special chapter: time

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rubbing her temples, Yujin heaved a very deep sigh as she leaned back to her swivel chair, and good lord, she could feel her back bone cracking a bit. It felt stiff after sitting there on her chair for five hours straight — like literally. She didn’t even stand up even just for a few seconds to stretch. She was way too engrossed in the paperworks and her computer screen, eager to finish them all up so she could go home. And now, it was taking a toll on her body.

 

When she stood up, her vision went black and hazy for a few moments, and Yujin clutched her desk like her life depended on it until her vision turned to normal again. Her head was pounding, and aching badly, her eyes were so heavy — and was dried, plus, her whole body was almost numb from the soreness. But it wasn’t anything new to Ahn Yujin after she claimed the CEO position from her father two years ago.

 

Yes, her father finally passed the position to her after years of being the COO, and training, and getting enough experiences for her to be redeemed worthy of being the next CEO of the Ahn Inc. She was just appointed two years ago, and was just entering her and Minjoo’s fourth year of marriage at that time.

 

A smile slowly crept up on her lips when she thought of her beautiful wife who was probably waiting for her at home, patiently. Minjoo had been a supportive, understanding wife, of course. Even when they were still girlfriends, she remained almost the same — still the patient, loving, soft-spoken, and kind Kim Minjoo. She knew that Yujin would take over their family’s company soon, and she understood that clearly, not throwing a fit whenever Yujin got home late after working. But still, she shouldn’t abuse that — Yujin wanted to be a responsible wife, and a mother, too.

 

Yes again, she was finally a mother of one cute six-year-old little child named Yumin who she and Minjoo decided to adopt after visiting a few orphanages when they were donating. Little Yumin was a smart, kind, and bright kid. She caught the couple’s attention before, and they instantly became fond of the kid. It didn’t take long for Minjoo and Yujin to adopt her after visiting her quite a few times because the kid started to fill a soft spot in their hearts. And now, Yumin had already been living with them for three years now.

 

Well, after all, both Minjoo and her wanted a child too, of course. They talked about adopting a kid in the near future, and Yumin was the fated one for them. They treated the child as their own. Minjoo even quitted her job as a model so she could be a full-time mother, and house wife, and just recently, she started to take a few modelling gigs after Yumin started to understand that her parents wanted to work, and that was all for her, so they could give her the toys she wanted.

 

Yujin disagreed at first since she was literally the CEO already, and she was earning more than enough to afford such a luxurious life for her, and their kid but she also knew Minjoo would be restless so she just let her do whatever that made her happy. She was just afraid Yumin would be lonely, and sad that the both of them wouldn’t be around the house often. Yujin was always absent and always going home late, and she knew that Yumin was a little bit upset over that fact sometimes because she couldn’t spend much time with her but Yujin couldn’t do much with it, it was the nature of her work.

 

Of course she felt bad. She also knew that Minjoo was getting upset that she was going home later than usual, but she tried her best to understand that the company was facing a problem, and Yujin needed to do a lot of things to fix it. She just really hoped that one day, her wife wouldn’t snap at her because she was afraid that if Minjoo finally vocally expressed that she was very angry to the fact that Yujin was prioritizing work than her family for the last few months — Yujin might really step down because goodness, she loved her family much more!

 

And so, Yujin was always hurrying to do her work for that day because she wanted to spend, even just a short time with her family. She felt like Yumin was slightly drifting apart already because whenever Yujin got home, the kid was already sleeping — and of course, Yujin didn’t have the heart to wake her up just to tell her that she was home even though the kid herself would ask Minjoo or her nanny to wake her up once her mother ever reached home.

 

It was heartwarming, really. It was the main reason why she was motivated to finish her work in the office as soon as possible. Yujin wanted to play with the little Yumin. She knew it was bad to not take breaks but she was just too eager, and desperate to the point that her secretary, Jihan, needed to remind her to take her meals, or take a short breather, or even just take a sip of her water, and not just coffee or energy drink.

 

Yujin shook her head, trying to collect her thoughts. She then started to clean up her desk then glanced at the clock, it said, 7:29pm, well — hopefully, when she reached home Yumin was still awake since her bed time was around eight. She wanted to have a lil’ chat with her child, and she would be the one who would tuck her into her bed, and read her to sleep.

 

On the way towards the elevator, she almost tripped because her knees buckled since her legs were feeling like jelly, thankfully — she caught herself before she could even hurt and embarrass herself in front of her driver. And with that, she walked outside, and greeted some employees who were still in the building. When she entered the car, she instructed the driver to drive fast, even adding playfully that she didn’t care if they needed to beat the red light — as long as they could reach home very fast.

 

The driver complied with a nod, a little bit shaken a bit but he was a fast yet careful driver. He was skilled, and Yujin made a mental note to give this man a raise because she really thought that she could still see Yumin awake.

 

The car soon entered an exclusive villa in Seoul, where the richest people in South Korea live. And of course, Yujin would live here. It had a very nice view of the night life of Seoul, and the security was very tight so her family would be safe here. They reached a familiar huge gate that opened the moment the camera detected the car, and soon, Yujin saw the familiar pathway that would lead them to their home. She spotted the house guards giving her a bow from their station.

 

Yujin was then greeted by a familiar modern two-storey house where she had been living with her lovely small family for years now. She didn’t want a very huge one, only spacious and wide enough to be called above average. It couldn’t be compared to a mansion though. It also had a small rooftop, and a balcony on the master’s bedroom. The backyard was wide enough for Yumin to run around with her friends, and there was a small playground for her. There was a small multi-purpose court too, and a pool.

 

It was her and Minjoo’s dream house, and whenever Yujin saw the full-view of it — her heart would swell in pride because they managed to build their own house. And it was something overwhelming that in that house, she and her small family lived nicely, and comfortably.

 

And the moment the car halted in front of the porch, Yujin hopped off immediately after giving her driver a small utter of ‘thanks’, and rushed into the house — and when she was just about to close the door, she could already hear a very familiar squeak coming from the living room, and soon she spotted a small figure appearing from the living room, followed by a happy yell of, “Mother!”

 

Whenever Yumin called her ‘mother’ and especially with a happy tone — Yujin’s heart would always warm without fail. God, she loved this kid to death, and would do anything to make this cutie happy.

 

Yumin ran towards her, and Yujin met her halfway, crouching down to carry her up — and even though she was exhausted from work, she still got some strength left for her baby, then spun her around before hugging her with Yumin clinging on her like a koala while giggling happily. “Hello, my dear! How was your day?” Yujin asked, excited to know what her child was up to.

 

Yumin beamed on her arms, leaning away a bit to face her mom — smiling brightly, showing her teeth that had one missing tooth on it but it just made her cuter. “Awesome! Mom and me drawed and painted all day~” She answered, and Yujin cooed, ruffling her hair then pressed a kiss on her fluffy cheek, and started to walk towards the living room while still holding her child in her arms. She gave a slight nod towards Yumin’s nanny, Seohyun.

 

“Wow! That sounded nice, my lovely.” Yujin commented, and Yumin suddenly became pouty, puckering her lips almost sulkily, and the CEO’s smile faded away a little bit.

 

“It would be better if you were with us,” Yumin mumbled sadly, and Yujin’s heart shattered, feeling absolutely bad for making her child sad because she wasn’t spending enough time with her, not bonding a lot with her because of too much work.

 

Trying to put an apologetic smile, Yujin apologized, “Sorry, Yumin-ah. Mother is so busy these days, I’ll make it up to you real soon, okay?” She said, and saw that Minjoo was approaching them — it looked like she went to the kitchen to grab some snacks for them. Her ever-so beautiful wife gave her a sweet smile which she immediately returned.

 

“Really? You can make it up to me in two days! Let’s go to the mall! The three of us,” Yumin suggested, and Yujin chuckled, placing her back to the ground then crouched in front of her, pressing a kiss on the child’s forehead. How could she refuse? Yumin rarely asked for something, and it was really heartwarming that the girl wanted for them to have a family bonding, and she was not asking for a toy or anything. She wasn’t materialistic anyway, just like Minjoo. The kid always thought that it was the thought that counts, and that memories were more important to cherish.

 

Yujin thought of her schedule in the next few days. Luckily for her, her schedule in two days was less hectic, and that would be perfect. She could go home around the afternoon, and the three of them could spend time together roaming around the mall happily. She couldn’t refuse her daughter’s request. “Alright, Mother will go home early, and we’ll go to the mall, okay?” promised Yujin, and Yumin was ecstatic, squealing then hugged her mother again before turning to her mom.

 

“Mom! We’ll go to the mall with Mother in two days, Yumin is excited!” The kid happily exclaimed, she was genuinely excited — her face was bright, and happy. And it made Yujin grin.

 

Minjoo chuckled at that, ruffling her child’s hair. “That’ll be fun,” She responded with a soft smile on her face. “Now, go with your nanny Seohyun and take a bath, okay? Me and your Mother will be up in a bit, hmm?” She then softly said, and Yumin nodded eagerly. “Good girl.” cooed Minjoo then the kid flashed her a toothy grin before dashing to her nanny, and they both disappeared upstairs, leaving Yujin and Minjoo in the living room.

 

“Hey,” Yujin greeted, finally — her exhaustion was slowly creeping up to her whole system again, shrugging off her coat, tossing it on the couch before walking closer to her wife then engulfed her into a warm hug. Minjoo hugged back instantly, burying her face on the younger yet taller woman’s neck. “How was the photoshoot earlier?”

 

Minjoo hummed, muffled against her skin but she slowly pulled away to look at her wife in the face, still wearing her beautiful smile. “Tiring but all good.” She answered, poking Yujin’s nose. “How was your day?” She then asked this time, and Yujin’s face immediately scrunched up.

 

“Exhausting like usual but now that I’m home, I feel a lot better.” Yujin honestly answered cheekily which made Minjoo chuckle, tiptoeing to give her a peck on the lips. The CEO whined, shaking her head, and dipped her head to follow Minjoo’s lips — pulling her for a longer, passionate kiss.

 

It didn’t last long because after getting satisfied with kissing, and nibbling on Minjoo’s lips, Yujin pulled away while panting softly, “We should get upstairs, I’m going to read for our daughter.” She said, and Minjoo nodded. The both of them went upstairs, and found their daughter already in her pajamas, and Seohyun was already leaving Yumin’s room.

 

The couple thanked the older woman, and greeted her good night before they went to Yumin — the kid was already waiting for them, fresh, and smiling. Yujin immediately scooped her with her arms, then peppered her kisses that made Yumin laugh before the woman tucked her inside the covers. She then sat on the stool beside Yumin’s bed, and grabbed a book then started to read for her daughter.

 

Minjoo settled on the side of their daughter’s bed, also watching and listening to Yujin, her eyes fluttering in a sleepy manner. Well, Yujin’s voice was just that soothing.

 

Soon enough, Yumin was already fast asleep, wearing a small smile on her lips. Yujin closed the book then placed it back on the table and stood up, bending a bit to kiss Yumin on the forehead. Minjoo did the same, and after that, the couple quietly closed the kid’s bedroom, then went on their own sluggishly.

 

Yujin was changing her clothes, in the process of ing her shirt while Minjoo was brushing her hair, staring at her wife, and then started to speak. “Can you really go home very early in two days?” asked the older woman.

 

The CEO turned to her, and chewed on her lower lip. “Yeah, I think I can.” She answered, and Minjoo heaved a sigh, walking closer to her then wrapped her arms around her wife. Yujin just smiled, hugging the older woman back, planting a kiss on top of her forehead. God, she really loved this woman. For sure, she wouldn’t survive without her.

 

“I’m just worried, you know? Your work is really eating up all of your time, and I’m scared you might have a sudden important meeting that day, and you will ditch us.” Minjoo murmured softly, and Yujin let out a sigh at that, hugging her wife tighter. The younger woman was really guilty for not spending a lot of time with her wife and daughter, she would really rather spend time with them every single day, twenty-four seven but… her work, she couldn’t just abandon either or else a lot of things would happen like the employees losing their jobs because Yujin was being too incompetent.

 

Yujin broke the hug, cupping both Minjoo’s cheeks then gave her a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry, I will be on time.” She said, then her eyes lowered down, darting to Minjoo’s lips — she her lower lip before meeting her wife’s orbs again, it was slightly dark but a little bit worried. “I promise.”

 

And with that, Yujin crashed her lips on Minjoo’s pair.

 

 

Two days later, Yujin was so excited for later because the three of them had plans. She promised Yumin and Minjoo that she would be home early and spend quality time with them, so she happily did her work — fast. She was eager, and was so desperate to finish all of those papers to approve, and read.

 

And when she finally finished the last batch, Yujin stood up from her swivel chair while rejoicing, finally fixing her things giddily — she was smiling happily, and wow, she would arrive home an hour earlier than their promised time, and that was even way better!

 

She grabbed her briefcase, and went out of her office — ready to go home, and all. When the elevator opened, Yujin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter