six: realization

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjoo calmly watched her friend who's sitting at the chair in front of a big mirror, two hairdressers are fixing her blonde hair.

 

She smiled unconsciously, especially when she saw Yuri heaving a sigh every minute passes, her perfectly shaped brows are furrowed while having a worried expression and tensed shoulders. The blonde already finished on her make-up just a little while after and is only dressed in a simple wide shirt, she decided to wear the wedding gown after her hair and make-up were done.

 

Finally, Yuri and Yena's big day is happening. The couple was so nervous yet very much excited to marry and finally spent their lives until their last breaths as official wives.

 

Yesterday, the couple decided not to see each other for a day, leaving Yuri to Minjoo, Sakura, and Eunbi and the four spent their day on the rooftop of Yuri's parents' house while happily conversing and teasing Yuri relentlessly about being an official wife to Yena starting tomorrow, which is today— they only drank iced teas and coffees, avoiding alcoholic liquors as much as possible because they don't want to look like zombies at the wedding. They spent their time until ten pm. Meanwhile, the other idiots drank happily and even cried their hearts out that their bro will be going to get married to her soulmate— Hyewon sobbed the loudest, even clinging to Yena the whole night. Yujin recorded it all, perks of having a high alcohol tolerance.

 

Chaeyeon even playfully suggested that they should hire a stripper or go to the club to have some fun, and let Yena enjoy the last day of her being a non-married woman but backed out immediately when they imagined the wrath of their girlfriends once they learned about that and decided to throw the idea off especially Yena, she literally paled at the suggestion, she doesn't want Yuri to cancel the wedding off on its exact day or run away.

 

They decided to spend the night happily talking about their lives at Yena's house's balcony while drinking beer and soju.


 

Minjoo can't help but to tear up when Yuri finally started to wear her dress in front of her while Sakura but wiped her tears away. She's just very emotional and happy, she can still remember how she and Yena always bicker back then, they're really meant to be. Now, she will witness them exchange vows and rings later.

 

With an embarrassed expression, she went to the make-up artist to ask her for a retouch of her ruined make-up.

 

“You do know that Yujin is your partner for today, right?” Eunbi asked her as she stayed still in the chair, a makeup artist reapplying foundation on her cheeks. Yuri and Yena wanted the original partners of their group which are: Chaeyeon and Sakura, Hyewon and Eunbi, and of course, Minjoo and Yujin— she doesn't actually mind. She would just walk with the taller woman until the third row of the aisle and go to Chaewon who's also going to attend.

 

Speaking of Chaewon, the latter said she'll be at the venue soon with Hitomi, who's also invited by Yena— she said that she's also friends with Minjoo's friends.

 

Yuri's finally done wearing her gown, shining brightly. She took a deep breath as she bent a bit, letting the hairdresser put the veil for her. She looked at her parents who're also tearing up by looking at their daughter, then to her closest friends.

 

She's so happy that she wanted to cry and burst, but she doesn't want to ruin her make-up so she just smiled very big at them, trying to reassure them. She suddenly thought of her duck, what must Yena be doing in her room right now? There are many possibilities, she just smiled at her thoughts instead, shaking her head.

 

Meanwhile, Yena is a nervous-wreck, she wanted to throw up badly. She's pacing back and forth while biting down her thumbnail anxiously and Yujin is already dizzy. Hyewon just snorted while Chaeyeon kept taking pictures beside the blue haired woman.

 

“I-I think I'm gonna throw up.” Yena announced and Hyewon laughed. “You said that just a few minutes ago, but you didn't.” She replied, slumping on the couch, fixing her tie. The CEO hissed at her friend then pouted. Yena's faded pink hair is done into a high ponytail, her white suit dazzling. She's absolutely attractive today, especially that she's ready to get married to the love of her life.

 

Chaeyeon smiled at her anxious friend, pocketing her phone then fixed her black blazer. “Can't wait to marry Sakura, I also want to experience being nervous like that.” She said, laughing wholeheartedly. Hyewon shrugged. “Propose sooner, loser, y'alls six anniversary is coming too soon.” She replied, making Chaeyeon stomp her foot in realization.

 

“How about you, Hyewon? Any plans for you and Eunbi?” Yena asked, joining their marriage talks. The surgeon tensed, laughing nervously, and cleared . “I don't really know. I think it's too soon? But I want to discuss things with Eunbi first, if she likes the idea of marrying me sooner, then why not? I love her to death,” She replied, making the others whistle and howl. “Wow, was that our Kwangbae!?”

 

However, Yujin remained silent, obviously left out, but she tried her best. Yena noticed it and walked up to her, placing her hand on the taller's shoulders, earning her attention. “You've got a lot of time, and there are still many people around you. You will find yours soon.” She assured with a smile. Yujin smiled bitterly.

 

“I already found her, but I left her,” She wanted to reply but backed down last second and chuckled. “Of course.”


 

The door then was opened, revealing a coordinator of the wedding. She slipped inside the room with a smile. “Get ready, bride, your other bride is very much ready now also. Let's go?” She asked, making Yena jump, dashing to the mirror to hastily fix herself in panic then tried to get something on her purse, slipping it on the pocket of her white blazer. Hyewon is amused. “Seriously, a paper with your oath and vows?” She asked as they readied themselves. Yena huffed at her. “Just making sure, if I ever forget my lines.” She answered.

 

The wedding organizer nodded, asking if they're ready and Yena just gave her a thumbs up, she smiled at them before leading them out of the room, to the gorgeous wedding venue. Yena was in awe the moment she entered the venue because everything looked so nice and gorgeous, Yuri will like the mini light bulbs above them so much. She can already spot many guests and bowed to them.

 

The three gave their bro a reassuring pats and group hug before walking to the other hallway to meet their partners, girlfriends— and ex-girlfriend.

 

“Yuri is ready! She's already walking out of her room with her parents and staff as we speak, let's go to our positions!” Sakura said, pushing Chaeyeon to the exit of the hallway, settling beside her while holding a small bouquet of flowers. Hyewon and Eunbi also went to their positions, leaving Yujin and Minjoo behind them, awkwardly standing beside each other.

 

They waited for the other people who're also on the list of walking down to the aisle.

 

Yujin side-eyed the brunette beside her, who's busy fixing the handle of her bouquet quietly. She observed the woman's action, also checking her out in the process. The beauty is only wearing light makeup, her hair is tied up into a neat bun, and wearing a beautiful glittering silver headband. Absolutely breathtaking, plus her beautiful simple white dress— she's stunning as always.

 

“You look great, by the way,” She whispered, leaning a bit so Hyewon and Eunbi won't hear her. She smirked when Minjoo's cheeks instantly went red. The brunette cleared , checking Yujin out briefly, only to blush even more when she saw how attractive Yujin is with her suit and blue hair tied into a low ponytail. “W-Well, you don't look bad yourself,” She replied, trying to act cool but her voice trembled a bit making Yujin chuckle.


 

“Anyway, Minjoo-unnie,” The taller one started off, the brunette just hummed and looked at her curiously. “Sorry for the attitude I showed three days ago. I shouldn't have done that. I just want to make sure if Chaewon-ssi is comfortable with our current friendship despite being ex-lovers. I was challenging her, and I've seen how patient and sweet she is. I like her for y-you.” She explained further while playing with her fingers, hanging her head low, also hissing at herself when her voice cracked at the last word.

 

Minjoo was taken aback but she remained composed and calm. She just smiled. “Thank you for your concern, Yujin. Don't worry, I'm in good hands! Chaewon is probably one of the kindest people you've ever met.” She said gleefully, smiling at the taller woman. Yujin nodded and smiled a little bit. “Relieved to hear that.” She muttered lowly.

 

The brunette's big smile faded slowly when she saw the emotion painted on Yujin's expressive eyes. Sadness. She gulped, turning away before she could even do something she might regret later on, and to avoid unnecessary thoughts.



 

“THE BRIDE IS READY— Please, position down to the other end of the aisle. The ceremony will begin soon.” A staff member announced. All of them padded to the end of the aisle. Yujin and Minjoo will be the last couple to walk in the middle then finally, the door will open, revealing Yuri.

 

Minjoo stared at Yena who's nervously looking around, she chuckled a bit.

 

A man went up to the mic and announced something for the guests. “The bride is already standing behind the door. Please stand up from your seats, we will now start the ceremony and welcome the bride.” He said to the mic and the guests cheerfully stood up from their seats, excited to see Yuri. Yena flinched at the announcement, trying to be calm even if she wanted to throw up on the spot.


 

After a few seconds, an unfamiliar sweet instrumental song played and Yena gasped at this. It's Yuri's newly made song, exclusively made for their wedding only.

 

The bridesmaids started to walk down to the aisle. The squad would give Yena a wink as they strode down to the red carpet before going to their seats. When Eunbi and Hyewon walked, Yujin looked at the dazed Minjoo and offered her arm. “Cling into me?” She offered. The older stared at her for a few seconds but she slipped her hand around Yujin's arm anyway, firmly holding it as they walked down to the aisle.

 

Everything went slow motion to Minjoo, the moment she took a step. Her eyes glued to Yena who's almost tearing up, and when she blinked, she saw Yujin instead on Yena's place. The blue haired woman threw her a grin, a proud and happy one, her eyes are turning into crescents and there are tears of joy forming into her eyes.

 

The brunette can’t even see anything besides Yujin who's smiling at her while standing at the end of the aisle, waiting for her patiently. She can only feel herself walking down to the front alone, to Yujin.

 

It didn't take long for Minjoo to realize that—


 

She's imagining being married to Yujin. And she's dreaming that it's their wedding instead.


 

Minjoo's breath hitched. And when she blinked again, every petty imagination disappeared, Yujin is no longer at the end of the aisle, instead, it's Yena who's smiling at them. She turned around and saw the real Yujin, and she's even clinging to her.


 

And when they reached the third row, Yujin slowly detached herself from her, facing her briefly and smiled, walking to the other side of the chairs while she was left to walk to the seat, beside Chaewon who gave her a big smile. “Hey,” She greeted. Minjoo smiled weakly. “Hi.” She muttered lowly, also greeting Hitomi who's beside the orange haired. The head manager frowned instantly at her tone. “Are you alright?” She asked worriedly, wrapping her arm around her waist.

 

Minjoo nodded again. “Yes,” No, these imaginations and thoughts are ing killing me. “Just a little bit emo.” She answered in a low tone, not wanting to bother the other guests. Chaewon smiled at her. “Such a soft baby.” She said, giggling as she patted Minjoo's back for comfort. The brunette kept her head low, can’t meet Chaewon at the eyes after all of that stupid daydream. She imagined marrying Yujin instead of her potential future lover, Chaewon and it's making her guilty, it's not like she wanted or did it on purpose, the past is still haunting her.

 

Unbeknownst to them, a pair of sharp eyes are staring at them the whole time across the aisle.






 

The door finally opened, revealing Yuri— the most beautiful woman today in her glamorous white gown.

 

Yena almost lost her balance when she saw her soon-to-be-wife looking up to her, smiling sweetly, a white lacy see-through veil covering her entire face but Yena can still trace Yuri's features perfectly with her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter