Dear Me.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dear Me.

 

 

Things fell into a new pattern after the bittersweet evening of the interdepartmental performances. Just as Baekhyun predicted, when Soojung said closing the chapter, she meant the times she spent with him and Hayoon too. Sure, Baekhyun still had classes with her and Hayoon would occasionally pass by her on campus. However, there was little exchange between them other then the cordial ‘how are you’ and ‘see you around’.

 

It hurt, knowing the bond that they all shared had disintegrated to the point of no repair, but at the same time, neither Hayoon nor Baekhyun could blame Soojung for her actions. She wanted a fresh beginning and being around them simply reminded her of how much they had all lost and could no longer recover.

 

On the other hand, Jongin had steadily integrated his presence in Hayoon’s life, and by default Baekhyun’s too. An unlikely friendship also formed between Sehun and Jongin, as they bonded over dancing and bubble tea. In fact, Baekhyun, Jongin and Sehun had somehow become the three musketeers, their foolish antics increasing exponentially, bringing more second-hand embarrassment to Hayoon. She sometimes suspected that the trio had made it their life goal to make sure she could not complete her final year peacefully. Nonetheless, their constant bickering and mischievous behaviours brought much laughter to Hayoon, brightening her starless night even during the most damning storms.

 

Just like that, autumn went by in a blur and winter declared its arrival. Christmas break had just started and Hayoon found herself in Jongin’s room, sitting on his desk as that was the only space in the room that was not covered by random piles of clothes and overflowing boxes.

 

After Jongin realised that Baekhyun had given up looking for a new place to stay and had no intention to live by himself due to the high costs and did not want to live with strangers, the tan male decided that he would just end his contract with the dorm early and find a place with Baekhyun instead. It was really a miracle that the two had managed to live together in Jongin’s dorm room for as long as they did. But seeing the state the room was in when Hayoon first entered, she could only imagine what a nightmare it must have been.

 

“Pray tell me,” Sehun complained as he forcefully taped a box shut. “Why am I here slaving away while shortie is just chilling there?”

 

“Because Sunshine actually arrived on time and helped categorise items in boxes,” Baekhyun huffed. “Unlike someone who arrived late stinking of .”

 

“I went out celebrating last night and the girl I went back with lived in the middle of nowhere ok?” retorted Sehun. “I came as soon as I woke up.”

 

“Should’ve taken a shower before coming,” quipped Hayoon while scrunching her nose. “You do kinda stink.”

 

Growling in response, Sehun stood up, threatening to hug the girl in order to rub his body odour all over her, causing her to squeal in panic as she shuffled backwards on the desk, extending her leg to keep the male at bay. Before Sehun could launch his attack however, he was tackled to the ground by Baekhyun who then proceeded to tickle the male until he was reduced to tears, screaming in defeat.

 

Chuckling, Jongin leaned against the desk, tilting his head to look at a bewildered Hayoon.

 

“You think we’ll ever manage to finish packing?” Jongin questioned. “Amber is going back to the states to visit family for Christmas this evening and we don’t have the keys to the flat yet.”

 

“Her old flatmates aren’t around?” Hayoon replied.

 

“They moved out yesterday, left their keys with her.”

 

Nodding in understanding, Hayoon hopped off the desk and nudged Baekhyun with her foot.

 

“Do this after you’re done packing Baek,” chided the girl. “Or you’ll be locked out of your new flat and be homeless.”

 

Returning to his packings, Baekhyun gave Sehun a long warning stare while Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter