fourteen: a secret that we only know

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjoo jolted up from her bed, surprised at the sudden noise of her doorbell ringing, waking her up instantly from her deep slumber. With an annoyed groan, she glanced at the wall clock attached at the wall and her rose formed into a deep furrow when she saw that it’s only about 6 in the morning.

 

She lets out an annoyed huff when she was forced to get off from her lovely bed and slip on her shoes to see the unexpected visitor in this very early hour. She can’t help but to be pissed because she’s dreaming something very wholesome and she was about to get into the best part of that dream not until this person decided to wake her up.

 

Opening the door, harshly and didn’t even bother to look who’s the person, she lets out a hiss. “It’s so early yet—” She immediately pressed her lips together and her frown instantly disappeared from her face when she saw the person standing in front of her with a very bright and charming grin.

 

“What are you doing here? It’s too early,” Minjoo retorted, unamused but her heart is already doing flips. She’s just confused about why Yujin is so early on visiting her, the sun is still in the process of rising up too.

 

“Good morning, baby~” Yujin greeted, scrunching up her nose and tilted her head before lifting her hand that’s holding a plastic bag. “I decided to make you breakfast and visit you early~ I really missed you and I haven’t seen you since yesterday.” She pouted while Minjoo just stared at her, widening the door for her to enter and she did.

 

The older woman watched her wear off her shoes as she rubbed her droopy eyes, stifling a yawn. Yujin smiled. “Did I really disturb your sleep? I really wanted to make you breakfast so I came here much earlier, I’m afraid that you might wake up and eat earlier than intended so here I am!” She exclaimed and they walked together to Minjoo’s living room.

 

Her heart warmed and couldn't help but to smile. “That’s nice of you,” She softly said and Yujin returned it with another dashing smile. “Anything for you, baby~” The blue haired woman replied and winked after. “Can I get a hug?” She then asked.

 

Minjoo chuckled before nodding, spreading her arms wide for Yujin to hug her completely. “Sure, come here you big baby.” She said and that was all it took for Yujin to come closer to her in a haste and engulfed her into a warm and tight hug.

 

Both of them chuckled to each other. The blue haired woman planted a kiss on the older’s cheek first before pulling away, she knew how the latter hated being kissed on the lips after just waking up so she settled on the cheek first and just set aside the idea of capturing her lips later.

 

They stared at each other, Minjoo being confused at why Yujin is giving her an unreadable look. “What’s wrong?” She asked, worried that the blue haired woman just pressed her lips into a thin line while holding her both shoulders. Yujin tilted her head in curiosity. “Minjoo,” And the older hummed in response.

 

“Are you not wearing anything underneath that shirt or—?” Yujin asked innocently while her eyes dropped down on Minjoo’s chest part.

 

When Minjoo processed what Yujin asked for a whole three seconds, she immediately went red and crossed her arm instantly to cover herself, even turning to the side. “Oh my god, you ert!” She hissed, shy, and embarrassed then released an annoyed groan when the blue haired woman started to laugh.

 

Of course, she wasn’t wearing underneath since it’s more comfortable not wearing a bra when sleeping plus she didn’t manage to dress up or even wash because Yujin appeared suddenly.

 

Yujin raised an amused brow at her, still grinning sheepishly making Minjoo’s annoyance and embarrassment increase. “Why? I’m just asking because I felt something—” She was cut off when once again, her shy lover hissed at her. “Shut it, don’t continue.” Minjoo took a deep breath, trying to calm herself.

 

“I don’t know why you are feeling shy all of a sudden, it’s not like it’s new to me.” The blue haired woman said, giggling, taking a step forward closer to Minjoo and the latter immediately leaned back, even raising up her guard while she just stared at Yujin who’s wearing a naughty smile making her sweat profusely.

 

Yujin pouted, leaning more dangerously closer to Minjoo, whispering something in her ear. “We became a couple for three years and even lived on a safe roof, so don’t be awkward and aloof around me like we just met each other yesterday.” She whispered lowly before nipping the reddening ear to tease the older further.

 

Minjoo immediately scooted away from her, beet red. “You know what, just do your thing. I-I’ll just dress up and wash. And stop teasing me, will you?” She huffed before marching back to her room as Yujin’s laugh flooded her ears. She closed the door of her room and even locked it, for safety purposes, she’s just thinking safe. The blue haired woman might go inside anytime and scare her while she’s showering, it happened a lot of times back then, and Yujin doesn’t just scare her, she even joins her— O—kay, that’s enough reminiscing.

 

She walked to her bathroom while blushing, she can’t believe herself that she’s thinking like this.

 

Minjoo still can’t help but to be flustered whenever Yujin does something very bold even though the latter usually do it before when they were together, she’s not used to it anymore and now she’s back in the phase of being shy like they’re just still into knowing each other stage but for sure it won’t last anyway, she still can play along with the teasing if she herself starts it but whenever Yujin opens first, she would just instantly blush and be shy.


 

After a refreshing quick shower, Minjoo wore comfortable clothes and checked herself first in the mirror before going to the kitchen, halting her feet when she saw Yujin’s attractive and broad back view. She can’t help but to watch first as memories from the past flooded her mind. Her lips curved up into a smile when she saw that the blue haired woman is focused on cooking breakfast, she’s also wearing Minjoo’s pink hello kitty apron making her cuter than ever.

 

Minjoo lets out a dreamy sigh, squeaking a bit before stealthily making her way towards Yujin before wrapping her arms around the younger’s waist, resting her head on her back, and caught a whiff of that familiar scent making her smile.

 

Meanwhile, Yujin grinned also when a pair of arms slipped around her waist, just like old times. Oh, surely, she missed this so much, and she can tell that Minjoo does too. Well, it’s been quite a while now. She may or may not purposely made her preparation slower so Minjoo could hug her longer.

 

“It looks delicious,” The older woman complimented genuinely, feeling -watering at the marvelous sight of the breakfast Yujin made. The blue haired woman smugly smiled, feeling proud and even had the urge to flip her hair. “Of course, it’s me who made that~” She chirped, still standing beside Minjoo who’s already on her seat.


 

“Why are you still here? Go, take a seat so we can eat.” Minjoo said, a little bit confused but Yujin just gave her a mischievous smile. “Why are you smiling like that? Move,” The older ordered, flustered because her lover is just smiling at her like that, it’s catching her off-guard.

 

She was about to say something away when Yujin suddenly cupped her cheeks making her jolt up a bit in shock, the younger then bent down and aimed for her lips. The brunette could only freeze, surprised but she closed her eyes after, responding to Yujin’s kisses.

 

Yujin hated the taste of mint lingering on Minjoo’s mouth because of the toothpaste but she still continued on attacking the latter’s lips, even with that awful taste, what mattered the most was Minjoo and her soft lips that she couldn’t get enough of. She pulled away a little after, giving the older a wink. “Well, that’s a real breakfast.” She teased.

 

Minjoo blushed and pushed Yujin away who’s laughing as she sat across the older and after a while, they started to eat, while of course, having a casual conversation.

 

“I kept insisting Eunbi-unnie and Hyewon-unnie that I’ll be fine on meeting you, I also kept saying to them that I don’t really mind if we could hang out as a full group again. It’s been a while too.” Yujin said, shoving a piece of meat on while Minjoo hummed, nodding. “I also suggested that, Clearly, they are probably talking about it.” She replied back as she took a sip from her orange juice. “You didn’t slip, didn’t you?” She asked with a suspecting tone, it made Yujin shake her head instantly.

 

“No, I did not. I actually did well on acting, Eunbi-unnie promised that she’ll ask the others on meeting tomorrow— the weekly hangout of IZ Cool Squad might be back sooner after all of that,” Yujin defended, chuckling a bit while Minjoo gave her a slow nod, believing her.

 

Silence engulfed them, they just enjoyed eating the food until they finished it. Minjoo took all the plates and glasses to the sink with the help of the younger and started to wash it while Yujin just stayed there, watching her from her seat.

 

“What are your plans for today?” Minjoo asked, softly and gently scrubbing the plate with the sponge, taking her time to wash the dirty dishes properly. Yujin hummed, rocking her body back and forth out of boredom. “Nothing really, probably going to stay here with you?” She replied, unsure too.

 

Chuckling, Minjoo placed the washed dishes on the side, she got surprised a bit when Yujin appeared beside her and started to place the clean plates and utensils on their respective places. “Fine with me, I don’t have anything else to do.” She replied, turning off the running faucet after she washed her hands properly then wiped it with a clean towel before fully facing the blue haired woman. “Just going to do some cleaning and probably play PS4, it’s been a while since I ever played some games because I’m always busy.” She muttered. “Anything productive we can do in mind?” Added by her as they both walked off the kitchen.

 

Yujin just pressed her lips together, thinking. “I have something in mind but I think you wouldn’t like it,” She whispered. Both of them sat on the couch, Yujin instantly wrapping her arms around her, snuggling closer to her while the brunette leaned her head on the younger’s broad and comfortable shoulders. “What is it?” She asked out of curiosity.

 

“We can make love if you want—"

 

“What the hell are you even suggesting?” Minjoo cut her off, her face beet red, and Yujin laughed again, pinching her cheek. “Just joking~ Unless…?” The younger teased then yelped when Minjoo pinched her thigh. She just pouted at the older.

 

“How about let’s bake or something? I saw a lot of tutorials on social media and it kind of caught my eye. Let’s try baking some new. You could also bake me some of my favorite blueberry cake.” She suggested and Minjoo nodded, finding it very decent and productive.

 

The brunette smiled at her. “That sounds nice, I still have some baking ingredients stocked. Plus, if we need something, there’s a mini-mart outside.” She said, grabbing her phone from the coffee table before going back to her spot, searching for some good cooking video on the internet.

 

“So, what should we do first? There’s a lot of videos we can pick for a guide.”

 

 

Another day passes and the whole IZ Cool Squad is ready to meet again— seems like the whole group, minus JinJoo already agreed and decided to have their weekly hangout today, thanks to the constant stubbornness of Yujin and calm explanation from Minjoo. But of course, the three pairs of couples are still worried and reluctant even though the two said that they are fine to meet again after that tragic whole month. It’s not like they can match and argue with the desperate blue haired woman.

 

Meanwhile, the lovers are excited because they’ll meet as a whole group again, however, Minjoo’s a little bit worried and nervous because Yujin might slip on saying something and they’ll be caught but the thrill is there too. Hopefully, Yujin will be a good obedient puppy for today.

 

Fixing her brown hair, Minjoo took a deep breath and gave her reflection on the mirror one last look before grabbing her purse that’s resting on her chair and walked out of her room, double-checking if she flicked the lights off and plugged the television out. She then wore her shoes and went outside, locking the door.

 

She opened their group chat while she waited for the elevator to reach the ground floor, reading the messages that the others are still preparing while Yujin said she’s on the way. She doesn’t interact with Yujin at the group chat though, she still needs to act awkward, so as much as possible, she only answers her other friends’ replies.

 

Minjoo walked out from her apartment building, earning some attention from the employees of the apartment complex itself and greeted her, and as usual, she greeted back with a small polite smile. She’s quite known here around, and people really admired her for her looks and kindness. There are some men workers who tried to hit up on her but she declined and only sees them as acquaintances.

 

She was about to hail a cab when a very familiar car halted in front of her before she could even stretch her neck to spot some taxis roaming around. It’s Yujin’s gorgeous Ferrari that she named, Zoo. It’s ridiculous but the blue haired woman revealed yesterday that, that car of hers actually does have a name. Minjoo didn’t have to think further where Yujin got that stupid name, it literally came from her own nickname, from Minzoo— a nickname she received when they were younger because she’s good at doing impression of a variety of animals.

 

The window of the driver’s car was rolled down, revealing the smiley Yujin, her dimples poking out and her eye smile is visible. The blue haired woman leaned closer to poke her head out a bit from inside. “Hi there, pretty lady, need a ride?” She said while wearing a mischievous smirk, her gaze dropping to check her out before looking up to meet Minjoo’s flustered gaze again with her innocent stare.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter