The Passing of Spring.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Passing of Spring.

 

 

With the inner turmoil swept away and replaced by newfound confidence, Hayoon found herself standing outside of Soojung’s room early in the morning, knowing well that she would catch girl before she headed off to her classes.

 

Knocking on the door, Hayoon fumbled with her bracelet while waiting patiently for Soojung to answer. Just as she anticipated, when Soojung opened the door she was still in her pyjamas, no where near ready for class.

 

“Hayoon?” Soojung moved to the side, letting the surprise visitor into her room. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Someone recently helped me sort out through my inner turmoil, helping me to find the answer I was searching for,” replied the girl in an abstract manner. “So I’m here to do the same for you.”

 

Giving her an incredulous look, Soojung placed her palm on Hayoon’s forehead.

 

“Are you running a fever? Or did Baek feed you something weird?”

 

Swatting her hand away, Hayoon let out a soft chuckle.

 

“No, I’m perfectly fine.” Sitting down on Soojung’s chair Hayoon continued. “I just think between me and Baek, I’m probably the one who is more in tune with you right now, more aware of what you are going through.”

 

Soojung raised her eyebrow, but said nothing as she sat down on her bed.

 

“You have feelings for Yeol. That is why you have been feeling so confused and conflicted ever since he kissed you. That is why you can’t seem to let go of that kiss. That is why you held onto Yeol’s letters.”

 

Staring at the girl, Hayoon waited for a reaction.

 

“Say you were right,” Soojung responded after much contemplation. “I’ve hurt him too much over the last few months.”

 

“But the damage is not irreversible,” Hayoon replied firmly. “Yeol’s feelings for you have not wavered a single bit ever since he confessed — despite how untimely the confession was. So get rid of this pointless sense of guilt and just think; what do you want?”

 

“Is this your way of giving me your blessings?” Soojung mumbled, her eyes drifting towards the drawer where Chanyeol’s letters lay hidden.

 

“You’ve had my blessings from the very beginning.”

 

“And it won’t make you feel uncomfortable?”

 

“Please,” Huffed the girl. “If anything Baek will be the most uncomfortable one out of us. His childhood friend being all lovey dovey with his best friend.”

 

“I guess he’ll just stick with you even more,” mused Soojung, a ghost of a smile appearing on her face. “Start some singles appreciation association.”

 

“He can try but I’ll just hide away somewhere,” Hayoon bantered. “I’m pretty good at hiding away in isolated places.”

 

“That indeed you are.” After a pause Soojung continued. “You really think Yeol doesn’t resent me for how I’ve been behaving?”

 

“If he does I’ll kick him.”

 

Soojung bit her lip, looking uncertain before nodding firmly at Hayoon, her eyes reflecting hope and gratitude.

 

“You really are such a good friend Hayoon.”

 

・・・

 

With one task ticked off of her list, Hayoon now headed towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s flat, ready for round two. Crossing the road, she saw Baekhyun exiting the building just as she approached,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter