Summer Extravaganza.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Summer Extravaganza.

 

 

It was the evening of the highly anticipated summer extravaganza. Needless to say, Baekhyun was the most excited out of them, eager to see the gymnasium transformed into a Shakespearean wonderland.

 

Keeping her promise to Baekhyun, Hayoon allowed the male to chose her outfit. Soojung and Chanyeol had decided to attend the event dressed up as Romeo and Juliet, but to Baekhyun’s dismay, they rebelled by choosing the dance scene outfits from the 1996 film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Thus to balance out their supposed blasphemy, Baekhyun went full out in procuring for himself a Hamlet inspired outfit and for Hayoon a matching Ophelia dress and accessories.

 

Taking inspiration from Sir John Everett Millais painting of Ophelia, Hayoon wore a silver dress with embroidered intricate golden details. The front of the dress reached her knees, while the back was slightly longer, the puffy material of the skirt bounced in the air every time Hayoon took a step. The golden details on the halter neckline made it unnecessary for Hayoon to need a neckpiece. Instead, Baekhyun had Soojung curl Hayoon’s hair into soft waves, weaving small flowers as accessories into her hair that matched the flower earrings dangling from her ears. The girl’s hair was only shoulder length, meaning she did not have the cascading hair that Ophelia was always portrayed having. Nonetheless, Baekhyun was satisfied with the final look, stating that Hayoon looked like a modern reincarnation of the Danish noblewoman.

 

Taking careful steps in her heels, Hayoon threw daggers at Baekhyun with her eyes. Not only had the male made her wear completely impractical heels, but he had also confiscated her glasses.

“Stop giving me that look Sunshine,” quipped the male who caused her woes. “The glasses would have ruined the overall aesthetics.”

 

Gripping tightly onto his arms so as not to trip Hayoon pouted softly.

 

“Yes, because aesthetics is much more important than my ability to see.”

 

“I hate to admit it, but Baek’s right.”

 

“Not you too Soojung!”

 

“You should’ve just bought contact lenses.”

 

“They’d just be left gathering dust in the drawer since I have no reason to wear them normally,” frowned the girl. “Plus I’d end up rubbing my eyes the whole night because of how uncomfortable they are, which means smudging the make up.”

 

“Well then, just hold onto us so that you don’t get lost in the crowed then.” Chanyeol added, his hands intertwined with Soojung’s.

 

Entering the gymnasium, the group had arrived just in time for the opening performance, which much to everyone’s surprise was Sehun and Jongin’s dance piece. Pushing through the crowd to have a better view, Chanyeol and Baekhyun acted as shields to prevent Soojung and Hayoon from getting pushed around. Finding a secure spot at the front, the group looked expectantly at the stage.

 

When the performance began, Hayoon was rendered speechless. Jongin’s fluid movements contrasted with Sehun’s sharp ones, resulting in her being mesmerised by the chemistry and synchronisation that the two performers displayed. Had she not known them both personally, she would have assumed that the two had been dance partners for years. Wearing a loose fitting white shirt and black trousers, the two males flawlessly danced bare foot to the music.

 

As Jongin landed after a pirouette in the air, he caught Hayoon’s gaze. Giving her small wink, a bunch of female students squealed in delight as they thought the gesture was directed towards them. Sehun meanwhile, had proceeded to his shirt, revealing a swell sculpted chest and torso, instigating the crowd to scream in excitement.

 

“Show off,” scoffed Baekhyun under his breath, earning a chuckle from Hayoon.

 

When the performance ended, Hayoon joined in the loud applause. Feeling a tug on her arm, she followed Baekhyun and the others as the crowd started to disperse while the live band tuned their instruments, ready to kick off the long evening of dancing and hopefully responsible drinking.

 

Each holding a drink in hand, they were soon joined by Sehun who stole Hayoon’s drink and gulped it down in one go.

 

“Oh god I really needed that,” exhaled the male, returning the empty cup to a frowning Hayoon.

 

“What on earth are you wearing Oh Sehun.” exclaimed Baekhyun, throwing the new addition an indignant look.

 

“I’m Prospero, from Return to the Forbidden Planet,” answered the male smoothly, posing in his wacky crazy scientist outfit that made him look like he had stepped out of an episode of Doctor Who.

 

“That wannabe cheesy 80s musical?!” Screeched Baekhyun in horror.

 

“It’s based on The Tempest so… strictly speaking I followed theme.” Sehun smirked then pointed at Soojung and Chanyeol he added, “Those two aren’t exactly sticking to the original Romeo and Juliet either.”

 

“And we’re out,” declared Chanyeol, not wanting to repeat this conversation again. “Let’s go dance Soojung.”

 

Pulling the girl, the couple disappeared into the swarm of bodies dancing to the music while a underclassman by the name of Jae was singing a cheery tune with his band.

 

Turning his attention towards Hayoon, Sehun let out a low whistle.

 

“You’re looking exquisite shortie. Almost didn't recognise you. Though, it’s pretty amazing how you are still a shortie despite the heels.”

 

Hayoon attempted to jab Sehun in the ribs but the male caught her wrist just in time. Lifting her arm over her head, he twirled the girl on the spot, her skirt blooming like a flower in the process. He then smoothly wrapped his arm around her waist as she came to a halt.

 

“If you want a dance just say the word shortie,” mused Sehun, “No need to get so physical.”

 

Before Hayoon could retaliate, Baekhyun threw his arms between Hayoon and Sehun, pushing the two apart.

 

“Hands off Oh Sehun, this is precious cargo,” exclaimed Baekhyun, putting a protective arm around Hayoon.

 

Shrugging nonchalantly, Sehun noticed Yoona standing a few metres away.

 

“Well then peeps, I’m off to conquest my prize for the evening.”

 

Giving a playful salute, Sehun sauntered off confidently towards the unsuspecting girl and the two soon disappeared into the dance floor.

 

Holding a hand in front of Hayoon, Baekhyun gave a low bow.

 

“Care for a dance milady?”

 

Placing her hand in his, Hayoon gracefully returned the gesture.

 

“Why yes kind sir.”

 

Laughing at their silly behaviour, the two too joined the dance floor, swaying their bodies to the rhythm of the music. Holding his hands firmly on Hayoon’s waist, Baekhyun made sure that the girl would not accidentally trip on her own feet and fall face flat onto the floor. Hayoon in turn had her hands on Baekhyun’s shoulders, using him as support.

 

Soon the live band switched gears and the music transitioned into a romantic slow dance track. That was when Hayoon noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter