ten: can't

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A month has easily passed by, and everything is still going smoothly— specifically, Yujin and Minjoo’s friendship. Nothing much happened, well in Yujin’s life because she got busier so she wasn’t able to go to the IZ Cool Squad’s weekly hangout, she will take the position of being a COO and the preparation is hectic. Yujin needed to finish her last project before her Father finally proclaimed her as the Chief Operating Officer of the famous Ahn Inc. and that’s the reason why the blue haired woman is so busy, she’s too busy finishing the project that will approximately take a month to finish.

 

Because Yujin is not a slacker in her job, she finally wrapped the project up after three weeks of working on it, even forgetting to take her meal at the right time and pulling an all-nighter every time she’s motivated. She already reported and presented it to her father yesterday and even received compliments and applause from the executives, very much impressed with her presentation and ideas. They are certain that she will lead Ahn Inc. to be more successful in the future.

 

Ahn Jinhyuk is satisfied, seemingly proud of her daughter. He’s smiling proudly and smugly as he watches Yujin present the project in front of the important people of the company.

 

All of them can’t wait for the big contribution of the heiress to the company in the future, and without a doubt, she’s well fitted to be the CEO of Ahn Inc. The executives talked about how Yujin is the perfect heiress of the company and no one else, she has a great ability to lead the conglomerate and has a sharp mind too, she can’t be fooled easily, also competitive and fearless enough to fight with the ones who have higher status than her. Yujin also has good leadership, mindset, and goal, although she's a snob and looking carefree, she’s still soft-hearted.


 

And currently, Yujin is lying down on her bed, staring at the ceiling, she just woke up a minute ago from twelve hours of sleep. She got so exhausted that she managed to sleep that long, for a month, she only sleeps for three to five hours a day, and yesterday, she didn’t even manage to get a wink of sleep because she needed to recheck her report. Exhausting but worth it. It may not look like it but she’s glad that she made the executives and her father impressed with her work.

 

She checked her phone and saw a lot of message notifications from IZ Cool Squad group chat and there’s some from her, Wonyoung, and Nako’s group chat but she decided to check it later because she saw Minjoo’s message notification. With a small smile, she opened the message and a frog meme that’s giving a thumbs up popped out, and it was sent last night at 11pm.

 

김민주: good job, yujin-ah! sorry i forgot to message you a good luck one earlier because i didn’t know that you’ll present it today >.<

 

김민주: you’re probably exhausted and sleeping now, good night :] you did well

 

Yujin squeaked, sulking because she didn’t manage to even read it or send a reply last night. She felt guilty so she replied immediately.

 

sorry unnie, i fell asleep very early that’s why i didn’t manage to reply back. but thanks ! <3

 

After sending it, she checked the other messages, mostly it’s just them congratulating Yujin and teasing her to throw a party later, the idea doesn’t sound bad though. Meanwhile, on her and WonNako’s group chat, the two said they will be flying to Japan today because of some matters, while replying to the messages, Minjoo replied.

 

김민주: its ok ! btw, good morning

 

She immediately replied back, abandoning the message for the IZ Cool Squad group chat and let it go to drafts. She just replied a simple good morning too, waiting for a minute to send it back, she doesn’t want Minjoo to think that she’s eager to reply back.

 

The brunette still sends her frog memes and stuff almost every day, sometimes greeting her good morning but Yujin wouldn’t dare to message first, she would let the brunette message first because she doesn’t want to disturb Minjoo. She’s satisfied with their current situation right now and she couldn’t wish for more, as long as Minjoo isn’t uncomfortable around her, that matters the most.

 

She also hasn’t heard anything about the brunette and Chaewon from the squad, and it’s not like she wanted to hear it anyway but she needed to know if the orange haired is treating Minjoo right even if she knew she would without a doubt, she still would like to know what’s going on between them, if they are already dating officially or what so she could prepare herself a congratulatory toast speech for them.

 

Her heart clenches at the thought but she shrugged it off.

 

Placing her cellphone on the nightstand, she took a deep breath before looking up into the wide ceiling of her room again, thoughts eating her up when—

 

Her stomach growled, Yujin pursed her lips, realizing that she hasn’t taken any food for a whole day already. She let out a soft sigh, sitting up gently on her comfy bed, stretching her sore and stiff muscles before forcing herself to stand up and go to the bathroom first to take a shower and cook breakfast after.

 

She made herself a bowl of ramyeon, eggs, bacons, and fried rice, she’s that starving that she wanted to eat a heavy meal. She literally slurped the bowl of noodles in one go, that’s how hungry she is. God, she is so not gonna skip meals again.

 

The blue haired woman is halfway finishing her breakfast when her doorbell rang, indicating that she has a visitor.

 

Her brow arched, stopping her movements, she was about to eat her rice when someone had to disturb her. She hissed and placed the spoon on the plate when the doorbell rang again, continuously, the visitor is probably impatient or just teasing her.

 

With an annoyed grunt, she didn’t bother to look at the small screen monitor beside and just opened the door because the doorbell won’t stop ringing.

 

“WHAT—” Yujin stopped and pressed her lips together when she saw the visitor— or rather visitors. She blinked and looked at them, confused. “Why are you guys here?” She asked, and in a more soft tone now, the furrow on her brows vanished in an instant.


 

Yena sheepishly smiled at her, she’s the person who kept ringing the doorbell by the way. While the others beside her just waved at Yujin. “Well, surprise visit! To hold a mini party in your house cuz’ you’re officially the COO now! Congrats pup!” She exclaimed even showing her the paper bags full of food and drinks, prepared for the surprise early party.

 

The blue haired woman snorted, widening the gap of the door, letting the others step inside. “It’s so early.” She muttered, side-eyeing the gang, finding someone but she didn’t spot her at all, she’s the only one missing.

 

With a worried gaze, she looked at Sakura who’s already walking to the spacious living room with a gaped mouth. “Where’s Minjoo-unnie?” She asked the Japanese woman making her look at her. “Oh, she’s going to follow, she saw a long-time friend and said she’ll just catch up first with her then buy banana milks, you know her.” She explained, jumping to Yujin’s leather couch, feeling herself at home. The taller just nodded before turning to the others.


 

Eunbi went to her and hugged her. “Sorry, we need to be early because we’re not free later in the afternoon except for Minjoo.” She said, pinching her cheeks while she just whined. “Chaeyeon is going to make us a very spectacular lunch. We bought the ingredients we need in case that you don’t have stocks.” Added by her before walking to the living room.

 

Pouting, she went over to the living room, rolling her eyes when they all tried to fit themselves at the couch, fighting for the space. “Guys, you’re going to destroy my couch. I have futons here,” She said, sighing before walking to the stockroom, grabbing some futons and Chaeyeon helped her get it so they won’t fight over who’s going to sit comfortably.

 

The Suspenderz decided to lie on the futons, leaving Eunbi, Yuri, and Sakura at the couch, comfortably chilling there while eating some fries and watching the television, both of them made themselves feel at home already, Yujin’s place is very homey and cozy so they are instantly comfortable around. Meanwhile, the other four started to have a wrestling match below them.

 

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang again and it’s definitely Minjoo. The Suspenderz stopped choking each other, their gaze moving to the door and before Yena could even say ‘the one who will get the door last is ugly’, Yujin immediately dashed to the door like Flash and they could only watch in amazement as the blue haired woman fixes her shirt and hair first before opening the door.

 

They witnessed how Yujin smiled like a puppy that saw its owner after a long time when she saw Minjoo. The brunette muttered a shy greeting to her ex-lover while Yujin gestured to her to come in. The pup even watched Minjoo take off her shoes and walked with her to the living room.

 

Both of them looked at the others who are watching them silently. Minjoo awkwardly lifted the plastic bag she’s holding. “Uhm, do you guys want some banana and strawberry milk? I bought lots,” She offered to break the awkward silence around. Yujin immediately raised her hand. “Can I take the strawberry milk?” She asked innocently, making the brunette beam and smile at her, handing her the drink and even gave Yujin a head pat, tiptoe-ing a bit to reach for the taller’s head.

 

Hyewon whistled, earning a smack from Chaeyeon, giving her a look that ‘let them be omg u ’ and the surgeon nodded, understandingly.

 

“Oh ,” Yujin suddenly cursed, and the oldest glared at her. “I forgot that I’m still eating my breakfast. Do you guys already take a meal?” She asked, walking over to the dining table across the room while sipping on her milk. Minjoo shyly followed her to the kitchen. “I still haven’t eaten anything, can I have cereal?” She asked and Yujin hastily ran to her giant fridge, already grabbing some eggs and meat.

 

“No uh, you will eat REAL breakfast, wait for a bit, I’ll cook for you.” Yujin said as she laid down the ingredients on the counter, walking over to Minjoo and led her to the table, letting her sit there at the chair. The brunette blinked, rubbing her nape. “B-But cereal is enough—” She tried to insist but Yujin just hushed the older woman down, already whipping out her apron and started to cook while Minjoo just watched her move around the kitchen with a smitten smile.

 

Of course, the three pairs of couples’ jaws dropped that it even broke the floor, watching the scene unfold before them shocked them to the core. They all looked at each other then broke out into a smile.

 

Yena shrugged. “Are we gonna let them be?” She whispered and Yuri nodded. “Yup,” She said, still staring at the two from the couch before taking a deep breath, turning to the other side to talk with Sakura.

 

Yujin wouldn’t let her princess starve. She even forgot she still had some food left to eat but oof, then she will have breakfast with Minjoo then. She smiled sheepishly to herself as she flipped the eggs on the pan. She’s very happy and giddy. For the first time in years, she cooked again for Minjoo. And she missed this so much. Cooking breakfast for Minjoo was her daily routine back then, they lived together on the same roof back then too and she’s in charge of cooking in the morning.

 

But back then, the brunette would give her back hugs while she cooks

 

Preparing the meal, she shook off those unnecessary thoughts and just focused on placing the egg on top of the rice. After she perfectly prepared the food, she walked over to Minjoo who’s still staring at her, and presented it to her with a proud smile. “Ta-da!” She exclaimed, putting the plate in front of her and also handed her the utensils.

 

“Wah~ Thank you so much, Yujin,” Minjoo chirped, grabbing the spoon while the blue haired woman just smiled at her. “Anything for you my pri—” She paused immediately when her tongue slipped and she sweats nervously when she saw the brunette froze too. “I-I mean, unnie! Anything for you, unnie.” She said, embarrassed. Minjoo lets out an awkward smile. “Haha, yea, thanks for the meal.” She muttered before putting a spoonful on , in delight as she chewed it, giving Yujin a nod of appreciation.

 

Smiling softly, the taller untied her apron and hung it near the fridge. “Do you want me to make you some coffee?” She asked again, walking over to the coffee machine. Minjoo nodded furiously. “Please,” She said, mouth full. Yujin chuckled, grabbing a mug. “On the second thought, I’ll just make you hot chocolate instead. Coffee is bad for your health, I know you’re taking a lot of it in work, lessen on drinking caffeine, got it, unnie?” She scolded as she opened the cabinet, grabbing a sachet of instant hot chocolate, and started to make it.

 

“Okay,” Minjoo answered with a pout, slicing a piece of bacon and ate it, watching Yujin’s broad back.

 

Like Yujin, the brunette also missed being like this. She missed how she watches Yujin cook them breakfast and the blue haired woman’s cooking. She also missed how she would wrap her arms around Yujin’s waist and watch her cook, that’s the highlight of their morning back then.

 

She pressed her lips together, sighing, and focused on eating her food. After a minute, Yujin placed a mug and a glass of water beside her plate before walking to the other side, sitting across her, and continued eating her almost forgotten breakfast.

 

Both of them started to talk casually again, laughing at some certain topics and Yujin was very satisfied. Her mornings ever since she broke up with Minjoo is just plain bland and lonely because the brunette is not with her, and she only cooks breakfast for herself.

 

She wanted her mornings to be like this again, simply eating breakfast with Minjoo every day while talking about a lot of stuff. Simple yet both of them are contented and happy. Oh, she wishes.


 

After eating, Minjoo insisted that she would wash the dishes but of course, the blue haired woman rejected it but after the older gave her a glare she finally agreed. She waited for Minjoo to finish washing dishes and they both went back to the living room together.

 

The brunette sat beside Eunbi at the couch, snuggling closer to the older, and the lawyer just wrapped her arm around Minjoo’s shoulders. “Enjoyed the meal?” She asked in a teasing tone making the brunette blush lightly before nodding shyly.

 

Yena then stood up, clapping her hands. “Now that both of you finished eating, what should we do?” She asked then clasped her hands together. “Any suggestion?” Hyewon raises her arm sleepily. “Let’s take a nap.” She suggested and the CEO immediately turned her attention to the others, not even considering Hyewon’s suggestion in the slightest bit. “Anyone?”

 

Minjoo raises her arm with an excited smile, Yena gestured her to speak up. “Watch movies?” She replied. The CEO hummed. “But it’s supposed to be a party! We need to do something productive.” She complained, huffing. Yujin snorted, rolling over the futon, leaning the side of her head on Minjoo’s foot. “It’s like eight in the morning, hello? Let’s just have a party later at lunch. I would like to watch movies too.” She boredly said and the others started to nod in agreement.

 

The CEO huffed again but she agreed nonetheless, leaving her with no option. “Okay! Yujin?” She said, giving the blue haired woman a pointed look. “The CDs are just there below, y’all can pick anything, I don’t mind.” She said, closing her eyes. Chaeyeon beamed. “Horror! Horror!” She excitedly suggested, earning a smack from her own lover. “Babe, you know I’m not good at watching it.” Sakura whined but the dancer pouted, giving her puppy eyes. “I’m just right here beside you love, I will hug you,” She said, hugging her girlfriend.

 

Hyewon clapped, liking the suggestion. “Hell yeah! Come on, the Nun!” She exclaimed happily. Yena nodded. “Okay, the Nun, here we go, yeet!” She chirped as she whipped out the CD of the movie and inserted it on the DVD player, then grabbed the remote, playing it. Yuri squealed, pulling Yena who’s below her, and hugged her from behind while the CEO excitedly clapped when the movie started.

 

Yujin decided to take a nap, just below Minjoo. Then a while after, creepy noises can be heard from the television, it means the scary parts are coming in. The blue haired woman heard a squeak above her, she took a peek and saw the brunette shaking a bit, and covering her eyes in fear.

 

The taller blinked and worriedly looked at her, she can see how scared Minjoo is and she can’t snuggle with Eunbi because the older one already went below to cuddle with her girlfriend. She knows that Minjoo doesn’t really like scary movies and a whole scaredy-cat so without a second thought, she climbed to the couch beside the brunette and nervously pulled her into an embrace.

 

Confused for a second, Minjoo looked up, she was met with Yujin’s blushing face. She was leaning against the younger’s chest while the latter hugged her with a little bit of hesitation, not wanting her to be uncomfortable. She then blushed and was about to speak when a loud screech boomed through the speakers, making the brunette jump in shock, snuggling further to Yujin as she clung into her tightly. She hated scary things so much.

 

The taller hugged her even more, very tight that Minjoo can hear the fast beating of Yujin’s heart. “It’s okay, they are not real.” The younger muttered, her hair as she comforted her, Minjoo still refused to look at the television screen- of course, because she’s scared, not because she just wanted to bury her face against Yujin’s neck and just take a sniff of her scent. Yup, yup, not because of that.

 

Her heart is fastly beating too, matching Yujin’s, and of course, because of the movie, not because of Yujin, Yup, yup, not because of that, again-

 

God, why is she even thinking and denying all of that, god damn self.

 

Throughout, she just stayed close with Yujin, and would immediately bury her face when a scary thing appeared and the younger woman would comfort her from time to time too, making her relieved and calm.

 

The movie ends and Yujin immediately detaches herself from her, coughing while blushing madly, same as Minjoo, her face is red like a ripe tomato. Hyewon did some stretching. “Wow, that’s a good movie,” She said and Eunbi glared at her lover. “You literally slept throughout, dumb.”

 

Yuri side-eyed the ex-lovers, she witnessed it all before smirking. “We all literally just cuddled our partners for almost two hours, haha, fun!” She chirped, playing with her wife’s cheeks. She saw the two blushed again.

 

The blue haired woman stood up, excusing herself that she’ll go to the restroom.

 

After Yujin went to the bathroom, the married couple started to tease the flustered Minjoo. “Oooh, we saw what you guys did there~” Yuri teased, chuckling. Sakura and Chaeyeon also scooted closer to tease Minjoo because they also saw that, even Eunbi, except for Hyewon who took a nap and missed it all, was very confused as to why they were teasing the brunette.

 

“She just comforted me! You know how much I hated horror movies,” Minjoo defensively reasoned, cheeks flushed. Chaeyeon snickered. “You enjoyed clinging to her more than watching the movie.” She said. Minjoo huffed, blushing hard. “The movie is not enjoyable in the first place,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter