Twenty Times You Could Have Said Good-bye

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(This story is getting close to it's completion! So be sure to upvote and comment;) It's very appreciated)

 

Twenty-third of October

 

Iseul knocked on Jaehyun's door. As soon as he opened the door and saw her a smile took over his face. 
Both of their hearts skipped a beat, but neither mentioned it. 

"Do you want to go on a walk?" For the last time. She adds in her mind. 

 

Jaehyun smiles at her, "Of course, just let me grab my coat." He quickly jogs into his room. 
His smiling face appears once more, "Ready?" She asks, he nods. 

They walk side by side, not touching, just being in each others presence is enough. As if it were an unspoken pact between the two of them, 
If I can't be with you, let me be by you. 

"The skies pretty~" Iseul says wistfully, 

They neared the pond. "Are you excited for the play tomorrow?" Jaehyun asks, he has an over the top smile on his face. Iseul chuckled, "A mix of excited and nervous." 
Jaehyun playfully rolled his eyes, "You have nothing to be nervous about! You and the cast have rehearsed so much, I'm surprised you don't recite lines in your sleep." He joked, Iseul smiled, "Who's to say I don't?" They both laughed. 


"The suns almost down," Iseul noted as the glistening yellow on the water began to fade.  The stars started to take over the sky as they watched the scene is silence. 
Is is selfish of Iseul to want to stay like this forever? To live a life like this, a life that should be someone else's. 

"I mean it by the way," Iseul looked up at Jaehyun's sudden words, he had a light smile plastered to his face as he looked out at the sky. "You're going to do great." 

Iseul leaned her head onto his shoulder, for a moment, she would break the unspoken pact. 

 

Twenty-fourth of October...

 

And just like that, the day was here. Two months felt like it went by in a blink of an eye.  Iseul smiled bitterly as she stared down at the piece of paper and the pen in front of her. All of her belongings that she had brought, were already packed up. Mark and Johnny had loaded it into a car the Lee's had sent. 

Know the last thing to do before the play; was write this letter. 

To come completely clean, no more lying...she was just sad she wouldn't be able to say it to his face.

Instead she'd preform on the stage, knowing that he'd find out her lies afterwards. 

Iseul picked up the pen, and finally allowed the ink to meet the paper. 

Dear, Jaehyun

 

~~~~

"Are you coming to the play tonight?" Jaehyun asked Taeyong. The latter nodded, "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't?" His words weren't spoken out of bitterness, he meant it truthfully. If he was a friend, he'd be a great friend.

Jaehyun hummed, "We should sit together, The security guards aren't letting me sit by people I don't know." He rolled his eyes. Taeyong chuckled, "It's really annoying how they do their jobs." He said sarcastically. "Isn't it though?" Jaehyun went along with the joke. 

~~~~

Iseul looked in the mirror as one of the girls in the play helped her apply eyeliner. "Thank you," she said before the girl walked away. 

Iseul looked at the envelope on her makeup stand. 

The act would finally be up, and she would go back to her normal life. With the memories of him stuck in her head. 


"Are you okay?" Jungwoo asked, Iseul bobbed her head and sent him a forced smile, "Yeah, the nervousness might be getting to me." He patted her head, "You've got this," he turned to leave but paused, "and Iseul, even after all of this, you still have me and Mark." He sent her a genuine smile. Iseul could feel the sting of tears in her eyes, but she wouldn't cry, the makeup on her face looked far too good. So instead, she got up and gave him a hug. 

"Everyone get ready!! The play will begin soon!" The theater teacher yelled, she sounded more nervous then the cast. Sweat dripped from her brows as she fanned herself with the script. "I'm going to go take my spot, You got this." Mark said quickly, he had just walked in after securing the area, and he was already off to get ready to be the security for both Iseul and Jaehyun. 

Iseul sent him a smile and a nod. 

Iseul grabbed the sharpie on her makeup stand, and took the envelope in hand. On the outside of the envelope she wrote Jaehyun. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter