get destroyed and the poor wall behind might get damaged too, and secondly, she got interrupted again from working. She will definitely get an earful of scolds from her father if he ever learned her works are not yet finished and that friends are visiting and bothering her when she is in training.

 

It’s been three hours since the newlyweds decided to go home, but before they went home, they made Yujin promise that she’ll go to their weekly hang out tomorrow.

 

She looked up from her laptop, frowning because she was not informed that she’ll be having visitors again only to lit up when she saw two familiar faces striding towards her with a smug look.

 

“Oi, Ahn Yujin~ It’s been a while.” The person greeted while Wonyoung followed behind, towering the person in front of her.

 

Yujin stood up from her seat, greeting her adorable friend, bending a bit to reach the newcomer’s height and hugged her. “Hey there, Nako-chan,” She said, patting her back before breaking the hug, looking down at her.

 

Nako huffed, crossing her arms. “You better have some good explanation for me. I heard a lot from Wonyoungie.” She said, eyeing her tall friend. Yujin instantly rolled her eyes, throwing a glare at Wonyoung and the latter just stuck her tongue on her, then went over to cling to her again just to annoy her.

 

“You know Wonnie can’t shut up~ Plus, Nako-chan needed to know this as soon as possible.” She said with an annoying sweet voice, even puckering her lips to look cuter. Yujin grimaced, trying to shove the younger away from her while Nako just glared at her.

 

“Oh god, get off me!” She hissed when Wonyoung placed a kiss on her cheek then ruffled her fringes, messing it before detaching herself from her with a laugh. Nako just watched it with a scowl, obviously impatient.

 

Yujin huffed tiredly as she fixed her fringes on her forehead, slumping into her seat. “Actually, can I just talk to you guys later? I’m really busy right now.” She said, typing on her laptop again, not sparing a glance at the two making the adorable sized woman grunt at her. “Well, you can multitask! Come on, I wanna know what happened!” She chirped, jumping lightly on her seat. Wonyoung whipped her phone out and started to take selfies, ignoring them but her ears are ready to listen attentively.

 

The blue haired woman rubbed her eyes, feeling drowsy and tired. She started talking as she typed, she knows the two won’t leave her alone until she speaks.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter