Seven Days In

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"The Crown Prince is engaged!"

"Just who is this mystery girl?"

"Koreas new princess, here's what we know!"

"The date for the wedding has not been announced, but is rumored to be soon."

"Congratulations to our Prince and our soon-to-be  Princess!" 

 

Iseul thought her head would start spinning if she saw one more headline. She knew a new princess would be a big deal, she just didn't think it'd be this big. 

Iseuls head snapped up at the sound of Marks voice, "Issy, the King told you to go to the main palace," He informed her, Iseul nodded and looped arms with Mark, 
"Are you alright?" He asked softly, Iseul gave him a reassuring smile, "Remind me to send Seol my congrats on her engagement," Iseul mused, trying to steer the conversation into a more joking one. Mark patted her hand.

"So, you've officially been at the palace for a week, how do you like it?" Mark started up a new conversation, Iseul scrunched her nose up, "I like it, I kind of wish I didn't," Mark nodded, he understood what she meant. Getting attached won't do her any good. 

"You still haven't meant most of the staff," Mark pointed out, "maybe making friends will do you some good."  Iseul smiled at Mark, 

"That reminds me, I sighed up for the school play, auditions are tomorrow." Mark's eyes widened, "You decided to do plays again, is that a good idea?" Iseul glared at him, "Why did you say it that way? Do you think it's a bad idea?" The same thoughts have been floating through her mind. 

"It's not that, I just thought you weren't supposed to be bringing attention to yourself..." He tried to say it in a way that wouldn't upset her, Iseul was already upset about the restrictions the palace has been setting for her. 

"It's not like anybody knows who I am, as far as they know I'm just a new student." Mark troubled his bottom lip before nodding, "I guess, wait--does this mean I have to sit through all your rehearsals?" He groaned, Iseul stuck her tongue out at him, "Ha, must being a bodyguard!" 

Mark rolled his eyes, "Oh shush."

--------

Iseul slipped into the dinning room with Mark right beside her, "I'm waiting here," he said before standing by the door. Iseul nodded before heading to the table. 
Her forehead creased when the butler gestured for her to sit next to the prince. As she did, the doors opened again. In came Haechan and Mr. Lee, it was becoming obvious that this dinner wasn't just a casual meal between future family. 

It became even clearer when Iseul took notice of the chancellor who was sitting across from her, her breath hitched as she scanned his features.
He seemed to have noticed, he sent her a wink before greeting the Lee's. 

Just play dumb. 

Iseul reminded herself as she plastered a smile on her face. 

"Mr. Lee," the king began, "I assume that you've read some of the news articles." Mr. Lee nodded, "I have, King Jeong." He assured, the king nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter